Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

S500 Spanks VW Jetta GLI 1.8T

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 12:43 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
S500 Spanks VW Jetta GLI 1.8T

My wife and I were leaving a local mall about to get on I-95...in a hurry to get to a movie. I'm in the far left lane in the pole position next to this VW car. I had to make a fast break to the far right in about a 1/4 mile to get on the entrance ramp. When the light turned, I moved out aggressively but not quick enough to snap my wife's head back. To my right I notice that the VW car is hanging so I gave it a little more throttle...all of a sudden I realize that this guy is going to cut me off so...hammer down, shift down to 1st..jump this clown five lengths and pull over to the right lane and hit the entrance ramp. I looked in my mirror and this guy is so close he's checking what I had for lunch!! I got a clear shot and nailed it and let the S500 gobble road up to about 120 and he's a memory. About that time my woman God looks up from her Bloomingdale's bag and starts yelling at me to slow down...which I did. This guy came flying by to my left and I saw the badge on the rear "Jetta GLI 1.8T". I can't believe this guy even took me on...are those cars supposed to be quick or what?
Old 04-23-2006, 02:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a toy
Stock..no. They're not that fast. High 14's/low 15's...

But that's a VERY easy engine to mod. With just an intake and chip, they turn low 14's. Just to give you an idea how far that can go, with an APR Stage III chip, intake, exhaust and grabby clutch, they run a traction limited 12.6 on street tires. That's with a bone stock engine (the internals).

It's hard to judge them on the street before a run. Some drivers even peel off the 1.8T badge to make the car look like a N/A 115 horse brick.