Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

SL600 vs. Porsche!!??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It Varies
SL600 vs. Porsche!!??

Ok......

Yesterday I was in the UC Irvine Library for a good ....ohh, i dunno, 9 FREAKIN hours, studying for a clinical exam I have coming up. (uci pre-med student). Anyways........I had just gotten out of the library and was still recovering from my nauseating experience so I decided to lower the convertible top on my cruise home to get a little Oxygen in the system. I had our 99 600SL which I normally dont drive, because my dad mostly uses it. Well, I hop on the 405 Freeway goin home.....minding my own business....listening to some soft music, when a black 996 comes out of nowhere and is tailgating the hell out of me. He gets next to me....and smiles....so I smile back thinking Ok your a retard, leave me alone, I just want to go home. He downshifts and his car jolts forward, then slows down, and smiles again. Hmmm.....im not a rocket scientist, but I THINK this guy wants to race and smoke my car and add it to his list of unfortunate losers. Well, I really could care less, and I had a rough day...so.....I said **** it, smiled back, and put my foot through the engine. I took off on him...and he quickly got a half car length ahead of me. But wow, I was accelerating FAST and I was slowly inching on him. His car sounded like it was giving birth as mine was purring calmly while efficiently giving me 2 mpg. We were at 110mph, when I was about a nose infront of him. At about 125, I had maintained it and just stayed there as I raised my hand , waved to him and smiled. He was a cool guy because he smiled back and wasn't bitter that I had actually hung with him on the freeway. Now, I thought id get smoked because ive raced alot of people on the streets and the off-the-line acceleration on this car is good but not that impressive. Well on the freeway, things change, this thing is a BEAST and from 55mph to 125mph, you will give a porsche a run for his money. Moral of the story is.......12 is better than 6.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volvo V90 CC
Re: SL600 vs. Porsche!!??

Originally posted by AndrewEclipse
..... Moral of the story is.......12 is better than 6.
Hell yes! Congratulations, good job!