Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

MX-5 vs. C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BMW and Mercedes
MX-5 vs. C43

I know its not the most impressive kill but it was fun....

was cruising down a 2 lane offramp fairly quickly....I pass by a new red MX-5 and then the light turns red in front of us. (both lanes are forced to turn left at the light) Its an older guy and his wife, with the top down. I can kind of seeing them eyeing me, and the guy was kind of cracking some sort of a joke to his wife. Didn't really want to egg them on (as I was just trying to get home), but I could tell that it was going to be on.

Light turns green, I kind of take off half-heartedly to see where he is at.....as soon as I hear him jump on the loud pedal, I follow suit. Its kind of a wide corner, but still sharp enough that you can't really get too agressive with things.....so I hold out to about 7/10'ths and slowly pull on him around the corner (w/ a little drift as I come around)....then I nail it full throttle....and BAM.....slight wheelspin and I put like 1 immediate bus length on him followed by several more once I see him laughing in my rearview mirror (I think he gave up after the first ridiculously quick pull). We went under an underpass as we went around the corner, and it kind of creates a corridor effect. I must say that his engine sounded pretty good (as did mine )

I don't think he was expecting it, but he seemed to be a good sport.....so all in good fun. He pulled off fairly quickly afterwards, so I didn't get to chat, but I gave him the wave as I crossed off into the sunset. The new Miatas are a definite improvement over the previous generations.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 Audi urS6 Quattro
I raced my friend who has an 06 Mx-5, Great car, I kill it as well, sticks with me till about 55 then its bus lengths haha, its the torque that kills that and being a 8 banger.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Beater
Funny I had the same run ins this whole week. First run in I was in a Loaner 2006 C280 and I destroyed a new miata. Second run in was after I picked up the C55 and destroyed a Mazda Speed Miata.