Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

M5 5x kill story literally...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 11:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 SL500R / 2003 BMW M5
Agreed. It's a shame. But it's the same old story of kids acting stupid...not just kids being kids. Got to blame ALL the kids in the car. If one was smart enough not to get into the car, he/she still would be alive. BTW, even a 100 hp Kia can get up to speeds exceeding 90 (well maybe). So, a Kia at 90 is still more dangerous than a MB or BMW at the same speed because of the safety features and construction of the frame and body built into the MB or BMW. Given a choice, I'd take my chances with a bigger car.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK55, Mustang 480hp, CBR600rr
Originally Posted by AsianML
You need to read it all.

Read past subsection 1 and read subsection 2...then read section "C" below referencing subsection 2.

2(a)
1. Drive any motor vehicle, including any motorcycle, in any race, speed competition or contest, drag race or acceleration contest, test of physical endurance, or exhibition of speed or acceleration or for the purpose of making a speed record on any highway, roadway, or parking lot;

You'd get nailed on "acceleration contest, test of physical endurance, or exhibition of speed or acceleration or for the purpose of making a speed record on any highway, roadway, or parking lot; "

You don't need two cars involved. If the officer observes you doing "exhibition of speed" which is very broad he'll drop the hammer on you. Call the FHP.

Also, for drag racing...have you never been to the track and only seen one car stage and run by itself? He's still drag racing even though there is no one in the lane next to him. I have read of people getting popped by the police and it was only them on the road...they where running G-tech times.

Pp

Last edited by Ppower; 01-30-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:16 PM

SLK55, Mustang 480hp, CBR600rr
Originally Posted by Dragoncoach
Agreed. It's a shame. But it's the same old story of kids acting stupid...not just kids being kids. Got to blame ALL the kids in the car. If one was smart enough not to get into the car, he/she still would be alive. BTW, even a 100 hp Kia can get up to speeds exceeding 90 (well maybe). So, a Kia at 90 is still more dangerous than a MB or BMW at the same speed because of the safety features and construction of the frame and body built into the MB or BMW. Given a choice, I'd take my chances with a bigger car.
It is truely amazing how fast some people will drive in those tin cars with pizza cutter wheels on them.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:17 AM

c32amg,c240
Thats a sad and disturbing story. I would hate to the state trooper that has to tell the family that their child died bc of his actions. I guess some things dont change in my generation. People my age been watching to much fast and furious, and end up getting themselves killed.Especially when they try to drive a 500hp m5 and not knowing the power and output it delivers.Not to many people understand how to drive sports cars and end in a mess.Even though im young i can basically can tell u, that i seen it all. From my friends getting pulled over in sti's and other imports to dying. Some things just aint worth getting killed for. So basically i had to make a decison to park that amg benz and not get get to involved in street racing.And the sad part about it is the kids younger than me want to do 130mph like i use to. And now ima show them this story to wake them up,as much as long as it took to realize my stupidity. Because i tell u what, god has a way 4 u to get *** in shape it u aint notice it. And like i said it would kill them to hear some one tell my parents i died doin a top speed run. And my father and i talk about it everyday,to try stay focused go to school, and work and make somethin of myself.Instead of being the king of the highway, i rather live one more day.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
Originally Posted by Ppower
You need to read it all.

Read past subsection 1 and read subsection 2...then read section "C" below referencing subsection 2.

2(a)
1. Drive any motor vehicle, including any motorcycle, in any race, speed competition or contest, drag race or acceleration contest, test of physical endurance, or exhibition of speed or acceleration or for the purpose of making a speed record on any highway, roadway, or parking lot;

You'd get nailed on "acceleration contest, test of physical endurance, or exhibition of speed or acceleration or for the purpose of making a speed record on any highway, roadway, or parking lot; "

You don't need two cars involved. If the officer observes you doing "exhibition of speed" which is very broad he'll drop the hammer on you. Call the FHP.

Also, for drag racing...have you never been to the track and only seen one car stage and run by itself? He's still drag racing even though there is no one in the lane next to him. I have read of people getting popped by the police and it was only them on the road...they where running G-tech times.

Pp
gee, some people are quick to post something without reading it fully. +1 to Ppower

i agree exactly with what you say, it's a damn shame when the driver knows exactly how he/she will end up if they are going to be speeding at over 100+ mph on unknown conditions, and yet they still do it . in the end, people are going to say you have no heart and call you cruel, but it's the driver's own damn fault, so no sympathy from me. i hope that at least one of the other four passengers try to stop the driver, and if so, they could've prevented this horrible tragedy. so condolences to the five's families, it's a tough situation knowing that their kids will not come home ever again.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
welcome to last week.
+1

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...8159&highlight=
Old 02-01-2008, 11:21 AM

2004 SL500R / 2003 BMW M5
Alcohol, 500 hp, 5 drunk young kids....Not a good combination. MOST, not all kids (and a lot of adults) don't know how to handle that much power. Even most kids who THINK they do, usually don't. Driving at 150 is totally different than driving at 100. Every year you hear about the 18 year old hs grad who gets his grad present, a vette or p car and then goes out and kills himself when he hits a tree. Sometimes, gotta hold the parents partially responsible by enabling the kids in the first place.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
Originally Posted by Dragoncoach
Alcohol, 500 hp, 5 drunk young kids....Not a good combination. MOST, not all kids (and a lot of adults) don't know how to handle that much power. Even most kids who THINK they do, usually don't. Driving at 150 is totally different than driving at 100. Every year you hear about the 18 year old hs grad who gets his grad present, a vette or p car and then goes out and kills himself when he hits a tree. Sometimes, gotta hold the parents partially responsible by enabling the kids in the first place.
true, but most parents are pushoevers anyway.

"son, stay below 80, and wear your seatbelt!"
"yesssssssssssssssss dad."
Old 02-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by Mu9enx
gee, some people are quick to post something without reading it fully. +1 to Ppower

i agree exactly with what you say, it's a damn shame when the driver knows exactly how he/she will end up if they are going to be speeding at over 100+ mph on unknown conditions, and yet they still do it . in the end, people are going to say you have no heart and call you cruel, but it's the driver's own damn fault, so no sympathy from me. i hope that at least one of the other four passengers try to stop the driver, and if so, they could've prevented this horrible tragedy. so condolences to the five's families, it's a tough situation knowing that their kids will not come home ever again.
I'll admit I just skimmed it.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
M5 is a Safe car still.

Just not when its flying 70 ft in the air with a momentum of like 98793003030303 POUNDS/PER SECOND of mass.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
We still dont know if its his car or his fathers.
The car coudve been under his dads name to save on insurance....
No comments from his family yet...
Old 02-15-2008, 01:23 AM

none
I'm lost, when did the OP ever say this was funny?