Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

E60 M5 Vs. Speed Limit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
E60 M5 Vs. Speed Limit

Basically I killed Rt. 95 this past Saturday. Leaving NYC at 3AM with a belly full of escargot goodness and my best friend in tow, we decided to see how real BMW's top speed limiter was on the good ol' turnpike. I thrashed out of the Lincoln Tunnel at a good 70mph, took the roundabout like a madman in the far left lane, 2 inches of clearance on each side and holding the revs at 7,500. We fired through the EZPass lane onto 95 and were off to the races.

There's a stretch of highway for a good 2 miles there that's completely straight and at that time of night it was totally devoid of any traffic, a perfect time to get on it. 4th gear, 5th, 6th.........164mph and we hit a magical barrier. The car MOVES above 100mph and at our rate of acceleration and the apparent lack of any wind noise or turbulence, total absence of instability and the fact that we had another gear to go are all telling of one thing.

This car will do 200.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Basically I killed Rt. 95 this past Saturday. Leaving NYC at 3AM with a belly full of escargot goodness and my best friend in tow, we decided to see how real BMW's top speed limiter was on the good ol' turnpike. I thrashed out of the Lincoln Tunnel at a good 70mph, took the roundabout like a madman in the far left lane, 2 inches of clearance on each side and holding the revs at 7,500. We fired through the EZPass lane onto 95 and were off to the races.

There's a stretch of highway for a good 2 miles there that's completely straight and at that time of night it was totally devoid of any traffic, a perfect time to get on it. 4th gear, 5th, 6th.........164mph and we hit a magical barrier. The car MOVES above 100mph and at our rate of acceleration and the apparent lack of any wind noise or turbulence, total absence of instability and the fact that we had another gear to go are all telling of one thing.

This car will do 200.

man....this car belongs an the autobahn. It loves 3 digits!
Old 09-11-2006, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
i believe the top speed of a sttock m5 (de-limited) is 205mph
Old 09-11-2006, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...

This car will do 200.
Man I am dying to go to englishtown i just won't find anyone to hang out with me out there, want to go and meet up?, maybe have some small races? let me know before the summer is over...I would love to check out your beast.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by JodyE55Rocket
Man I am dying to go to englishtown i just won't find anyone to hang out with me out there, want to go and meet up?, maybe have some small races? let me know before the summer is over...I would love to check out your beast.
Though you're gonna whip my a$$, I can def. do it next weekend. Maybe even this weekend if the weather's nice. PM me and let's exchange numbers and try to put something down concrete.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Nice to see a car like the M5 put through its paces. Good run. Get it delimited would be my advice
Old 09-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Banned

F248 F1
lucky u !!! i envy you, in a good way -makes me study harder so i can get a good job when i graduate from college so i can get a good job and get myself a beasty m5 !
Old 09-12-2006, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Though you're gonna whip my a$$, I can def. do it next weekend. Maybe even this weekend if the weather's nice. PM me and let's exchange numbers and try to put something down concrete.
Saturday the 23rd sounds just about good for me, hopefully the weather will hold and we will have some good runs. I will send a PM with my info, don't worry about wipping, you will probably come up top, it's just for fun anyways, lol!
Old 09-13-2006, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
lol, nice kill!

What you gotta do now is go get it delimited. Then you can go hit 200MPH!!!!