Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

CLS63030vsZ06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by juicee63
Hey man thanks for showing up! I seem to also be having some traction issues the last few times at LACR. I nearly crashed on Wednesday as well. I think I need to keep the BFG on for palmdale. I ran at Irwindale Turs and di ok..8.117@87 1/8 mile woohoo..So I am headed to SAC. Sorry about the car man hard to control those TURBOs
Damn! tell us more about your "Nearly crashed on weds as well?" Glad you didn't smash it into the wall or worse another car/driver
Old 06-03-2007, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Thericker
Damn! tell us more about your "Nearly crashed on weds as well?" Glad you didn't smash it into the wall or worse another car/driver

Wed was the first time I felt unsafe in my car. At around 80 if floated towards the left barrier and on several runs I had to let off. Everyone said it was cross wind, I think it was too low a tire pressure? But yeah I saw so many cars go into the opposite lanes I stopped racing and had a BEER. Car was running real poor . I nearly called you as I drove through on my way up to SAC. Hope all is good with you and you are not getting into trouble. Happy Sunday
Old 06-03-2007, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Wed was the first time I felt unsafe in my car. At around 80 if floated towards the left barrier and on several runs I had to let off. Everyone said it was cross wind, I think it was too low a tire pressure? But yeah I saw so many cars go into the opposite lanes I stopped racing and had a BEER. Car was running real poor . I nearly called you as I drove through on my way up to SAC. Hope all is good with you and you are not getting into trouble. Happy Sunday
That sounds hairy! it's happened to me on the frwy late night (cold roads, worn tires) and aggressively manually shifting at high rpm's 70+mph the entire back end goes krazee I agree you prolly had to low a tire pressure, or maybe some fluids leaked on that part of the track

None the less a very uncomfortable feeling to say the least, glad you're alright! Call me next time 4 sure
Old 06-03-2007, 09:43 PM
FSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scary stuff huh! That track is very slippery. You should have been in our 550 horsepower lexus... man that thing was loose all the way down the track!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by FSR
Scary stuff huh! That track is very slippery. You should have been in our 550 horsepower lexus... man that thing was loose all the way down the track!
I saw it go sideways and it was great driving to get her down the track. Are you going to change the tires? Track was terrible .
Old 08-05-2007, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
OK so the Z I beat was a C5 Z06 not a C6, my bad.

But it had NOS
Old 08-20-2007, 06:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Some great runs tonight, E55, E63, 2 Z06 one on the bottle running low 12's. The other stock.

This time it was clear as day I peak over and in the left lane is a pewter Z06, it actually said Z06 on the side of the car. I had watched the other yellow Z06 run an 11.9@118 and was not feeling good about this matchup. Pull up to the tree and reel off a .038 reaction time jumping out on the Z06. I am ahead at 60 ft , 330 ft and 1/8th , he starts pulling but guess what race ends and the 63 holds off the lighter and equally powered vehicle. I know the Z06 drivers have to be pissed they are losing to 4 door 4500 lb cars. I shattered my previous best tonight and managed some incredible 60 ft times with my new pilot sport cups. The Z06 had the race continued would have rushed past but , he ran out of room. Oh the horror! So I am 2-0 racing the car that is faster than the SLR, LOL.

Obviously you raced a C5 Z06, NOT a C6 Z06-----they don't come in PEWTER?? ONLY basic Light Silver, black, red,yellow, Orange color, drk blue, & now white, he still should've beat you though C5 Z06 can trap consistantly 117-119 w/good driver/traction

You don't even know the difference beteween Gallardo/Murcie....lol...:smash
you need to get your cars straight

Last edited by Thericker; 08-20-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Z06/Z07, 2017 AMG GT
Obviously you raced a C5 Z06, NOT a C6 Z06...
And even a C5 Z06 on the bottle will run a lot better than a low 12. Sounds more like a fake badged C5.

Regardless, nice runs.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Thanks Howser, here is the deatil on the two Corvettes

Originally Posted by FSR
For what its worth, Im going to clear up a few things about this race.

1. the pewter car was a C5 zo6
2. it was running MT ET streets
3. it had and ATI Procharger.... 8 psi

the vette was a serious car, trapping 112 at LACR is not messing around in the least. BUT.. traction for the higher horsepower cars (especially on the top end) is crucial. the 2 z06s (the other spraying) were SKATING down the track.... if the pewter car got a good run (didnt all night) it would be EASILY an 11 second @ 120+ mph. the yellow car ran 123 mph.... thats good for 135 and 10s easy.

but this was a race at the dragstip where juice had the traction advantage, and pulled off a clean run. if it were a 1/2 mile race.. the vette would have walked him, but it wasnt.

anyway, juice, i didnt see your last few runs on wed, i had to take off... the lexus almost hit the wall, and the driver was a bit shaken up, so we left early.

see you next wednesday.

This Drag Strip is now closed forever. Sadly for me cause poor trction allowed me to beat alot of super cars.

so although I beat the Z06 I know it was solely due to slipping Vette wheels , oh well ,
Old 08-20-2007, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
This Drag Strip is now closed forever. Sadly for me cause poor trction allowed me to beat alot of super cars.

so although I beat the Z06 I know it was solely due to slipping Vette wheels , oh well ,
You need to CLARIFY it was a C5 Z06----NOT a C6 Z06: simply putting you beat a Z06 implies a lot....still HUGE differrence even if the C5 was superchrged, most likely Centrifugal = NO bottom end/low torque! C6 Z06 will kill it!
Old 08-20-2007, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by HOWSER
And even a C5 Z06 on the bottle will run a lot better than a low 12. Sounds more like a fake badged C5.

Regardless, nice runs.
+1
Old 08-22-2007, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
You need to CLARIFY it was a C5 Z06----NOT a C6 Z06: simply putting you beat a Z06 implies a lot....still HUGE differrence even if the C5 was superchrged, most likely Centrifugal = NO bottom end/low torque! C6 Z06 will kill it!

This car would destroy me with traction, he would squeeze and slide all over the place. This was a C5Z06 the Yellow car was a C6Z06 which I did not race

So whens it going down between the C6 and the 63?
Old 08-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
, he still should've beat you though C5 Z06 can trap consistantly 117-119 w/good driver/traction

:

How would you know what they run at the track?

Have you ever been?
Old 08-23-2007, 12:40 PM
ON PROBATION

Some great runs tonight, E55, E63, 2 Z06 one on the bottle running low 12's. The other stock.

This time it was clear as day I peak over and in the left lane is a pewter Z06, it actually said Z06 on the side of the car. I had watched the other yellow Z06 run an 11.9@118 and was not feeling good about this matchup. Pull up to the tree and reel off a .038 reaction time jumping out on the Z06. I am ahead at 60 ft , 330 ft and 1/8th , he starts pulling but guess what race ends and the 63 holds off the lighter and equally powered vehicle. I know the Z06 drivers have to be pissed they are losing to 4 door 4500 lb cars. I shattered my previous best tonight and managed some incredible 60 ft times with my new pilot sport cups. The Z06 had the race continued would have rushed past but , he ran out of room. Oh the horror! So I am 2-0 racing the car that is faster than the SLR, LOL.

The only problem with drag times is that your not raceing against the other cars capability...........your also racing against the guy driving and when it comes to drag racing there is much skill invloved in doing things correctly to get down the track. I for one suck at it. But I can tell you that in a striaght line from a roll or on the race track you wouldn't have a chance in hell of cloming close. If you want me to stage a race with my CLS and the Z06 I can do that too.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
How would you know what they run at the track?

Have you ever been?
God why are you still harping on this? I've told you all I've been many times (as a spectator only, I'm big fan, got into it from my grandparents)

I've yet to run any of my past or present autos due to 4+hr ONE WAY distance of 1/4 track from my house, When I was younger grandparents lived on the Eastcoast we went countless times, as far as my quoted Vette traps I found them online..

Sorry "Oh great track master"

How many times have we been over this now? You're like a broken record

Last edited by Thericker; 08-23-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:07 PM

Viper
OK so the Z I beat was a C5 Z06 not a C6, my bad.

But it had NOS
...just like it "definitely" had the air scoop?

Maybe the NOS was turned off. Personally I think the only way a Z06 is going to run 13.5 is if the NOS bottle was plumbed into the cabin and he'd been inhaling it for the whole ride to LACR.

Oh, and I know LACR sucks - I have hundreds of passes at that track, but you got REAL lucky - that was a horrible drive out of that Z06. It should easily be able to run mid 12's, even at LACR. It will dig into the 11's at a good track.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:10 PM

Viper
Originally Posted by AJGlobal
The only problem with drag times is that your not raceing against the other cars capability...........your also racing against the guy driving and when it comes to drag racing there is much skill invloved in doing things correctly to get down the track. I for one suck at it. But I can tell you that in a striaght line from a roll or on the race track you wouldn't have a chance in hell of cloming close. If you want me to stage a race with my CLS and the Z06 I can do that too.
Tru dat.

I lined up in my Viper against a guy in a Saleen with a turbocharged 351, full cage, NOS and it was putting down around 800RWHP. I was putting down around 420rwhp. I ran an 11.78@119 to his 12.2 at 140 or something. He spun off the line and kept spinning halfway down the track.

....so I immediately got on the Viper forum and was bragging about how my car was faster than an 800RWHP turbocharged NOS'ed 351 Saleen. Oh, wait, I didn't
Old 08-23-2007, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by corporate666
...just like it "definitely" had the air scoop?

Maybe the NOS was turned off. Personally I think the only way a Z06 is going to run 13.5 is if the NOS bottle was plumbed into the cabin and he'd been inhaling it for the whole ride to LACR.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Thanks, gret pics and without a question the car had that extra air intake so it was an 07. The difference is clear.
Jeez I can't believe you posted this?

I know we've done our arguing to death but such dis-information made this entire thread go krazzee..... Then I finally realized you posted it was a Pewter Z06, (As I previously noted the Z06 in 06-current doesn't come in this color, obvious C5 Z06)

Gotta pay closer atttn to these major details

Peace Out..
Old 08-24-2007, 05:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030

I know we've done our arguing to death but such dis-information made this entire thread go krazzee..... Then I finally realized you posted it was a Pewter Z06, (As I previously noted the Z06 in 06-current doesn't come in this color, obvious C5 Z06)

Peace Out..

I sriously got out and walked around that car, it looked exactly like the 07. Only reason I changed my tune was a MEMBER HERE who watched and knows the cars well cause they are his buddies posted FACTS about the two Corvettes. Whats so stupid about you nit picking is the PEWTER C5 is THE FASTER CAR. It beat the Yellow car and was on the BOTTLE.

Its really moot as I know as does everyone here that car destroys me if properly driven.

My intent , is not to show my car is faster but that i am better in my car than most drivers are in thiers.

I could care less about getting destroyed in TRAP SPEED or even ET as long as I run to the best of my cars ability and mine.

If you guys could read a time slip there are some amazing things about this one.

To the Viper driver who doubts a Z06 runs 13's at LACR. The dial times of the Z06 in the stock class on at least 12 members cars was between 13.1-13.5

They just cannot get traction, to avoid breakout they often roll out slowly then punch it and you can hear tires spin all the way down which leads to great traps and bad ET's.

I have done 700 plus runs in 3 months at LACR so i think I have seen more than a few Z06 runs, the Vipers do not do any better. AWD does great there , Stealths, Audi's Diesel trucks with TT.

Squeezing @ LACR is so dangerous , I am amazed anyone even does it. My low torque heavy 4 door coupe slides around
Old 08-24-2007, 05:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by AJGlobal
I beat this Corvettem, 1000 lbs lighter and on the bottle by more than ONE HALF SECOND, its DEMOLITION guys, stop trying to hate on the 63, its a consistant and great runner for a luxury car.

IT CAN BEAT MUCH LIGHTER AND FASTER CARS..
Old 08-24-2007, 05:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by corporate666
Tru dat.

I lined up in my Viper against a guy in a Saleen with a turbocharged 351, full cage, NOS and it was putting down around 800RWHP. I was putting down around 420rwhp. I ran an 11.78@119 to his 12.2 at 140 or something. He spun off the line and kept spinning halfway down the track.

....so I immediately got on the Viper forum and was bragging about how my car was faster than an 800RWHP turbocharged NOS'ed 351 Saleen. Oh, wait, I didn't
GREAT RUN, this is why we race!!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I sriously got out and walked around that car, it looked exactly like the 07. Only reason I changed my tune was a MEMBER HERE who watched and knows the cars well cause they are his buddies posted FACTS about the two Corvettes. Whats so stupid about you nit picking is the PEWTER C5 is THE FASTER CAR. It beat the Yellow car and was on the BOTTLE.

Its really moot as I know as does everyone here that car destroys me if properly driven.

My intent , is not to show my car is faster but that i am better in my car than most drivers are in thiers.

I could care less about getting destroyed in TRAP SPEED or even ET as long as I run to the best of my cars ability and mine.

If you guys could read a time slip there are some amazing things about this one.

To the Viper driver who doubts a Z06 runs 13's at LACR. The dial times of the Z06 in the stock class on at least 12 members cars was between 13.1-13.5

They just cannot get traction, to avoid breakout they often roll out slowly then punch it and you can hear tires spin all the way down which leads to great traps and bad ET's.

I have done 700 plus runs in 3 months at LACR so i think I have seen more than a few Z06 runs, the Vipers do not do any better. AWD does great there , Stealths, Audi's Diesel trucks with TT.

Squeezing @ LACR is so dangerous , I am amazed anyone even does it. My low torque heavy 4 door coupe slides around
Dooood! I'm not doubting you LACR is a major POS track no doubt....

Just there are HUGE differences in C5 Z06 appearance compared to C6 Z06
Old 08-24-2007, 05:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030

Peace Out..
yeah read my ORIGINAL POST , I said it was a Z06, and it was and is..PLUS ITS ON JUICE, why cant you ever leave me the **** alone. I go to the track and race and POST TIME SLIPS, WTF more do you want? Members here even witnessed my wins and were IMPRESSED and since they knew EXACTLY what the cars were running he POSTED IT!!

Only thing I said in the ORIGINAL POST WAS I BEAT A Z06, and this my friend is a BONIFIED truth
Old 08-24-2007, 05:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I beat this Corvettem, 1000 lbs lighter and on the bottle by more than ONE HALF SECOND, its DEMOLITION guys, stop trying to hate on the 63, its a consistant and great runner for a luxury car.

IT CAN BEAT MUCH LIGHTER AND FASTER CARS..
Lets RACE!!!!! for fun NO more anger or arguing, I respect all AMG's.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.