Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

I thought everybody should read this!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately or maybe fortunately for PhucNguyen57, cops don't always get the bad guys. As a matter of fact, if they are driving a benz or bmw or something, they usually don't. If they don't get your plates you are in good shape.

As we heard from the story, 100-140 on a highway with no one on it? It doesn't matter, you are going at your own risk. But anything fast around people is gay. Ricers who race on tracks and COMPLETELY OPEN roads I think are funny and entertaining, but ricers who drives like a$$es in busy roads and residential areas deserve to be shot. Every so often when I am on I-90 comin in or out of Chicago and I see a retard weaving in traffic, i radio in the state cops. I don't radio in speeders who are alone, if they die, they die alone (and sometimes I am guilty of this).

I know a couple ricers and one guy with a Subaru is an extremely safer driver whenever anyone is around. He never speeds in residential areas and never screws around on busy streets.

Things that don't **** me off:
0-60 runs in front of me (as long as they two cars are first and there aren't pedestrians around)
speeders who drive alone

Things that do:
Any stupid tricks in front of pedestrians or busy roadways.
And one thing that really pisses me off, leaving the scene of an accident.

Ah, well, thats my two cents.
Old 12-21-2002, 10:15 PM
taylor192

Originally posted by chupper
As we heard from the story, 100-140 on a highway with no one on it? It doesn't matter, you are going at your own risk. But anything fast around people is gay. Ricers who race on tracks and COMPLETELY OPEN roads I think are funny and entertaining, but ricers who drives like a$$es in busy roads and residential areas deserve to be shot. Every so often when I am on I-90 comin in or out of Chicago and I see a retard weaving in traffic, i radio in the state cops. I don't radio in speeders who are alone, if they die, they die alone (and sometimes I am guilty of this).
I agree and disagree with these comments.

"Alone" on the highway is a relative term. There are stretches of highway I have driven on with only trees on one side, and a cement centre barrier to prevent you from driving into oncoming traffic... that is about the only time you are "alone" on the highway. Other than that you have the possibility of going into oncoming traffic, or hitting a structure on the side of the road.

Ever seen a car hit a building? I have, so just because there isn't any pedestrains outside doesn't mean there aren't any people inside, so racing shouldn't ever happen where this possibility exists.

I don't think there is anything wrong with speeding while other cars are around, but I wouldn't recommend it cause most other drivers aren't expecting you to pass them at 140 while they are doing 65, so that's what makes it dangerous. If they did expect it, you could drive fast as on the AutoBahn with less worries.

I have no problem with accelerating hard, but when you have to drive recklessly to do it then there is a problem. If the speed limit is 60, and I have a car that does 0-60 in 4 secs, then I should beable to do it, there's no "acceleration law", but if you have to drive recklessly by weaving through traffic to do so, then there is a problem, and thus why there is a law against "reckless driving".

Cops around here have started to cut down on these "reckless" drivers by having one vehicle drive at the speed limit and watch how traffic bunches up behind them, then a second unmarked cruiser watches for the idiot weaving in and out of traffic. I don't agree with this technique as it causes bad drivers to drive badly and is just an accident waiting to happen...
Old 12-21-2002, 11:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by taylor192
I agree and disagree with these comments.
...................I have no problem with accelerating hard, but when you have to drive recklessly to do it then there is a problem. If the speed limit is 60, and I have a car that does 0-60 in 4 secs, then I should beable to do it, there's no "acceleration law",....................
I thought the same, but I once got a ticket that clearly stated and had to pay 120 bucks for it!!! "Demonstration of acceleration"!!!! That is a "F"ing violation here in texas!!!! Just be careful and don't get cought demonstrating how fast your car is. I'm not kidding i got a ticket called that!!
Old 12-22-2002, 12:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by pocholin
I thought the same, but I once got a ticket that clearly stated and had to pay 120 bucks for it!!! "Demonstration of acceleration"!!!! That is a "F"ing violation here in texas!!!! Just be careful and don't get cought demonstrating how fast your car is. I'm not kidding i got a ticket called that!!
oh crap.. are you for real? so when i get my car i woin't be able to just do hard out accel? OH MAN! whats the point in living now?!
Old 12-22-2002, 08:48 AM
taylor192

Originally posted by pocholin
Wow, well truthfully, even here you could get a "reckless" or "careless" driving ticket for accelerating hard, but its on the verge of being illegal, and wouldn't be hard to argue in court.
Old 12-22-2002, 10:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by vraa
oh crap.. are you for real? so when i get my car i woin't be able to just do hard out accel? OH MAN! whats the point in living now?!
Being an outlaw!!! Just like me
Old 12-26-2002, 04:40 PM

'82 turbo yugo
Originally posted by PhucNguyen57
<snip lameass evading the cops formula>

It is the biggest rush you can get from driving.
Typical wannabe who has never driven a car at the limit, or over it, on a real track.

Invincable until you're speeding through a neighborhood and tag someone's kid, dog, parked car, etc.
Old 12-26-2002, 04:40 PM

'82 turbo yugo
<snip lameass evading the cops formula>

It is the biggest rush you can get from driving.
Typical wannabe who has never driven a car at the limit, or over it, on a real track.

Invincable until you're speeding through a neighborhood and tag someone's kid, dog, parked car, etc.
Old 12-28-2002, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Some Pete Guy

Basically you have me figured out.

Yea, your right except that, I worked at a local road course on the weekends when I was not out with the Viperdays club racing series previous to my current job. I have been on many trasks, in many cars, driving and riding at the limit, and sometimes unfortunatly for the car beyond the limit. I also compete at all of the local NASA racing events, and all the SCCA events I can get into.

Last edited by PhucNguyen57; 12-28-2002 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-28-2002, 09:04 PM

'82 turbo yugo
Basically you have me figured out.

Yea, your right except that, I worked at a local road course on the weekends when I was not out with the Viperdays club racing series previous to my current job. I have been on many trasks, in many cars, driving and riding at the limit, and sometimes unfortunatly for the car beyond the limit. I also compete at all of the local NASA racing events, and all the SCCA events I can get into.
Right, and hence running from the cops is the "biggest rush you can get from driving."

Tell me more Speed Racer.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Some Pete Guy
Right, and hence running from the cops is the "biggest rush you can get from driving."

Tell me more Speed Racer.
well compaired to going off track at 150+ in a viper, riding *****, the side that hit the dirt, I gues it is kind of a toss up.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:40 AM

MB SLK 200 Kompressor , BMW Z4
USE LEFT TO PASS NOT RIGHT IN A LEFT SIDE TRAFFIC....ITS AN INTERNATIONAL RULE

If you try to pass from the right side..highway or not it means you take all the risk.
I saw some idiots made comments like ""vehicle can pass from anyside right or left..and blame the slow vehicle..""
You can pass from right only in places where British traffic rules accepted.
WAKE UP..Its an international rule..you must pass from the left..even if its a thousand lane road ..just ask slower vehicle to get out of your way, if its a left lane hog..

( Well i am not an angel also , I crashed into a Bus stop 10 years ago with my 318 is BMW - i lost the control of my car in a rainy weather on slippery road ,thanks god it was after midnight and no one was around.I was driving like crazy, changed the gear 4 to 2 and suddenly car started to spin like a boomerang- There was a gas station near the bus stop and i think i was lucky there...I had another big accident with a convertible BMW but that wasnt my fault...well to cut it short i decided to drive safely and never react to anything by pushing the gas pedal harder)

In some cases racing between two traffic lights may be acceptable in a desserted place but still its very dangerous
According to statistics ages between 18 - 23 is the most risky group in this kind of accidents which result in death.
Take care all..
Pls Love yourself&other innocent people and your car

Last edited by Serhanium; 01-15-2003 at 08:02 AM.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 GLS 550
it always sucks to see people who are so inconsiderate of others....not only the accord and camaro....but the fact that the a$$hole in the eclipse kept driving just makes me angry....one of my best friends was killed like that.....someone cut him off, he lost control and flipped his pathfinder, flew out of the sunroof, and died....the other driver just kept going.

Prayers and best wishes to the families of the victims.

John
Old 01-24-2003, 03:05 PM
Almost a Member!

New Shape Volvo V70 T5
Is a pathfinder an SUV, in that case now wonder he crashed. Alos, how the heck does somebody fly out the sun roof when he has his seatbelt on...unless of course he DIDN'T.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 GLS 550
yes it is an SUV....
why do you say
...in that case now wonder he crashed. Alos, how the heck does somebody fly out the sun roof when he has his seatbelt on...unless of course he DIDN'T.
Thats a very inconsiderate thing to say....are you implying he was a bad driver, or stupid because he didnt wear a seatbelt...how would you know if he did or not? A seatbelt will hold you in a typical crash, but when an SUV rolls down a ditch off the side of a highway where the speed limit is 65, how do you know that it will hold you in, have you experienced it?

He was a very close friend, and i take serious offense to what you said....

Next time think of what affect your words might have. I was simply saying that some people are *******S and very inconsiderate of other peoples well being. Apparently you dont seem to care about that though.

Im done now...

Old 02-15-2003, 09:35 PM
Banned

Mercedes C200K Coupe
Thats nothing comparing to what we see here daily.
Old 02-16-2003, 05:53 AM
Almost a Member!

New Shape Volvo V70 T5
The fact that your friend died is of course a tragedy. The thing is though that a lot of Americans don't wear their seatbelt, so that was what I was asking. If he was, and he still flew out the sun roof then that would be a real shame, since he had tried to be safe. If not, then it was his own fault.

And again, SUV's re notorious for rolling over, if your friend had driven a car with a lower centre of gravity he might not have flipped over.

Either way, I never meant to show disrespect towards your friend's death, more to the fact that he could perhaps have prevented it.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:50 AM
Banned

Mercedes C200K Coupe
Taste of Kuwait...

Enjoy...

http://crazy****.org/Crash/carcrash.html
Old 02-16-2003, 10:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Re: Taste of Kuwait...

Originally posted by darkfact
Enjoy...

http://crazy****.org/Crash/carcrash.html
wow, lots of crashes, but then again they have bad crashes in the US, Mexico, Spain, etc.
Old 02-16-2003, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 GLK250 BlueTec & 2009 ML320 BlueTec
The guy in the motorcycle accident.....is he alive?
Old 02-23-2003, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by theine
The guy in the motorcycle accident.....is he alive?
If he is, wonder if he wants to be... That is gross.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:37 PM

Re: I thought everybody should read this!

Originally posted by theine
For those who like to race on occupied roads...
Listen up...

Tonight was one of the most shocking nights I have ever had. Some of you may know I'm a volunteer firefighter. I don't get to ride in the cool fire-truck, I'm stuck driving a 99 F-250 "Emergency Response Team" truck (carries the other diver and I and all of the medical/diving/fire/EMS equipment). Anyway we were on our way back from a small kitchen fire when we got behind a semi ricey Eclipse GS-X a pretty ricey Accord V6 and a Camaro RS (this is on a 4 lane road). Now the ****ers had been racing each other light to light and swerving past all slower traffic. So once we got behind them we were going to radio in their plates but before we could the light turned green and off they went.

About maybe a quarter mile ahead was a mini-van (Dodge I beleive) that had turned the way they were going. The Accord in the far right lane was being blocked by the mini van so decided to cut off on the shoulder and attempt to pass the van. Well the rumble strip sort of pulled the car further to the right more the he expected I guess and he cut back left throwing himself infront of the mini-van and Camaro. The 3 racers had to be doing about 80 by now, but the Accord went sideways into the van and then continued on into the Camaro and then into the cement median doing 83 (what the spedo was stuck at we later found). The van ended up rolling because it tried to cut and miss the accord as it hit it.

When we got up to the scene I almost lost my dinner. I've seen gun shot victims, scraped people off railraod tracks, you name it I've probably seen it but this I just couldn't handle. I ran to the Accord first to see what was there. The driver went through the windshield and into the cement median, what was left of his skull was now somewhere compounded into his shoulders and the median. The passanger was a very beautiful girl about my age (19) whos arm was compound fractured beyond physical recognition, and ears were bleeding like crazy. No seat belt either. (Airbags were both removed because of the momo wheel and "engine management consol" on the passanger side) She had some apparent head injury from the windsheild and was either uncounsious or dead. Nothing I could really do in that car at the time.

I ran over to the Camaro to see what was up there. The guy maye 25 or so was ok. Had his seat belt on and everything. I jsut screamed at him to stay in the car until te cops came.

Off in the distance the ****ing Eclipse didn't even stop to see what happened. He fled a fast as his car could go.

Just as I noticed the eclipse, my partner who radio'ed for help and then ran over to van screamed "Chris get the **** over here". This is where I almost lost it. The van on its side held a mother and 2 children, none which were responsive. I crawled into the middle window where I thought the yougest child was. She had to be maybe 4 at the oldest. No seat belt. Was thrown into the window when it rolled then into the pavement I would have imagined. Her head had a rather obvious dent in it BUT she was breathing. I pulled her through the window.

In the passanger seat was a younger boy maybe 10 whos arm was crushed under the tipped over van. It later had to be amputated but he will live do the the 7 minutes of CPR that we did.

The mother was the only one with her seat belt on, the airbag broke her nose and somehow knocker her out. But she is fine. Was concious by the time we got her son breathing again.

The ****er in the Camaro got cuffed and taken away. The girl in the Accord was airlifted away. The young girl in the van later died tonight/this morning from massive head trauma. The driver of the accord obviously died of the same. The boy in the van will live as well, just one arm short.

Sorry about the bad grammer, I'm still in shock. I doubt I'll get much sleep tonight.

But for you *******s that like to pull this **** on occupied roads please PLEASE PLEASE take it to the track. Save your life and someone elses. I'm done ranting now. For those that read this, thanks.

-------------
'02 SE-R Spec V
"why would you have a ferrari AND a wife?" - Innocence
"but 0-60 in 3.9 and enough torque to skull#$&* you in 3rd kind of makes me forget about all that." - SliP24
do u have pics of the scene or something? maybe send it to orgish.com and share wit everyone?
Old 02-24-2003, 07:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 GLK250 BlueTec & 2009 ML320 BlueTec
That's a clip I copy from another forum, no pics.