Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

SL55 v some turbo rice.......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bentley Flying Spur, CL550
Nice kill Ingenere. Out here in H-town ricers ALWAYS try and prove something to the big S. And everytime they get a royal spanking. AMG FTW!!

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
.....I am so glad I've outed SoS Swat as a 15 year old kid playing at an adult with a nice stable of cars....
I'm still laughing about this
Old 10-17-2007, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
A properly tuned Supra would decimate everything on this board, in a straight line or on a track
2JZ no *****. This will decimate all after you put about $15,000 in it...or more, if you have to overnight parts from Japan.

But seriously, obviously as CH already knows, the Supra when properly tuned is more or less unbeatable. That car is just a tuner's dream.

I think some people refer to any Japanese car with a spoiler or an exhaust as rice. Whether it be a G35, Nissan Z's, Supra, GT-R, or NSX. I always had major respect for Japanese cars as long as they are tuned right.

To me, rice is a car thats all show and no go; ie: the stock honda civics with the fart can exhaust and the monster wing.

I've seen "riced-out" German cars too, so to me rice is a car that is trying to give the impression that its a fast car when indeed its your average economy car. The "NOS" seats, Sparco seatbelts, NX Express decals, and unpainted bumpers and sideskirts are more examples of this.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
2JZ no *****. This will decimate all after you put about $15,000 in it...or more, if you have to overnight parts from Japan.

But seriously, obviously as CH already knows, the Supra when properly tuned is more or less unbeatable. That car is just a tuner's dream.

I think some people refer to any Japanese car with a spoiler or an exhaust as rice. Whether it be a G35, Nissan Z's, Supra, GT-R, or NSX. I always had major respect for Japanese cars as long as they are tuned right.

To me, rice is a car thats all show and no go; ie: the stock honda civics with the fart can exhaust and the monster wing.

I've seen "riced-out" German cars too, so to me rice is a car that is trying to give the impression that its a fast car when indeed its your average economy car. The "NOS" seats, Sparco seatbelts, NX Express decals, and unpainted bumpers and sideskirts are more examples of this.
You hit the proverbial nail on the head kid. My sentiments exactly.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55
I guess I'll add two comments.

First, the impressive thing about Dino's run is despite carrying something like 1,500 lbs more weight than the 240, he blew past the other car on a curve by taking the correct line with his SL. Now my guess is that Dino in an old pickup truck would scorch many other vehicles through superior driving skills. But it's also the case that Dino's SL held up its end of the bargain, holding the line that Dino chose.

Second, pretty much no matter what you drive there's someone out there with a faster car than yours. Just because you haven't run into him yet doesn't mean your car is unbeatable.

A case in point are the Supra TTs mentioned above. Nice cars. Nice economics. But not unbeatable. For example, my current project car (Factory Five GTM kit car) is more than 1,000 lbs lighter than a Supra and uses a GM LS Series engine which can be easily modded to make as much horsepower as any Supra. Because of its significant weight disadvantage, an 800 HP TT Supra is not going to beat an 800 HP TT GTM, barring driver error on the part of the GTM jockey.

That's not to brag on the GTM. I don't think it will be the absolute fastest car out there, either. Ultimately it comes down to the point CylinderHead made: in the end, whoever goes the extra mile in tuning his car will be faster.

Enough writing, though...I feel the need to go out and drive!
Old 10-21-2007, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by jmf003
I guess I'll add two comments.

First, the impressive thing about Dino's run is despite carrying something like 1,500 lbs more weight than the 240, he blew past the other car on a curve by taking the correct line with his SL. Now my guess is that Dino in an old pickup truck would scorch many other vehicles through superior driving skills. But it's also the case that Dino's SL held up its end of the bargain, holding the line that Dino chose.

Second, pretty much no matter what you drive there's someone out there with a faster car than yours. Just because you haven't run into him yet doesn't mean your car is unbeatable.

A case in point are the Supra TTs mentioned above. Nice cars. Nice economics. But not unbeatable. For example, my current project car (Factory Five GTM kit car) is more than 1,000 lbs lighter than a Supra and uses a GM LS Series engine which can be easily modded to make as much horsepower as any Supra. Because of its significant weight disadvantage, an 800 HP TT Supra is not going to beat an 800 HP TT GTM, barring driver error on the part of the GTM jockey.

That's not to brag on the GTM. I don't think it will be the absolute fastest car out there, either. Ultimately it comes down to the point CylinderHead made: in the end, whoever goes the extra mile in tuning his car will be faster.

Enough writing, though...I feel the need to go out and drive!
I haven't been back here for a while, and it looks like there are more than a few critics.

I didn't dis those kids. If you remember the story, THEY were blocking me, pointing and laughing at the SL.

When the light turned, the kid wound the car up......and it did sound like a toy! Plus, I was looking for some colorful words.

Thanks for the comments about driving. I have just got alot of track miles in alot of stuff.....from Ferrari's and Porsches, to the AMG and an Indycar. Once in a while it pays off. That kid really didn't know what hit him. I am sure he was expecting what alot of our AMG brothers do.......sprint to 40 and bail.

Alot of us started out with some pretty cheap cars.....just like them. Hell.....my first 'performance car' was a Fiat X1/9!. They are the auto enthusiasts of tommorow who will be in AMG, Ferrari, Lambo, etc. Its always fun to mix it up, and take the youngsters to school, while I still can.

Last edited by IngenereAMG; 10-21-2007 at 08:45 PM.