Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

SL55 vs Shelby500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good kill...SL55 I believe are heavier than the GT 500 so stock to stock it will be a drivers race imho...But damn you got 550hp so its not rocket science that you raped him lol..... I'd buy a regular Vette before I buy one of those GT 500 for 50k....Car is waaaay too heavy but has good power but apparently not good at the track as the numbers would suggest....SL55 would probably beat one around a circuit track as well...Check out the results of C & D lightening lap...4+ mile lap of VIR and a regular 400hp C6 Vette rapes it by almost 3 secs..........

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...000-page5.html
Old 04-13-2007, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Gotta love American "Muscle" ...they think they own the road in a GT500...I'd buy a Z06 or better yet a Viper before I ever pay that much for good old american ford sh*t (excludes Ford GT) haha
Old 04-13-2007, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Everybody flips the bird to AMG owners. Heck, even I do.

Seriously, I've seen the website where you post pictures of yourself flipping the bird at Hummers. Maybe there is another one out there for AMG.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
Originally Posted by 350Zman
Good kill...SL55 I believe are heavier than the GT 500 so stock to stock it will be a drivers race imho...But damn you got 550hp so its not rocket science that you raped him lol..... I'd buy a regular Vette before I buy one of those GT 500 for 50k....Car is waaaay too heavy but has good power but apparently not good at the track as the numbers would suggest....SL55 would probably beat one around a circuit track as well...Check out the results of C & D lightening lap...4+ mile lap of VIR and a regular 400hp C6 Vette rapes it by almost 3 secs..........

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...000-page5.html
OMG a 350Z beat out the new Evo MR. The ricer boys are probably foaming at the mouth after reading that. I can only imagine...
Old 04-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by RBrenton
Everybody flips the bird to AMG owners. Heck, even I do. ........
So that was YOU !!!

Old 04-14-2007, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Hey on top gear the GT500 is a GT500....ALMOST!!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 02:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by TopGun32
the GT500's only need 1 pulley change... and its actually alot easier than our crank pulley swaps.

so.. be careful when you keep on picking on these cars..

they are heavy 3800lbs+ on a good day.

they run high 12's to mid 12's and trap about 112 to 113 on pretty much evey car mag.

those numbers are very close to stock 55's. But stock vs stock the AMG due to easier launch, will probably win. A good driver on the GT500 will make it a good even race.

since your SL is modded, I can see pulling away without problems.

I have yet to run one, but I have seen a few around. Its a matter of time.

GT500 are not cheap.. sticker says 40k+ but i have read about crazy dealer mark ups.. so I would not be surprised someone paying $50k for stang.
I think the problem here was that there was a turn onto the freeway. Possibly if he didn't have to negotiate the corner and the gearbox, he may have faired a bit better.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
OMG a 350Z beat out the new Evo MR. The ricer boys are probably foaming at the mouth after reading that. I can only imagine...
Was this really necessary???btw they are both Japanese cars aka rice so what the *** are you talking about? We all know the Z is slow in a straight line but its quite capable in the twisties....It was 1-2 seconds behind two 500hp cars[GT500/M6] on a 4+ mile twisty track despite being straight line slow...That impresses me more than beating an EVO....Honestly dont get the hate for the Z...Hating some of its owners I can understand..But the car is a legit sportscar. Some of you guys are funny though keep the hate coming
Old 07-21-2007, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by 350Zman
Was this really necessary???btw they are both Japanese cars aka rice so what the *** are you talking about? We all know the Z is slow in a straight line but its quite capable in the twisties....It was 1-2 seconds behind two 500hp cars[GT500/M6] on a 4+ mile twisty track despite being straight line slow...That impresses me more than beating an EVO....Honestly dont get the hate for the Z...Hating some of its owners I can understand..But the car is a legit sportscar. Some of you guys are funny though keep the hate coming
I took the comment completely differently... I took it to say "ricers" (i.e. Japanese car enthusiasts) would be surprised that a Z beat an EVO MR around VIR. Agreed that some Z drivers are dicks, though. Not sure about the "legit sportscar" opinion - depends on how you define a sportscar I guess.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:53 AM

2007 CLS550 (Dad's) 2007 Hummer H2 (Mine)
My parents put in an order for the GT500KR about a month ago. So it'll be interesting to see how that goes. I think base is around $55,000, but I know guys who have locked their dealers into $73,000, and that's the lowest I've seen. It's definitely a beautiful car, but we all like the Camaro, especially after seeing the Transformers movie, and decided that maybe since it shouldn't depreciate too much, if anything it might go up, we should sell it as soon as the new Camaro comes out and get 3 of them for the price of one GT500KR. Good job on the kill though, I've got a friend with one and I don't think a single part of it is stock and the thing straight up flies. He has alot of problems with traction and handling though. It kinda ruins it because he can't get off the starting line without spinning the tires for a second or two, and that pretty much negates any lead he could have had over whoever he's racing. And forget about it on the twisties, he'd end up upside down on the shoulder of the first turn.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by JOlsen
My parents put in an order for the GT500KR about a month ago. So it'll be interesting to see how that goes. I think base is around $55,000, but I know guys who have locked their dealers into $73,000, and that's the lowest I've seen. It's definitely a beautiful car, but we all like the Camaro, especially after seeing the Transformers movie, and decided that maybe since it shouldn't depreciate too much, if anything it might go up, we should sell it as soon as the new Camaro comes out and get 3 of them for the price of one GT500KR. Good job on the kill though, I've got a friend with one and I don't think a single part of it is stock and the thing straight up flies. He has alot of problems with traction and handling though. It kinda ruins it because he can't get off the starting line without spinning the tires for a second or two, and that pretty much negates any lead he could have had over whoever he's racing. And forget about it on the twisties, he'd end up upside down on the shoulder of the first turn.
Yeah, after seeing Transformers and all, the new Camaro looks pretty sick. That Saleen Mustang was totally badass though.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:32 AM

95 sl320 silver
mustang

Originally Posted by blazinginder
Gotta love American "Muscle" ...they think they own the road in a GT500...I'd buy a Z06 or better yet a Viper before I ever pay that much for good old american ford sh*t (excludes Ford GT) haha
no lsd i believe/ not very modern
Old 10-04-2007, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by JOlsen
What did they like so much about the GT500KR?

I always have a tough time understanding why people are willing to shell out multiples of 10G over sticker for those cars.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:01 PM

shelby
Funny I drive Shelby and kill your asses all the time, don't think they were racing.Next time pull up to them at about 60 and blow horn three times and see who gets smoked!
Old 06-05-2020, 10:51 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
SL55 AMG, CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Shelby GTRAG
Funny I drive Shelby and kill your asses all the time, don't think they were racing.Next time pull up to them at about 60 and blow horn three times and see who gets smoked!
Lol what a dork. Drop a pin, sweetie. I'll come show you the rearends of all my amgs. Look fast though, they'll disappear quickly if you're in that POS.
Old 10-17-2022, 06:50 PM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Mercedes e350 coupe
Yikes!

If Miss Shelby was fashionably late arriving to the gay bar,,,hopefully you had the decency to pre order him/them a shot of whiskey and a slug of beer ...prior to their arrival....with a bev nap, breath mint., pickled egg,. and a hug. Arm wrestling optional.

Yup.

Snarla