Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

The NSX that couldn't

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
Used E36 M3 $15,000...
Turbo kit for E36 M3 $10,000 result over 500 rwhp.
Replace suspension 2k
New Exhaust 2k
Removing the back seat and stripping the interior.. Free
Race seats 1k

Passing that over $46K modified NSX on a race track in your $30k M3 priceless.

I had looked about building a project E36 turbo like others have done and found that I could get a over 500 rwhp E36 built for around 25-30K including race seats and racing cage, suspension, wheels. But I realized whats the point of having a car like that? its way to powerful for the street and I would have no time to take it to the track.
do u know how many problems a turbo m3 has? there was a write up in european car about pablo mazlumian (ive met him and driven w/ him) was building and he kept braking parts, every month he was replacing something
Old 08-04-2006, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by rubberninja

Wait till its a year or two old to buy it. ( takes care of the rediculous retail tag significantly) (around 30K)
Buy the newer generation with the v10.
Get a 5k supercharger.
replace the suspention. (2k)
New Exhaust (1.5k)
Get some good tires. ( 1k )
Get a BBK. (6k)

..... Problem solved est. finished cost around $46,000.

1 or 2 year old nsx are still 60-75000 (some still in the 80's)
there is no newer generation w/ a v10
Old 08-04-2006, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by AMG_55
HAVE U DRIVEN 1?

then shut the **** up. numbers dont mean ****.
the veyron is the best numbers car, its still no sports car, neither is any current mb (including slr)
No I have not driven an NSX... I have driven an E36 M3 and have had M3's around me my whole life starting with the E30 to the E46. And some cars feel nice to drive doesnt mean they can handle... I like the way my ML runs over just about everything in the road and I cant feel anything but does that make it better than my M3 which you can feel every little imperfection in the road?

Again research some stuff before you talk the veyron does not have the best numbers in the handling department. Again your are missing my point. I have showed you cars that are not only FASTER in a strait line BUT!!!!! ALSO OUT HANDLE THE NSX IN BOTH THE SLALOM AND G PAD!
Old 08-04-2006, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by RBrenton
Do you have the similar picture of the gun pointed to the dog? I've been looking for that one for a while.
no i dont, sorry
Old 08-04-2006, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
do u know how many problems a turbo m3 has? there was a write up in european car about pablo mazlumian (ive met him and driven w/ him) was building and he kept braking parts, every month he was replacing something
yes that is another issue but most problems happen when running high boost and you can turn down the boost when you are driving it in everyday conditions. But dont you think the NSX will suffer the same problems with after maket equipment.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
since u know nothing (thats what it seems like)

the new v8 for the e90 m3 is based on the current 5 liter v10 from the current m3. it has 2 less cylinders and 1 liter less in capacity, they basically chopped off 2 cylinders. it has NOTHING to do w/ the e39 m5 motor
It doesnt matter where the motor comes from the fact it the car will weigh more and not have the I6 that the M3 is known for.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
No I have not driven an NSX... I have driven an E36 M3 and have had M3's around me my whole life starting with the E30 to the E46. And some cars feel nice to drive doesnt mean they can handle... I like the way my ML runs over just about everything in the road and I cant feel anything but does that make it better than my M3 which you can feel every little imperfection in the road?

Again research some stuff before you talk the veyron does not have the best numbers in the handling department. Again your are missing my point. I have showed you cars that are not only FASTER in a strait line BUT!!!!! ALSO OUT HANDLE THE NSX IN BOTH THE SLALOM AND G PAD!
you just dont seem to under\stand, the veyron was just an example.
numbers dont meant ****, how many times do u pull ove .9g or 1g in the corners?

ive owned an e36 as i mentioned earlier and my brother who lives under the same roof has an e46 m3 and they do not compare to the driving experience of an nsx. (period) i dont care if they are faster or pull better numbers, thats not what sports cars are about, track cars maybe, not sports cars. i never argued that an nsx is the fastest/best based on numbers. a 30k evo will likely kill it. the evo is also very 1 dimensional to drive. and please dont talk about the viper, its got a ****in truck engine in it. nsx is a pure driving machine, couple of years ago an nsx type r won the evo car of the year award (the basic design of the nsx was 14 years old at the time), even the staff of the mag were trippin out. it beat the 996 and many other accomplished sports cars. it just feels good to drive and communicates everything clearly.

im not gonna sit here and argue w/ u over this, as you can see from other members posts; most of them agree with what im saying.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
It doesnt matter where the motor comes from the fact it the car will weigh more and not have the I6 that the M3 is known for.
i was answering hlg'z question
Old 08-04-2006, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
you just dont seem to under\stand, the veyron was just an example.
numbers dont meant ****, how many times do u pull ove .9g or 1g in the corners?

ive owned an e36 as i mentioned earlier and my brother who lives under the same roof has an e46 m3 and they do not compare to the driving experience of an nsx. (period) i dont care if they are faster or pull better numbers, thats not what sports cars are about, track cars maybe, not sports cars. i never argued that an nsx is the fastest/best based on numbers. a 30k evo will likely kill it. the evo is also very 1 dimensional to drive. and please dont talk about the viper, its got a ****in truck engine in it. nsx is a pure driving machine, couple of years ago an nsx type r won the evo car of the year award (the basic design of the nsx was 14 years old at the time), even the staff of the mag were trippin out. it beat the 996 and many other accomplished sports cars. it just feels good to drive and communicates everything clearly.

im not gonna sit here and argue w/ u over this, as you can see from other members posts; most of them agree with what im saying.
I think you dont realize that your point agrees with me.. My point was the NSX is not that great of a car compared to others cars for even half the price.

they do not compare to the driving experience of an nsx. (period) i dont care if they are faster or pull better numbers, thats not what sports cars are about, track cars maybe, not sports cars.

Again more gibberish whats your point? Every car has a unique driving experience, I have yet to find a car that has a better gearbox than a porsche, but I still have not driven every car on the earth. I have yet to drive a car that has the all around ability that the E46 M3 has from being able to seat 5 people, do sub 5 second 60 runs and handle great. (I guess the C55 could fall into that category) Anyways back to your statement what is your point about what a sports car is? I never said an NSX isnt a sports care I just said its a sad sports car and the main negative is the price. If it cost half of what it did then I would have some respect for the car but considering if you stay in its price range I cant think of a single car that the NSX can beat in any category for its price range. Again at first the argument was ow the NSX is such a great handler I presented the facts that compared to other cars in the same price range and even half the price of the car it is not that great of a handling car, then you go on to ***** about how its not about the numbers and you could care less... Ow well looks like someone was wrong and just wont admit it. I tried to be nice about it but then you began to act childish telling me to shut the **** up, kind of like the 9/11 conspiracy people even when you show them the facts they are still right and you are wrong, same thing happens with democrats and the ignorant.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
I think you dont realize that your point agrees with me.. My point was the NSX is not that great of a car compared to others cars for even half the price.

they do not compare to the driving experience of an nsx. (period) i dont care if they are faster or pull better numbers, thats not what sports cars are about, track cars maybe, not sports cars.

Again more gibberish whats your point? Every car has a unique driving experience, I have yet to find a car that has a better gearbox than a porsche, but I still have not driven every car on the earth. I have yet to drive a car that has the all around ability that the E46 M3 has from being able to seat 5 people, do sub 5 second 60 runs and handle great. (I guess the C55 could fall into that category) Anyways back to your statement what is your point about what a sports car is? I never said an NSX isnt a sports care I just said its a sad sports car and the main negative is the price. If it cost half of what it did then I would have some respect for the car but considering if you stay in its price range I cant think of a single car that the NSX can beat in any category for its price range. Again at first the argument was ow the NSX is such a great handler I presented the facts that compared to other cars in the same price range and even half the price of the car it is not that great of a handling car, then you go on to ***** about how its not about the numbers and you could care less... Ow well looks like someone was wrong and just wont admit it. I tried to be nice about it but then you began to act childish telling me to shut the **** up, kind of like the 9/11 conspiracy people even when you show them the facts they are still right and you are wrong, same thing happens with democrats and the ignorant.

Last edited by AMG_55; 02-10-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
^^^^Whats the point of that?^^^^ Are you trying to insult me? Or you are just stupid and just made a fool out of yourself?

Ow btw nice pictures....I have a few for you.
Attached Thumbnails The NSX that couldn't-6thsense.jpg   The NSX that couldn't-darthvader.jpg  
Old 08-05-2006, 06:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
^^^^Whats the point of that?^^^^ Are you trying to insult me? Or you are just stupid and just made a fool out of yourself?

Ow btw nice pictures....I have a few for you.

i have the one on the left, nice

but mine r better

as ive said in my previous post,

"im not gonna sit here and argue w/ u over this, as you can see from other members posts; most of them agree with what im saying
,"

Old 08-05-2006, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser

but mine r better

"im not gonna sit here and argue w/ u over this, as you can see from other members posts; most of them agree with what im saying
,"
Old 08-05-2006, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
nsx IS a sports car

AMG55- da winner!
Where'd you find them things?!
Old 08-05-2006, 12:46 PM

Don't have a Mercedes right now...
i owned an e36 m3 and have driven a 91nsx.
huge difference.
we even drag raced them and the nsx (filter and exhaust) was faster at highway speeds. in the canyons where the m3 understeered the nsx just gripped and turned, its a large go kart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izaWl...ch=senna%20nsx

acceleration times dont mean ****, its not a dragster its a sports car. the original miata (0-60 was like 9 sec.) is a sports car
Here is a better video of the legent driving the NSX:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...26&q=senna+nsx
Old 08-05-2006, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
AMG55- da winner!
Where'd you find them things?!

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/index.php

Just dont share this site with everyone or this forum will be nothing but pictures.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW

but mine r better

,"

Yes I know you are not going to argue with me because you said it in your own words that you agree with me.... Maybe if you do not agree with me you need to learn how to communicate a little better than just jibber jabber.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Banned

w210 E55
Originally Posted by Speed Thrills
I'm not sure if people still consider a NSX as a "sports car" but the owners I have found over the years sure do. Back in my mind I know these overpriced hondas will get smoked by a Mustang GT but after repeated taunting one has to finally put them out of their misery.

Rolling home the other night I get a rear view Xenon alert and take notice as they are coming up rather fast. Of course my mind clicks into the "guess the car before if passes" game and I am totally stumped and a little let down. I see the white NSX pass with the ***** to do the old pass me and zip back into my lane. Normally I'll only dig in if, a) it's a car I know will give me a decent run b) a mystery car with mods and or c) a car I haven't already beat, so I just take it and continue at my 75mph. The Honda slows down and has a fun doing a few maneuvers around me while reving that V6. Being so balzzy I'm wondering if he does have any mods as I have heard there are a few in cali that are little rockets.

What the hell.. so I see him fall back and come up fast to do another useless fly by and I floor it. As expected I see those xenons fall away in the rear view like I dropped 2 pen lights down a well. I slowed back to 70 or so and again I see him making another run but this time coming much faster. I wait until he's a few cars back and I hit it again. He passes a few car lengths for a few seconds and then he's sent to the back of the line again. I was done but of course he wasn't. I endured a few more fly bys before my exit.

Wasn't really much to even write about but I was wondering if many others have had NSX run-ins too. I already know a few friends that have.
Aside from the "rice humping" argument.....NICE KILL.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Banned

w210 E55

but mine r better

,"

Hands down, funniest pic with that short green dude on Star Wars.

I actually shot Rockstar Energy Drink threw my nose laughing so hard. Not cool.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some
i think NSXs are really really fun cars. my friend put a s/c on his and its the most fun thing to drive!!!(i like it better than our 996 cab) i would recomend driving one b4 you throw it away. the tranny on it is so smooth and it has a good throw.

Old 08-05-2006, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some
OH, but i will say, that the newer ones that are 90K are not worth it (same thing with the R129 SLs) when you can get a used one for 30K and its bassicly the same thing. so if i had 80K to spend on a sports car, i would not get a new NSX, i would get a 1995-1996
Old 08-05-2006, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
Nice kill. I do love the NSX however. They might not be fast in straight line but around the corners... AMG_55 pretty much said it all.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by RedMongoosE
i would recomend driving one b4 you throw it away. the tranny on it is so smooth and it has a good throw.

in my opinion the nsx has the best shifting action, followed closely by the s2000

i have driven a 996 and although very nice, the throws are a little longer and its not as tight (1,3,5) width wise
Old 08-05-2006, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450

You should go test drive a manual 997. The new manual in the 997 is amazing.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Yes I know you are not going to argue with me because you said it in your own words that you agree with me.... Maybe if you do not agree with me you need to learn how to communicate a little better than just jibber jabber.

i dont agree with this:

From your posts

"Its a slow excuse for a sports car."

"All I can say is the NSX is over ratted for handling"

"If anything honda should just stop with the sports cars." (stupidest thing ive ever heard, why would u want less sports cars?

"I dont think you get it that the NSX isnt all that its cracked up to be in the handling department."

"And some cars feel nice to drive doesnt mean they can handle... I like the way my ML runs over just about everything in the road and I cant feel anything"(clearly u dont understand what driving means)

"My point was the NSX is not that great of a car compared to others cars for even half the price" (first it was a"slow excuse for a sports car" i take it u meant that it wasnt a sports car, thats what excuse means. then u start singing a different tune saying that it is a sports car, its just over priced.) get ur **** straight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The NSX that couldn't