Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

90-02 SL 500 vs prowler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Originally Posted by Xpeed
The crossfire has a 320 mb engine and the interior of the car has many parts from an mb.
Good to know, but what does that mean in relation to my observations?
Old 07-18-2006, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK55 AMG, 2005 C240 4maitc
Do you know what a joke is?

When did I compare a prowler to a Mercedes? Pleas show me where? Its funny all the noobs are trying to make sure that everyone knows that they are a hardcore MB lover. Just out of curiosity what modifications have you done to your car.

LOL engineering experience and design standards LOL go to the c class forum and read about the problems they have with the car. Chrysler has ****ty quality but Mercedes is not far behind it.

Your entire post was compareing them. Anyone who can read english can see that. Just because im new to the forum in no way suggests that i'm new to mercedes. My whole family drove mercedes all my life, and still do. Hell, my father bought a mercedes when i was born just to buy one for the occation. In a word, I am no noob... As far as modifications....

Loriner 19' color matched LM5 rims wrapped in Pirelli P-Zero Rosso Assimetrico's * Lorinser Fenders * Lorinser Roof Spoiler * Custom Trunk Spoiiler * CLDesigns CL Style Custom Front Bumper (not supposed to egsist) * Brabus Quad Fog Lights * Custom SL Style Front grill * Custom Chrome Int. Accents (gauge rings, gear box frame, door pins) * Mercedes-Benz Executive Wood/Leather/Chrome Shift knob * AMG Alfalterbach hood badge * AMG Pedals * Clear Bumper Lights * Brabus B55 Engine upgrade --- waiting for custom 15 piece bird's eye maple wood extention kit to arrive in the mail, also currently in the process of retro fitting projector headlights with black housings (also not supposed to egsist) and purchasing/installing an H&R Cup Kit and 19' iForged Areo 3-piece rims (w/ custom stagger).

...and don't think i'm stopping there. Theres plenty more planned.

Any Mercedes is better than any plymoth hands down. Period. End of discussion.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 231 Likes on 180 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by RBrenton88
I was driving behind a Crossfire today. I like the look of this car, but it had one of those Porsche-like spoilers that automatically raises or lowers depending on the speed. Trouble is, this thing is tiny and doesn't seem like it would ever affect the handling of the car, plus it was going up and down at seemingly random speeds - anywhere from 30 to 70mph. As if it was confused.
Interesting coincidence, I saw silver coupe on my way to the gym today. The Crossfire SRT-6's look real nice with the more aggresive bodywork and multispoke wheels.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Originally Posted by rubberninja

Uh, my MIL has an early 80's 300 Diesel and my neighbor has a cherry 1970 (plus or minus a year or two) Barracuda. Say what?
Old 07-18-2006, 11:54 PM

Your entire post was compareing them. Anyone who can read english can see that. Just because im new to the forum in no way suggests that i'm new to mercedes. My whole family drove mercedes all my life, and still do. Hell, my father bought a mercedes when i was born just to buy one for the occation. In a word, I am no noob... As far as modifications....

Loriner 19' color matched LM5 rims wrapped in Pirelli P-Zero Rosso Assimetrico's * Lorinser Fenders * Lorinser Roof Spoiler * Custom Trunk Spoiiler * CLDesigns CL Style Custom Front Bumper (not supposed to egsist) * Brabus Quad Fog Lights * Custom SL Style Front grill * Custom Chrome Int. Accents (gauge rings, gear box frame, door pins) * Mercedes-Benz Executive Wood/Leather/Chrome Shift knob * AMG Alfalterbach hood badge * AMG Pedals * Clear Bumper Lights * Brabus B55 Engine upgrade --- waiting for custom 15 piece bird's eye maple wood extention kit to arrive in the mail, also currently in the process of retro fitting projector headlights with black housings (also not supposed to egsist) and purchasing/installing an H&R Cup Kit and 19' iForged Areo 3-piece rims (w/ custom stagger).

...and don't think i'm stopping there. Theres plenty more planned.

I think you’re the only one that thinks I was comparing a prowler to a Mercedes. I have had enough of you, after reading your posts I am assuming that you are just some zit faced young punk with noting better to do but to start ridicules arguments on the internet. Kid even if your great grandfather had owned a Mercedes that doesn’t make you any smarter, get over yourself.

Any Mercedes is better than a Plymouth? LOL have you checked the priced of classic Plymouth muscle cars? After you do so then go check out the prices of classic Mercedes cars.

For your information I think that Mercedes has very fine automobile and I do applaud them for taking big risks with new technology.

To finish this off with a BANG, my car company owns your car company.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:40 AM

I think you’re the only one that thinks I was comparing a prowler to a Mercedes. I have had enough of you, after reading your posts I am assuming that you are just some zit faced young punk with noting better to do but to start ridicules arguments on the internet. Kid even if your great grandfather had owned a Mercedes that doesn’t make you any smarter, get over yourself.

Any Mercedes is better than a Plymouth? LOL have you checked the priced of classic Plymouth muscle cars? After you do so then go check out the prices of classic Mercedes cars.

For your information I think that Mercedes has very fine automobile and I do applaud them for taking big risks with new technology.

To finish this off with a BANG, my car company owns your car company.

I fell no need to illistrate how you continue to compare plymoth to mercedes with the idea that plymoth is somehow better because you contine to constantly do it with every post your write; Trying to dig into me like i give a sh*t about what you think about me, someone ive never met in my life. So if we go with the assuming steriotypes, your a dude that drives a prowler in southern california, or something, so then you must be a euro trash f*g right? I was raised around mercedes. I live, eat, breathe, and sh*t a three pointed star. I know alot more about mercedes than most and obvously more than you from the the looks of things. Oh and by the way, the price of a car has nothing to do with the car itself, moron, and An old 300slr will kill an "old plymoth muscle car" any day, hands down. Just because one company decided to display its ability for power in a diffrent way at that time than another doesn't make one better than the other. A mercedes is a totally diffrent thing than a "plymoth muscle car" and a better thing at that. One more thing... the merge between Daimler-Benz and Chrysler was a partnership merger, not a buy out by one side over another. Neither owns either. Know when to quit when your ahead.

Last edited by rubberninja; 07-19-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:55 AM

2006 Aston Martin Vantage
I think it was a buyout disguised as a merger (to avoid fees?)... Where Daimler-Benz was buying the near bankrupt Chrysler. If i'm not mistaken, it was brought to light a couple years ago that it was infact a buyout.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55
Originally Posted by pcviewer
I think it was a buyout disguised as a merger (to avoid fees?)... Where Daimler-Benz was buying the near bankrupt Chrysler. If i'm not mistaken, it was brought to light a couple years ago that it was infact a buyout.
Not that it matters but the deal was structured as a merger, with DaimlerBenz shareholders getting 57% of the new co and Chrysler Corp shareholders getting 43%. Those percentages were based on the relative market values of the two companies back at that time. Chrysler Corp was on a roll back then and had profits of $1 billion, nowhere near bankruptcy.

However, in the background, the DaimlerBenz senior execs expected to dominate the combined management team. Enough information about that belief leaked into the public arena to motivate some former Chrysler Corp shareholders to file a nuisance suit against DaimlerChrysler.

That suit was settled out of court for $300 million, with DC's insurance company covering $220 million out of the $300 million leaving DC to pay $80 million. While $300 million is a lot in an absolute sense, it pales compared to the $12 billion that the shareholders were seeking. If they had a real case for $12 billion they'd have never settled for $300 million, which is just 2.5% of their supposed damages.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:32 AM

I fell no need to illistrate how you continue to compare plymoth to mercedes with the idea that plymoth is somehow better because you contine to constantly do it with every post your write; Trying to dig into me like i give a sh*t about what you think about me, someone ive never met in my life. So if we go with the assuming steriotypes, your a dude that drives a prowler in southern california, or something, so then you must be a euro trash f*g right? I was raised around mercedes. I live, eat, breathe, and sh*t a three pointed star. I know alot more about mercedes than most and obvously more than you from the the looks of things. Oh and by the way, the price of a car has nothing to do with the car itself, moron, and An old 300slr will kill an "old plymoth muscle car" any day, hands down. Just because one company decided to display its ability for power in a diffrent way at that time than another doesn't make one better than the other. A mercedes is a totally diffrent thing than a "plymoth muscle car" and a better thing at that. One more thing... the merge between Daimler-Benz and Chrysler was a partnership merger, not a buy out by one side over another. Neither owns either. Know when to quit when your ahead.

Listen kid every time I read your posts I want to smash my computer. Im tired of you and your idiotic posts. I don’t have any specific brand loyalty I only buy what I desire I don’t care if it is made by kia Mercedes Chrysler Ford BMW dodge it doesn’t matter to me. you need to take those 3 pointy stars out of your *** and start think with you head. I didn’t buy my car because it has good handling, braking or acceleration I bought it because I like the styling.

My dam original point of this Fing post was I just wanted to talk to the Fing owner of the Black SL500 so F off and stop annoying me.

And I know that it was a merger of the two companies I was joking. You people take everything to seriously.

Show me how many of those 300SLR were built and the price tag, and how many are left in the world. Second thought pleas don’t reply.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:20 AM

Listen kid every time I read your posts I want to smash my computer. Im tired of you and your idiotic posts. I don’t have any specific brand loyalty I only buy what I desire I don’t care if it is made by kia Mercedes Chrysler Ford BMW dodge it doesn’t matter to me. you need to take those 3 pointy stars out of your *** and start think with you head. I didn’t buy my car because it has good handling, braking or acceleration I bought it because I like the styling.

My dam original point of this Fing post was I just wanted to talk to the Fing owner of the Black SL500 so F off and stop annoying me.

And I know that it was a merger of the two companies I was joking. You people take everything to seriously.

Show me how many of those 300SLR were built and the price tag, and how many are left in the world. Second thought pleas don’t reply.

My "idiotic" posts have proven you incorrect and uninformed about everything youve talked about. If you don't care what car you drive or what its handling, braking, acceleration, etc, ability is then why are you on a Mercedes enthusiast forum talking about car preformance!? And i'm the one who needs to think If you dont care about anything but sporty styling on ur car go buy a Hundai Tiberon. I heard theyr'e comming out with a retractable hardtop version sometime soon, then you could be just like the Black SL500! YAAYY! Stop crying about the black sl and stop trying to redeem yourself on this thread.
And again, the number of produced and pricetag thereof is 100% irrelevent
It was all fun and games untill you decied to try to insult me, get a life.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
That's enough. Both of you please sit back and take a breather.