Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

A JAG !?? is this posible???

Old 02-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile A JAG !?? is this posible???

I couldn't help it, I just had to try it.

So this brand new JAG wants some at a light in Burbank? I NEVER race my car, it stays in 'Granny' mode all the time to save gas. But I just wanted to see this Ford-Wire work out.

I can't believe it, my V6 got the hole and never looked back.

Are these new JAGs so bad that an old MB V6 can kill them?

Wow
MB builds good cars
Old 02-11-2008, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
I beat an XKR with my CLK500 so nothing would suprise me. Those things are slowww. What kind of jag was it? Details please? Thanks.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
What model Jag? They have everything from 200hp v-6s up to 475hp monster XKRs.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 C 300 Sport, '01 SL 500 & '08 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD
Yeah what model Jag? I used to have a 2004 Acura TL (Auto) and got mine handed to me by an old lady in a '94-'95 ish XJ V8 just the pain Jane V8 model. It was about even at first then just took off leaving my TL by some 2-3 cars.

-Ryan
Old 02-12-2008, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
I beat an XKR with my CLK500 so nothing would suprise me.
Which year? And when your CLK had the juice?
Old 02-12-2008, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
Which year? And when your CLK had the juice?
The model before the current one (I'm guessing 05 or something). It was a convertible. The guy had the top down and he had his son in the passenger side. My car was 100% bone stock, it was only maybe my first 2 months of ownership. It was night time on a mexican dragstrip. I roll up to a red light and the driver is wearing sunglasses lol. I play dumb and ask "oh, is that the supercharged one?" He looks over like a bigshot and smiles ...

So I ask just like this "wanna race?" He goes "of course." Keep in mind he had a kid in the passenger seat, maybe 9 years old. I had my friend with me and we were both like "no way, he's gonna race!"

Light turns green and we go for it. Verrrrry close race but I had him by about a length up to 110. At the next light, the guy didn't even look at me. I tried talking but he turned his head. His son turned around and gave me a . I think that was my first "kill." Good times...

I posted this story here about 2 years ago on these forums.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Ah sounds like a good race...except maybe the kid part!

The new ones are purportedly fast, and they have the looks to back it up to!
Old 02-13-2008, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
Ah sounds like a good race...except maybe the kid part!

The new ones are purportedly fast, and they have the looks to back it up to!
Yeah, I love the new one. I mean, I'm not really a jag guy...they're way too soft and mature for me. But I'd love a droptop XKR as a daily driver if I could afford it.

And I didn't think the guy was going to actually race with his kid in the car. Very bad move, but I guess I contributed to it and I'm partially to blame. Luckily, nothing bad came of it.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by RBrenton
What model Jag? They have everything from 200hp v-6s up to 475hp monster XKRs.
Wrong. The most they've gotten from the 4.2 supercharged is 414bhp on the new XKR. It went FI 4.0 370bhp, to 394bhp when enlarged to 4.2 to 414bhp.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Wrong. The most they've gotten from the 4.2 supercharged is 414bhp on the new XKR. It went FI 4.0 370bhp, to 394bhp when enlarged to 4.2 to 414bhp.

I glanced at the sticker on the new XKR at the auto show. Maybe I misread it, or maybe they made a mistake.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I beat an XKR with my CLK500 so nothing would suprise me. Those things are slowww. What kind of jag was it? Details please? Thanks.

Wow! First you beat a 335 and now an XKR in a stock CLK 500. Just Wow . People in here are eating up your stories and I guess that's all that matters.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:54 PM

R 320 CDI on 20" Mandrus Milleniums
Originally Posted by Roundel
Wow! First you beat a 335 and now an XKR in a stock CLK 500. Just Wow . People in here are eating up your stories and I guess that's all that matters.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Well, with your 12 post count and all your experience in street racing, I'm sure you know much better than I do.

Not that my multiple videos, eye witness accounts, and long-standing membership on this forum means anything to you.

But...

Turn the key and all is forgiven. A supercharged 4.2 liter, aluminum V-8 comes to life with 390 hp and 399 lb.-ft. of torque ready to launch you to 60 mph in 5.4 seconds

http://cars.about.com/od/2005/fr/05_XKRConv.htm

Now, given the fact that his top was down which drastically increases drag, plus that my lowly CLK500 was rated at 5.2 on the 0-60...I think that maybe, just maybe, my little story could have actually happened.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:15 PM

Well, with your 12 post count and all your experience in street racing, I'm sure you know much better than I do.

Not that my multiple videos, eye witness accounts, and long-standing membership on this forum means anything to you.

But...

Now, given the fact that his top was down which drastically increases drag, plus that my lowly CLK500 was rated at 5.2 on the 0-60...I think that maybe, just maybe, my little story could have actually happened.
Don't get defensive Bobby. I'm around here all the time and other forums as well but don't bother to post. I just read the stories for entertainment and just shake my head or laugh because I know what the real deal is. I actually go to the tracks a lot, and I knew I was turning into a track junkie when I found myself shivering in the cold december weather at a track 2 hours from home just so I get a few passes. My username on a different car forum is Trackjunkie. Mainly go to Summit Ridge and the 1/4 mile tracks around the area. I was at MIR when the guys rented it to play on it.

My point is not to bash your kills but to let you know that if both parties know what they're doing, and are aware a race is going on, the outcome will be different. I have a friend with the regular XK and yes, they are heavy. From a roll, the XKR can be formidable. Don't expect these outcomes to be representative of the cars capabilities.

Last edited by Roundel; 02-13-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Don't get defensive Bobby. I'm around here all the time and other forums as well but don't bother to post. I just read the stories for entertainment and just shake my head or laugh because I know what the real deal is. I actually go to the tracks a lot, and I knew I was turning into a trunk junkie when I found myself shivering in the cold december weather at a track 2 hours from home just so I get a few passes. My username on a different car forum is Trackjunkie. Mainly go to Summit Ridge and the 1/4 mile tracks around the area. I was at MIR when the guys rented it to play on it.

My point is not to bash your kills but to let you know that if both parties know what they're doing, and are aware a race is going on, the outcome will be different. I have a friend with the regular XK and yes, they are heavy. From a roll, the XKR can be formidable. Don't expect these outcomes to be representative of the cars capabilities.

That's fine man, but don't make it like I'm posting up garbage and lies. 2 cars with pretty similiar power to weight ratios will usually wind up with pretty close results. I may have had a slight advantage anyway, plus his top was down. I'd expect this result if I raced another vert XKR with the top down.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:57 PM

That's fine man, but don't make it like I'm posting up garbage and lies. 2 cars with pretty similiar power to weight ratios will usually wind up with pretty close results. I may have had a slight advantage anyway, plus his top was down. I'd expect this result if I raced another vert XKR with the top down.

Ok.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Almost a Member!

Nissan Altima SE-R
Are the 335 and XKR unbeatable cars? Is the CLK500 not worthy of some respect? Either your giving too much credit to the former, or not enough credit to the latter. Of course there are faster cars on the road, but the fact that I can personally vouch for a lot of the races the CLK500 has been involved with should make you rethink all of your posts that insinuate lies. In a "drivers race", even the "slower" car can win.

Let me begin by stating that for 95% of his races, I am usually either in his car or am driving close behind so I can give full credit to his stories that they are occurring as he describes them. The mere detail that he places into his descriptions of the races should be credible enough considering his history on this forum. Granted that I myself do not own a Mercedes, I am eager to back up my friend when he is being accused of lying. I can give full faith and credit to everyone one of his posts.

I'm not trying to stir up any kind of heated conflict here, granted sometimes the faster car does not win, we all know that on the streets anything can happen. However, in these specific instances that ItalianStallion is discussing, he is being 100% truthful, as he does with all his encounters south of the border at his Mexican dragstrips.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by AltySE-R
Are the 335 and XKR unbeatable cars? Is the CLK500 not worthy of some respect? Either your giving too much credit to the former, or not enough credit to the latter. Of course there are faster cars on the road, but the fact that I can personally vouch for a lot of the races the CLK500 has been involved with should make you rethink all of your posts that insinuate lies. In a "drivers race", even the "slower" car can win.

Let me begin by stating that for 95% of his races, I am usually either in his car or am driving close behind so I can give full credit to his stories that they are occurring as he describes them. The mere detail that he places into his descriptions of the races should be credible enough considering his history on this forum. Granted that I myself do not own a Mercedes, I am eager to back up my friend when he is being accused of lying. I can give full faith and credit to everyone one of his posts.

I'm not trying to stir up any kind of heated conflict here, granted sometimes the faster car does not win, we all know that on the streets anything can happen. However, in these specific instances that ItalianStallion is discussing, he is being 100% truthful, as he does with all his encounters south of the border at his Mexican dragstrips.
THANK YOU!
Old 02-14-2008, 11:04 AM

Most people on the street do not drive their cars to its potential mostly through inability.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
THANK YOU!
Is AltySE-R sidekick for ItalianStallion or something ? Everytime I read one of those Italian kill, I see AltySE-R follow up w/ a confirmation.

The CLK550 is a nice car, the CLK500 is not that much more than the CLK350 when it comes to hp/tq.

So when AltySE-R to go Nissan forum, and tell the truth story on how he beats the Ferrari 430 w/ his Nissan Stanza, does ItalianStallion pitch in and confirm the kill ?

Can we have it a bit less obvious, pleaseee ?

It's been a while since I read this kill section, and all I see is the two of you confirm all your killed stories.

Last edited by zam2000; 02-14-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by zam2000
Is AltySE-R sidekick for ItalianStallion or something ? Everytime I read one of those Italian kill, I see AltySE-R follow up w/ a confirmation.

The CLK550 is a nice car, the CLK500 is not that much more than the CLK350 when it comes to hp/tq.

So when AltySE-R to go Nissan forum, and tell the truth story on how he beats the Ferrari 430 w/ his Nissan Stanza, does ItalianStallion pitch in and confirm the kill ?

Can we have it a bit less obvious, pleaseee ?

It's been a while since I read this kill section, and all I see is the two of you confirm all your killed stories.
He's a very good friend of mine and he is always out when I'm racing. There are plenty of forum members on here who know me and a few who have seen me race (and have raced me). I don't have anything to prove.

The comment with the F430 kill was completely immature and uncalled for. Since he is one of the few friends who goes to every local car meet and who posts on the internet, of course I will ask him to back me up.

Also, in case you haven't noticed...I have posted plenty of videos of my kills and of me getting killed.

I'm sick of the doubt...ridiculous
Old 02-14-2008, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 221 Likes on 172 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Merging back to a positive note, the new XKR is flat out gorgeous car. 420BHP in a body lighter than the SL550.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by HLG600
Merging back to a positive note, the new XKR is flat out gorgeous car. 420BHP in a body lighter than the SL550.

Yes, I test drove one. I would definitely take it over an SL550. It has a nice little V8 rumble to it, the interior is extravagant like a Bentley, and the exterior is Ian Cullum's genius design. I love that car. I hope, someday, that I can have that as a daily driver and a hardcore sportscar as the weekend racer.