Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

10sec Marc's Stage III S4 vs Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by Marc
It ran a best of 11.67@120.45 on 104 octane two summers ago, but I've changed a few things like the injectors, MAF, and tune. So my best guess at this point is 119-121 on 93 octane.
Stock C6 zo6 runs mid 11s@126+mph so your toast from a highway roll with a good zo6 driver.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
Stock C6 zo6 runs mid 11s@126+mph so your toast from a highway roll with a good zo6 driver.
Like I said, the 11.6@120 was two years ago. My silver S4 is a different car now. It'll probably run that same 11.6 @ 120+ but do it on pump gas now.

Rolls are for bakers! With the right money, ANYONE can buy horsepower and kill anything from a roll. I'm sorry, but there's just no skill or brains in that. The reason why 1/4 mile drag racing is so popular in this country is because it combines so many different variables such as horsepower, torque, weight, gearing, driver skill, traction, reliability, etc. When you race from a roll, a lot of these variables are eliminated and it becomes a race of who has more horsepower. If we wanna see who has more horsepower, we should just put both cars on the dyno. And again, whoever has more money will win that, just like they'll win from a baker roll.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Like I said, the 11.6@120 was two years ago. My silver S4 is a different car now. It'll probably run that same 11.6 @ 120+ but do it on pump gas now.

Rolls are for bakers! With the right money, ANYONE can buy horsepower and kill anything from a roll. I'm sorry, but there's just no skill or brains in that. The reason why 1/4 mile drag racing is so popular in this country is because it combines so many different variables such as horsepower, torque, weight, gearing, driver skill, traction, reliability, etc. When you race from a roll, a lot of these variables are eliminated and it becomes a race of who has more horsepower. If we wanna see who has more horsepower, we should just put both cars on the dyno. And again, whoever has more money will win that, just like they'll win from a baker roll.

We'll have a rematch soon. When weather warms up a bit and I get better at stick, we'll do it from a dig too. It's my daily driver, so I don't want to put DR's on it.

I've been busy with girls, family, work, and sh*t so my time is limited, but you can always catch me on the streets on Thurs nights or just gimme a call dude.

BTW, you got anything to help my buddy Joey out with the blue S4 that ran on Thurs? I'd like to see a rematch after he gets some more work done.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
We'll have a rematch soon. When weather warms up a bit and I get better at stick, we'll do it from a dig too. It's my daily driver, so I don't want to put DR's on it.

I've been busy with girls, family, work, and sh*t so my time is limited, but you can always catch me on the streets on Thurs nights or just gimme a call dude.

BTW, you got anything to help my buddy Joey out with the blue S4 that ran on Thurs? I'd like to see a rematch after he gets some more work done.
Yeah, I have a 6spd trans for him. Tiptronic S4s just simply suck.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by ytryc32amg
But based on those vids i think itallion stallion did a pretty good job,especially since it takes time to adjust to that kind of car. And that heavily modded s4 gave him a run for his money regardless, but a kill is a kill. Great race guys.
I,m actually saying the same thing you said!
Old 04-21-2008, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by ProjectC55
I,m actually saying the same thing you said!
When are we racing?
Old 04-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nissan Altima SE-R
Why are people saying this was a good race?
Marc has repeatedly said his car has stock parts ?
I think Italianstallion should get off his high horse and stop picking on stock cars.

Too late for an April fools joke?

Marc is a good guy I had the pleasure of meeting him last thursday.
Great race you guys!
Old 04-22-2008, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by AltySE-R
Why are people saying this was a good race?
Marc has repeatedly said his car has stock parts ?
I think Italianstallion should get off his high horse and stop picking on stock cars.

Too late for an April fools joke?

Marc is a good guy I had the pleasure of meeting him last thursday.
Great race you guys!
The more I think about it, the more I'm impressed by how well my S4 did in this race. A 3500+ lb luxury sedan grocery getter that makes for a great daily driver (can seat 5 comfortably, does great in the snow, etc) hanging with a $80K 2 seater supercar that has a motor more than 2 1/2 times its size.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
The more I think about it, the more I'm impressed by how well my S4 did in this race. A 3500+ lb luxury sedan grocery getter that makes for a great daily driver (can seat 5 comfortably, does great in the snow, etc) hanging with a $80K 2 seater supercar that has a motor more than 2 1/2 times its size.
Plenty of Japanese cars do this as well. If you take an Evo or WRX and put a couple grand of interior work, you'll have low 10 second luxo sedans.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Banned

'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
Comparisons between boosted&N/A engines are ridiculous
Old 04-22-2008, 08:52 PM

2007 Porsche 997 TT
Originally Posted by oldgixxer
Comparisons between boosted&N/A engines are ridiculous
LOL! That quote is going in my sig. Then why the hell are there 2 billion threads comparing the E55 to the M5?
Old 04-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Banned

'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
Originally Posted by bmwbonehead
LOL! That quote is going in my sig. Then why the hell are there 2 billion threads comparing the E55 to the M5?
There's 3 billion comparing 55 to 63,lol
Old 04-22-2008, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by oldgixxer
Comparisons between boosted & N/A engines are ridiculous.
Not necessarily, they are there to depict the capabilities of low displacement forced induction motors. A 2.7 Liter capable of making reliable power levels that rival that of monstrous 7 Liter...in street applications, any two cars can be compared.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:04 AM

Plenty of Japanese cars do this as well. If you take an Evo or WRX and put a couple grand of interior work, you'll have low 10 second luxo sedans.
You consider a Lancer or Impreza a "luxo" sedan? WTF?

Pretty sure you meant "internal" work and not "interior", but it definitely takes more than a "couple" grand to get those cars into the low 10's. More like 10K to 15K plus. And then you start sacrificing driveability, reliability, etc.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
You consider a Lancer or Impreza a "luxo" sedan? WTF?

Pretty sure you meant "internal" work and not "interior", but it definitely takes more than a "couple" grand to get those cars into the low 10's. More like 10K to 15K plus. And then you start sacrificing driveability, reliability, etc.
No, I meant interior work. If you swap out those racing seats with power adjustable leather seat, re-do the dash in leather, maybe give it an alcantara headliner and a nice touch screen head unit, I don't see why it can't be a luxury sedan. That's what I meant.

Your Audi comes with soft fluffy seats from the factory. The Evo is much more hard-core and aggressive.

To me, Audi's downfall was always styling. Thank God for the new direction they've taken. I saw an S5 the other day on i95 and I couldn't keep my eyes off of it. The R8 is pretty badass, as well as the newer A4 thats coming out.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Almost a Member!

Nissan Altima SE-R
No, I meant interior work. If you swap out those racing seats with power adjustable leather seat, re-do the dash in leather, maybe give it an alcantara headliner and a nice touch screen head unit, I don't see why it can't be a luxury sedan. That's what I meant.

Your Audi comes with soft fluffy seats from the factory. The Evo is much more hard-core and aggressive.

To me, Audi's downfall was always styling. Thank God for the new direction they've taken. I saw an S5 the other day on i95 and I couldn't keep my eyes off of it. The R8 is pretty badass, as well as the newer A4 thats coming out.
I would have to agree with you on this. You can make a luxury sedan into a performance monster and you can make a seemingly performance oriented sedan into a luxury vehicle as well.

In reference to Audi, putting the 4.2L V8 in the R8 was a little confusing to me. I figured they would save the more powerful performance for when the RS version came out, so maybe this could be their reasoning behind it however, I can't knock them for styling, its a beautiful machine that I'm sure handles on rails.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Great kill Bobby!! Can't believe you posted this here on 4/2 and I didnt know about it... You have my number bro....
Old 04-23-2008, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Bobby you sure as hell are learning how to shift that animal Bro!! Must take a lot, I have never driven a stick shift.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by SleeperX
Great kill Bobby!! Can't believe you posted this here on 4/2 and I didnt know about it... You have my number bro....
Thanks dude! I actually lost your # lol. Can't wait to see your beast in action
Old 04-23-2008, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Bobby you sure as hell are learning how to shift that animal Bro!! Must take a lot, I have never driven a stick shift.
Is this Jody?

Thanks dude...I'm like you, I only knew automatic and racing with the old Benz was a joke...put it in the lower gear and floor it. Perfect redline shifts without ever worrying. With this, I'm always nervous. I still have no clue how to launch it from a dig though lol. Plus my shifts could still be muchhhh faster. And I still get worried when I am on a deep hill and a car comes right up on my *** giving me not even a foot to roll back lol
Old 04-26-2008, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
When are we racing?
When my car is ready!! I just donīt have the time like you have to spend my whole life working on my car or various others that I own!!! I donīt have the luxury of being single with no responsibilities anymore

Donīt worry,weīll do this!!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
I donīt have the luxury of being single with no responsibilities anymore
I hear this wayyyy too often. Darn womens! Lol
Old 04-28-2008, 09:40 AM

When my car is ready!! I just donīt have the time like you have to spend my whole life working on my car or various others that I own!!! I donīt have the luxury of being single with no responsibilities anymore

Donīt worry,weīll do this!!
LOL @ spend my whole life working on my cars. I average maybe a few hours a month working on my cars. Like I've said over and over again, every single car I own has a stock motor with bolt-ons, so nothing ever really breaks and they never really need to be worked on.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:42 AM

Sorry, but I can't see how you can make an Impreza or Lancer a luxury sedan by changing the seats and adding a touch screen head unit. There's a lot more to a luxury car than that. For example, NVH is a big one. Cheap interior plastics are another. And there are a lot more. Don't get me wrong, I could care less about luxury, but calling a Lancer or Impreza a luxury sedan is just wrong. They're econoboxes like Neons, Focuses, etc.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by SleeperX
Let's race.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 10sec Marc's Stage III S4 vs Z06