Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

What's the world coming to?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
What's the world coming to?

So I'm pulling out of my business partner's gated community and I hear a high pitched exhaust noise coming up the street. At first it sounded like a bike but it was a C6 Vette with some knarly exhaust. I'm sitting at the stupid gate screaming at it to open (another reason why I'll never live in a gated community). When it finally opens I go flying out to try and catch up. The dude turns left onto an empty street and I'm thinking, "It's on." I catch up to him, his window is down, it's a young guy, sun glasses, hat on backwards and I know we're about to throw down. I hear his revs go up so I nail it. Were at about 35 mph. I get the sling shot jump and when I look, he's out of it. I slow down and he slows down. So, I proceed to get on the freeway (of course I'm now going in the opposite direction of where I need to go but it's worth it if he wants to go at it) and he follows. I figure, OK, he wants top speed action. Wrong again. Every time I change lanes so he can get up next to me he changes and gets right behind me. I am so confused. Modded C6, Young dude, empty street, freeway. What's up?!
Old 08-11-2006, 06:20 PM
JDM

2011 C300
Originally Posted by Rudyrono
So I'm pulling out of my business partner's gated community and I hear a high pitched exhaust noise coming up the street. At first it sounded like a bike but it was a C6 Vette with some knarly exhaust. I'm sitting at the stupid gate screaming at it to open (another reason why I'll never live in a gated community). When it finally opens I go flying out to try and catch up. The dude turns left onto an empty street and I'm thinking, "It's on." I catch up to him, his window is down, it's a young guy, sun glasses, hat on backwards and I know we're about to throw down. I hear his revs go up so I nail it. Were at about 35 mph. I get the sling shot jump and when I look, he's out of it. I slow down and he slows down. So, I proceed to get on the freeway (of course I'm now going in the opposite direction of where I need to go but it's worth it if he wants to go at it) and he follows. I figure, OK, he wants top speed action. Wrong again. Every time I change lanes so he can get up next to me he changes and gets right behind me. I am so confused. Modded C6, Young dude, empty street, freeway. What's up?!
He was feeling on top of the world, and then you came out and threatend to ruin his self image by creaming the very thing giving his image to him.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:48 PM

2006 E55 AMG
I don't know what the problem was. If ever there was a time where the "planets were all aligned" for racing and nothing! It was a beautiful car and when he first passed by he was holding gear so I thought for sure he was a gamer. No such luck. I'll just have to stick with bikes. They're ready to go anytime.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:29 PM
JDM

2011 C300
I don't know what the problem was. If ever there was a time where the "planets were all aligned" for racing and nothing! It was a beautiful car and when he first passed by he was holding gear so I thought for sure he was a gamer. No such luck. I'll just have to stick with bikes. They're ready to go anytime.
"just have to stick with bikes" thats funny..man I want one of those E cars.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Let me give you an analogy (or several). . .

Girls in baggy sweats and t-shirts screw like bunnies. Girsls in skin-tight **** costumes either are paid professionals, or are frigid and trying to overcompensate.

People who boast about money and possessions are usually on the brink of bankruptcy. The people with the real cash drive GM cars and dress like hell. Furthermore, they never talk about their money.

Guys with reverse caps and loud Vettes are the same pimple-faced obnoxious geeks that everyone hated in high school. Now they have "graduated" to an obnoxious car that they do not know how to handle, and this surprises you?
Old 09-10-2006, 10:10 AM

Another case of "all the gear but no idea"

I hate it when a car is right on my tail on the straights but after a corner, I have to wait for them to catch up. It's not all about straight line speed.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
Maybe the kid knew better and didn't want to crash at 150 MPH into 300 pieces. I've turned down races against fast cars just because you know the speeds will get very high and once you start, it's hard to just stop....you push it up as high as you can. I don't trust myself at those speeds....it would just be my luck that I'm young and have it all and then kill myself in a car accident. Not lecturing....some people just stay away from temptation because they know themselves better. A C6 probably isn't the car to buy if you are like that though.