Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

23 year old versus 40 year old

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 10:40 PM
taylor192

23 year old versus 40 year old

I was told this when I was talking with a guy in his early 30s who owns both a E-class and a BMW 330i.

He told me, that despite all the looks I'm going to get from younger guys in Civics, Integras, Neons, Z24s and RSXs, that the looks from 40-50 year old men will be priceless, and that'll I'll find more older men wanting to race me than younger guys... I'm beginning to think this is true.

After a grey hair man wanted to race me in a Focus a few weeks ago, and couldn't keep up, today a 40 year old wanted to race me in a Maxima.

Here's the situation, he pulls up beside me (me with cap backwards blasting Puddle of Mudd), gives me a dirty look, so I just smile, and have a little laugh. This obviously made him mad, so he punches it after the light turns green, surprises me, but I take off, eventually take him in 4th gear, and just have a little fun and leave him in the dust. Then he pulls into the beer store and parks beside me, while I am still laughing... it was priceless to see the look on his face when I got out, sneakers, jeans, jean jacket, ball cap backwards, 23 years old... god I love this car.

On another note, the new Tiburons are gutless at high speed. A dropped, kitted, with neon underlights pulled up beside me at 160 kmph today, looked at me, so I left him, you could tell he was trying because he eventually caught me doing about 200 kmph when I decided to slow down.

I love this car!
Old 10-29-2002, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
What am I missing? Was it a new Maxima? The latest ones run 255hp and almost as much torque. How could smoke one in a 189hp C? The weights are pretty close.
Old 10-29-2002, 03:47 PM
taylor192

Originally posted by RBrenton88
What am I missing? Was it a new Maxima? The latest ones run 255hp and almost as much torque. How could smoke one in a 189hp C? The weights are pretty close.
Wasn't new, 1999-2000 body style I think, and pretty sure it was an automatic.

The 1999 Maxima SEs have a 3.0L with 190hp and 205lb/ft, but does come in 400 lbs lighter at around 3000 lbs.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
Ah. Yea, the older ones were pokier. I had a '95 with the 190 horse. Quick, but not really quick. Front wheel drive as well.
Old 10-31-2002, 03:26 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smart Car

I think this clown has not only his cap backwards but his brain as well.
Sounds like pimple face is in the bull**** attack here. Hey, the dufus could be talking about 10 yo Maxima with 200k miles on it and not km/h.
You are not missing anything here the dufus does, no wonder he is stuck in the Neon, old Maxima and Tiburon domain.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
I was wondering...
What would possess a middle-aged man to throw dirty looks at another guy for no reason whatsoever? I assume the guy wasn't just cut off or something.

Does this happen often?
Old 10-31-2002, 02:05 PM
taylor192

Originally posted by Fast Eddy
I think this clown has not only his cap backwards but his brain as well.
Sounds like pimple face is in the bull**** attack here. Hey, the dufus could be talking about 10 yo Maxima with 200k miles on it and not km/h.
You are not missing anything here the dufus does, no wonder he is stuck in the Neon, old Maxima and Tiburon domain.
If I understood this post I might know what to say.

BTW I''m 23, started at $70K/year in an engineering career, play most sports, and just choose to dress casually all the time. You get these perks when you graduate with a A+ average in the top of your class.

I didn't buy this car to show-off, race, be arrogant, I bought it because I love nice cars, and this one is fun to drive.... but if some guy is going to give me dirty looks just for my age, clothes and what I'm driving, then I'm going to punch it and make sure they know what they are missing.

1. I'm from Canada, and yes I meant kms, not miles.
2. My point wasn't the kill, it was the dirty looks from older men, the kill was just the icing on the cake.
3. If my brain is backwards.... where's your's?
Old 10-31-2002, 02:19 PM
taylor192

I was wondering...
What would possess a middle-aged man to throw dirty looks at another guy for no reason whatsoever? I assume the guy wasn't just cut off or something.

Does this happen often?
I don't drive like an idiot, I pay for this car, I don't want it wrecked, so no I did not cut him off or pull any other stupid driving stunt.

This seems to happen a lot, why? jealousy I assume. Men that wished they could've had what I have when they were my age, and are now burdened with a house, wife and kids and will never have what I have... if there's another reason maybe you can enlighten me cause I just don't get it.

Maybe its just where I live, here in the high tech capital of Canada, Ottawa (more specifically Kanata) I stand out like a sore thumb with my cap backwards, tattoos, piercings, and athletic style dress.... and I just added how much I stand out by driving around a new Mercedes. I used to get dirty stares before, they've just gotten worse with the new car.... oh well... what do I do?

Even at work now, a few older co-workers have taken a bad attitude with me since I got the car, and constantly are making snooty remarks about me and the car. Screw them! I'm 23, have almost 0 bills to pay, make enough so I can afford it. If they're jealous, its their problem.

Sorry, I'm rambling... but these dirty looks are getting to me, I used to kinda like them when I was 16 driving my parents Jag... but at 23 they are just getting old. This is my car, I'm young and choose to dress young/casual, I'm smart and successful, get over it!

ARG!
Old 10-31-2002, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
Taylor, I believe the other poster was referring to the Maxima driver when he mentioned the poor loser thing...not you.
Unless I read it wrong.

And don't misunderstand me either, I was aiming my bewilderment at why people give dirty looks to complete strangers because they have a nice car. I'm not doubting that it happens, just don't fathom why. If I saw a guy in a <insert luxo car here>, I'd either give an appreciative glance, or ignore him altogether, depending on my mood.
People are just weird.
Old 10-31-2002, 03:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Nice kill Taylor!
Old 10-31-2002, 06:52 PM
taylor192

Taylor, I believe the other poster was referring to the Maxima driver when he mentioned the poor loser thing...not you.
Unless I read it wrong.

And don't misunderstand me either, I was aiming my bewilderment at why people give dirty looks to complete strangers because they have a nice car. I'm not doubting that it happens, just don't fathom why. If I saw a guy in a <insert luxo car here>, I'd either give an appreciative glance, or ignore him altogether, depending on my mood.
People are just weird.
I don't think so, because he mentioned my cap backwards matching my brain backwards... oh well... his post didn't make much sense.

When I see nice cars I spend more time staring at the car than the driver, and if I see the driver I'll give him/her an impressed smile cause I love cars and like actually seeing them driven than in a showroom.

I don't know why the dirty looks, but its happened enough times in 5 weeks already to be annoying.
Old 11-02-2002, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Is it just me or was the original post a bit funny? Seemed like you were getting turned on my old men giving you dirty looks?
Old 11-02-2002, 10:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by oggle
Is it just me or was the original post a bit funny? Seemed like you were getting turned on my old men giving you dirty looks?
LOL!
Old 11-03-2002, 12:09 AM

So I assume it was the new 2000 body because the 1999 maxima still has the 97-99 body. They are 222 horsepower and 217 ft-lbs of torque and weight even ligther then the C230k. According to, Trend magazine clocked the 5th generation Maxima at 6.7 seconds 0-60mph. If the "old" 40 year old wanted to really punch it I doubt you would of stood a chance.
Old 11-03-2002, 02:08 AM

2002 Paprika C230K/C7/C4/C2/6spd/Chip(?)
BTW I''m 23, started at $70K/year in an engineering career
Not to jump in the fray here, but since you were talking KMH not MPH, is that $70K in CAD, or USD? Because $70KCAD is only about $45KUSD.
Old 11-03-2002, 02:31 PM
taylor192

Originally posted by NJPaprika230
Not to jump in the fray here, but since you were talking KMH not MPH, is that $70K in CAD, or USD? Because $70KCAD is only about $45KUSD.
Yes that's true, but not entirely. For a starting salary, that is low compared to a few years ago (I had friends start at $80K+), but very high in recent times with all the lay-offs (starting salaries are now $45-55K)
I looked around the US when I was job hunting and where the salaries are ridoculous so is the cost of living, so a direct comparison isn't possible. I could've picked up a job in Texas for $55K USD or California for $70-80K USD, but the costs far outwieghed the higher salary.
Besides I'm 23 and single with few bills except a loan. Without the loan I would've bought a C320, C32 AMG or CLK320, or ML320. The salary isn't always the best figure to use (sorry I know I used it first).
Old 11-03-2002, 04:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by taylor192
Yes that's true, but not entirely. For a starting salary, that is low compared to a few years ago (I had friends start at $80K+), but very high in recent times with all the lay-offs (starting salaries are now $45-55K)
I looked around the US when I was job hunting and where the salaries are ridoculous so is the cost of living, so a direct comparison isn't possible. I could've picked up a job in Texas for $55K USD or California for $70-80K USD, but the costs far outwieghed the higher salary.
Besides I'm 23 and single with few bills except a loan. Without the loan I would've bought a C320, C32 AMG or CLK320, or ML320. The salary isn't always the best figure to use (sorry I know I used it first).
What is wrong with Texas? At least we don't see snow here in Houston

BTW, I'm just giving you a hard time
Old 11-04-2002, 10:31 AM
taylor192

Originally posted by pocholin
What is wrong with Texas? At least we don't see snow here in Houston

BTW, I'm just giving you a hard time
Its OK, I appreciate the hard time. Nothing wrong with Texas, would love to move there one day, I hate the snow, but the expenses associated with getting setup down there weren't worth the extra few $$$, I need to pay off a loan and get some $$$ saved before venturing out.
Old 11-06-2002, 01:20 PM
Banned

Smart Car
Its OK, I appreciate the hard time. Nothing wrong with Texas, would love to move there one day, I hate the snow, but the expenses associated with getting setup down there weren't worth the extra few $$$, I need to pay off a loan and get some $$$ saved before venturing out.

WHy did you supposely bought MB if you have the loan no $$$ saved and no brain?

Pay off the loan and get the brain somewhere, I do not believe you will be able to enter Texas in your present form anyways.
reengineer your brain , engineer and them fantasize
Old 11-06-2002, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
Whoa.

I don't know either of you, but I can visualize Taylor kicking your ***.

Pay off the loan and get the brain somewhere, I do not believe you will be able to enter Texas in your present form anyways.
Old 11-06-2002, 02:14 PM
taylor192

Why live for tomorrow? what if tomorrow never comes? and why fantasize when you can make your dreams come true?

OK, seriously, I have $$$ put aside for a rainy day (or when this car breaks cause I assume it'll cost a fortune to fix), I'm on an agressive loan repayment plan, $24K in 2 years, and I still have enough leftover cash to take the MB and have fun.

Maybe I could save a bit more, maybe I could have a few more investments or RRSPs,... but maybe I get hit by a bus tomorrow and die... I'd rather have some fun now.

BTW NAFTA allows anyone with a certain degree to work freely in any of the countries for a period of 5 years. My engineering degree is a professional degree and is one of the allowed ones, thus I could walk across the border and take a job anywhere.

Sorry I know this is off-topic now, someone close this thread.
Old 11-06-2002, 02:17 PM
taylor192

Whoa.

That's funny, I run into guys like this everyday "why don't you save? why waste money? ..." and here's my answer:

My grandparents died having done nothing significant in their lives with a cool $500K in the bank... what good is money if you're not going to spend it?
Old 11-06-2002, 08:46 PM
Banned

Smart Car
Whoa.

I visualize you sucking Taylors d i c k
Old 11-06-2002, 08:50 PM
Banned

Smart Car
Why live for tomorrow? what if tomorrow never comes? and why fantasize when you can make your dreams come true?

OK, seriously, I have $$$ put aside for a rainy day (or when this car breaks cause I assume it'll cost a fortune to fix), I'm on an agressive loan repayment plan, $24K in 2 years, and I still have enough leftover cash to take the MB and have fun.

Maybe I could save a bit more, maybe I could have a few more investments or RRSPs,... but maybe I get hit by a bus tomorrow and die... I'd rather have some fun now.

BTW NAFTA allows anyone with a certain degree to work freely in any of the countries for a period of 5 years. My engineering degree is a professional degree and is one of the allowed ones, thus I could walk across the border and take a job anywhere.

Sorry I know this is off-topic now, someone close this thread.

Dream on, you'd take a job if someone would give it to you. What makes you think that there is a job waiting for you Here in the US?
Old 11-06-2002, 09:04 PM
taylor192

Dream on, you'd take a job if someone would give it to you. What makes you think that there is a job waiting for you Here in the US?
I wonder what it takes to get a member put on suspension. I looked at some of your other posts, do you ever have anything good to say?

Just to let you know, US companies are more than willing to hire Canadian graduates, something about the education system up here and lack of US citizens with the right qualifications. I had offers from companies I didn't even apply to, in particular the company I currently work for.

Maybe I should race you, then I'd have a good kill story to add to this meaningless thread.

Someone close this before Fast Eddy gets ugly... oops, too late. lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 23 year old versus 40 year old