Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Drag track (SL Brabus vs E63) after that I got kick out....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 236 Likes on 183 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by Improviz
This is a gain of 140 horsepower, 47% over the stock rating. To get this, you'd need to rebuild the entire engine; new pistons, heads, cams, fuel system, fuel management system, the works. You are *not* gonna get there with a tuning job.
The Brabus motors are completely rebuilt, with a larger bore and reworked internals. In regards to a naturally aspirated motor, is that not the works?
Old 12-01-2006, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by HLG600
The Brabus motors are completely rebuilt, with a larger bore and reworked internals. In regards to a naturally aspirated motor, is that not the works?
Point is that they advertise this motor at 400 horsepower, not 480, and an 80 horse pickup would be a rather substantial design effort in and of itself. You think Brabus is going to spend that kind of R&D dough for one guy??

Further, to pick up that power, it would require *different* heads, pistons, cams, etc. than the normal 5.8L, which don't forget in 2/3 tests we saw for that motor was obviously not making anywhere near the claimed 400 horsepower.

So, again, for just this one guy, Brabus would make this kind of effort, spend this kind of R&D, and then, inexplicably, not turn around and offer a 480 horsepower version of this motor, which would, after all, sell like proverbial hotcakes?? Come on, man...think business. Think marketing. Think bottom line, profit, etc...this would be an insane business decision.

But here, on their page for the R129 SL, we see that they offer only the 5.8 option with 400 rated horsepower for the 3V version of the car (and do not offer this version on any other):
http://www.brabus-online.de/classics/classic03e.htm

SL could easily put this to rest by showing up and running Thericker. SL claims to be trapping up in C6 territory, and has said he's pulled an E55 by three carlengths from 120-155 mph, which would put him up closer to M5 territory.

The M5 has well over 500 horsepower. It weighs about 4000 pounds, the same as Brabus' SL.

Now, you might believe, on its face, that SL's car is the fastest 5.8 Brabus on the planet, far far faster than any other car we've seen tested with this motor, when those cars were several hundred pounds lighter, but I don't.

And SL, the great racer, the mighty giant slayer, the guy who is always up for a race, who challenged me to run him knowing that I was a thousand miles away from him, who pulls 520-530 crank E55s from 120-155 by multiple lengths, has suddenly gotten cold feet, and refuses to show up for a simple race.

Why?

I think the reasons are obvious. If he was so hell-bent on proving his claims, he'd be there in a heartbeat. He's pulling another APK1013, another guy who claimed to beat faster cars, talked a bunch of smack, but when we arranged several opportunities for him to show up and race one of these cars, he balked.

SSDD....

Last edited by Improviz; 12-01-2006 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Btw, I just got off the phone with LACR. I asked the guy if they were open at all on Wednesday, and he said that they did not open, period.

I was persistant, and asked him "Did you run any races at all?" He replied that there were none.

I then explained to him why I was asking, namely that there's a guy who is claiming to have run there and posted a timeslip, and that I thought it was suspicious because their website and phone message said they were closed, and even after that, he still maintained that they were not open, and that was that.

I guess the obvious explanation is that this guy doesn't know what's going on at the racetrack where he works.

Old 12-01-2006, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Originally Posted by Thericker
Hey man....No waste of time I'm allways up for a friendly race I love all MB cars I stumbled across this thread and actually would love to see how my very near stock C6 would fair against your Brabus, sounds like fun bring whichever SL is fastest it will be a blast
I'm down for a friendly run ...... not to proof Improviz........ .
Old 12-01-2006, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Improviz
Btw, I just got off the phone with LACR. I asked the guy if they were open at all on Wednesday, and he said that they did not open, period.

I was persistant, and asked him "Did you run any races at all?" He replied that there were none.

I then explained to him why I was asking, namely that there's a guy who is claiming to have run there and posted a timeslip, and that I thought it was suspicious because their website and phone message said they were closed, and even after that, he still maintained that they were not open, and that was that.

I guess the obvious explanation is that this guy doesn't know what's going on at the racetrack where he works.

yeah......whatever man........ ok you win my car is very slow.... ... it do 1/4mile in 5 minutes @ 2mph... .....ok happy now........

Last edited by SL BRABUS; 12-01-2006 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS

yeah......whatever man........ ok you win my car is very slow.... ... it do 1/4mile in 5 minutes @ 2mph... .....ok happy now........
I'm going to do some more checking on this LACR thing, and I just want to be crystal clear on this: SL Brabus, are you saying that the guy I just spoke with doesn't know what's going on at his own race track, that they did open Wednesday night?

Because basically, where I'm going to go from here is to try and get someone from LACR to verify, in writing, online, whether or not they were open on Wednesday, and let them have a look at this timeslip. It is possible that the website, the phone message, and the guy I just spoke with were all in error, but rest assured: I'm going to get to the bottom of this.

If the guy was wrong, he was wrong, but he was really quite emphatic in stating that they were closed, period, on Wednesday, and that there were no races run, period, even after I told him that someone had posted a slip dated 29 November 2006.

So, again: for the record, you're saying that the fellow with whom I spoke a short while ago is either lying or is wildly wrong about this?
Old 12-01-2006, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah yeah yeah......... I lie about everything........I don't drive MB car, I never own any brabus car, I never meet any of the MB world people, I never race, I never went to a race track, did I miss anything else........ I am done here....... troll here all you want Improviz........ I don't care if people in here believe me or not........ yet......please don't believe.......I lie about everything........ sorry guy I let all of you guys down.........
Old 12-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Banned

w210 E55
Have any of you guys ever watched Full Metal Jacket? Anyway,the part where that prostitute says " Me love you long time "......keeps coming to mind everytime SL Brabus posts like this:

I was saying to myself it not like his car going to flip over
the rules all way changing my friend just call me and told me the race has been cancel today
you want to know how I put those number
Brabus built the car fit your need
me love you long time
(okay, he didn't say that)

Yes?......SL Brabus, just having a little fun...umm, at your expense of course.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by amgdriven
Have any of you guys ever watched Full Metal Jacket? Anyway,the part where that prostitute says " Me love you long time "......keeps coming to mind everytime SL Brabus posts like this:

It's mean, but darn funny!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline

LACR?????????????

i posted that earlier and i guess noone saw it
Old 12-01-2006, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
That has to be the fastest E63 time ever recorded...
Old 12-02-2006, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by amgdriven

Me love you long time Improviz!!....... because he waste so much of his time just trying to proof me wrong........

ok now I say it amgdriven
Old 12-02-2006, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
It's mean, but darn funny!
yes....everybody in MB world is mean........
Old 12-02-2006, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Good grief...

Is it possible for someone post a kill story without someone else arguing the validity of the results? It seems like every single thread becomes littered with regurgitated magazine articles in an attempt discredit the event.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMG_55
why dont we all go to lacr?
im wanna race my cousin, so he'll roll and maybe his brother (cls & ml 63's), i know vadim is down to go also
yeah sure......I'm down........so is Thericker......and maybe other MB World member...... I think it would be best to go during day-light-saving time (next year).... so it won't get dark early and the weather is warm.......
Old 12-02-2006, 01:06 PM

Guess again. Friend of a friend owns one of the local dealerships.

I did.

You say I didn't? Prove it.
This is a great quote about the validity of test driving the M3... Love it. It works in so many ways after spending the last 30 minutes reading all of these posts.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Banned

w210 E55
Me love you long time Improviz!!....... because he waste so much of his time just trying to proof me wrong........

ok now I say it amgdriven
You have a good sense of humor! Thats awesome man!

Old 12-02-2006, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Wow, what a coincidence:

When I looked at SL Brabus' amazingly fast slip, which was done at LACR when LACR was closed, I was thinking to myself "Man..that really doesn't look like any timeslip I've ever seen..I wonder why LACRs timeslips look so very different from other timeslips I've seen?"

As a refresher, here is SL Brabus' timeslip:
LOS ANGELES COUNTY RACEWAY

Now, to me, that looks a bit different than other timeslips I've seen. For one thing, the font looked different. The spacings, text alignments, and everything just looked different. Usually timeslips have some sort of advertising message at the top. Further, I've never seen timeslips with superscript (on the 1st) before, nor have I seen a slip where there are some lines double spaced and others single spaced. And that font...it looked so familiar.

And so I went to dragtimes.com, and sure enough, they have other recent slips from people who ran at LACR. For example, here are three of 'em, from 11 November, a few weeks ago:

Ah, now these look more like typical timeslips! They also look a great deal different from SL Brabus' slip. Three dashes deliniating the "LEFT LANE and "RIGHT LANE", not 18+ as in SL Brabus' timeslip, the advertising at the top is there, etc. etc.

Oh, and one more little thing: note that they use a 24-hr clock on their slips, so SL Brabus' slip, which he said was done at 5:19 PM, would actually read 17:19 if it were genuine; on a 24 hour clock, 05:19 is 5:19 *AM*, and I doubt the track was open that early...

Then I realized: this font *is* familiar! I opened up word and typed "LOS ANGELES COUNTY RACEWAY" across the page, and the hand smacked the forehead; it is, in fact, Times New Roman, the default on Microsoft Word!

For grins, I typed this sentence above, right above SL's timeslip. As you can see, the fonts are identical.

So, I decided to use Word and reconstruct SL's timeslip, just as I suspect he constructed it in the first place, complete with misaligned decimal points and colons, asymmetrical numbers of dashes on each side of the "LEFT LANE" and "RIGHT LANE" headers, etc. But what's the fun in that?

And so, in the spirit of Christmas, I decided to stage a hypothetical race between Jesus and Satan, which will take place at LACR at midnight, December 25, 2006. Jesus will be, of course, in the Right lane.

Satan got the jump, but Jesus had the performance edge (It all about JESUS, as SL Brabus would say), caught up, and beat him with a Trinity-ish .003 MOV. Fantastic...and so, my frayunds, the moral here: good shall triumph over evil, even at LACR!!! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!!

Here is the timeslip, which I typed up on Word, and converted to gif via a screen capture. Look familiar?? Look anything like a real LACR timeslip, i.e. the three in the shot above?

Now, maybe I'm wrong about all of this...maybe LACR, despite what their answering machine, website, and the guy I spoke with who works there all said, *was* actually open Wednesday, and maybe within the last few weeks they replaced their timesheet machine with a PC and are using Times New Roman font, removed the advertising, etc. from their slips, and maybe this amazingly fast time from a car with 105 less rated horsepower than the E63 it supposedly ran within a tenth of, are all on the money.

But I really, really doubt it. Especially if you look at SL Brabus' original slip, followed by my Word copy of it (with a few small changes I'm sure he'll like):

Scaling is a bit different due to, in all likelihood, somewhat different methodologies (to put the "SL Brabus" and "E63" on there, one would probably want to print it, write it on there, and scan it), but...you get the picture, so to speak.

Last edited by Improviz; 12-02-2006 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

wow.........nice fake timeslip you got there Improviz.......you got to teach me to do this some day......nice try man........
Old 12-03-2006, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
wow.........nice fake timeslip you got there Improviz.......you got to teach me to do this some day......nice try man........
Dude...you, and your fake slip, are busted. The track wasn't open, you weren't there, and you obviously forged a slip to try and bull**** people. Unfortunately for you, you botched it mightily, and to cap it off, stupidly put "05:19" where there would be "17:19" on a true slip from a run at 5:19 PM.

What you posted resembles a real LACR timeslip about as much as a VW resembles a Porsche.

Pretty pathetic.