Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

BPU Supra vs N/A CL600

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55
After spending the last 15 years at the dragstrip, I can state that it is barely an exaggeration.

99.99342% of the drivers out there can't handle the tires being shaken off when the big single turbo hits.

Most aftermarket twin kits don't make the full chocolates anyhow.

But what the hell do I know? I hope something after more than a thousand passes....
Old 02-04-2007, 01:43 AM
Almost a Member!

94 BPU Supra
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
After spending the last 15 years at the dragstrip, I can state that it is barely an exaggeration.

99.99342% of the drivers out there can't handle the tires being shaken off when the big single turbo hits.

Most aftermarket twin kits don't make the full chocolates anyhow.

But what the hell do I know? I hope something after more than a thousand passes....
i wasn't implying that you don't know anything. as a matter of fact i know exactly what you mean in that perspective. a fair amount of high HP Supra owners like to keep their cars streetable on a daily basis...hence all the bad 1/4 mile times on street tires from Supras in 500-900whp range.

but unlike them (and even though i'm not making 500+ whp), i don't mind wearing drag radials around town now and again. and unlike them, i haven't had a chance to the 1320ft. in a 500+ whp Supra on street tires. so i couldn't say that i could run a sub-13sec. 1/4 mile under those conditions. but i've seen several who have, which gives me confidence that not everyone driving a 500+ whp Supra is incapable of running a sub-13s pass. and i don't know what track you've been going to for the last 15 years, but it must not be the track i attend. where i go, you can find a wide spread of ET's for high HP Supras (at least when a fair amount of them show up, which is a few times a month), ranging from as high as 13sec. passes (yes, 13'S ) down into the 9's. i would say the bulk of the APU Supra passes i see at my local track are in the 11's and 10's. of course have regular "guests" at our track, such as Titan Motorsports and Heffner Performance, so their experienced drivers make the 1/4 mile times look better around here too. i've just never been to a track where i see more 13s passes from high HP Supras than i do 11s and 10s passes.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Almost a Member!

CL600 2003
By the way... the CL600 with the trap speed of 122.19 is mine and the picture of it is at the track with the tires (stock) the day I ran. Further, since this was my first and only day I ran it, I didn't really know what I was doing and had left the sport mode on which does two bad things. Keeps it the rear from lowering when launching and second robs some power... I am thinking of getting the new Renntech Airbox some drag radials and 104 octane fuel and make another run this spring...

Jim