Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C32 vs. G35 Coupe Results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
C32 vs. G35 Coupe Results

As requested, I'm pasting this here as well...

I wasn't able to get back on last night and post an update to the race, but it was as predicted. We did several runs ranging from a dead stop, ESP on/off, "manual" mode as well as full auto, rolling from 15-110, roll from 60-110, roll from 35-110..all resulted in a win for the C32. The lenghts differed greatly though.

Details on the cars:

Mine - Fully stock '02 C32 with the resonators removed, which did nothing for performance as far as I can tell. Sounds nice though. Green filters on the way also. Anyway, I had half a tank of 93 oct with octane booster. (which I run at every fill), two 12" subs, large box, large amp, cap, etc. In other words, the car has allot of extra weight.

His - '04 or '05 G35 Coupe, some custom dual exhaust made at a muffler shop, better filters (but not a completely new intake) AUTO, one 12" sub/box/amp, several cosmetic mods, better plugs, wires (no biggy), also running 93 oct, he had about 1/4 tank.

From a dead stock we were actually dead even until he shifted to second. Every time he would shift I would pull at least a half car and continue to slowly walk away.

From a 15mph roll he jumped ME! The C32 doesnt seem to like to take off at that speed and pulls MUCH better around 30-40 in second vs. 15mph in 1st. Anyway, he would jump about a half a car and then as soon as he would shift we would be even and I would walk from there as before.

From 30+rolling start, not even close! That was by far the biggest *** whoopin handed of all the races. By the time I climbed to about 110mph and started to slow he was at LEAST 4 lenghts back.

We did have a suprise visitor line up for a couple of the runs. I'm not sure of the year but it looked to be a 2005 or 2006 SL500. Nice looking car but he would have been better of not lining up. His results were less than satisfactory. There seems to be a big difference between the SL500 and the 550!

Oh, and when it came time to put up or shut up, my buddy wouldn't put money down on the race.lol Thanks again for the info guys. He has a "pretty" car, but no AMG!
Old 09-19-2006, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Its a G35 lol... A nissan 350Z is faster and with an AMG or M car you should be pulling hard on them in all gears unless they have a super charger... His mods basically add crap for power and just about every 350z and g35 on the street has them. But nice race.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
Its a G35 lol... A nissan 350Z is faster and with an AMG or M car you should be pulling hard on them in all gears unless they have a super charger... His mods basically add crap for power and just about every 350z and g35 on the street has them. But nice race.
I knew nothing about the G35s and posted the question in another forum to get some background. Apparently with some decent mods they do perform, but still not a real threat. The guy with the G35 had a big mouth and made me wonder if there wasn't more to the car than I had read about. But yes, in the end the results are not a suprise. I was just posting the results as requested...not so much to brag.

My uncle has a 2006 WRX STi that he is "prepping" right now. THAT race has me nervous. Before I line up with him I will have everything pulled out of the car, just enough gas to make a couple passes, and a few other tricks along the way. If I win that race, THEN I will be braggin!
Old 09-19-2006, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Jap cars that i respect are Skyline GT-Rs, Evos and STis. G35 and 350Zs are horrible. Of course this is just my opinion and i'm sure others feel otherwise.

Still have a softspot for the C32.

Volvo R series- killed one of them on the 110 two nights ago. You wouldn't think they had 300hp
Old 09-19-2006, 07:44 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
what!!!!?? you didn't film it and rub it in his face afterwards?!!
Old 09-19-2006, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by amgme
what!!!!?? you didn't film it and rub it in his face afterwards?!!
I was going to bring the camera but it's a POS and only takes 15 sec of video at a time and we didn't have copilots to run the vid....
Old 09-19-2006, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
I knew nothing about the G35s and posted the question in another forum to get some background. Apparently with some decent mods they do perform, but still not a real threat. The guy with the G35 had a big mouth and made me wonder if there wasn't more to the car than I had read about. But yes, in the end the results are not a suprise. I was just posting the results as requested...not so much to brag.

My uncle has a 2006 WRX STi that he is "prepping" right now. THAT race has me nervous. Before I line up with him I will have everything pulled out of the car, just enough gas to make a couple passes, and a few other tricks along the way. If I win that race, THEN I will be braggin!
dont worry about the STI from a roll... even with some light modding. From a stop it will gain on the C32 but it will run out steam.

With some heavy Mods, The STI is a killer but you won't run into many of those.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Originally Posted by TopGun32
dont worry about the STI from a roll... even with some light modding. From a stop it will gain on the C32 but it will run out steam.

With some heavy Mods, The STI is a killer but you won't run into many of those.
sorry for the ........ What up with your new E55..??......meaning any new update information.... ...??
Old 09-20-2006, 05:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
who needs a co-pilot....

Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
I was going to bring the camera but it's a POS and only takes 15 sec of video at a time and we didn't have copilots to run the vid....

......no excuses
https://mbworld.org/forums/kill-stories/162366-ml63-v-clk55-video.html
Old 09-23-2006, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS
sorry for the ........ What up with your new E55..??......meaning any new update information.... ...??
sorry SL Brabus..

I did not check this thread..

its friday night and delivery truck is in So Cal, but has 3 more deliveries to makes. I should get it tomorrow in the afternoon or evening.

The truck is 1 week late, but I knew that I was going to run into delays. I only paid $810 for the tranportation from FL to CA.

I'll post picks the E211 AMG group forum...