Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Dubai races-SLR vs C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 Coupe
lol Improviz pwned allanlambo with the magazine warrior post.

Romansdad, be warned that allanlambo will probably diss you for not having a lambo from this decade lol. The countach is one great looking lambo and was cool for its time. But, your pic is right, i don't know why you would compare a lambo with a corvette, especially a countach which costs roughly the same as a new Z06. Lets see you could get a car that will absolutely DESTROY a countach in terms of performance, have a 100,000 mile warranty and not have the car in the shop every weekend. WHY would anyone compare that lambo to a corvette, when everyone knows the vette is so much better? And trust me I understand that countach is over 20 years old, but thats what is so great about the vette, it also beats current gen lambos like the gallardo.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Improviz
allanlambo doth speweth:

...and then proceeds to quote a magazine:

Might I remind you that it was you who claimed (falsely) that Sport Auto hadn't tested the Z06 at Nurburgring?

Well, they did. I corrected your false claim.

And of course, as is typical for you when you're shown to be wrong, you start in with the insults. "Magazine warrior"....lol. Yes, that's it: anyone (except you, of course) who posts magazine tests of lap times done by drivers like von Saurma, upon whose *** you are not one pimple, is a "magazine warrior".

Just as someone who posts the score for a superbowl game from Sports Illustrated would be a "sports magazine warrior", I guess. Or someone who reports the world record holder in the 100m dash is a "track and field magazine warrior", lol.

Now, here's the thing: it was YOU who first mentioned von Saurma, was it not? Yes, it was:

So please, spare us the insult-fest. You posted incorrect info, got called on it, and posting 50,000 other mag articles (magazine warrior!!!) won't change that. The data from von Saurma is still there, and it shows that the same driver, who FYI is not only a "magazine editor" but an accomplished driver who set a record for a production car on the Nurburgring, got better times, on two tracks, short and long, in the $65,000 Z06 than he got in a Gallardo costing around 3X that amount.

And in typical hypocritical fashion, after lambasting someone a few posts ago for comparing the 7'40" 'ring time for the Z06 done by Jan Magnussen to the time done by von Saurma in the Gallardo, because the times hadn't been done by the same driver, then what do you turn right around and do? Why, post a link to the times recorded at an Italian track by...drumroll please...it's coming...a bunch of different drivers!

I eagerly await your typical ad hominem response, which will surely fall into the "I'm so rich, you drive a CLK55", or "you're a magazine racer", etc. etc. etc....none of which, of course, will dispell the nasty little facts that you don't want to hear.
You are correct in your statements on the Z06 and Horst. BUT, the fact remains that the Z06 was nine seconds slower than Chevys published figure. So there is a 3 second difference between the Chevy and an 04 Gallardo which was tested, not a 12 second difference. As I said before, the Z06 is slightly faster than a Gallardo, and on a track of this length it would show. The previous Gallardo also recorded a 1.11.8 at Hockenheim. But what this has done, is shown that the Z06 IS not faster in every situation, nor on every track.

The fact remains, that the ONLY car you are qualified to discuss,is your 2001 CLk . That is the ONLY car, you yourself has first hand knowledge of. So knock yourself out. The difference between you and I, is that you can tell me what you read about a car like the Veyron, I can tell you what it drove like, felt like, sounded like, even smelled like.

As for the Gallardo costing 3x the amount of the Z06. Its worth it.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jakillo

Romansdad, be warned that allanlambo will probably diss you for not having a lambo from this decade lol. The countach is one great looking lambo and was cool for its time. But, your pic is right, i don't know why you would compare a lambo with a corvette, especially a countach which costs roughly the same as a new Z06. Lets see you could get a car that will absolutely DESTROY a countach in terms of performance, have a 100,000 mile warranty and not have the car in the shop every weekend. WHY would anyone compare that lambo to a corvette, when everyone knows the vette is so much better? And trust me I understand that countach is over 20 years old, but thats what is so great about the vette, it also beats current gen lambos like the gallardo.
The Countach costs as much as a new Z06? I dont think so. Youll need quite a bit more cash to get into that Countach.

You forgot one major difference between the Countach and the Z06. That 20 years from now, the Countach will be a half million dollar collector car, while the Z06 will be a forgotten junkyard parts car.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
vw
Originally Posted by allanlambo

The fact remains, that the ONLY car you are qualified to discuss,is your 2001 CLk . That is the ONLY car, you yourself has first hand knowledge of. So knock yourself out. The difference between you and I, is that you can tell me what you read about a car like the Veyron, I can tell you what it drove like, felt like, sounded like, even smelled like.

Hold on, I bet he played a lot of games on his Playstation to give us a qaulified driving opinion.

Last edited by TopCarbon; 05-28-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
E 320

Iron Sheik
Old 05-28-2007, 04:18 PM

2012 C63 Coupe
lol i hope one day god allows me to be as wealthy as allanlambo!

You say you've driven a veyron and that gives you experience with it. You don't know whether improviz has driven or experienced the Z06 or gallardo, which are the two cars we are talking about.

How come you don't own a veyron yet allan?

You say the vette is for people 20-21, I'm curious, what did you drive when you were 20-21?
Old 05-28-2007, 04:38 PM

lol i hope one day god allows me to be as wealthy as allanlambo!

You say you've driven a veyron and that gives you experience with it. You don't know whether improviz has driven or experienced the Z06 or gallardo, which are the two cars we are talking about.

How come you don't own a veyron yet allan?

You say the vette is for people 20-21, I'm curious, what did you drive when you were 20-21?

With your IQ level, I pretty much doubt youll ever be more than a janitor.

As for my first car.... Not my first car, but I had a Ferrari 328GTS before I turned 18. Bought and paid for by myself.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:53 PM

2012 C63 Coupe
haha I doubt I'll be a janitor, but that is quite an accomplishment, I'm impressed.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
You are correct in your statements on the Z06 and Horst. BUT, the fact remains that the Z06 was nine seconds slower than Chevys published figure. So there is a 3 second difference between the Chevy and an 04 Gallardo which was tested, not a 12 second difference. As I said before, the Z06 is slightly faster than a Gallardo, and on a track of this length it would show. The previous Gallardo also recorded a 1.11.8 at Hockenheim. But what this has done, is shown that the Z06 IS not faster in every situation, nor on every track.
I never said that there was a 12 second difference.

Hmm, what was it I wrote:
Originally Posted by improviz
I eagerly await your typical ad hominem response, which will surely fall into the "I'm so rich, you drive a CLK55", or "you're a magazine racer", etc. etc. etc....none of which, of course, will dispell the nasty little facts that you don't want to hear.
Predictable. And illogical, as always. A fact is a fact. I don't have to own a Lambo to be able to accurately report its lap times, any more than you have to own a Z06 to tell us its lap times, which you have done multiple times over the course of this post. Nor do I have to be a track and field runner to tell you the time Carl Lewis ran in the 100m dash, or to be a baseball player to tell you who has the home run record, nor do I have to own a race horse to tell you who won the Kentucky Derby.

What's amazing is that you continue to use this tired, lame tactic, as though it gets you any traction with anyone other than your minions, who are doubtlessly here at your invitation.

But that's the argument of first resort for you, isn't it allan? The minute anyone, and I mean anyone, gets you on the facts, you have to start with the same old tired class warfare arguments. Well, whoop-de-frickin'-do: Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Kenneth Lay, Dennis Kozlowski, Bernie Ebbers, and Saddam Hussein (who was, after all, a multibillionaire) all have (or had) money by the boatload. Wow.

On the other hand, Luis Pastuer, Jonas Salk, Mahatma Ghandi, Desmond Tutu, Alexander Fleming, Rosa Parks, and John Locke are/were of modest means.

Old 05-28-2007, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by TopCarbon
Hold on, I bet he played a lot of games on his Playstation to give us a qaulified driving opinion.
Hey, that's a pretty impressive feat there, typing that with one hand while jerking allan off with the other! I'll bet you can do a great job of balancing a ball (or two) on your nose and clapping your hands while allan throws you fish too, eh?
Old 05-28-2007, 05:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
vw
Hey, that's a pretty impressive feat there, typing that with one hand while jerking allan off with the other! I'll bet you can do a great job of balancing a ball (or two) on your nose and clapping your hands while allan throws you fish too, eh?
I must have really hurt you with my comment.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:21 PM

Lamborghini Countach, BMW M3, ML 500 x2, S500 Lorinser

Allan's not going to "diss" me.... Allan knows I could afford ANY CAR... And he knows why I love my Countach... Between you and me, Allan secretly wants a Countach as well.... He just doesn't admit it very often....

In terms of performance.... Allan also knows, I couldnt care less what a POS corvette can do... If I wanted to, I could build a GEO metro that will run 9 second 1/4s, blowing the doors off just about any car out there all for a fraction of the price of a vette. I don't want EITHER.

As far as being in the shop "every weekend", Ive owned my Lamborghini for 2 years now and it has NEVER been in the shop unexpectantly... And it gets driven several times each week.... Other than routine maintenance its needed NOTHING... (Oh wait, in the interest of full disclosure, I did replace the ignition last year... it took me two hours to do it and the parts were less than $500 ). So again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

And today, when I took my son down to the mall, in the three miles there, I saw LITERALLY dozens of Corvettes.... Funny... I dont think anybody else even noticed them. They were too busy waving at me and my boy, seeing the one and only Countach theyre likely to see this year... If they ever see one again.

Next you'll think I must be some sort of attention *****... Thats not true either.... I do however appreciate what seeing a Lamborghini, especially the rarer ones, does to people... Because I act the same way when I see one. I drive a work of art. You drive a boring, mass produced, cookie cutter that 20 years from now will be taking up precious landfill space.

Last edited by RomansDad; 05-28-2007 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:23 PM

With your IQ level, I pretty much doubt youll ever be more than a janitor.

As for my first car.... Not my first car, but I had a Ferrari 328GTS before I turned 18. Bought and paid for by myself.

And I will never let you forget it....
Old 05-28-2007, 05:40 PM

2012 C63 Coupe
Romansdad,

thats awesome you've had such good luck with your countach. I've just heard some horror stories from two other people I know who have owned them. You're completely right that the vette can't hold a candle to the looks of the countach. I love the car. That being said, the countach can't touch the package that the vette offers. I'm glad that you don't care how fast the vette is, I do and it is faster than the gallardo and in the videos originally posted faster than the SLR. And just so you know, I don't own a Z06, I'm just a fan. I'm also a fan of the countach, for exactly the reasons you state.

I'm not saying the Z06 is rare compared to a countach. However, the z06 is most definitely more rare than a regular corvette. In fact I think I've only seen three on the streets. I look at the z06 as a car that will be remembered as the car that shookup the exotic community. Clearly its not going to be the same as a classic lamborghini, however for its pricepoint its a hell of a competitor and a pretty cool ride that offers performance, comfort, convenience and good looks.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:41 PM

I never said that there was a 12 second difference.

Hmm, what was it I wrote:

Predictable. And illogical, as always. A fact is a fact. I don't have to own a Lambo to be able to accurately report its lap times, any more than you have to own a Z06 to tell us its lap times, which you have done multiple times over the course of this post. Nor do I have to be a track and field runner to tell you the time Carl Lewis ran in the 100m dash, or to be a baseball player to tell you who has the home run record, nor do I have to own a race horse to tell you who won the Kentucky Derby.

What's amazing is that you continue to use this tired, lame tactic, as though it gets you any traction with anyone other than your minions, who are doubtlessly here at your invitation.

But that's the argument of first resort for you, isn't it allan? The minute anyone, and I mean anyone, gets you on the facts, you have to start with the same old tired class warfare arguments. Well, whoop-de-frickin'-do: Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Kenneth Lay, Dennis Kozlowski, Bernie Ebbers, and Saddam Hussein (who was, after all, a multibillionaire) all have (or had) money by the boatload. Wow.

On the other hand, Luis Pastuer, Jonas Salk, Mahatma Ghandi, Desmond Tutu, Alexander Fleming, Rosa Parks, and John Locke are/were of modest means.

As I said, I learn on my own, you learn what is written. It is far better to have lived, than to have learned.

As for the magazines, you showed instances where the Vette was faster, I showed instances where it was not.

Time for you to get down to Barnes and Nobles and read through more magazines. Im certain you wont buy them, youll just read them there.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:50 PM

Romansdad,

thats awesome you've had such good luck with your countach. I've just heard some horror stories from two other people I know who have owned them. You're completely right that the vette can't hold a candle to the looks of the countach. I love the car. That being said, the countach can't touch the package that the vette offers. I'm glad that you don't care how fast the vette is, I do and it is faster than the gallardo and in the videos originally posted faster than the SLR. And just so you know, I don't own a Z06, I'm just a fan. I'm also a fan of the countach, for exactly the reasons you state.

I'm not saying the Z06 is rare compared to a countach. However, the z06 is most definitely more rare than a regular corvette. In fact I think I've only seen three on the streets. I look at the z06 as a car that will be remembered as the car that shookup the exotic community. Clearly its not going to be the same as a classic lamborghini, however for its pricepoint its a hell of a competitor and a pretty cool ride that offers performance, comfort, convenience and good looks.
Another one.... who has "HEARD" the horror stories. It is human nature to disreagrd what it is you cannot have.

As for the Countach touching the package the Vette offers. Thats laughable, considering that the Countach was designed 36 years ago. For the time the Countach was in production, up until its last year 1989, there was no stock Corvette that could hold a candle to the Countach.

As for the Z06 shaking up the Exotic car community, thats as redculous as saying a 5K modded 9second Pinto could shake up the Z06 community.

When you are of small mind, you dont realise, that the person buying the Lamborghini, Ferrari or whatever never even had the Vette in contention. The guys buying the exotics can buy the Vettes several times over, the Vette guys can only dream of the exotics.

Its like when Improviz goes into to the dealer to try and test drive a new Benz C230, and they make him fillout a credit app first.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
You forgot one major difference between the Countach and the Z06. That 20 years from now, the Countach will be a half million dollar collector car, while the Z06 will be a forgotten junkyard parts car.
Yeah, that's right!! Just like these, from the 2007 Barret-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, AZ:

For example, take a look at what the following 1963 Z06 pulled in:
1280.1 1963 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 327/360 SPLIT WINDOW COUPE Z06 TANKER 255000.00

Yeah, that's some expensive junkyard parts there!! Guess someone shoulda told that guy he was shelling out a cool quarter mil on a forgotten junkyard parts car!

Some other junkyard Corvettes, from the same auction:

1216 1954 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CUSTOM CONVERTIBLE 62000.00
1224 1967 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE 85000.00
1226 1965 CHEVROLET CORVETTE FI CONVERTIBLE 82000.00
1229 1964 CHEVROLET CORVETTE FI COUPE 80000.00
1235.1 1962 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE 120000.00
1239.1 1967 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 427/435 CONVERTIBLE 140000.00
1242 1957 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE 235000.00
1244 1965 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 327/300 COUPE 97500.00
1250.1 1957 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE 95000.00
1251.1 1967 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE 105000.00
1253 1961 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE 85000.00
1253.1 1967 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 427/390 CONVERTIBLE 95000.00
1256.1 1963 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE 110000.00
1259 1954 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE 97000.00
1261 1959 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 427 CUSTOM CONVERTIBLE 210000.00
1261.1 1967 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 427/400 CONVERTIBLE 160000.00
1263 1966 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE 110000.00
1267.1 1967 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 427/400 CONVERTIBLE 200000.00
1269.1 1967 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE 145000.00
1280 1963 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 327/250 SPLIT WINDOW COUPE TANKER 255000.00
1285 1967 CHEVROLET CORVETTE COUPE AKA: "THE LAST STING RAY" 600000.00
1289 1967 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 427/435 CONVERTIBLE 155000.00
1291 1958 CHEVROLET CORVETTE FI CONVERTIBLE 140000.00
1294 1953 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE 255000.00
1298.1 1958 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 150000.00
1308 1967 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE 200000.00
1320 1960 CHEVROLET CORVETTE FI CONVERTIBLE 80000.00
1321 1967 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 427/435 CONVERTIBLE 185000.00
1326 1967 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 427/435 YENKO 210000.00
1327 1969 CHEVROLET CORVETTE L88 COUPE 240000.00
1334 1967 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 427/435 CONVERTIBLE 240000.00
1334.1 1967 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 427/435 CONVERTIBLE 195000.00
1338 1967 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 427/435 COUPE 137500.00
1346 1966 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 427/425 CONVERTIBLE 145000.00
1347 1966 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 454 CUSTOM COUPE 130000.00
1354 1959 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CUSTOM CONVERTIBLE 180000.00
1355 1954 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE 80000.00
1364 1955 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE 125000.00

Old 05-28-2007, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
As I said, I learn on my own, you learn what is written. It is far better to have lived, than to have learned.
I see....so do tell: at what tracks, if any, do you currently possess a lap record? Because, after all, by your "logic", who own one, should be far more emminently qualified to lecture us on the relative merits of a Lamborghini than Horst von Saurma, who does not, afaik, own one.

So, please list the tracks, since you are "living it" as you put it. Also feel free to list the tracks at which you beat the times run by the fine drivers at Motor Trend, Road & Track, and Car & Driver, none of whom own a Lambo.

Just because you own a Picasso doesn't mean you can paint.

As for the magazines, you showed instances where the Vette was faster, I showed instances where it was not.
You showed one, I showed many.

Time for you to get down to Barnes and Nobles and read through more magazines. Im certain you wont buy them, youll just read them there.
As I've told you before: you assume a lot. You have absolutely no idea what my financial state of affairs is. If you do, post it. You have no clue, and are, as usual, simply making things up to support your preconceived notions.

Provide one instance of proof to support this, allan. You know my name? Where I live? My portfolio? My 401K? Please, by all means, share it with the forum.

To quote Sting: you still don't know nothin' 'bout me. Which, of course, doesn't prevent you from making it up.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:02 PM

2012 C63 Coupe
Allanlambo, you're right I haven't personally owned a countach. But I personally know of two owners, one of which has already sold his countach for a variety of problems. However, trust me I'm not disregarding what I can not have. If I really wanted to, I could get a countach. However, I'm 19 and the car would be unfitting of someone my age and also at my age I don't want an older car.

The z06 has shaken up the exotic car community. I know of someone who has more exotic cars than you do, who is currently thinking about getting a Z06 over a 430 coupe. Being the magazine warrior I am, I'm going to point out that in mag comparisons the Z06 has been compared with the 430, gallardo, noble etc... You don't see any modded geo metros being compared with 430's or gallardos do you? You're right, ferrari or lambo isnt going to be hurting from the sales of the z06, but it is very interesting to have a new American competitor added to the mix.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by TopCarbon
I must have really hurt you with my comment.
Oh, yes, third-grade insults always mortify me. Did you switch hands for this post?
Old 05-28-2007, 06:15 PM

Romansdad,

I honestly don't think its luck... I think there are some golden rules Countach owners need to learn before they get a car (1. drive the thing), and if they abide by them they are probably the BEST exotics for reliability and cost of ownership.

And it may be where I live, but Z06s are EVERY WHERE HERE.... The streets are lousy with them.

I dont argue that the Corvette isnt fast... And there is a lot of "BANG FOR THE BUCK"... But arguing over which car is a tenth of a second faster than another as if youre some sort of professional drag racer who is getting PAID to be a tenth of a second faster, is GAY.

My experience is, there is FAST ENOUGH, and NOT FAST ENOUGH.... ANY of these cars is going to be FAST ENOUGH for even the most skilled driver... And the skillset (or lack thereof) of the driver is going to make a lot more of a difference than a tenth of a second in a magazine....

As far as the vette "shaking up the exotic community" based on production numbers, it won't.... Because it isn't an "Exotic". Its a mass produced sports car.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:29 PM

Yeah, that's right!! Just like these, from the 2007 Barret-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, AZ:

Yeah, that's some expensive junkyard parts there!! Guess someone shoulda told that guy he was shelling out a cool quarter mil on a forgotten junkyard parts car!

There isnt a single car there from the 70's or 80's.... Just classic 50 and 60s cars that have had ground up restorations... They are rare because they WERE RARE, and most of them are off the road now (The remaining demand is just in check with the current classic car market boom, and even a little LOWER and anybody who follows Barrett Jackson knows, the classic car prices have been on a roll because the baby boomers are retiring and sinking their retirement money into the dream car from their childhood.... In ten years when the boomers have the choice between dropping dead or wearing depends, that market is going to pop so loudly its going to make the burst of the housing bubble sound like a fart.) The 55-69 Vettes are CLASSICS.... TIMELESS CARS.... They were classics then, and theyre classics NOW.... I could see buying a '57 vette for $100K.... They were lots of people's dream cars.... But I wouldnt give you a nickel for a 1980, 1988 or 1995 Vette. And twenty years from now, NOBODY ELSE WILL EITHER. There is nobody out there who is saying to himself, "Man.... My dream car is a 1985 Vette! I just cant wait to get enough scratch together to buy it!".

You really think that appreciation is going to apply for a 1988 vette??? Youre INSANE... Or the 2007 for that matter? You can get a 1988 vette for $5 grand right now. THATS the comp for the 2007 vette 20 years from now.

Last edited by RomansDad; 05-28-2007 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by RomansDad
There isnt a single car there from the 70's or 80's.... Just classic 50 and 60s cars that have had ground up restorations... They are rare because they WERE RARE,
Do you have production figures for the current Z06, compared to the classics? I.e., would you care to make this a fact-based, rather than a supposition-based, discussion?

and most of them are off the road now (The remaining demand is just in check with the current classic car market boom, and even a little LOWER and anybody who follows Barrett Jackson knows, the classic car prices have been on a roll because the baby boomers are retiring and sinking their retirement money into the dream car from their childhood.... That market is going to pop so loudly its going to make the burst of the housing bubble sound like a fart.) The 55-69 Vettes are CLASSICS.... TIMELESS CARS.... They were classics then, and theyre classics NOW.... I could see buying a '57 vette for $100K.... They were lots of people's dream cars.... But I wouldnt give you a nickel for a 1980, 1988 or 1995 Vette. And twenty years from now, NOBODY ELSE WILL EITHER. There is nobody out there who is saying to himself, "Man.... My dream car is a 1985 Vette! I just cant wait to get enough scratch together to buy it!".
Well, I don't profess to be a mind reader. Apparently, you are....so could you do me a favor, and tell me tomorrow's headlines?

You really think that appreciation is going to apply for a 1988 vette??? Youre INSANE...
Wow, you're really a nice guy....very classy. Two facts might interest you here: 1) I never said any such thing (1988? where the fvkk is this coming from??); 2) you're INSANE if you think I did. I'm talking about the new Z06, and if you don't think that it will, at some point, have some collectibility, you are INSANE.

Or the 2007 for that matter? You can get a 1988 vette for $5 grand right now. THATS the comp for the 2007 vette 20 years from now.
In 1972, you could by a 427 A/C Cobra for $3K. What do they go for now?
Old 05-28-2007, 06:49 PM

Just as you have shown, even the POS early 60's cars, which were extremely rare by comparison to todays car, arent worth ****, after ground up restorations. If you think any of the last couple of decades mass produced POS are going to be worth anything, your fooling yourself.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:58 PM

Well, I don't profess to be a mind reader. Apparently, you are....
As a matter of fact....

(The guys at Lambo power who are reading this and know me just laughed so hard they crapped themselves...)

You asked about production numbers for vettes-

2007~6000/yr.
1957 ~3000/yr.

But.... Even with half the production numbers, its taken 50 years to get up to the $100K level, and that wont last forever. This isnt inflation (which your $3000 shelby Cobra comment implies... $3000 in 1970 would buy a FERRARI as well... $30,000 would buy a nice HOUSE).

The point is, twenty years from now, the 2007 Vette will be worth VERY little... Whereas a 20 year old Lamborghini is worth QUITE A BIT.... Twenty years from now the Gallardo's and Murcielagos will still be in demand simply because of the lower production numbers. Just as the Countach and Diablos are today.

There are no 50 year old Lamborghinis (or then your list of 1950-1960 restored Corvettes would make sense) but a 1970 Miura is half a million dollars. 20 years from now, they will be well over a million.... Nothing on that list comes close.

Last edited by RomansDad; 05-28-2007 at 07:04 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.