Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

raced a modded WRX STI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by tama_mog
There's nothing I haven't looked into on the evo....I decided to not go with injection kits because the safety precautions don't cater to my likings....besides I don't seem to mind 425whp on california **** gas and run 560-570whp on vp110....car's plenty fast enough with AWD. Aquamist is really the way to go to incorporate with AEM EMS when it comes to controlling injection....the SMC kits are cheap but can fail over time and last thing you want to do is having a clogged jet while pushin 30psi on a large turbo.

This is my car:

http://www.orlandorojas.com/forsale/perfectevo/
nice!

i remember seeing your car before on the classifieds. i take it you still have it?

From the short information I have on EVO or STI: My assumption is that the EVO engine is much easier to get unleash power, since the internals are much better than the Subi's.

If I had to get a project car.... the EVO MR would probably be my choice to start.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 RRE Evo, 06 E55
That would be correct. If you are planning on modding the car, the evo is definitely the better platform to go with. The STI stock internals are just not beefy enough to handle excess power whereas the bulletproof 4g63 can take quite a bit of beating. I rebuilt the whole motor and transmission/transfer case to reliably allow 9200 rpm revs all day long with the extra gobs of power. It's always amazing to see little 4 bangers pump out 400lb+ of torque to the ground on race gas on such a light car......and when that turbo spools and torque peaks....it's literally breathtaking....not for the lighthearted at all. BTW, in socal there is only one place to go for 4g63 tuning that's worthwhile and the best, and that's road race engineering. Their track records and numerous builds speak for themselves and every single evo/dsm owner can vouch for them....they've helped me build a car that's fast, stops, and turns like none other I've driven. Plus tinkering with japanese imports also gives perspective to modding as well in my opinion. Bolt ons like most of the mods on the euro cars are considered light mods in the import world today and all the fabrication and customization from top to bottom is quickly becoming the norm. That's why I have a hard time modding the benz because #1) Mercedes' warranty would not be fun to void.....because the parts and car is too damn expensive #2) I have a hard time shelling out that much money for small bolt ons #3) I'd rather have the car specifically tuned instead of buying off the shelf flashes...that definitely does not appeal to me #4) even with all this power and torque, there are real traction problems and the things are slugs around a track when it comes to cornering.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by amgdriven
Well rebirth, this is after all an MERCEDES forum. You know...MBWORLD. Not meaning to offend anyone....okay, I'm lying. But, if you come to this forum without...lets say...a MERCEDES and add NO knowledge to the subject, but an excuse of how your non-benz is faster than the pos mentioned, well, find another forum. That, like yourself is what we call a TROLL. Nothing to contribute but ****. Simple. This is a forum where we like and appreciate what we drive....and like to talk about it. Lets call it a brotherhood.

Do I need a E55 to gain respect? No. But when my grandpa looking, yacht floating, gas guzzling, feels like I'm driving a couch, 4-dr tank kicks a ricer's a**, it brings a smile to my already stressfull day.

I am enjoying learning about his car and what he has to say about it. Just because it's not a benz does not mean it can't be fun, and he is obviously a very knowledgable fellow on these cars. If you don't like hearing about it, just read another thread...there's plenty to choose from in here. No need to blast a man for talking about his car.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Almost a Member!

There's nothing I haven't looked into on the evo....I decided to not go with injection kits because the safety precautions don't cater to my likings....besides I don't seem to mind 425whp on california **** gas and run 560-570whp on vp110....car's plenty fast enough with AWD. Aquamist is really the way to go to incorporate with AEM EMS when it comes to controlling injection....the SMC kits are cheap but can fail over time and last thing you want to do is having a clogged jet while pushin 30psi on a large turbo.

This is my car:

http://www.orlandorojas.com/forsale/perfectevo/

Your absolutely right the Smc kit does not have a fail safe so if the injector fails, pump fails or line bursts your up a creek! But the Snow kit I have stg 3 has a failsafe controller which defaults to my external wastegate psi. On top of that my tuning program will reign in timing and boost if there is a failure. Our tuner did a ***** out run with the injection kit then turned it off to see what our program would do "he already knew" it pulled boost so fast and shut down nothing was damaged. So all in all it's a good safe setup, not like I will be running 30 psi but methanol really can get you there safely. Tonight I am dropping in a race manifold for one of the Evo guys after I heat treat it and thermo-tec wrap that sucker. Oh I saw the reservoir that comes with the SMC kit "lol" it's the size of a snapple bottle. i will be using my factory IC spray reservoir.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
If you guys need toys for STI's or EVO's let me know we do alot to those cars.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Banned

w210 E55
Originally Posted by slk55lvr
I am enjoying learning about his car and what he has to say about it. Just because it's not a benz does not mean it can't be fun, and he is obviously a very knowledgable fellow on these cars. If you don't like hearing about it, just read another thread...there's plenty to choose from in here. No need to blast a man for talking about his car.
This is the Kill Stories thread. Where a Benz killed an sti. End of story. Mr wantstokillav8 quotes this in response to a MERCEDES KILL STORY:

LOL wow seems the stories are coming now. An exhaust without reflash will net about 15-20 more hp. But a turbo upgrade is not something to be taken lightly. When my setup is in and dynoed I will post up a plot.
At what *******g point was that response called for? I don't give a **** who likes a sti or who drives one. At this given time, a Amg beat one. Start your own damn thread if you want to talk about your *******g ricer. And post your plot? Who asked? **** off TROLL and anyone who has a problem with it.

Hijacking a thread to talk about your own car is uncalled for. EVEN if it is a Benz. Stupid *******g retards.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by amgdriven
This is the Kill Stories thread. Where a Benz killed an sti. End of story. Mr wantstokillav8 quotes this in response to a MERCEDES KILL STORY:

At what *******g point was that response called for? I don't give a **** who likes a sti or who drives one. At this given time, a Amg beat one. Start your own damn thread if you want to talk about your *******g ricer. And post your plot? Who asked? **** off TROLL and anyone who has a problem with it.

Hijacking a thread to talk about your own car is uncalled for. EVEN if it is a Benz. Stupid *******g retards.
nice! write up bro!

good kill...

wait a minute... you are not talkin' about a C32 vs an STI.

I have a C32, therefore I know this THREAD is definately for me.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by TopGun32
nice! write up bro!

good kill...

wait a minute... you are not talkin' about a C32 vs an STI.

I have a C32, therefore I know this THREAD is definately for me.

LOL someone has had too much coffee, my statement was to give some insight on what was done and what to expect from this car with mods/outcome. I see you conviently left out my quote of another poster and why I responded with those comments. I guess everyone just likes conjecture and ignorant asumptions. Usually I am happy to see what people do to their cars and take some info from a post. I see you just want to hear the outcomes so oh well.

Last edited by v8killer2pt5; 04-14-2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Cars are good.

Fast cars are better.

Who cares about the freeging brand on the beast, I just wanna haul ****.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by v8killer2pt5
LOL someone has had too much coffee, my statement was to give some insight on what was done and what to expect from this car with mods/outcome. I see you conviently left out my quote of another poster and why I responded with those comments. I guess everyone just likes conjecture and ignorant asumptions. Usually I am happy to see what people do to their cars and take some info from a post. I see you just want to hear the outcomes so oh well.
i ran a cls500 amg in my old stg4 wrx on the freeway and kept up until 130ish. in a regular wrx with stock tranny and pump gas. i think its funny how over looked stock 2.0 wrxs are. i dont think i ever lost to an sti either.. both modded and stock. i ran a 12.7 @105.5 with a ****ty tune, boltons, 17s, full interior and pump gas.

damn i miss it

Old 04-22-2006, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
There is no CLS500 AMG. You might have ran a CLS500. A CL55 AMG would have left you popping zits in the rearview.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Vomit
There is no CLS500 AMG. You might have ran a CLS500. A CL55 AMG would have left you popping zits in the rearview.
it was the new big 4dr benz and was amg.
like i said, dont underestimate
Old 04-22-2006, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Let's try this again:

There is a (non-AMG) CLS500 (300 HP, no supercharger)

There is a CLS55 AMG (close to 500 HP, supercharged)

There is no CLS500 AMG. If the car said CLS500 and "AMG", then is was some poseur with a non-AMG CLS and a penchant for badges.

It is unclear from your post, but you seem to be saying that your WRX was stock at the time of the run with the CLS. If this was the case, then you ran the 300 HP, non-AMG, CLS. I do not underestimate the Subies. I have raced many, both modded and un. They can be brutal if modded correctly.

BTW, the WRX in your post is one of the nicer looking ones that I have seen.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jdmfiend
i ran a cls500 amg in my old stg4 wrx on the freeway and kept up until 130ish. in a regular wrx with stock tranny and pump gas. i think its funny how over looked stock 2.0 wrxs are. i dont think i ever lost to an sti either.. both modded and stock. i ran a 12.7 @105.5 with a ****ty tune, boltons, 17s, full interior and pump gas.

damn i miss it

you ran a CLS500 with an AMG badge

many owners do that... cuz they think it adds more horsepower

in either case you trap speed is really low... your ETA is really good due to your AWD.

I would say that most C32's STOCK trap around 105,106 and maybe 107 (ETA: 13.6 to 13.2)

with pulley and chip they will trap 108,109, and 110. (ETA: 13.1 to about 12.7)

CLS55 AMG (the real deal) trap 114, 115, 116... (ETA 12.3 to 12.5)
there is not way you ran one on the freeway. That is where they really shine.

now CLS500 trap low 100's, therefore you probably are right on the money with your Modded 2.0T.

One more question... since we are talking about WRX. The new revised WRX has the same engine blocks as the STI. Are the internals the same? Can it take more or less boost than the STI engine?
Old 04-22-2006, 01:33 PM

03 RRE Evo, 06 E55
The only real safe way to squeeze good power out of stis and imprezas = sleeving the block and doing o-rings. How do I know this? I had a friend working out of AEBS in San Diego and he does about 6 blown bottom ends a week from subies but once the bottom end is setup right, the 2.5 liter is really somethin to be reckoned with when it's modded and tuned correcly. That's why it's the common trend among evo owners now to build 2.4 4g64 motors and stroked 2.3 motors. I went with the build 2.0 liter for top end power and I like the feeling of having power all the way to 9200 rpms daily without issues. Bottom line is I admit most owners having subies and mitsus are nothing but ricers and little kids but there are a couple of us out there that are serious about performance and the final product is something a mercedes cannot deal with, from a dig (AWD totally has the advantage there) or on the highway (more whp and less weight....the math is obvious). Lesson is, be courteous to each other and respect all fellow car enthusiasts, don't automatically assume the typical euro vs japanese rivalry because bottom line is, we all are passionate about what we drive.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:33 PM

02 C32R
and the final product is something a mercedes cannot deal with, from a dig (AWD totally has the advantage there) or on the highway (more whp and less weight....the math is obvious)
not the one I raced
Old 04-23-2006, 04:41 AM

A Beater
Realistically the stock C32 and the stock STi has almost identical performance number across the board with the STi quicker off of the start thanks to the AWD. I really think you probably raced a FAUX STi that is really a souped up WRX or even a 2.5RS. In fact it is confirmed that many dilarious Mercedes owner who claims to beat a STi in fact raced FAUX STis. There is no way a stock C32 can take on a STi with light mod such as the intake, staight pipe turbo back, and exhaust.

Let alone if you raced my Subby with all the mods mentioned above plus Garret GT Turbo upgrade, XS engineering FMIC, perrin fuel pump, short block port n polish, and etc. I'd would beat a C32 on stage 2 Ren. with my eyes closed. Except, I'd have a major whip lash after the race. I am an active member on the NASIOC and majority of the STi owners has discredit all the FAUX STi members who feeds in the typical CLK320 - CLK500 owner's kill story.

Over all I still prefer my C55 and my ML500 for comfort and the STi stays on the tracks.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:43 AM

02 C32R
Originally Posted by XPRO.US
Realistically the stock C32 and the stock STi has almost identical performance number across the board with the STi quicker off of the start thanks to the AWD. I really think you probably raced a FAUX STi that is really a souped up WRX or even a 2.5RS. In fact it is confirmed that many dilarious Mercedes owner who claims to beat a STi in fact raced FAUX STis. There is no way a stock C32 can take on a STi with light mod such as the intake, staight pipe turbo back, and exhaust.

Let alone if you raced my Subby with all the mods mentioned above plus Garret GT Turbo upgrade, XS engineering FMIC, perrin fuel pump, short block port n polish, and etc. I'd would beat a C32 on stage 2 Ren. with my eyes closed. Except, I'd have a major whip lash after the race. I am an active member on the NASIOC and majority of the STi owners has discredit all the FAUX STi members who feeds in the typical CLK320 - CLK500 owner's kill story.

Over all I still prefer my C55 and my ML500 for comfort and the STi stays on the tracks.

Just my 2 cents.

OH my, I REALLY hope you are kidding!! For one it wasnt a FAUX STI, again I owned an 02 WRX, so I have always followed them I and I KNOW it was the real deal, lets see: sti wing, sti brembo brakes, sti wheels, sti front clip, sti seats, sti etc etc etc..... how much hp do those "light mods" bring it to? I have no doubt that he "might" take me from a stand still, but as the speeds increase I will pass him up, AND remember these races were on the freeway all starting at around 70mph!! When I have more rwhp than they come with stock to the flywheel, they had better be packin some more mods to keep up with me!! otherise I will lay the smack-down on them !!
Old 04-23-2006, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just my 2 cents.

welcome aboard..

if you search my threads... i beat a stock STI with my Stock C32. Definately was not a 'poser'. Not only once, but 3 straightimes from a roll.

To say that many WRX owners driving around town with the STI badge, Wing, STI,Wheels, STI muffler thinking they are the real deal, is far fetched. Your argument is really weak.

The actual percentage of those WRX STI posers is very very low. The probability of running to a real STI vs a "poser" is much, much greater.

However, as noted before. STI's don't trap very high but ETA's are very good.

The C32 is probably the opposite. They have terrible ETA's and trap very good.

Now, if we are speaking of modding. The STI has far more potential and far more capabilities than any MB. But if I was to start a project car, the EVO would be my choice. Better handling and stronger engine out of the box.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:02 PM

02 C32R
Now, if we are speaking of modding. The STI has far more potential and far more capabilities than any MB. But if I was to start a project car, the EVO would be my choice. Better handling and stronger engine out of the box.
agreed, but as most everyone would agree, I would rather be going home (or going out) everyday in a MB than a subaru....
Old 04-23-2006, 05:37 PM

A Beater
Hi, I am not trying to offend the AMG owners on this thread. I personally prefer my C55 over my Subaru STi any day. I think my neck problem is a direct result from driving the STi as a daily commuter. There is no doubt that a C32 is screaming fast, but I've seen Faux STi's with upgraded Brembo brakes, wings, and body kit trying to race me in my C55. AS for the non AMG (C,E,ML) class owners who claims to whoop a car that has more HP on a straight way, I call it B.S because my ML500 is slow as a snail.

Thanks for your warm welcome.

Last edited by XPRO.US; 04-23-2006 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:39 AM

you ran a CLS500 with an AMG badge

many owners do that... cuz they think it adds more horsepower

in either case you trap speed is really low... your ETA is really good due to your AWD.

I would say that most C32's STOCK trap around 105,106 and maybe 107 (ETA: 13.6 to 13.2)

with pulley and chip they will trap 108,109, and 110. (ETA: 13.1 to about 12.7)

CLS55 AMG (the real deal) trap 114, 115, 116... (ETA 12.3 to 12.5)
there is not way you ran one on the freeway. That is where they really shine.

now CLS500 trap low 100's, therefore you probably are right on the money with your Modded 2.0T.

One more question... since we are talking about WRX. The new revised WRX has the same engine blocks as the STI. Are the internals the same? Can it take more or less boost than the STI engine?
o rly?

http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...d.php?t=201598
Old 04-24-2006, 03:23 PM

A Beater
Actually the CLS500 Hauls once they start rolling.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hi, I am not trying to offend the AMG owners on this thread. I personally prefer my C55 over my Subaru STi any day. I think my neck problem is a direct result from driving the STi as a daily commuter. There is no doubt that a C32 is screaming fast, but I've seen Faux STi's with upgraded Brembo brakes, wings, and body kit trying to race me in my C55. AS for the non AMG (C,E,ML) class owners who claims to whoop a car that has more HP on a straight way, I call it B.S because my ML500 is slow as a snail.

Thanks for your warm welcome.

no offense taken... by far

this is a good discussion and we are in the perfect setting to do so.

congrats on C55... having an Sti and C55 is a perfect combination.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Dead Ringer
agreed, but as most everyone would agree, I would rather be going home (or going out) everyday in a MB than a subaru....

if its raining... I would take the Subi

my car in the rain and (bald tires) can be considered dangerous.

I just finally picked up some Mich's Pilots (not PS2 ;( ) but they were only $650 for 4 brand new. 224/40 255/35 -18

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: raced a modded WRX STI