Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C6 vs M3.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
Again read my post. I let off before I hit 3rd gear. Which means I went from 0-60ish thats it. I am sure if we kept going he would of pulled like mad but the guy could not drive worth crap.

yea I have no doubt they will, again my father used to have one it was a dam fast car. But in my race I had with a C6 was a few very short 0-60ish sprints.

Even for a car as powerful as a z06 it takes a lot of power to overcome a mistake in a short race.
Well, again: I was responding not to the original race post, only your comment that a Z06 would only walk, not run, on you once hooked up. Maybe in a short race as you're describing where he screwed up it might *appear* like he's walking, but trust me, he's running.

As to the race you're describing: absolutely plausible, particularly given that I had the same thing happen....guy could not launch, spun madly, I nailed a great launch with just the right amount of spin, and it took him until 90+ to catch up, possibly even a bit higher (wasn't looking at the speedo, but it was high up into 3rd). And I've pulled other fast cars in short races with the same results: they blow the launch, I win. Moral of the story is, if you blow your launch, you're toast!