Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

10sec Marc's Stage III S4 vs Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by Marc
That's a motor swap. Totally different. Plus, that swapped in motor isn't even stock. Don't you have aftermarket cams and some other ***** in there?

My S4 is running the same bone stock motor that it came with from the factory. Stock compression ratio, stock displacement, stock number of power adders, no nitrous, etc. It's a bone stock motor with 3-4 bolt ons and that's it. That's why this car continually impresses me.
It's the same thing like swapping the OEM turbos on your car from the RS4 except I did a whole OEM motor. And I took the cams out and sold them if you look in my classifed thread you'll see that for proof! So the motor is BACK to STOCK!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by anthony d
no one missed that point marc. what everyone here is trying to tell you, and what you are failing to understand, is that even though they might be stock turbos on another audi, they are not the stock turbos that came on your car. unless your car specifically came off the factory line with those turbos installed, it is not stock. there is a reason people like youi change the factory k03 turbos to the k04 turbos, and i would be willing to bet large sums of oldgixxer's money that is isn't just because they are "more reliable"...

and if you wouldn't mind, answer me this. what is the point of having 8 cars? and don't say "because i can", since you make is blatantly clear that money is an issue with you.
He knows that ,he's just trying to play the technical dumb dumb! Audi OEM parts so the car is stck!!

Then My C43 with the 5.5l motor is stock too. I did a motor swap and he did a turbo swap. Both cars have OEM parts,but as far as he is concerned my car is not stck. GO figure!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

He didn't pass me until 135-140. That's incredible that I was able to hang for as long as I did considering the Z06 traps as high as 130 bone stock. I mean eventually the Z06 will pass me no matter what. Don't they go like 200 MPH? Gotta get something for your 80 grand.
blah blah blah!!!!

Pretty sick that I can be right next to a 125-130 trap car, even to speeds equal to or just slightly faster than the trap speed. Never in my wildest dreams did I think my 3500+ pound 4 door all wheel drive S4 with 3-4 bolts would hang with a C6 Z06 like that all the way on up to 135-140. Can you imagine a real race... standing 1/4 mile?
Wow amazing you had time to look down and see how fast you were going at those speeds! You're the man kid!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 04-04-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C280 4MATIC, 2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000 race bike
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
He knows that ,he's just trying to play the technical dumb dumb! Audi OEM parts so the car is stck!!
i wish i had known that was the case back when i had my 3000gt vr-4! i would have put the 3.5l montero motor in it, with some big mitsubishi heavy industries diesel truck turbos on it, and it would have still been stock!!!
Old 04-05-2008, 05:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
I think we ended the race at about 135-140...I was starting to pass you much earlier.

Marc, you should sell one of your cars, get $$$, and build the motor on the blue car...Garrett turbos and spray
Old 04-05-2008, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
from what i recall marc wanted to do that a few months ago, idk what happened with that idea though.....
Old 04-05-2008, 03:46 PM

Audi S4 Avant and BMW X5 4.4
nice runs Bobby........that's a good spot in Mexico for some fun. Is there gonna be a rematch soon?
Old 04-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Almost a Member!

Nissan Altima SE-R
no one missed that point marc. what everyone here is trying to tell you, and what you are failing to understand, is that even though they might be stock turbos on another audi, they are not the stock turbos that came on your car. unless your car specifically came off the factory line with those turbos installed, it is not stock. there is a reason people like youi change the factory k03 turbos to the k04 turbos, and i would be willing to bet large sums of oldgixxer's money that is isn't just because they are "more reliable"...

and if you wouldn't mind, answer me this. what is the point of having 8 cars? and don't say "because i can", since you make is blatantly clear that money is an issue with you.
This is what I've been trying to argue from the begginning! Your S4 does NOT, I repeat, does NOT come with OEM k04 turbos. The RS6 does come with stock k04 turbos. Regardless of platform and all that crap that you throw in to distort the argument, your turbos are not OEM or stock or factory or whatever the hell else you wanna call it for YOUR car.

Phew. Nice run again Bobby.

Marc, sell your cars and get a Z06. That way you can turn on the air conditioner and maybe have a car with an exhaust for once.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When did I say they were the stock turbos that came on the car?

What I said is that they are OEM turbos and intercoolers from the RS4, a car that is built on the same exact B5 chassis as the S4 and which also has a 2.7L motor.

The point that most of you are missing is that K04s are a joke. If you put them up next to K03s, you'd be hard pressed to find the difference. They are that small. They spool up instantly and are nothing more than a reliable, OEM replacement to the crappy K03s.

I have 8 cars because every one of them was a great deal. I will only buy a car if I can either make money on it or drive it for a year or so and break even on it. For example, I paid only $27K for my RS6.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:52 PM

It's the same thing like swapping the OEM turbos on your car from the RS4 except I did a whole OEM motor. And I took the cams out and sold them if you look in my classifed thread you'll see that for proof! So the motor is BACK to STOCK!
Then yes, you have an OEM engine in your car. Same thing like my S4 has OEM turbos and intercoolers. So what's the problem?
Old 04-05-2008, 07:52 PM

blah blah blah!!!!

Wow amazing you had time to look down and see how fast you were going at those speeds! You're the man kid!
I didn't look down. I data log all of my runs and look at the data later on.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:54 PM

i wish i had known that was the case back when i had my 3000gt vr-4! i would have put the 3.5l montero motor in it, with some big mitsubishi heavy industries diesel truck turbos on it, and it would have still been stock!!!
That's a little different. The Montero and truck turbos didn't come from the factory in a car that shared the same platform/chassis/engine as the 3000GT. Apples to oranges comparison.

Again, I never said my S4 came with RS4 turbos or intercoolers from the factory. All I'm saying is they're OEM parts with Audi part numbers which came from a car that shares the same platform/chassis/engine as the S4.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I think we ended the race at about 135-140...I was starting to pass you much earlier.
My 4th ends at about 135 MPH according to the logs. In the video, you were just starting to pass me as I was shifting to 5th. So that's where I got the 135-140 from.

Marc, you should sell one of your cars, get $$$, and build the motor on the blue car...Garrett turbos and spray
Costs too much money and that's no fun. I like beating people with nothing. That's what makes it so much fun. Anyone can throw money in a car and build the motor, go with big turbos, nitrous, etc. But it's more fun going fast with all OEM parts and little to no money invested.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by AltySE-R
This is what I've been trying to argue from the begginning! Your S4 does NOT, I repeat, does NOT come with OEM k04 turbos. The RS6 does come with stock k04 turbos. Regardless of platform and all that crap that you throw in to distort the argument, your turbos are not OEM or stock or factory or whatever the hell else you wanna call it for YOUR car.

Phew. Nice run again Bobby.

Marc, sell your cars and get a Z06. That way you can turn on the air conditioner and maybe have a car with an exhaust for once.
You're confusing the RS6 with the RS4. My S4 has RS4 turbos, not RS6 turbos.

You're also wrong in saying that my turbos are not OEM. They are absolutely positively OEM turbos with Audi part numbers. This is what I've been saying from the beginning. Never once did I say my car came from the factory with them. I'm just pointing out the simple fact that they're factory engineered OEM turbos and intercoolers which came from the RS4, a car built on the same chassis/platform as the S4 which also had a 2.7L engine. I want people to know that this car is comprised almost entirely of OEM parts and that it has no mickey mouse aftermarket parts in it (aside from the CF hood and trunklid which I got for free, that is).

Why would I buy a new Z06 for $80K? So I can drive it for a year or two and lose a quarter of my money? What's the point? Everyone knows a Z06 is fast... It's expected to beat everything. Where's the fun in that? It's fun beating people in cars that they wouldn't expect to be beaten in... Cars like Dodge Magnums, Audi A6s, and Dodge Spirits. S-L-E-E-P-E-R-S.

Speaking of nice cars with A/C and stock exhausts, how about we race your SE-Rice against my A6?
Old 04-05-2008, 08:05 PM

Oops, just read your signature and see that your SE-R has some riced out fart can exhaust on it. That's OK though, I'll still run it.

Last edited by Marc; 04-05-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Banned

'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
Kind of off topic,but I built a GSXR with mixed-matched OEM Suzuki parts back in the day.All OEM & nothing aftermarket;it took alot of thought and ingenuity but I was proud of it when it was finished.I made alot of money with that bike at Nathans on tuesdays&thursdays...ahh the good old days before ricers ruined it for everyone

Sleepers FTMFW!
Old 04-05-2008, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by oldgixxer
Kind of off topic,but I built a GSXR with mixed-matched OEM Suzuki parts back in the day.All OEM & nothing aftermarket;it took alot of thought and ingenuity but I was proud of it when it was finished.I made alot of money with that bike at Nathans on tuesdays&thursdays...ahh the good old days before ricers ruined it for everyone

Sleepers FTMFW!
Haha I miss the good days of Nathan's on Thursday nights. Those were the days when you could actually run stoplight to stoplight on Central Ave. without fear of being arrested, having your car impounded, etc.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Almost a Member!

Nissan Altima SE-R
You're confusing the RS6 with the RS4. My S4 has RS4 turbos, not RS6 turbos.

You're also wrong in saying that my turbos are not OEM. They are absolutely positively OEM turbos with Audi part numbers. This is what I've been saying from the beginning. Never once did I say my car came from the factory with them. I'm just pointing out the simple fact that they're factory engineered OEM turbos and intercoolers which came from the RS4, a car built on the same chassis/platform as the S4 which also had a 2.7L engine. I want people to know that this car is comprised almost entirely of OEM parts and that it has no mickey mouse aftermarket parts in it (aside from the CF hood and trunklid which I got for free, that is).

Why would I buy a new Z06 for $80K? So I can drive it for a year or two and lose a quarter of my money? What's the point? Everyone knows a Z06 is fast... It's expected to beat everything. Where's the fun in that? It's fun beating people in cars that they wouldn't expect to be beaten in... Cars like Dodge Magnums, Audi A6s, and Dodge Spirits. S-L-E-E-P-E-R-S.

Speaking of nice cars with A/C and stock exhausts, how about we race your SE-Rice against my A6?

Lol Marc. Why is my SE-R rice? It's all OEM parts . Oh, also, what the hell is a mickey mouse aftermarket part? I'm merely congratulating Bobby on a well done race, considering YES the car IS hard to launch from 50mph, you'd be surprised what 505hp in a 3100 pound package can do. He spins out every time it goes close to redline. Also, this is his first manual car. Ever. He learned on this thing so yes I think it is impressive, regardless of whether your "OEM" "Stock" "Factory" "Weight reduced tin can" is heavily modded or not.

I don't mean disrespect to your car. You put your money in, you do the mods and it runs very well. I appreciate that you look for the sleeper status. That's all good in my book. What I don't appreciate is you just constantly distorting the facts of the matter. The fact that the company that made you car produced a certain part for a certain model doesen't make the particular part OEM for YOUR car. An example of this would be if I put the twin turbos from a skyline on to my Altima. Granted, the turbos are OEM for the skyline, however, they are NOT OEM for my car.

Your cars are fast Marc. I'm not disputing that. I'm just saying try not to downplay your losses to take away from someone elses accomplishment.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:18 AM

Lol Marc. Why is my SE-R rice? It's all OEM parts .
Injen, RacingLine, and Mossy sound like rice to me. But one thing's for sure, they sure as hell ain't OEM!

Oh, also, what the hell is a mickey mouse aftermarket part?
Mickey mouse aftermarket parts would be stuff like Ebay turbo kits, Ebay FMICs, or even products from more well known aftermarket companies. For example, aftermarket turbo kits for Evos, STIs, etc. So much of it is junk... The manifolds leak, crack, etc.

The turbos and intercoolers on my car are OEM parts and factory engineered parts for the same chassis/platform/engine as my S4. It's not some mickey mouse aftermarket junk.

I'm merely congratulating Bobby on a well done race,
I congratulated him too. But saying my S4 is "heavily modded" when all it has is a couple bolt-ons is silly. Your excitement in the video was also kinda funny and flattering to me in a way. Again, why is it such a surprise that an $75K+ C6 Z06 supercar would beat a four door AWD sedan from a roll, let alone to speeds in excess of 130 MPH? I'm actually real surprised I held as well as I did. There are some bone stock C6 Z06s that have been driven to 10.9 to 11.1 on the forums @ 127-130 MPH. That is pretty damn fast.

considering YES the car IS hard to launch from 50mph, you'd be surprised what 505hp in a 3100 pound package can do.
How do you launch a car at 50 MPH? WTF?

Trust me, I'm not surprised at all by what a high horsepower, RWD car can do as I've owned some in the past with 800+ HP. But a bone stock C6 Z06 from a roll is going to be an easy car to drive since it has traction control, huge steam roller tires, etc. But I do realize this is your buddy's first stickshift car and he is inexperienced, so I do give him credit which I also gave him at the beginning of this thread.

He spins out every time it goes close to redline. Also, this is his first manual car. Ever. He learned on this thing so yes I think it is impressive, regardless of whether your "OEM" "Stock" "Factory" "Weight reduced tin can" is heavily modded or not.
That's weird because I didn't see, hear, or detect any type of wheel spin in any of the videos that were posted.

Tin can? How do you figure? The silver S4 has everything in it. It even has the spare/jack in the trunk.

I don't mean disrespect to your car. You put your money in, you do the mods and it runs very well. I appreciate that you look for the sleeper status. That's all good in my book. What I don't appreciate is you just constantly distorting the facts of the matter.
Nobody is distorting jack ***** except you with your asinine statements that my car doesn't have OEM turbos and that it is "heavily modded" when you had no idea what was even done to the car at the time you made that statement.

The fact that the company that made you car produced a certain part for a certain model doesen't make the particular part OEM for YOUR car. An example of this would be if I put the twin turbos from a skyline on to my Altima. Granted, the turbos are OEM for the skyline, however, they are NOT OEM for my car.
Again, I said the turbos and intercoolers on my S4 are OEM which they are. Further, they are the stock, factory, and OEM turbos for the RS4 which was built on the same B5 chassis/platform as the S4 and which also uses a 2.7L V6.

Your Skyline example is grossly exaggerated since you're talking about turbocharging an SE-R which isn't turbocharged from the factory. That means you're adding a power adder. Not to mention that the Skyline is not the same chassis/platform as your SE-R and does not share the same motor. Apples to oranges comparison here or as you would put it: "distorting the facts of the matter."

Your cars are fast Marc. I'm not disputing that. I'm just saying try not to downplay your losses to take away from someone elses accomplishment.
He seemed to drive the car pretty well for his first stickshift car. I also had no problem in conceding that I lost the race. But I just can't agree with your assertion that this is an "accomplishment" since anybody with money can go to the Chebby dealer and buy a brand new Z06 and beat almost every car out there from a 45 MPH roll. Maybe that's why I never enjoyed all the flashy cars I've owned in the past (AMGs, Supras, Z06s, etc). Because people EXPECT you to win when you have an expensive sports car. It feels a whole lot better when you beat somebody in a car that you actually built or had a hand in making all that horsepower, rather than just buying it from the dealer. That's just me though. But no, I'm sorry, in no way, shape, or form can I consider it an "accomplishment" that he beat my $8000 AWD sedan from a 45 MPH roll. Beat me in a standing 1/4 mile race and then I'll give him a lot more credit, especially in the driving department. Oh and trust me, it CAN be done. The silver S4 is only a mid to high 11 second car on pump gas.

Last edited by Marc; 04-06-2008 at 03:23 AM.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:45 AM

"OMG you took him!!!! Keep going!!!! Nooooooo way!!!!"
Old 04-06-2008, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Then yes, you have an OEM engine in your car. Same thing like my S4 has OEM turbos and intercoolers. So what's the problem?
I guess we have to go back to the obvious!

Fact is,stock, my car comes with a 4.3L motor which is stock for a C43!! Helloooo! The 5.5L motor is not the stck motor for a C43!
What is it about my point that you don't understand?

Basically what you did was UPGRADE your STOCK S4 OEM parts with STOCK OEM parts from an RS4!

Common sense, what's STOCK for an RS4 would be an upgrade and NOT STOCK for an S4. Simple as that and that is the point. Your S4 does not have STOCK S4 parts on it. It has STOCK RS4 parts on it! You're not driving an RS4. Just like I'm not driving a C55.

Kill the play on words Marc you know what folks are trying to say here about your car setup!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 04-06-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Great discussions, very entertaining...

Marc, so what top speeds did your data logging show? I'm curious to what we hit.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by EvilllEmpirE
nice runs Bobby........that's a good spot in Mexico for some fun. Is there gonna be a rematch soon?
Yo Jackson! What's up bro? Long time no see. You back in NJ? I'll probably see you at the Edgewater meets if you're around in the summer. Take it easy man.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Don't feed the K04'd troll, please.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:45 PM

Suzuki Burgman Executive
We had some nice friendly runs tonight in Mexico. 45-130/140, 3 honk...clean runs.

Both Runs. High Quality. GOOD VIDEO! - filmed from Marc's car
http://www.titsup-racing.com/video/s..._vs_C6_Z06.wmv

Run 1: - filmed from Corvette
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05857071680655

Run 2: - filmed from Corvette
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...74835884086407

My C6 Z06 is bone stock and his B5 S4 has some carbon fiber bits and a Stage III K04 setup.

Fun night. Nice runs Marc! Can't wait for the rematch with you on race fuel! Hopefully I'm still stock by then...
sorry to burst youre buble thats not a 10 second s4 stage 3 are around 550 hp stage 3's use k04's and no k04 s4 has reached the 10s mark

this is a 10 second s4
nice runs btw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM9QOgke154

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 10sec Marc's Stage III S4 vs Z06