Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

CLK500 vs E36 M3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
CLK500 vs E36 M3

Ok, this race happened a while back but my buddy finally got a video up. I had a full tank of gas and 2 passengers in my car. The M3 had 1 passenger. Both cars completely stock (except I have a subwoofer and 19" wheels which should make my car slower than stock).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lhPv-kNp7w

Note: This was done at the Englishtown dragstrip.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
vw
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Ok, this race happened a while back but my buddy finally got a video up. I had a full tank of gas and 2 passengers in my car. The M3 had 1 passenger. Both cars completely stock (except I have a subwoofer and 19" wheels which should make my car slower than stock).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lhPv-kNp7w

have ever written in invisible ink?
Old 09-01-2007, 08:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Z06/Z07, 2017 AMG GT

Nice race. Never been to Englishtown strip but was that a Suburban you two passed?

Yes, I'm kidding!
Old 09-01-2007, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209 CLK500, W221 S550
wow r u kidding? so you're telling me that my beater car that i'm saving up to buy right now is going to keep up pretty well with my clk?! damnnnnn
Old 09-02-2007, 12:05 PM

540 6spd
That M3 couldn't be stock if its keeping up w/ a CLK500 like that. They have 240hp. On the freeway at highspeeds horsepower reigns supreme.

I've race a E36 M3 once. I don't know if it was stock or not but I didn't have a problem keeping up with it. I've raced S500 (W220) and SL500 (R230) and they were close races too. A CLK500 is lighter than both. From a dig I can see an M3 keeping up as long as it's well driven, but as the speeds rise my money's on the CLK500.

Any of you guys ever dyno your 500?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by MidniteBluBenz
That M3 couldn't be stock if its keeping up w/ a CLK500 like that. They have 240hp. On the freeway at highspeeds horsepower reigns supreme.

I've race a E36 M3 once. I don't know if it was stock or not but I didn't have a problem keeping up with it. I've raced S500 (W220) and SL500 (R230) and they were close races too. A CLK500 is lighter than both. From a dig I can see an M3 keeping up as long as it's well driven, but as the speeds rise my money's on the CLK500.

Any of you guys ever dyno your 500?
I've been racing every car I could find for a while now. I have lots of experience racing and I know what my car can and can't do. I've beaten very fast cars before, when I had an ECU, exhaust, and air filters I beat an E46 M3 top-end.

I raced my other buddy with his E36 M3. He had no passenger and I had 1 in my car. I was able to pull about 3 or 4 lengths on him to about 135.

With this car I posted in the vid, I was totally amazed he was hanging with me! I've met the guy a few times, he's a cool dude, he even posted on here before https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w209/205026-my-clk500-getting-slower-slower.html

I don't know if my car is just running horrible or if he lied to me and had a NOS tank in the trunk lol...

BTW, yeah, there was some dude in a truck rolling through the middle of the drag strip, what a jerk!
Old 09-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
BTW, yeah, there was some dude in a truck rolling through the middle of the drag strip, what a jerk!
Should've said Mexico or something
Old 09-05-2007, 08:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Should've said Mexico or something
I said Englishtown on purpose, thought I'd add some entertainment to this thread lol.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:49 AM

I'm not sure why you guys are doubting the power of an E36....

My car is completely bone stock. I would not lie. No chip, no intake, nothing. I have a full system in my trunk also. I ran 13.9@100 at the track, which is what CLK500's should run stock.

We raced 5-6 times that night, and it was the same outcome every time, give or take for both of us. Either way, I've raced multiple cars in the same 13.9 range (SRT's, trailblazer SS', other friends we have) and had the same outcome that Bobby had with them. It wasn't a fluke or anything...

E36's are light cars and they were built well. I don't know why you are sleeping on them so much. They might not be that expensive anymore, but they're still one of the best buys you can get for the price.

Anyway, thanks for putting up that vid Bobby (or Paul). You guys should definitely post up the other ones too.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
I've been racing every car I could find for a while now. I have lots of experience racing and I know what my car can and can't do. I've beaten very fast cars before, when I had an ECU, exhaust, and air filters I beat an E46 M3 top-end.

I raced my other buddy with his E36 M3. He had no passenger and I had 1 in my car. I was able to pull about 3 or 4 lengths on him to about 135.
Well I'll definitely have to bring my lovely M332i (325i) around to sample the power you have! See ya next week.

And we are taking no prisoners. Here she is in the back and her brother is in the middle. The cousin is in the front.: I lined them up like this for a family shot. The step brother is the car below in my sig

(M332i) She'll be ready.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 09-14-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Lets do this man

Just wish this was last summer when I was modded lol. Oh well. I'll bring a camera-man lol.

And thats a real nice stable you got there. You track the Talon yet?
Old 09-17-2007, 07:36 PM

how u been bobby? did your dad get that gallardo instead of the SLR?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by PurduinaM3
how u been bobby? did your dad get that gallardo instead of the SLR?
Hey man, I'm good thanks. Yourself?
Yeah, he got the exact car in my sig. I like it a lot.

I haven't been on Central Ave on Thurs nights lately, I've been going to the Thurs night meet at Edgewater NJ...MUCH better cars and plenty of forum members.

Take it easy bro
Old 09-24-2007, 03:12 AM

Hey man, I'm good thanks. Yourself?
Yeah, he got the exact car in my sig. I like it a lot.

I haven't been on Central Ave on Thurs nights lately, I've been going to the Thurs night meet at Edgewater NJ...MUCH better cars and plenty of forum members.

Take it easy bro
I'm alright. Just working 24-7, going to class, and getting time to work on the car whenever I can. It's coming along nicely since summer Next time you see it, it should be boosted

As far as central ave, I'm about 1100 miles away now at school, so I haven't been there since the last time I was with you that one night. I kinda miss it, but the scene in Indy owns anything I've ever seen in NY.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
I'm alright. Just working 24-7, going to class, and getting time to work on the car whenever I can. It's coming along nicely since summer Next time you see it, it should be boosted

As far as central ave, I'm about 1100 miles away now at school, so I haven't been there since the last time I was with you that one night. I kinda miss it, but the scene in Indy owns anything I've ever seen in NY.
Oh ok. I was wondering where you disappeared to. Definitely give me a call when your back. E36 M3+Boost= One kickass car.

BTW, around Spring time I should have a new car. Then we can run your beast M3.

Take it easy bro, goodluck with class. Have fun out there.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:39 PM

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
I'm not sure why you guys are doubting the power of an E36....

My car is completely bone stock. I would not lie. No chip, no intake, nothing. I have a full system in my trunk also. I ran 13.9@100 at the track, which is what CLK500's should run stock.
Doesn't the CLK500 trap a little higher mph though? So, from a hwy roll race the CLK should pull a little.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
Doesn't the CLK500 trap a little higher mph though? So, from a hwy roll race the CLK should pull a little.
I raced my other friend who had a stock E36 M3 and I pulled on him on a highway roll and from the dig. This M3 was a different story...

Maybe its just a factory freak or a Euro version or it was modded by the pervious owner?

I've also been able to run with E39 M5's back when I had ECU and Exhaust...so idk, lol. A race is a race and anything can happen I guess.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:49 PM

Oh ok. I was wondering where you disappeared to. Definitely give me a call when your back. E36 M3+Boost= One kickass car.

BTW, around Spring time I should have a new car. Then we can run your beast M3.

Take it easy bro, goodluck with class. Have fun out there.
Thanks man. We'll definitely have to race again, even though I know whatever you get next will be absolutely SICK and redonkulously fast.

I raced my other friend who had a stock E36 M3 and I pulled on him on a highway roll and from the dig. This M3 was a different story...

Maybe its just a factory freak or a Euro version or it was modded by the pervious owner?

I've also been able to run with E39 M5's back when I had ECU and Exhaust...so idk, lol. A race is a race and anything can happen I guess.
It's not modded at all, and its definitely not the euro version (i wish )
I've beat every other E36 I've ever raced, modded or not. I'm gonna go with factory freak.

The other thing is though, almost all the E36's I've ever seen back home were higher mileage and looked to be beat on. Mine was garage kept by a doctor and is considerably low mileage. I don't think it was ever driven hard before me, and I think that makes somewhat of a difference.

Also, a lot of the ones back home are also 95's, which don't have the 3.2 and have different gearing. Despite what 95 owners say, these things do make a difference, and it showed when I beat a few modded 95's.

The other thing is, I had (have) a considerably heavy system in the trunk too while we were racing. That should have slowed me down somewhat. I just finished building it a few weeks ago and decided to pull the full size spare, and it feels a considerable amount faster now.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Thanks man. We'll definitely have to race again, even though I know whatever you get next will be absolutely SICK and redonkulously fast.

It's not modded at all, and its definitely not the euro version (i wish )
I've beat every other E36 I've ever raced, modded or not. I'm gonna go with factory freak.

The other thing is though, almost all the E36's I've ever seen back home were higher mileage and looked to be beat on. Mine was garage kept by a doctor and is considerably low mileage. I don't think it was ever driven hard before me, and I think that makes somewhat of a difference.

Also, a lot of the ones back home are also 95's, which don't have the 3.2 and have different gearing. Despite what 95 owners say, these things do make a difference, and it showed when I beat a few modded 95's.

The other thing is, I had (have) a considerably heavy system in the trunk too while we were racing. That should have slowed me down somewhat. I just finished building it a few weeks ago and decided to pull the full size spare, and it feels a considerable amount faster now.
Nice dude. Congrats then, you're lucky to have such a fine running beast . Can't wait to see the turbo setup. I've always loved E36's...and boosted ones are just amazing.

Oh, also about 2 weeks ago I popped my hood and was cleaning the engine bay when I realized one of my plastic intake tubes was loose and was actually slightly disconnected allowing for some air lose to the engine. That could have possibly affected me. I switched out the air filters for some new ones and reconnected the tube and it feels much better now. I also got a heavy subwoofer and I'd love to take it out along with the spare and enjoy the free performance gains, I gotta do it sometime.

See ya bro, send me a msg or call me when you're around. Peace.

Last edited by ItalianStallion; 09-30-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:47 PM

Nice dude. Congrats then, you're lucky to have such a fine running beast . Can't wait to see the turbo setup. I've always loved E36's...and boosted ones are just amazing.

Oh, also about 2 weeks ago I popped my hood and was cleaning the engine bay when I realized one of my plastic intake tubes was loose and was actually slightly disconnected allowing for some air lose to the engine. That could have possibly affected me. I switched out the air filters for some new ones and reconnected the tube and it feels much better now. I also got a heavy subwoofer and I'd love to take it out along with the spare and enjoy the free performance gains, I gotta do it sometime.

See ya bro, send me a msg or call me when you're around. Peace.
Turbo or AA SC. Haven't decided yet. If I do go with a snail, I'd want a GT35r or possibly even a 42. That means building and fabbing a custom top mount mani. Which means time and money. And S/C's are just coming down so far in price, that its tempting. We'll see though...

And I wish my system was as easy as that to pull out ... here are some of my most recent pics, but I've changed some things since...

Old 09-30-2007, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
VERY NICE my man! Keep me updated! Awesome
Old 09-30-2007, 04:37 PM

hmm, what else....

I bought a brand new wingless trunk lid, got it painted and got an e46 lip spoiler (wingless FTW), I got a new front lip, and a bunch of little ****. Suspension is almost finished, system is almost done now, and I got wheels/tires on the way Also did paintless dent removal and painted the rear bumper, so the car is in pretty much mint condition again. Almost ready for boost

Anything new on the CLK?

Edit: WTF, s h i t is censored? GAY!
Old 09-30-2007, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
The CLK is staying as is (I go through new rear tires about once every 2 weeks, ridiculous! and now I need new breaks). Lots of dumb money spent on keeping it running lol. But yeah, I'm leaving it alone because I'm getting a new car in the spring, so as tempted as I am I'm just leaving it alone. Wait till I get my next car though
Old 09-30-2007, 04:43 PM

haha, you *******, i know its gonna be sick.... whatever the hell you end up getting

If you ever need help getting any custom work done on your next car, let me know

Edit: OMGWTFBBQAGAIN?!!? b a s t a r d is censored too!!! What about ****? yup, c u n t also... *sigh*
Old 09-30-2007, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Us Mercedes owners are very high class people we don't appreciate fowl language.

Haha, sure thing bro. Take it easy man.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLK500 vs E36 M3