Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

c230k vs prelude type sh

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW FTW
Originally Posted by YABADI
Weird, I had a hard time to catch up w/ the mini van in my ML, by 100 I was 1/2 car length behind him. Oh well....

sucks for you.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by hochi
LOL you need to stop racing your ML!
Sorry to break it to you but your ML is no performance car. Maybe a good grocery getter but thats about it.

Yea I know its not a performance car. I am not saying it is but most cars on the road are not performance cars. I am saying the ML isnt that slow of a car its as fast as a BMW 325CI convertible and can beat just about any honda except for a V6 engine in a honda. I also like to race mustangs (not the new ones but the older v6 ones) and mustangs are a great race. When I first raced my friends mustang he would beat me to 80 mph by a car length and then I would start to pull him in, a few months later he called me up asking to do it again we went way out in the desert and did it again but this time the cheater beat me and stayed ahead since he added a few mods to his car. But I was surprised that after 60 mph he didnt really pull at all. (his mustang is a v6 auto and from riding in it the gearing is crappy) So for the fun of it I did a 25mph roll and he only pulled a car on my up till 80 form a dig he would put 2 1/2 -3.

Cars I have encountered in the ML

Civic with cold air intake/chip/exhaust. pwnd
Honda accord I4- pwnd
Mustang V6 stock lead till 80 then I started to pull him in but he shut down when I got to his back bumper
Older acura integra kid had his car all riced out and his hood was shaking when he rev and was lol at me when my friend said lets go, beat him good he did the ricer fly by with middle finger.
BMW 325CI convertible- dead even
CLK430 0-10 mph even then he beat my butt.. But I still won since he got pulled over for speeding down the road.
Ran into another 2000 ML320 on the street with a young driver beat them also.
My friend ML320 (2002) raced and beat that also, but he has a lot of weight added on with brush bars/sidebars/skidplate ext his car sits about an inch lower than mine.
Chevy colorado pickup--- pwnd
New VW beetle---pwnd
Scion coupe- Gave up after he shifted into 2nd gear since neither of us where pulling on each other.

^^^ most races I have done are with friends we go way out in the desert^^ I used to have a video of some of the races but they where on my friends computer and it crashed.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by hochi
LOL you need to stop racing your ML!
Sorry to break it to you but your ML is no performance car. Maybe a good grocery getter but thats about it.
I ran a G35 to 130, and won by 2 lengths, you sure =P
Old 07-01-2006, 05:49 PM

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts
S63 COUPE M157
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
When I first raced my friends mustang he would beat me to 80 mph by a car length and then I would start to pull him in.
Hi, whats the top speed of your ML320? I believe one member said, that he maxed out something around 100-105MPH?
Old 07-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by STi_JL
it was a race for sure .. i beat him both times.
the first one i beat by alot . cause he said he misshift.
but . its all about the driver not the car. he mishift, his fault he lost
then the next light came . he told me what happen so we when again .
prelude are fast . but no torque.
i have 200 and more torque and about 200 hp . from the aftermarket parts .
the 2nd race we went, he was close . side by side, till he shifts and my supercharger kicks in . it beat him by one car length .

u cant say the driver sucks or watever , but its al about if u win or not,
excuses from dont mean **** . cause he challenged me .

You are so full of it. 5 car lengths and 1 car length. You have a 230, nothing even happens when the kompressor kicks in. He acts like the Prelude had him until he hit the majic button. How long a race was this? Let me help you out. Don't you dare say one light. Do you even realize how big of a gap a car length is in that time?
Old 07-01-2006, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by GMBALL
Hi, whats the top speed of your ML320? I believe one member said, that he maxed out something around 100-105MPH?
Ha funny. Top speed is 125 mph with plenty of RPM's to go. I think the US MLs have a limiter on them because of the tires they ship with are not rated for the cars weight, I think the max speed rating on the tires is 135 mph.

I usually hit 100 mph in my ML every week and if someone is having trouble getting past 100 in their ML they need an engine check up and fast. Redline in 3rd gear is about 90mph.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I think he was just making fun of you. After all, you aren't even in a unibody ML OR a V8.

By the way, yes the Jeep will walk the dog on these cars. In fact they made sure it would and have made claims so that they could advertise them. Haha!!
Old 07-01-2006, 07:35 PM

02 W163
Originally Posted by jangy

You are so full of it. 5 car lengths and 1 car length. You have a 230, nothing even happens when the kompressor kicks in. He acts like the Prelude had him until he hit the majic button. How long a race was this? Let me help you out. Don't you dare say one light. Do you even realize how big of a gap a car length is in that time?
oh im sorry .. did i hurt u feelings or somthing man ..
like i said. DRIVER MISHIFT .. read properly
and im in the streets of vanoucover . called . lougheed high WAY . its about a quarter mile per light. so if u dont know the situation and try judging me how i killed a fking honda, then go get a prelude buddy. and i said about 5 car length . thats how much it was . to be exact . ill ask u to measure it in cm ok . ? ur full of it buddy. new c230v6 ss are slow. i can race it agaain and ill garenteed i can beat it . if it was stock . plus prelude are getting old . it burns alot of oil.

trying to tell a story here, but like not like im saying i smoked a sti with c230
its a freaking prelude . i can launch farther than it . it was probably even stock . .

Last edited by STi_JL; 07-01-2006 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
I think he was just making fun of you. After all, you aren't even in a unibody ML OR a V8.

By the way, yes the Jeep will walk the dog on these cars. In fact they made sure it would and have made claims so that they could advertise them. Haha!!

What does that matter if I have a unibody or not? It makes no difference in a drag race we both weigh about the same, but hey unibody SUV dont go off road you dont want to bend anything. And congratulations that a V8 ML in the W163 is only 1 second faster to 60 than a V6.

If you are talking about the jeep SRT-8 that makes thing is crazy fast. Makes M3 and C55 owners worry lol. 0-60 in under 5 wet or dry eeek.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
and im in the streets of vanoucover . called . lougheed high WAY . its about a quarter mile per light. so if u dont know the situation and try judging me how i killed a fking honda, then go get a prelude buddy. and i said about 5 car length . thats how much it was . to be exact . ill ask u to measure it in cm ok . ? ur full of it buddy. new c230v6 ss are slow. i can race it agaain and ill garenteed i can beat it . if it was stock . plus prelude are getting old . it burns alot of oil.

trying to tell a story here, but like not like im saying i smoked a sti with c230
its a freaking prelude . i can launch farther than it . it was probably even stock . .
Nah, didn't hurt my feelings at all. LOL!! I know it is a POS Honda. And I know how slow it is. Funny thing is YOU don't know much about your own car!! A C230 V6 and yours are almost identical in power to weight. Yours is just better balanced and may handle better (which does not come into play here).

p.s. I see that you are trying to tell a story here. LOL, that is where the BS flag came in.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
What does that matter if I have a unibody or not? It makes no difference in a drag race we both weigh about the same, but hey unibody SUV dont go off road you dont want to bend anything. And congratulations that a V8 ML in the W163 is only 1 second faster to 60 than a V6.

If you are talking about the jeep SRT-8 that makes thing is crazy fast. Makes M3 and C55 owners worry lol. 0-60 in under 5 wet or dry eeek.
Unibody matters a great deal in transfer of power from engine to chassis. That is 80% of why the '06 and newer MLs are so much better AND faster than yours.

Unibody SUVs do just fine offroad. I'll go use you anyday.

A V8 ML may be 1 second faster as per MBUSA to 60mph, but what does that have to do with time to distance. I know you aren't foolish enough to think that your jelopy 320 would even hang with a 500? Look up the numbers, and you will see. The 320 dies off WAY faster. From 80-120 is about 3 days. HAHAHA!!

So many lessons, so little time.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Unibody matters a great deal in transfer of power from engine to chassis. That is 80% of why the '06 and newer MLs are so much better AND faster than yours.

Unibody SUVs do just fine offroad. I'll go use you anyday.

A V8 ML may be 1 second faster as per MBUSA to 60mph, but what does that have to do with time to distance. I know you aren't foolish enough to think that your jelopy 320 would even hang with a 500? Look up the numbers, and you will see. The 320 dies off WAY faster. From 80-120 is about 3 days. HAHAHA!!

So many lessons, so little time.

You sure the reason why the new ML350 is 1 second faster than the older W163 ML 320 is because of frame construction? Now I have heard it all. You dont think it could possible be the new 3.5 liter v6 that makes 268 hp vs an older 320 which makes 215hp or the possibility of a 7 speed transmission vs a 5 speed transmission. Well the combination of the both of the engine and transmission is what makes the car faster not the body construction.

HAHA your so funny I never said a ML320 would hang with a ML500 I just said it was 1 second faster to 60 mph, which is a lot when you think about it. I have never heard someone so retarded as you then trying to twist what someone says to try and make fun of them.. Second I dont even think you know what the difference between a unibody and body on frame is. It has nothing to do with how the engine power gets to the ground it has to do with structural support of the vehicle. with a unibody the external skin of the car supports the structure vs a body on frame which has a ridged frame which the body is place on. Both have strengths and weaknesses, unibody is best for cars and on road SUVs, body on frame is best for off road.

I also like how you say " that is 80% why they are much faster and better" that statement alone shows how big of a retard you are and how little you know about cars.

Now before the people who really know about cars chime in on this. Given 2 cars weigh the same and have the same HP the frame type doesn't matter. Yes unibody is normally lighter but in the W163 vs W164 the W164 is only 100 lbs lighter than the W163.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:38 AM

C32
Talking

this is beginning to sound like myspace
Old 07-02-2006, 02:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
HAHA!! Get a life with your little Car and Driver spurts. The old body ML is a POS that nearly sank MB. Plain and simple. Now, lets retrace your crap leak for a sec. So, you acknowledge that a unibody is better for "cars on road SUV". Why? Give the insight yoiu wish I did not have. Give it. Don't forget your crappy Ml also came with a 350 and it didn't do crap either. The '06 and up ML is just at the cusp of being any type of fun under acceleration and you are hung up on 0-60. LOL, what does that tell you? How quickly a car can spin its tires? Pick a Benz. ANY Benz. We will set up a race. If you win, then OK the frame ML is great, even though MB chose to build it on a Darango frame to save costs.

Also, if frames are for offroad, why is the Jeep Grand Cherokee a unibody? Any ideas? no, that is because as usual you jumped the gun and wished your oponent was as ignorant as you. Bring it and all your little car knowing buds. Facts won't change. You are driving one of only 2 models that MB EVER produced that significantly affected their reputation in a bad way.

Since we are on the subject and you are such a high horser. The old ML SUCKS at safety!! Look up the start ratings. A unibody is designed with crumple zones, which your frame does not have. Yeas you have a few but they are not anywhere near the safe integrity of ANY unibody. Next ANY sedan would be safer than your roll over prone ML. As the GREAT BMW says it is better (and safer) to avoid an accident than to sit in an ML through it.

TROLL TROLL TROLL!! Wanna race your ML? You sure mom will let you?
Old 07-02-2006, 02:29 AM

is that ml320 racer is on crack or somthing. my family has a ml 320 and i drive that crap all the time before i got my m3. ml320 is like the biggest crap i ever driven. its slow as hell. the car sounds like ****, goes like ****, smells like ****, looks like ****, everything about it is ****.
a beatup old corolla feels faster than that pos.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
HAHA!! Get a life with your little Car and Driver spurts. The old body ML is a POS that nearly sank MB. Plain and simple. Now, lets retrace your crap leak for a sec. So, you acknowledge that a unibody is better for "cars on road SUV". Why? Give the insight yoiu wish I did not have. Give it. Don't forget your crappy Ml also came with a 350 and it didn't do crap either. The '06 and up ML is just at the cusp of being any type of fun under acceleration and you are hung up on 0-60. LOL, what does that tell you? How quickly a car can spin its tires? Pick a Benz. ANY Benz. We will set up a race. If you win, then OK the frame ML is great, even though MB chose to build it on a Darango frame to save costs.

Also, if frames are for offroad, why is the Jeep Grand Cherokee a unibody? Any ideas? no, that is because as usual you jumped the gun and wished your oponent was as ignorant as you. Bring it and all your little car knowing buds. Facts won't change. You are driving one of only 2 models that MB EVER produced that significantly affected their reputation in a bad way.

Since we are on the subject and you are such a high horser. The old ML SUCKS at safety!! Look up the start ratings. A unibody is designed with crumple zones, which your frame does not have. Yeas you have a few but they are not anywhere near the safe integrity of ANY unibody. Next ANY sedan would be safer than your roll over prone ML. As the GREAT BMW says it is better (and safer) to avoid an accident than to sit in an ML through it.

TROLL TROLL TROLL!! Wanna race your ML? You sure mom will let you?
Again get your facts strait. The W163 never had the same "350" engine that the W164 has. The ML350 W163 had a older 3.7 liter V6 that didnt produce the 268 hp that the new 3.5 liter V6 does.

First off unibody is a cheaper construction method and its better since the car is less ridged and can absorb some road energy vs having a bone chattering ride that a body on frame construction does. But the down side to the unibody is it will twist vs a body on frame that wont. The ML and various other Mercedes contributed to the down side of mercedes name from 98 to present because they cut built quality on interior and electronic parts.

The older jeeps where not unibody and are great offroad vehicles, they probably switched since most people dont go off the pavement and it saves them money.

Last of all I only have the cars that are mine that I drive all the time listed. I dont even talk about my parents cars. My parents have owned over 12 mercedes ranging from 3 ML's to S classes.

Last of all why are you starting to attack? Most people only attack when they are wrong and have no facts to back them up.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by AMG4life
is that ml320 racer is on crack or somthing. my family has a ml 320 and i drive that crap all the time before i got my m3. ml320 is like the biggest crap i ever driven. its slow as hell. the car sounds like ****, goes like ****, smells like ****, looks like ****, everything about it is ****.
a beatup old corolla feels faster than that pos.

Your a retard... And btw a 330I with M3 badges isnt a M3, I hate posers like you especially when I run into them on the street with the M3 rims trying to race me. Compared to my M your 330I is slow as **** and has crappy leather.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
I just happened to notice that your new W164 ML500 you bought for your wife crapped out on you? I though the W164 was soooo much better than a pice of **** W163. Looks like you didnt make it past 500 miles....
Old 07-02-2006, 09:08 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I just happened to notice that your new W164 ML500 you bought for your wife crapped out on you? I though the W164 was soooo much better than a pice of **** W163. Looks like you didnt make it past 500 miles....
Sad thing is that the W164 is a world apart from the old one. The fact that I see the W164 as a POS should let you know what people think of your ride.

Unibodies do not cost less, they cost more. Each unibody is a specific design.

Frames are just ladders. Not rigid as you think, but like a bow, since they are structurally flat.

Unibodies are actually MUCH stiffer. Consider an egg shell. Same concept. VERY light. Thin walls, Extremely strong and rigid in specific ways. Crash one and it is a bear to fix.

I am "attacking you" not because i have no ground to stand on, but because you are so very very off. We go back and forth and you simply open your trap. That lets everyone see who you are. That's it. Quit the BS and you'll see me fade away.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:16 AM

Hate to break it to you, but he seems to be driving an e55, and I am sure he experienced fast more than you have.

Second:

Objects in the mirror are closer than they are.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:40 PM

Your a retard... And btw a 330I with M3 badges isnt a M3, I hate posers like you especially when I run into them on the street with the M3 rims trying to race me. Compared to my M your 330I is slow as **** and has crappy leather.
haha i had a 330ci but that was like 4 years ago. ive upgraded to an m3 already . i dont frquent this site. i dont bother to change my profile and ****. but your ml320 talk is still a joke. its a winter beater not a race car.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Civic with cold air intake/chip/exhaust. pwnd
Honda accord I4- pwnd
Mustang V6 stock lead till 80 then I started to pull him in but he shut down when I got to his back bumper
Older acura integra kid had his car all riced out and his hood was shaking when he rev and was lol at me when my friend said lets go, beat him good he did the ricer fly by with middle finger.
BMW 325CI convertible- dead even
CLK430 0-10 mph even then he beat my butt.. But I still won since he got pulled over for speeding down the road.
Ran into another 2000 ML320 on the street with a young driver beat them also.
My friend ML320 (2002) raced and beat that also, but he has a lot of weight added on with brush bars/sidebars/skidplate ext his car sits about an inch lower than mine.
Chevy colorado pickup--- pwnd
New VW beetle---pwnd
Scion coupe- Gave up after he shifted into 2nd gear since neither of us where pulling on each other.

^^^ most races I have done are with friends we go way out in the desert^^ I used to have a video of some of the races but they where on my friends computer and it crashed.
all these cars are.... SLOW, except the CLK430, but it sounds like he didn't even know you were racing until 10mph at which point he dropped the hammer and took off.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by zumbalak
Hate to break it to you, but he seems to be driving an e55, and I am sure he experienced fast more than you have.

Second:

Objects in the mirror are closer than they are.

MM I know what fast is my dad used to have a viper, had chip/intake/ and almost strait pipes. We went to a viper meet and I got to ride along in a 650R, which is a crap load faster than any stock E55. And just because you drive a fast car doesnt mean you know a lot about cars. I know plenty of people who buy cars because of the name and company and know nothing about cars. I guess the fastest car I have driven was my dads old z06 followed by his porsche C4s.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by e1000
all these cars are.... SLOW, except the CLK430, but it sounds like he didn't even know you were racing until 10mph at which point he dropped the hammer and took off.
I said I tried from 0-10 and he still beat my butt and I gave up. I knew I wouldnt win.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
[QUOTE=jangy]Sad thing is that the W164 is a world apart from the old one. The fact that I see the W164 as a POS should let you know what people think of your ride.

What kind of a statement is that? Another personal attack on all W163 owners? I along with all the W163 think it is a fine car and doest have any stupid problems like the E class does with SBS... Yea thats right have fun going 80 mph down the road and then bam no more brakes. Last thing I have to say the reason why the W164 was built using a unibody which was debated in the design period is because they found most people dont use the SUV off road. I will agree the unibody is best for on road but once you go off body on frame is the way to go. Just another fun fact about the W164 it doesnt come with an off road transfer case like the W163 hence mercedes knows most W164 owners dont go off road.

My point is you know hardly anything about the ML and you try and criticize the car. First you pull BS about how a frame makes a difference in acceleration then you know nothing about the motors in the car. And then go on to ***** about safety. Well back when the W163 ML came out it received the same award as the W164. And I hope the newer cars are safer than the older ones.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: c230k vs prelude type sh