Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

2001 CLK55 vs Modified Old School Firebird

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL600 by SPEEDRIVEN
2001 CLK55 vs Modified Old School Firebird

It is not often that I get out in the car without the wife of kids. It is even less often that I happen upon another car that is willing to take a run. But, Saturday the two elusive events came together.

In short, I was heading back from picking up dinner, by myself, when I found myself in traffic next to a 1980's old school Firebird, complete with a large hood scoop, massive tires and a huge Tach/shiftlight. The gentleman driving the vehicle looked the part. He gave the expected gunning of the engine and tried to maneuver the Firebird in front of my car. I acknowledge the mild form of aggression and politely shut-down his ability to do so.

Unfortunately the cars in his lane slowed his forward progression . So, in order to capitalize on my luck, I exited onto a 3 lane highway where he could follow me and slowly waited for him to catch up. He took the bait. Once he came up on my side on this empty 3 lane highway, we floored it. It only took a few seconds for him to fall several car lengths behind. I then slowed for a corner known for being radared (I don’t know why police officers radar on corners). He blew by regardless of the potential danger.

Once I determined the road and was clear I caught back up and got behind him in his lane at the light. He was first of the line so he took the opportunity to experiance WOT. The CLK had no problem staying behind without losing any distance. I then pulled around him into the lane next to his and floored it again. The result was the same. He got smoked. At that point, the fun was over. He cruised up next to me- I honked, he waived and then I exited.

Dinner was just a little better that night.

Last edited by ashutt; 06-21-2007 at 11:22 AM.