Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Surprised some bikers yesterday. Long

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 03:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Surprised some bikers yesterday. Long

Drove across the middle of Florida from Jupiter to St. Petersburg this weekend without ever driving on a four lane interstate which isn't hard as there aren't any. There's just no easy way to get there from here so I decided to take the least traveled way which is all two lanes. An E55 is the perfect car for this kind of trip where lots of passing is essential to get around the bass boats and orange grove trucks.

Anyway, on the way back two guys on large cruising style Yamaha's tuck in behind me and follow as I pass a few cars at high speed. As I move to make my next pass, I glance in the mirror to check on the bikes that are still behind me, touch the turn signal and start to move over. Next thing I see is a headlight in my side mirror as one of the bikers makes his move at the same time. I hesitate so I don't run over the biker. I see him also hesitate for a moment. Now we're covering the whole road with the passee in the right lane, me straddling the line and the biker in the left, oncoming lane. The biker drops back a bit and gives me some room so I mat it and go as the two bikers again tuck in behind and we're off.

We started at about 65 and I ran it up to 130 all the while thinking the bikes would pass me anyway. Not only could they not pass me, they couldn't hang either. We did this several times and the result was the same each time. I finally tired of the game and backed it down so they could get around me. As one went by I saw him take a good look at the V8Kompressor badge...probably trying to figure out what the hell just happened.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Nice writeup
Old 04-03-2008, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
I am curious to what kind of bikes they were. For an example my Harley V-Rod runs high 10's in the 1/4 with just intake and exhaust. I know my sport bike walks all over the harley. If they where big cruisers then the E55 would walk them other wise it is hard to beat a bike unless you are putting 700 HP to the wheels.

Nice win for the E55 though they are no joke on the highway. Do you have any performance mod's?

Originally Posted by speedpeddler
Drove across the middle of Florida from Jupiter to St. Petersburg this weekend without ever driving on a four lane interstate which isn't hard as there aren't any. There's just no easy way to get there from here so I decided to take the least traveled way which is all two lanes. An E55 is the perfect car for this kind of trip where lots of passing is essential to get around the bass boats and orange grove trucks.

Anyway, on the way back two guys on large cruising style Yamaha's tuck in behind me and follow as I pass a few cars at high speed. As I move to make my next pass, I glance in the mirror to check on the bikes that are still behind me, touch the turn signal and start to move over. Next thing I see is a headlight in my side mirror as one of the bikers makes his move at the same time. I hesitate so I don't run over the biker. I see him also hesitate for a moment. Now we're covering the whole road with the passee in the right lane, me straddling the line and the biker in the left, oncoming lane. The biker drops back a bit and gives me some room so I mat it and go as the two bikers again tuck in behind and we're off.

We started at about 65 and I ran it up to 130 all the while thinking the bikes would pass me anyway. Not only could they not pass me, they couldn't hang either. We did this several times and the result was the same each time. I finally tired of the game and backed it down so they could get around me. As one went by I saw him take a good look at the V8Kompressor badge...probably trying to figure out what the hell just happened.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:46 PM

2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Originally Posted by bud4ya
I am curious to what kind of bikes they were. For an example my Harley V-Rod runs high 10's in the 1/4 with just intake and exhaust. I know my sport bike walks all over the harley. If they where big cruisers then the E55 would walk them other wise it is hard to beat a bike unless you are putting 700 HP to the wheels.

Nice win for the E55 though they are no joke on the highway. Do you have any performance mod's?
Wish I could tell you what they were other than Yamaha's although they were NOT crotch rockets. I'm a biker myself which is why I was surprised...and pleased that I was able to out run them both.

You have a V-rod that runs 10's and a sport bike that "walks all over the Harley"? Fast bikes indeed.

No mods. Bone stock 2006.

Best part of the whole thing is my wife was riding shot gun the entire time reading a magazine. At a 130 she looked up to see how fast we were going...then went back to reading her magazine without saying a word.

That's a keeper.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none

Best part of the whole thing is my wife was riding shot gun the entire time reading a magazine. At a 130 she looked up to see how fast we were going...then went back to reading her magazine without saying a word.

That's a keeper.
LOL!
Old 04-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Banned

'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
Wish I could tell you what they were other than Yamaha's although they were NOT crotch rockets. I'm a biker myself which is why I was surprised...and pleased that I was able to out run them both.

You have a V-rod that runs 10's and a sport bike that "walks all over the Harley"? Fast bikes indeed.

That's a keeper.
If I catch a 600cc sport bike on the highway and he's not in the right gear I can pull out on them.If the guy knows how to ride&downshifts a few gears it's close.If the rider is a complete squid&on a bone stock bike I will own him off the line&most of the time they can't catch me.

Any new sport bike bigger then a 600 I don't have a chance,nor do most of the cars on this forum either.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:21 PM

They must of been like what is going on. Ya the GSX-R 1000 will go over backwards just by simply rolling the throttle hard in 2nd gear. You can get 80 MPH plus out of 1st gear. You are in the 9 sec range stock on the new 1000's. I was ridding by brothers road king over the weekend and what a slow pig.

I bet the E55 pulls like crazy on the highway. Very nice run.

That's a keeper.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Banned

'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
. Ya the GSX-R 1000 will go over backwards just by simply rolling the throttle hard in 2nd gear. .
C'mon man,they're fast but a 1K isn't flipping over backwards in 2nd gear
Old 04-03-2008, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 312 Likes on 230 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Reminds me of the time I was on a hilly street in San Francisco. A black guy on a Harley with a beanie helmet was next to me at a red light. We both took off and I shocked the hell out of him. Since the lights were timed for the speed limit, we both got to the next light on red .

My wife and kid were with me. The wife was already very nervous but the boy was egging me on. So we take off again and I really make some gains on him before the next light. He drops behind me. My wife thought he was going to shoot us or something but he was looking at the badge. He clearly knew what "S65" meant and swung back around to my left and flashed a huge grin and a thumb's up. My kid still talks about it. My wife doesn't.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:09 PM
deloreandriven

That's a keeper.

LOL......thats a keeper for shure
Old 04-04-2008, 09:21 AM

Oh no that is very incorrect. On any newer R1, CBR1000 RR and Gixxer 1000's you bring the revs up in 2nd let off snap it or clutch it and you will go over backwards. I have been there where I had to hit that back brake or it was going over.

Look at my aviator that was a 2nd gear pull on the highway and it will go over.

Here is a 2nd gear wheelie if snapped or clutched hard you can see how easy it would be for this to go bad quick. I mean look at the first link there an R6 that rolls 2nd.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...s&search_type=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m89JXWtW9Ug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NtfC98voGA&NR=1

What year and size Gixxer did you have or do you have. I am assuming by the name you have some experience with bikes? If you have not ridden a new 1000 get on bring the revs up and crack it and see what happens is all I can say. Just be prepared to tap that rear and bring it down slowly

Originally Posted by oldgixxer
C'mon man,they're fast but a 1K isn't flipping over backwards in 2nd gear
Old 04-04-2008, 11:30 AM

In addition to my MB's I've got two Harleys. Typically they're relatively slow - but that's not what you have a harley for.

Of those two, I've got a Heritage that will dust an E55 in shorter distances and even at roll-on if I want - probably up to around 110-120. I'm actually just finishing the build, but the motor will dyno at 140lbs tq, coming on with over 100lbs at 2000rpm and a very flat tq line. Running a Jims 6spd w/comp cut gears. The E55 would probably walk a little off the start because I won't be able to get enough rubber down to stay upright, but after that..... Busas will take me but only after a bit - I've got way too much immediate torque. Of course, I'm also carrying a windshield, GPS, and saddlebags. I can run them while carrying my lunch and do it all day long. But they'll kill me in the twisties.

Just twist and grin.

And I get better fuel mileage
Old 04-04-2008, 12:06 PM

Sounds like the one's he ran into fell into the slower catorgory. I can easily see an E55 walking something like a Road King or the like anyday. Now if you build it with cam's head etc that may be different. Still puts a nice grin on your face when you have a car with a passenger that walks away from any bike.

What I love on the V-Rod is all that TQ you have at the get go. Nice thing with the V is you can rev it up and dump the clutch from the get go and just hold on. Now try that with the sport bike and you will be banging your head off the pavement. I run my brother who also has a Gixxer 750 and I will get him off the line and then it is all over for me. There is not even a chance I can gain ground.

Sounds like you will have a nice ride when you are done.

Originally Posted by wmhjr
In addition to my MB's I've got two Harleys. Typically they're relatively slow - but that's not what you have a harley for.

Of those two, I've got a Heritage that will dust an E55 in shorter distances and even at roll-on if I want - probably up to around 110-120. I'm actually just finishing the build, but the motor will dyno at 140lbs tq, coming on with over 100lbs at 2000rpm and a very flat tq line. Running a Jims 6spd w/comp cut gears. The E55 would probably walk a little off the start because I won't be able to get enough rubber down to stay upright, but after that..... Busas will take me but only after a bit - I've got way too much immediate torque. Of course, I'm also carrying a windshield, GPS, and saddlebags. I can run them while carrying my lunch and do it all day long. But they'll kill me in the twisties.

Just twist and grin.

And I get better fuel mileage
Old 04-04-2008, 01:42 PM

They must of been like what is going on. Ya the GSX-R 1000 will go over backwards just by simply rolling the throttle hard in 2nd gear. You can get 80 MPH plus out of 1st gear. You are in the 9 sec range stock on the new 1000's. I was ridding by brothers road king over the weekend and what a slow pig.

I bet the E55 pulls like crazy on the highway. Very nice run.
I've been driving fast cars most of my life and the E55 is by far my favorite car of all time...so far. Just a tick behind the Turbo P car I had back in the mid 80's but a completely different kind of car. It just does everything so well while not drawing any attention.

I've got a couple of hot ones in the garage that see little road time because I'd just rather drive the E.

There will be V12TT in my future for sure. TORQUE RULES.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Banned

Oh no that is very incorrect. On any newer R1, CBR1000 RR and Gixxer 1000's you bring the revs up in 2nd let off snap it or clutch it and you will go over backwards. I have been there where I had to hit that back brake or it was going over.

Here is a 2nd gear wheelie if snapped or clutched hard you can see how easy it would be for this to go bad quick. I mean look at the first link there an R6 that rolls 2nd.

What year and size Gixxer did you have or do you have. I am assuming by the name you have some experience with bikes? If you have not ridden a new 1000 get on bring the revs up and crack it and see what happens is all I can say. Just be prepared to tap that rear and bring it down slowly
I qouted this statement of yours:
... "Ya the GSX-R 1000 will go over backwards just by *simply rolling the throttle hard* in 2nd gear"
And again,I can tell you thats happening.Clutching the bike or chopping the throttle so the suspension compresses&then snapping the gas back open the bike will come up in 2nd no doubts.But not simply "rolling on the throttle hard" as you originally said.
So,clutching up a 1K in 2nd is a no brainer,a simple tug on the bars &a qwik snap of the throttle at 9k rpm will do it.But unless your geared it's definitely NOT going backwards by just rolling the throttle on as youd be doing well over 100mph by then in 2nd.I know these bikes like the back of my hand;I've been riding for 30+years
I've got a '05 GSXR-1k that has a built 1070cc engine&dyno's over 200rwhp.It also runs 8's&traps close to 170mph on motor&stock wheelbase.I have a Busa w a 1430cc Carpenter engine that puts down 250+rwhp&140+ft/lbs torque....
So,I guess you can say I have a *lil* experience with bikes

Last edited by oldgixxer; 04-04-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
I've got a '05 GSXR-1k that has a built 1070cc engine&dyno's over 200rwhp.It also runs 8's&traps close to 170mph on motor&stock wheelbase.I have a Busa w a 1430cc Carpenter engine that puts down 250+rwhp&140+ft/lbs torque....
WTF is wrong with you man!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
WTF is wrong with you man!!!
I'm jaded thats all
Old 04-04-2008, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Blah blah, blah. I could run up the drag strip quicker than your Hayabusa.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Blah blah, blah. I could run up the drag strip quicker than your Hayabusa.

Bastid!
Old 04-04-2008, 02:33 PM

Correct I meant bringing the revs up letting off and snapping it not just rolling on the throttle sorry I should of explained that better.

Sounds like you have some bad *** bikes. Like I said the first time I rode that Gixxer 1000 and brought the revs up to just about red line, let off just for a sec to merge on the highway and cracked it again it was almost all over. I could not believe that thing just stood straight up. I have enough experience to know how to bring it back down slowly which saved me from loosing it. After you do 1 or two tank slaps you learn pretty quick I came from a 2001 Gixxer 750 and 1st gear wheelies no problem but you had to really clutch 2nd gear ones. No clutching needed on the 1000.

I bet your bikes will stand up in 3rd with a little work of the clutch wont they ?

I qouted this statement of yours:
... "Ya the GSX-R 1000 will go over backwards just by *simply rolling the throttle hard* in 2nd gear"
And again,I can tell you thats happening.Clutching the bike or chopping the throttle so the suspension compresses&then snapping the gas back open the bike will come up in 2nd no doubts.But not simply "rolling on the throttle hard" as you originally said.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Banned

The 1000 will pull the wheel in 3rd even though it's lowered,the Busa is 6in over&slammed to the ground and will flip itself over if launched too hard in 1st,&will stand straight up on you in 2nd if your not careful.I have a friend who has his own 8sec Busa w nitrous who refuses to ride mine at the track after scaring the poo-poo outta himself one nite at englishtown

I love bikes
Old 04-04-2008, 05:45 PM

2006 C280 4MATIC, 2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000 race bike

sorry, but doing a wheelie any other time than when you are crossing the finish line of a race is for squids.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:56 PM

I have never been able to git rid of the bike bug myself. Just those days the cars do not do it

The 1000 will pull the wheel in 3rd even though it's lowered,the Busa is 6in over&slammed to the ground and will flip itself over if launched too hard in 1st,&will stand straight up on you in 2nd if your not careful.I have a friend who has his own 8sec Busa w nitrous who refuses to ride mine at the track after scaring the poo-poo outta himself one nite at englishtown

I love bikes
Old 04-04-2008, 06:58 PM

Let me know if you ever sell your bike. One that has not been on the back tire are far a few between.

Heck on the 1000 how do you ride it without having the front come off the ground?

Originally Posted by anthony d
sorry, but doing a wheelie any other time than when you are crossing the finish line of a race is for squids.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:32 PM

2006 C280 4MATIC, 2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000 race bike
Heck on the 1000 how do you ride it without having the front come off the ground?
its called having good throttle control. hell, even when i rode oldgixxer's 200+rwhp 1000 i didn't wheelie it. spun the rear tire a bit, but that was about it.

Last edited by anthony d; 04-04-2008 at 07:34 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Surprised some bikers yesterday. Long