Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Ever Run Away From the PoPo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had this friend in high school that owned of all things a Toyota Corolla Wagon that looked just like this:

His girlfriend lived one town over and the best way to her house was a winding two-lane blacktop that ran along the county line and almost never had any cop on it. It was a stretch of perhaps 7-8 miles with many curves. He became really experienced on that road, and could basically floor the car most of the way. Sometimes I'd go with him out there b/c the girl had a cute friend. You can guess what happened late one night when we were coming home. A county boy was out patrolling in his Impala, and passed us going the other way at whatever the top speed of the Toyota was (maybe 120mph). The cop turned around, but it was too late. My friend just left it hammered, hit all the curves as he knew how, and turned up a dirt road a few miles up. I remember him being scared for a while after that and he drove slower on that road for a while!
Old 03-16-2007, 03:22 PM

My brother also ran from the cops years back and got away. It's not a real chase story though, because he was in a race-modified 1970 Dodge Demon 340 6-pack going ***** out on a rural (paved) road at night, and passed a state trooper sitting still on the shoulder. The cop hit his lights and pulled out, but he never even had a chance. My bro had to wait until next day to drive back though, because he heard there was a road block set up that night looking for a "blue two door muscle car"...
Old 03-16-2007, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is Sick as Fu*k
Originally Posted by RomansDad
Oh.... Im impressed now....
What rush? Seriously, if you are contemplating a Felony for a "Rush" you need your head examined.... I hear Bank Robbery is quite exhilarating.... You going to give it a shot next?

Theres a dumb reason to do something.

Your lawyer isnt going sit in jail for you, sport....

The FACT is, if you run from the police, and get caught, life as you currently know it is OVER. If you enjoy making your own decisions, such as WHEN TO GET UP, WHAT TO EAT, and WHO YOU WILL ALLOW TO SODOMIZE YOU... you should probably consider getting your kicks another way.

For me, it would take a HELL of a lot more than a potential "rush" or being able to brag to my friends that I did it (hmmm.... My friends would not be at all impressed by this.... isn't that strange?) to risk the next 7 years in PRISON.... And despite the fact that I will "only live once" I think living it outside the confines of the California Department of Corrections might just be more fun....
Dude your being too serious about all this, I just wanted to start a fun little thread to see what people have done or stories they had, I only got at you with all that little BS for fun, if not I doubt Id run I have way to much going for me...you need to chill alittle bit...Im not trying to start any type of drama with you But this was a fun little thread you didnt have to try to make it all serious with your serious comments...you think I dont know about jail time? or a fine? or the danger of others? im not a dumb a$$ so take a chill buddy no need for your drama, I wasnt looking for any, and im still not. So if you have a problem, keep it to your self, If I said somthing to affend you Im sorry, but it wasnt my intention to get into a little feud with you....Thank Hope you understand

Last edited by PerisanGodFatha; 03-16-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:07 PM

Lamborghini Countach, BMW M3, ML 500 x2, S500 Lorinser
Originally Posted by PerisanGodFatha
Dude your being too serious about all this, I just wanted to start a fun little thread to see what people have done or stories they had, I only got at you with all that little BS for fun, if not I doubt Id run I have way to much going for me...you need to chill alittle bit...Im not trying to start any type of drama with you But this was a fun little thread you didnt have to try to make it all serious with your serious comments...you think I dont know about jail time? or a fine? or the danger of others? im not a dumb a$$ so take a chill buddy no need for your drama, I wasnt looking for any, and im still not. So if you have a problem, keep it to your self, If I said somthing to affend you Im sorry, but it wasnt my intention to get into a little feud with you....Thank Hope you understand

Id also like thoughts, and concerns about doing it if it ever came down to it...chances of getting away, chances of getting caught, the results, and so on...
Old 03-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 Desert Silver Mercedes Benz C240
Hmmmm, I know what he is trying to say. Everyone at ONE point in time has wondered how it would be to run (very very few do it), but we still wonder. I've always wondered, I'll admit that. But that doesn't make me a dumbass. Intelligence comes into play when thoughts become actions.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I have never seriously considered it in a car/truck, but have run (or ran) on my bike once (slightly modded CBR 600). Looking back it was stupid and I was very lucky and don't look to roll the dice again, but at the time....it was a freakin blast!
2 lane road, tight twisties and a few long straights, was goin about double the limit, cop goin other direction and he turned his lights on as SOON as he saw me and locked up his brakes, I ran for downshifted and pinned it. I got into a couple of the straights could juuust barely make him out in the mirrors. Obviously in the end I made it home in one piece, nobody was hurt, there was no other traffic, and I can at least say I've done it.
Not something I encourage or condone, but it was a hell of a rush.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:34 PM

2004 S/C M3 Vert, 2004 E55
I've done it and almost did it another time.

First time was at about 11:00pm and I was doing full doughnuts w/ e36 M3 in a K-MART parking lot showing off. Next thing I know my friends girl says cop so we book it into some neighborhood streets and went home. Cop didnt even try after the first couple turns.

Second time I didnt actually run because cop ended up pulling someone else over. I was doing over 90 in a 55 (in the C32) and saw the cop and slowed down fast. He started merging lanes and I was just wainting for him to get in my lane to floor it. But he didnt and turned the lights on someone else. But I'm guessing he clocked me and mixed us up or something.

But I have always had the itch and when we street race everyone runs away so I dont know if that counts.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is Sick as Fu*k
lol ur a funny guy...thoughts? isnt that what it says your thoughts? just because im not getting at you the way your getting at me dosnt mean a thing, i said sorry, but your still trying to be a funny guy, if youve got a problem, why dont you Email me...PERSIANGODFATHA@AOL.COM ..... problems are meant to be taken care of i dont have a problem but i can help you with yours ....My Names Danny let me know
Old 03-17-2007, 06:01 PM

lol ur a funny guy...thoughts? isnt that what it says your thoughts? just because im not getting at you the way your getting at me dosnt mean a thing, i said sorry, but your still trying to be a funny guy, if youve got a problem, why dont you Email me...PERSIANGODFATHA@AOL.COM ..... problems are meant to be taken care of i dont have a problem but i can help you with yours ....My Names Danny let me know

Are you serious??? You want me to EMAIL you so you can "solve my problem?" YOU THINK I'M FUNNY??? This is the funniest stuff I have read in a long time... Youre a caricature! A Cartoon Character!

Do you really go around threatening people on internet forums? That is truly pathetic. For what its worth, the whole "Internet Tough Guy" "im a gangster" thing is completely LAME....

Or maybe you're just looking for a date?

If so, Im very sorry I took your advances the wrong way, but I just dont swing that way, cowboy....

Danny,

Here's some free advice... You need to get a life, son.

Last edited by RomansDad; 03-17-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is Sick as Fu*k
Are you serious??? You want me to EMAIL you so you can "solve my problem?" YOU THINK I'M FUNNY??? This is the funniest stuff I have read in a long time... Youre a caricature! A Cartoon Character!

Do you really go around threatening people on internet forums? That is truly pathetic. For what its worth, the whole "Internet Tough Guy" "im a gangster" thing is completely LAME....

Or maybe you're just looking for a date?

If so, Im very sorry I took your advances the wrong way, but I just dont swing that way, cowboy....

Danny,

Here's some free advice... You need to get a life, son.
whatever qt Pie...Your the 1 runnin your mouth, i thought maybe if you had an issue we can handle it, the internet thug thing? no that wasnt what i was tryn to act like, The reason I gave you my email was so we can handle this outside the forum so we dont ruin the thread and so on, and have a problem with the G0ds in charge...get a life, lol yeh Son, the only thing with that is, im doing what your doing, so if id have to get a life, that would mean youd need one to qt pie...anyways im done with this... Happy Driving
Old 03-17-2007, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
never tried running..... although I've thought about it...

a few weeks ago I was in the Viper going just under 100MPH on I75 at 2:30am.... I come around the bend and see the two FHP troopers sitting there.... I thinking **** **** ****, the V1 is in the E55.... I saw him turn on the car with the lights so I just pulled right over in front of em and waited....

He pulls up lights blaring says, hey, thanks for pulling right over, you know how fast you were going? I said, not too fast. He said 90, I said probably, yea. He said if my license is ok, he'll give me a warning....

sweet! never got a warning in my life, especially from a florida trooper! need to get another V1.....
Old 03-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

I get the urge to run over peds more often than to run from the cops...idk just once i would love to gun the car while they are walking..just once!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Almost a Member!

2007 GL450
Riding south on an interstate in Vermont at night, no traffic, my brother driving his mustang at about 85. Pass a state police sitting in a center turnaround, of course we look to see if he pulls out and he does. I am thinking it is ticket time, my bro has opposite reaction - it is run time.

He immediately turns off his lights, downshifts and floors it, we are FLYING down the highway in the pitch dark, no headlights, no dashboard lights. Hilly and curvy. He comes up on another turnaround, starts downshifting like crazy (so the cop sees no brake lights), he cuts through the turnaround, we are then heading north still with our lights off just as the cop comes by with his roof rack fully lit and flashing. After he goes by, my brother turns on his headlights, goes to the next exit, gets off, we sit for 15 minutes then resume our travels. At the legal speed.

While we are sitting waiting for time to go by I ask wtf??? He opens the center console where he keeps his registration and there is a .357 magnum and a bag of weed on top of it.

Needless to say, I was not happy with my bro.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
whatever qt Pie...Your the 1 runnin your mouth, i thought maybe if you had an issue we can handle it, the internet thug thing? no that wasnt what i was tryn to act like, The reason I gave you my email was so we can handle this outside the forum so we dont ruin the thread and so on, and have a problem with the G0ds in charge...get a life, lol yeh Son, the only thing with that is, im doing what your doing, so if id have to get a life, that would mean youd need one to qt pie...anyways im done with this... Happy Driving
Agreed,

Roman, you're a newbie to this forum, if you're to start quarrels with people here I guarantee you that you won't last long here. Take it outside the thread, and keep it on topic.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
I ran a total of 3 times. Once in the ML55 and twice in my A4.

The first time I was heading over to my friend house doing about 90 down a sweeping turn, I fly right by a state trooper, KA blasts off on the V1 behind me, I downshifted to 4th hit about 110, get off at the first exit, and take backroads to friends house. It was dark so Im sure the cop didnt get more than black sedan.

The second time I was out on Sunrise highway in long island, a Scion XB was acting tough, I figure I indulge the guy as he is driving a refrigirator on wheels. We take off I take him very easily, at about 80 we both fly past a Nassau County cruiser, KA goes off behind me, I quickly shift lanes, go down a dark neighborhood and go back out the other way. I had a buddy following me in a C43 far back, the scion got pulled over...

And most recent was me driving from my school down to a friends house, I was on a parkway pacing a FX35 in the ML at about 85 (the Fx was doing about 90) The cop hits the fx with radar and me as well. I quickly floor it and head for a east bound exit (In the rearview I see the cop spinning as he was on a sheet of ice unable to get out) I get off at the exit, pop a u turn and then go west to throw off the cop incase he does finnally get unstuck. Got to friends house in 10 minutes no problem. On the way back the cop wasn't there. Not like black mercedes suv description would've helped as there are TONS of black ML's out in long island.

I don't run if I see that the situation is unfavorable.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:52 AM

1993 190E 2.6
Originally Posted by Fikse
never tried running..... although I've thought about it...

a few weeks ago I was in the Viper going just under 100MPH on I75 at 2:30am.... I come around the bend and see the two FHP troopers sitting there.... I thinking **** **** ****, the V1 is in the E55.... I saw him turn on the car with the lights so I just pulled right over in front of em and waited....

He pulls up lights blaring says, hey, thanks for pulling right over, you know how fast you were going? I said, not too fast. He said 90, I said probably, yea. He said if my license is ok, he'll give me a warning....

sweet! never got a warning in my life, especially from a florida trooper! need to get another V1.....

Yeah the florida troopers in Tampa bay area drive either a Camero with a LT-1 (***** *** fast) and there is this maruder, some kind of grey grand marquee but suped up. Its a V-8 supercharged with dual exhaust. Thats the fastest police car in Tampa so I've heard.

I was doing 115 in a black Jaguar S-type once, saw a State trooper on the side of the road. I didnt bother to slow down when he saw me. I wanted to see how long it would take him to catch me. I wanted to know how fast those little Camero's were. Well I learned very quickly, pretty darn fast. When I saw him coming, he was hauling ***. He FLEW by me. He must have been doing in the 180 area. I almost shat myself when he came by me. Turns out, I was going over a 8 mile long bridge, howard frankling. On the other end of the bridge, i saw him and about 7 other cars. Theres guys on the ground arrested, cops pointing guns on them. Some white box truck on the side of the road. And, a smile on my face.

The cop must have just gotten the call as I passed by him to help with whatever the hell happend with that truck.

I wouldnt call that a run, as much as I would say it was a lucky day. I would enver run from a state trooper, or the maurder. I dont care what im in. That grand marquee is desgned to catch anything on the road. ANYTHING.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
wheee

(btw I'm not gonna tell you the story )
Old 03-18-2007, 03:20 AM

1993 190E 2.6
You must have a very steady hand bcause I know at 168, im not letting go of the wheel to get out the camera phone.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
GM quality factiod: in the side of the C5 popup headlamps are these rubber plugs that cover access holes to the headlamp aiming screws. They fly off at about 140mph.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt
Agreed,

Roman, you're a newbie to this forum, if you're to start quarrels with people here I guarantee you that you won't last long here. Take it outside the thread, and keep it on topic.
Ive been a member of this forum for 15 months... How is that a "newbie"?
Old 03-18-2007, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Once with my bike...
Now i think of it, that was dumbest thing i've ever done.. why risk ur life and others for couple $100
Old 03-18-2007, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Ive been a member of this forum for 15 months... How is that a "newbie"?
Post count =). Im a member over at supra forums for 2 years, but Im never on the site. Get my point?
Old 03-18-2007, 01:19 PM

Post count =). Im a member over at supra forums for 2 years, but Im never on the site. Get my point?

That would make sense if you dont own a Supra...

I own three MBs...
And I simply like to read more than I post.

Last edited by RomansDad; 03-18-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is Sick as Fu*k
Agreed,

Love You ....

anyways, Glad to see people still posting, and people have intresting stories to tell...Keep them comingggg
Old 03-22-2007, 06:00 PM

AMG GTS
Alright this happened about 30 minutes ago but I'm in class now...
Well today was a great day in San Francisco..70 degree weather sunshine...and of course I had to have the windows down (hate using the A/C)...so I was driving down this street...came up on a stop sign and I did a rolling stop (my teacher says I HAVE to stop being late for class...so I made an effort...)...and I looked left after I "stopped" and I saw that a cop just turned onto the street perpendicular to the street I was on...so I continue driving...with the thought "sh** I hope he doesn't turn onto my street" and he gets right behind me....thankfully a car backed out of its driveway and puleld in front of the cop...so I turned right on the next intersection...and drove calmly...but seeing the cop actually is on the same road...and thank goodness again more cars pulled out from their parking spots (really busy street...a lot of stores)...so when I saw about 3 cars in front of the squad car I turned right and did about 60mph up that block...turned right...and knowing that the street I was on had no stop signs for a couple blocks and it was uphill....I hit about 60 or 65mph up the hill...then turned right...(pretty much traveling the path on when I first saw the cop)...and just continued home to pick up my homework and continue on to class...not much of a runaway but I had to avoid getting that "rolling stop" ticket...didn't wanna be late or have some 150 dollar ticket on the back of my mind for the rest of the day...hah. I haven't gone WOT in a long long time...feels pretty good to do it once again...surprised at the torque in the car...i barely use it