Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

One week, three kills... C5, Boxter, SRT4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG + Mustang GT
One week, three kills... C5, Boxter, SRT4

I've had my CLK55 for one week now, and have racked up 3 kills.

The first kill was a Boxter. I just got out of a traffic jam on the interstate, the road is wide open in front of me now, and this yellow boxter comes flying by me. He then hits the brakes. I was going about 60mph, and I pull up next to him. He looks over at me, and I see that he's in his mid 50's. We slow down to about 50mph and he just guns it all of a sudden. He gets a jump of about a car lenght and then I gun it. I easily catch up, and before I know it the speedo is reaching 115mph. I look in my rearview mirror and see him what appears him to be bus lenghts behind me. I slow down and he flies by me. I didn't bother trying to catch up. I was pretty tired from a long day.

The second kill was a C5 vette. I was cruising at about 70mph when the C5 pulls up next to me. I speed up a bit, and so does he. I see he wants to play, so I slow down a bit. We both slow down to about 60mph and both gun it at the same exact time. I shut it down at about 110mph, at which point he was about a car lenght behind me. We slow back down to 70mph and he rolls down the window, and so do I. He then says "You're lucky!!! You're so damn lucky that it rained earlier today!!!" I don't know what he meant by that, since the rain had ended a few hours ago and the roads where completely dry by this time...

The last kill isn't really an official kill, but sort of it is... On my way home today I see an SRT4, and I know those always want to play. I speed up to get behind him, keeping a couple car lenght distance, and he speeds up. I follow. We clear the little traffic that was in front of us, and I see him downshift and gun it. I was about 4-5 car lenghts behind him in his lane, when he gunned it. I thought he would slow down a bit and let me get next to him before he gunned it, so we could have a more even race. Nontheless, I gunned it about a sec after he gunned it, and I immediatley started to catch up to him. He then hits the brakes because of some light traffic that was about a 1/4 mile down. We pass that, I'm in his lane about 4-5 car lenghts behind again, and he again guns it. I gun it immediatley after him, and once again I immediatley start to catch up. I switch lanes so I can pass him, but then I see a cop car driving about 1/8 of a mile down the road. We both slow down, and I took the next exit, since I had already missed my exit.

My car is still bone stock, except for some Lorinser RS6 wheels that it came with. As soon as I dyno the car next week, I will start modding it. I just want to get a base dyno first, before I do any mods to it.

Last edited by Jaki; 09-23-2006 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Boxster drivers are always fun to torment.

C5 driver had sour grapes, wet grip would be the same unless it was a monsoon whereby wider C5 tires would struggle ven more than AMG's.

Why bother with a Neon? Waste of gas as even the modded ones are still awful vehicles. Drivers are generally acne-ridden teens.

Any pics of your wheels? Art they 5-arm 19s, or multi spoke 18s?
Old 09-22-2006, 11:53 PM

E55 AMG + Mustang GT
Originally Posted by transferred
Boxster drivers are always fun to torment.

C5 driver had sour grapes, wet grip would be the same unless it was a monsoon whereby wider C5 tires would struggle ven more than AMG's.

Why bother with a Neon? Waste of gas as even the modded ones are still awful vehicles. Drivers are generally acne-ridden teens.

Any pics of your wheels? Art they 5-arm 19s, or multi spoke 18s?

http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img2175ff5.jpg
http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img2174mr6.jpg
Old 09-22-2006, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Sweet. Nice car. AMGs are generally quality vehicles. I don't get the M or AMG haters. They're similar in some ways, different in others.

Enjoy your new ride.