Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

I know who's got better brakes (a kill story)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2002 | 05:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
I know who's got better brakes (a kill story)

Just a few minutes ago I was coming back from blockbuster, I got behind a Camaro SS and pushed my car as we take from the light so the guy would race me on the next light (yes I started it, I have to because not many guys know the AMGs around here (red neck bubbas)). Just as I expected the guy was ready to race me at the next light, we took off like nuts (he did pretty good because he hardly spun tires, just a little chirp, I can tell it was 6 speed shift), by the time we are doing 80 I'm in front almost by his front bumper, here comes the funny part, when we are proaching 100 mph we both spotted a cop parked on a chuch parking lot (I've seen them there before catching people but this time I forgot) we both step on the brakes pretty hard by the time we are at the cop's radar range I'm doing ~55 mph and slowing down (to 45 mph speed limit), the guy in the camaro is in front of me about 2 car lenghts, haha, and braking hard , the cop takes off quick and goes straight for the camaro, I'm glad those AMG brakes work really good and that the cop didn't come get me

P.S. It takes skills to be lucky
Old 08-12-2002 | 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I know what you mean.....

I had a little fun with what appeared to be a modded Camaro SS a few nights ago. I say modded cause his exhaust "popped" at each shift.

I think he was surprised I was hanging with him (right behind him) on the freeway onramp as he shifted up the gears...we nearly hit XXX mph. He was trying to get some ricers to run against him, but gave up when nobody would touch him. I thought "what the hell". We both turn slowly on to the on ramp....it has a slight upward elevation change. Not enough room for a side by side, but I stab the throttle and we're off! The elevation continues to rise and the exit ramp is a good 1/3 mile long.

We slowed way down on the only curve right before the highway merge.....he braked early.....I am very confident in the AMG brakes.

After we are on the highway (a little p.m. traffic), he slows so he can get behind me to see what is on the trunklid.....CLK55 /////AMG

I try to get him to pull over at the next exit so we can chat and I can see what he's running. No dice. Maybe next time

Last edited by Chappy; 08-12-2002 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-12-2002 | 10:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Nice story too Chappy I like those kind of races.