Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Dubai races-SLR vs C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by RomansDad

Beverly hills DOESNT impress me.... I LEFT that sh*thole a year ago.
You're calling BH a "****hole." There isn't exactly a lot to do in OC.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:53 AM

Lamborghini Countach, BMW M3, ML 500 x2, S500 Lorinser
Originally Posted by vader
With all due respect Roman...I don't see Countach's doing very well at auctions yet. I think the latest variants do better than early ones....early straight axle thru mid-year Corvettes...special Corvettes not run of the mill cars are VERY strong right now. For Allen to call them POS shows he really knows nothing about cars. And if I saw the video right if thats him...calling some guys car a Fiero...well thats pretty tough of him don't you think ? If he pulled up to you on the street and said that 10 year old crap to you wouldn't you want to soften his skull just a little ?
Actually, its the other way around.... the early pre-'80 countaches are going for $300-400K.... The later models (5000s, QVs & 25ths) havent gone up that high yet, but a well sorted Downdraft is $150K+... FI is less... 100K-110K for the entry (If you get the car for less than $110K, youre going to spend the difference getting it road worthy). If you have ACTUAL examples of Countaches (ANY YEAR) going for less than 80K, they are STORY cars.... And will take a LOT of money to get right. Trust me.... Im aware of EVERY public countach sale that has occured in the last 5 years, and the 60K number that Kelly BB lists is a figment except for basket case cars (some of which would take WELL over 60K additional just to get on the road, let alone be proud of).
Low Mileage "Museum pieces" (less than 1000 KM) are $150K, PLUS they would need a full mechanical rebuild (rebuilt engine internals, all drivetrain seals, shocks and tires) to get on the road... Cars cant sit for 20 years and then do 8000 RPM without something blowing up....

Less than 2000 countaches built in 15+ years of production. A lot of those have ended up in Japan in private collections.... There just arent a lot of GOOD cars to buy... The good cars that are out there, DONT COME UP FOR SALE VERY OFTEN.... Mine will never be for sale again... The cars that DO come up for sale, are more often cars with issues... Which is why they can go for less money...

I looked for my car for three years... I bought the first "Acceptable" car I came across not knowing when I might find another... In the two years since I have seen 2 other cars I would have considered buying.... Both were WAY over $100K. Three cars in five years that I, a person KNOWLEDGEABLE of COUNTACHES would have considered purchasing... Im sure if I was looking at Pre 1970 vettes I would have had my choice of DOZENS in any color combo I wanted in that amount of time....

I would love a DD, but I live in the peoples Republic of California and smogging a DD is basically out of the question... SO FI it is.... Regardless, its a FABULOUS car, and anybody who says otherwise either hasnt spent the time to tame the car or is just insane. Im a BIG guy... Probably one of the biggest guys to ever drive a countach.... And the car is plenty comfortable.... Yes, you cant just hop in and drive it well... Its a DRIVERS CAR, and those of us who love it, appreciate that.... IT WILL NEVER be desirable to lazy drivers.... Or to people who sit in it for 5 minutes and write their allotted two column inches based on that. But for the rest of us, it is a religious experience.

Nobody is arguing special corvettes arent doing well right now.... ALL CLASSIC CARS (pre 1973 oil crisis cars) are doing well right now....

And as far as him calling the Ferrari guys car a Fiero, say what you will about allan, but he has no fear of saying it to the guys FACE.... He doesnt hide behind a screen...

And no... Im not going to lose my temper over someone "dissing" my car (Christ I hate that term)... But I could DEFINITELY sympathize with somebody losing his temper over others calling his 30 year old wife an old woman not to mention the other vile crap that has been said about her here.

Last edited by RomansDad; 05-29-2007 at 01:25 AM.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:56 AM

Lamborghini Countach, BMW M3, ML 500 x2, S500 Lorinser
Originally Posted by transferred
You're calling BH a "****hole." There isn't exactly a lot to do in OC.
That really depends.... If youre a twenty year old kid, yeah, the city is the place to be... And thats where I was for those years of my life... I did the 24 hour party until I was 35.....

When you grow up however you become very cognizant of the general filth, congestion, crime, decay and stench of the city around you.... And if youre smart, YOU GET THE HELL OUT.

And if by chance there is SOMETHING I want to do in the city, its a 45 minute drive up the road.... In the meantime, I dont have to live in that nightmare the other 23 hours of the day....

Last edited by RomansDad; 05-29-2007 at 01:01 AM.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
No.... Italian... Half Roman Half Sicilian....

And we named the dog Roman.
i see.... cute dog

im tired of arguin with you guys for abso****inglutely no reason

"see" you around

allanmylamboisthegreatestcarever is still a troll
Old 05-29-2007, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Nobody is arguing special corvettes arent doing well right now.... ALL CLASSIC CARS (pre 1973 oil crisis cars) are doing well right now....

And as far as him calling the Ferrari guys car a Fiero, say what you will about allan, but he has no fear of saying it to the guys FACE.... He doesnt hide behind a screen...
Didn't know the early ones are the best...but it makes sense. As for the Fiero clip. You know if he did it to you...you would think he was a smarmy jerkoff too. It was fairly infantile. Whether he thinks he is bad enough to say it to the guys face means nothing. I am sure you would agree the morgue is always full of guys like that.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GL550 , CL6.3 AMG
Hey GUY STOP THIS DISCUSSION

ON THE VIDEO - Z06 IS NOT STOCK. IT HAS 550HP...
MY FRIEND KNOWS THIS Z.NO WAY FOR STOCK Z TO BEAT SLR...
Old 05-29-2007, 10:33 AM

How the hell does an MBboard get on a Z06 vs. Gallardo thread. And you people call yourself a credible forum. Thats a laugh.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Guys, please act your ages and lay off the public and private threats.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Regardless... Come out to PAG on the 9th.... You dont need to see the exotics.... Just come tell me what a moron I am to my face... (and p.s... the lambo guys are laughing at you again... they know whats on the other side of THIS screen.... Youve ALREADY biten off more than you can chew.)

So come on.... Dont worry about me biting off more than I can chew.... Ill worry about myself... You do the same... internet tough guy.

I've never met a REAL tough guy who needed to tell everyone how tough he was.

BTW, they were cracking on his EX-wife.

Now, back to your regularly-scheduled circle-jerk
Old 05-29-2007, 01:01 PM

C32
Originally Posted by John 99CLK430
Hey, just like your wife(s)
simply the best post of this thread.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This thread is hilarious

All I got from it, is that AllanLambo is well known in the senior citizens community as a loud mouth Gigelow. Romans Dad, STFU with your old *** Lambo. You need to take that **** back to the disco.
Only a little man would put people down for the type of car they drive, to make themselves feel better. Your not a man , your a *****.

THe funny thing is, you guys talk about how exclusive your cars are. Well, I happen to live in Orange county, and sorry to burst your bubble, but Your cars arent very exclusive around here at all. My ML 63 is more exclusive than your Lambo Now thats sad. I Have not seen ONE ML63 on the road. But ive seen plenty of AUDIS, I mean Gallardos.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
What an entertaining thread.

I do find it pretty pathetic though how some of these lambo guys come onto these forums and make all these assumptions about someone's financials just because of the car he drives.

I know a guy with 100+ million and he drives around in a Toyota Camry. I also know a guy who sold a company for 60 million and he drives in a Lincoln Navigator. Nothing special. You can't judge people by the car they drive. I also know a guy who is in serious debt yet he owns a million dollar boat. Please grow up. You have no idea how much money someone has or what position they are in by reading their signatures.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:54 PM

AHHH see i knew i had seen a bunch!
Old 05-29-2007, 01:55 PM

Old 05-29-2007, 01:56 PM

HAHA there deleting my post now....well basically all i said is there is now way that your mercedes minivan is more exclusive then a lambo

Last edited by veritas; 05-29-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Originally Posted by veritas
HAHA there deleting my post now....well basically all i said is there is now way that your mercedes minivan is more exclusive then a lambo
Your last post was deleted due to TOU violations.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

In this case, it is. I know its sad. How many ML63 have you seen on the road?
Exactly
Old 05-29-2007, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
This thread is hilarious

All I got from it, is that AllanLambo is well known in the senior citizens community as a loud mouth Gigelow. Romans Dad, STFU with your old *** Lambo. You need to take that **** back to the disco.
Only a little man would put people down for the type of car they drive, to make themselves feel better. Your not a man , your a *****.

THe funny thing is, you guys talk about how exclusive your cars are. Well, I happen to live in Orange county, and sorry to burst your bubble, but Your cars arent very exclusive around here at all. My ML 63 is more exclusive than your Lambo Now thats sad. I Have not seen ONE ML63 on the road. But ive seen plenty of AUDIS, I mean Gallardos.
Putting down a historicly significant car that had millions of kids drooling over the posters on their walls, and saying that an ML63 is more exlusive is the most retarded post of this thread (other than claims that Allan's wife is 63).
I've seen 1 Countach on the roads in my life, I've seen at least 5-6 ML63s only last month. For an avarage guy ML63 looks just like another ML. A big SUV with a middle age woman driving. For the most of the car guys ML63 is a fast SUV that will cost probably about 10% of its original price in a couple of years.
For a guy that has the means to afford an ML63 you're not showing much intelligence or car knowledge.

Last edited by Hovik; 05-29-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Hovik
Putting down a historicly significant car that had millions of kids drooling over the posters on their walls, and saying that an ML63 is more exlusive is the most retarded post of this thread (other than claims that Allan's wife is 63).
I've seen 1 Coutach on the roads in my life, I've seen at least 5-6 ML63s only last month. For an avarage guy ML63 looks just like another ML. A big SUV with a middle age woman driving. For the most of the car guys ML63 is a fast SUV that will cost probably about 10% of its original price in a couple of years.
For a guy that has the means to afford an ML63 you're not showing much intelligence or car knowledge.
In defense, in the past few months I've seen about 4 ML63s on the road. In my entire lifetime I think I've only seen maybe 3 Countachs.

The reason why the ML63 is so rare (if even called that) is because not too many people want a 500+hp SUV that cost around $100,000. No offense at all, I love AMGs and the ML63 is beautiful. But hes got a point...
Old 05-29-2007, 03:45 PM

In this case, it is. I know its sad. How many ML63 have you seen on the road?
Exactly
LMFAO! well theres 2 in my neigborhood,and i cant think of 3 seperate times ive seen ML63'S in the last week.But then again i live in Utah which is the soccer mom minivan/suv capital of the world.
A ML63 is about as exclusive as having a membership to a gym
Old 05-29-2007, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
In defense, in the past few months I've seen about 4 ML63s on the road. In my entire lifetime I think I've only seen maybe 3 Countachs.

The reason why the ML63 is so rare (if even called that) is because not too many people want a 500+hp SUV that cost around $100,000. No offense at all, I love AMGs and the ML63 is beautiful. But hes got a point...
I never said that the countach isnt rare. I said that Lambos in general are an every day site here in O.C. and that I have yet to see another ML63 on the road.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:57 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 Mercedes E63 S, Boring SUV, 2015 CLS63 AMR Stage 1 (traded), 2015 Audi S8 w/ APR stage 2 (sold)
This entire thread is getting a bit ridiculous and very boring.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:58 PM

and that I have yet to see another ML63 on the road.
well im sure you wouldnt have to look to hard! try your local grocery store,salon or soccer field

Last edited by veritas; 05-29-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

well im sure you wouldnt have to look to hard! try your local grocery store,salon or soccer field
Im sorry those are the major attractions over there in Mormon Ville
Old 05-29-2007, 04:49 PM

Im sorry those are the major attractions over there in Mormon Ville
Wow how did i see that coming you clever fellow you..
I Would be butt hurt to if i spent 85k on a goofy looking soccer mom suv that while may be fast still looks like every other minvan on the road..
I bet when you brought your car home you got the following questions from your family and neighbors
A. "what is it??" ( i bet you got that quite a few times,then after having to explain to them its not just a REGULAR soccer mom Mercedes ML,that it has a special motor in it,they said "oh cool..."
B."How much did you pay for it??" (then after saying 85k,you recieved blank stares with a little nodding of the head,acknowledging what you said,but in dissbelief that they just heard you tell them that the goofy looking SUV in front of them cost as much as other much nicer luxury cars.
C."is it a SUV or minivan??" (and then you explained to them "its neither,its a sports car in a SUV'S body" and then they replied oh so its not a minivan?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.