Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Video: 2007 Sti vs. my 2003 S600

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL 55 AMG
Word to the wise: Don't race any mitsubishi evo 9's modded. To be frank you won't be happy!!!! (No I don't have one and I REALLY dislike them!!!!!!!!)
Old 04-20-2008, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by RippedUpMan
Word to the wise: Don't race any mitsubishi evo 9's modded. To be frank you won't be happy!!!! (No I don't have one and I REALLY dislike them!!!!!!!!)
speak for yourself
Old 04-24-2008, 10:48 AM

none
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
the original poster even said that the sti was ahead until about 90. Which seems right since the sti wasn't designed to drive on a nice flat highspeed autobahn.

They were designed to go around gravel and snow corners going around 80mph.

If you been in a sti, then you know most of the power is around 20-80. After about 80 you can feel the power flattening off which coincides with the powertrain loss from awd.

Even from video, he probably would've hung on longer if he didn't hit the rev limiter.
Dude, who are you kidding? UNLESS the Sti/Evo/X-car gets a head start, the S600 is running 10psi on all tires or 87 octane, there is no way in hell-- STOCK TO STOCK, the S600 would only pass up the STi at 90.

Dammit, I'll go make a video... wait till I find one of those cereal box toys on the streets

EDIT: And what do you mean "hung on longer if he didn't hit the rev limiter"? They raced to 120-- your trying to tell me the STi's rev limiter is at 120?
Old 04-24-2008, 10:51 AM

none
Originally Posted by RippedUpMan
Did you get killed by one?

Take out your CL's rear seats, replace the front ones with GT2 seats, throw in a chip, headers, exhaust, air filters, a 150 shot and go do a re-run

Old 04-24-2008, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
That's probably the slowest shifting I'd ever seen in a youtube race video. STi's are not that fast, some of them around where I live currently seem to have a lot of modifications, but most of them are for show. Don't be scared with the ones with front mount intercooler, huge exhaust, 747-style wing, and lowered stance, chances are, and I'm 100% sure, they put out less than 380whp on pump gas. I know this because I have one, threw all the parts on it, without touching the motor, it made 376whp on pump. I got tired and angry that I couldn't go pass 400, and burned the motor, swapped in a Cosworth unit with T78 turbo and it put out 496whp on C16, but the car barely idles. When you see one next time, just gun it.

Note to self: I somewhat miss the car, maybe I should get it out from sleeping stage in NJ and burn some rubbers in Long Island.

Last edited by 2MANYCARS; 04-24-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by Exodus
Dude, who are you kidding? UNLESS the Sti/Evo/X-car gets a head start, the S600 is running 10psi on all tires or 87 octane, there is no way in hell-- STOCK TO STOCK, the S600 would only pass up the STi at 90.

Dammit, I'll go make a video... wait till I find one of those cereal box toys on the streets

EDIT: And what do you mean "hung on longer if he didn't hit the rev limiter"? They raced to 120-- your trying to tell me the STi's rev limiter is at 120?
i was saying the story the original poster story makes sense because from a dig the advantage of awd launch and withthe sti making most of its power in the low to medium end of its power band. It makes sense that he would be playing catch up about 90mph. Then the horsepower and the gearing would take over and he would walk the sti.

As for the rev limiter. If you ever raced with a car that didn't come with a torque converter, you would know once you mis-shift like that it completely kills your acceleration. Even if you hit all the following gears perfectly it kills your time.

I was implying that if he didn't hit the rev limiter and the driver could shift a little better, he would've kepted up with the mercedes a little longer before he got walked.

I'm merely agreeing with the original posters story.

Your the one trying to disagree with the person that was actually at the event.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:25 PM

none
i was saying the story the original poster story makes sense because from a dig the advantage of awd launch and withthe sti making most of its power in the low to medium end of its power band. It makes sense that he would be playing catch up about 90mph. Then the horsepower and the gearing would take over and he would walk the sti.

As for the rev limiter. If you ever raced with a car that didn't come with a torque converter, you would know once you mis-shift like that it completely kills your acceleration. Even if you hit all the following gears perfectly it kills your time.

I was implying that if he didn't hit the rev limiter and the driver could shift a little better, he would've kepted up with the mercedes a little longer before he got walked.

I'm merely agreeing with the original posters story.

Your the one trying to disagree with the person that was actually at the event.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrXk_Pfbmyw

And that wasn't a perfect launch, I know because it's my video. So you tell me how on earth a stock STi is going to touch that? I started at 12, and by the end of 15 I was at 60. I didn't jump on the throttle as hard as I should have in the beginning, but you get the idea.

In any case, I see the op video, don't get me wrong but I do think there is something wrong with the S600, or the Sti was modded and/or bad launch, etc. I refuse to believe that if both cars lined up, launched equally, the STi would be ahead until 90 or so.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55

And that wasn't a perfect launch, I know because it's my video. So you tell me how on earth a stock STi is going to touch that? I started at 12, and by the end of 15 I was at 60. I didn't jump on the throttle as hard as I should have in the beginning, but you get the idea.

In any case, I see the op video, don't get me wrong but I do think there is something wrong with the S600, or the Sti was modded and/or bad launch, etc. I refuse to believe that if both cars lined up, launched equally, the STi would be ahead until 90 or so.
Assuming you have some grippy rubber in back, try this next time. Powerbrake to a bit under 2000RPM, and let her rip. Nice difference in acceleration.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold

believe what ever you want. Yes the s600 has a 200hp advantage but it also weighs 1300lbs more then the sti. So it does take some time to get that much weight moving.

Plus when your talking about from a dig situation, it has more to do with traction then power. Who ever can put the power they have to the ground better will have the better launch and the lead.

In this case awd will have more traction then rwd from a dig, thats a given. I didn't check the gear ratios, but i would imagine the sti would have more aggressive gear ratios since its manual versus the auto s600.

Plus why would the original poster lie about his story, he owns a s600. Why would he want to make his car look bad?
Old 04-25-2008, 08:41 PM

none
believe what ever you want. Yes the s600 has a 200hp advantage but it also weighs 1300lbs more then the sti. So it does take some time to get that much weight moving.

Plus when your talking about from a dig situation, it has more to do with traction then power. Who ever can put the power they have to the ground better will have the better launch and the lead.

In this case awd will have more traction then rwd from a dig, thats a given. I didn't check the gear ratios, but i would imagine the sti would have more aggressive gear ratios since its manual versus the auto s600.

Plus why would the original poster lie about his story, he owns a s600. Why would he want to make his car look bad?
I'm not saying anyone is lying. I just think the STi either wasn't stock, the 600 was sick, bad launch etc. Come on man, I get this-- there's a video, no way around it all I'm saying is if *I* lined up with a stock STi it would be a very different story, nevermind what speed we launch from.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:38 PM

2003 S-600
I'm not saying anyone is lying. I just think the STi either wasn't stock, the 600 was sick, bad launch etc. Come on man, I get this-- there's a video, no way around it all I'm saying is if *I* lined up with a stock STi it would be a very different story, nevermind what speed we launch from.
If *YOU* lined up against a stock STi from a dig I guarantee *YOU* would get your *** handed to *YOU* till 50 at least.. There is a reason why people say AWD cars are king on the street.. Thats because you can take a 280hp car, drop the clutch at 6k and watch it walk away from you as all 4 tires grip and launch the car while your 500hp RWD monster is wasting power fighting the traction control.. Will *YOU* catch him? Yes.. I find it highly unlikely *YOU* will outlaunch a good running stock STi tho.

Yes I had a bad launch the first run.. I have not posted it since I have not had access to this video since the day I made this thread.. But the second I get it I will post it.. That first run i did a burnout and for some reason the car shut off.. When I turned it back on the T/C came on with it so when I launched the car didnt go anywhere cause the T/C was limiting me.. Couple that with an off idle launch and he pulled 10 cars on me right from the get go..

The S600 apparently is not running correctly after just an ECU Reflash.. At the track using the same launch technique racing the STi I rolled a 2.3 60ft and went 13.0@113 (my first pass ever in this car) My next and final pass I grew some ***** and did not worry about blowing off the tires, I launched the car at 1500 rpms and the car flat out went 12.30@114 with a 1.83 60ft.. Im currently waiting on my TCU as apparently its limiting the torque this car is supposed to make.. Throwing in a Johnson Cm30 pump in the car just to be on the safe side also (Car DID make 470/570 on the dyno tho)
Old 04-26-2008, 01:11 PM

none
Originally Posted by Kwik SC
If *YOU* lined up against a stock STi from a dig I guarantee *YOU* would get your *** handed to *YOU* till 50 at least.. There is a reason why people say AWD cars are king on the street.. Thats because you can take a 280hp car, drop the clutch at 6k and watch it walk away from you as all 4 tires grip and launch the car while your 500hp RWD monster is wasting power fighting the traction control.. Will *YOU* catch him? Yes.. I find it highly unlikely *YOU* will outlaunch a good running stock STi tho.

Yes I had a bad launch the first run.. I have not posted it since I have not had access to this video since the day I made this thread.. But the second I get it I will post it.. That first run i did a burnout and for some reason the car shut off.. When I turned it back on the T/C came on with it so when I launched the car didnt go anywhere cause the T/C was limiting me.. Couple that with an off idle launch and he pulled 10 cars on me right from the get go..

The S600 apparently is not running correctly after just an ECU Reflash.. At the track using the same launch technique racing the STi I rolled a 2.3 60ft and went 13.0@113 (my first pass ever in this car) My next and final pass I grew some ***** and did not worry about blowing off the tires, I launched the car at 1500 rpms and the car flat out went 12.30@114 with a 1.83 60ft.. Im currently waiting on my TCU as apparently its limiting the torque this car is supposed to make.. Throwing in a Johnson Cm30 pump in the car just to be on the safe side also (Car DID make 470/570 on the dyno tho)
This is ridiculous, yes if your asleep at the wheel while launching an STi will take you-- applying the same method in every race, so will a Yugo. You heard of pay-pal?

I wager $3000 I can/would/will outlaunch a stock STi. 0-10, 0-20, 0-150-- name it. If your so confident, let's do this! We need an STi and I'm sure we can get a volunteer from the STi forums. Before you decide take a good look at the video I posted a couple posts up, notice I launched to 60 faster than an STi can get to 40 Trust me sire, the only *** I'm getting handed to me is his girlfriends after I leave him trailing in the V12s wake.

So, how confident are you "I'd get my *** handed to me"?

Old 04-26-2008, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp

Nice times Den. But you do know S600´s are slow!!! j/k

I´m surprised you went the cheap way and did not use what´s proven, Kleemann or Renntech. Don´t say I didnt tell ya so!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 02:38 PM

2003 S-600
This is ridiculous, yes if your asleep at the wheel while launching an STi will take you-- applying the same method in every race, so will a Yugo. You heard of pay-pal?

I wager $3000 I can/would/will outlaunch a stock STi. 0-10, 0-20, 0-150-- name it. If your so confident, let's do this! We need an STi and I'm sure we can get a volunteer from the STi forums. Before you decide take a good look at the video I posted a couple posts up, notice I launched to 60 faster than an STi can get to 40 Trust me sire, the only *** I'm getting handed to me is his girlfriends after I leave him trailing in the V12s wake.

So, how confident are you "I'd get my *** handed to me"?

I love how this goes straight to money.. LoL Lets get one thing straight.. Im not putting up a DIME that you can outlaunch an STi.. You wanna do it.. Go right ahead and do it, post a video of it and ill eat my humble pie and apologize to you publicly on the forum for "berating" your driving skeelz.. Thats about all Im gonna do as far as thats concerned.. Your 0-60 video does not impress me.. Show me a video of your stock SL600 running a stock 2007 STi to 60 and beating him on the launch and ill call you the man..

I love it I just posted up what looked like a nice kill vid and its ballooning into a bunch of other *****.. LoL Its amazing, no matter what forum you end up the stupid ***** never changes..
Old 04-26-2008, 02:39 PM

2003 S-600
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Nice times Den. But you do know S600´s are slow!!! j/k

I´m surprised you went the cheap way and did not use what´s proven, Kleemann or Renntech. Don´t say I didnt tell ya so!!!
Uhh what was so cheap about Veloce Performance?
Old 04-26-2008, 02:48 PM

none
I love how this goes straight to money.. LoL Lets get one thing straight.. Im not putting up a DIME that you can outlaunch an STi.. You wanna do it.. Go right ahead and do it, post a video of it and ill eat my humble pie and apologize to you publicly on the forum for "berating" your driving skeelz.. Thats about all Im gonna do as far as thats concerned.. Your 0-60 video does not impress me.. Show me a video of your stock SL600 running a stock 2007 STi to 60 and beating him on the launch and ill call you the man..

I love it I just posted up what looked like a nice kill vid and its ballooning into a bunch of other *****.. LoL Its amazing, no matter what forum you end up the stupid ***** never changes..
Don't get all personal jackass, I was just making an observation-- sorry you don't like it.

It's not ballooning into anything, were still on the video are we not? And my video isn't there to impress you airhead, it's there to get you an idea of how a properly launched 600 moves to 60, find one of an STi and watch em side by side.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:52 PM

2003 S-600
Don't get all personal jackass, I was just making an observation-- sorry you don't like it.

It's not ballooning into anything, were still on the video are we not? And my video isn't there to impress you airhead, it's there to get you an idea of how a properly launched 600 moves to 60, find one of an STi and watch em side by side.

Right so now we are at name calling? Good call.. You remind me of the Ls1 clowns who think their engines were touched by Jesus until I showed them what was up in my $3000 POS AWD Eclipse.. Ill tell ya what.. Go and find someone who really knows how to launch their STi and try em on for size.. I guarantee you it will deflate that ridiculously large ego of yours. For some reason im pretty sure you wont do it as you feel it will be "beneath" you.. LoL Callin me a jackass.. LoL I at least posted a kill video of an STi.. All you are showing me is a video of your car going 0-60.. Show me the video of you outlaunching an STi side by side.. Back up your talk Mr. Man..
Old 04-26-2008, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
this guy beats zo6's from a roll
Old 04-26-2008, 10:07 PM

none
And I'm not alone

Shocking, I know.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:08 PM

none
Right so now we are at name calling? Good call.. You remind me of the Ls1 clowns who think their engines were touched by Jesus until I showed them what was up in my $3000 POS AWD Eclipse.. Ill tell ya what.. Go and find someone who really knows how to launch their STi and try em on for size.. I guarantee you it will deflate that ridiculously large ego of yours. For some reason im pretty sure you wont do it as you feel it will be "beneath" you.. LoL Callin me a jackass.. LoL I at least posted a kill video of an STi.. All you are showing me is a video of your car going 0-60.. Show me the video of you outlaunching an STi side by side.. Back up your talk Mr. Man..
Ah, of course-- run along back to class now.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
SL600 500 hp/600 Torque with LSD vs STI 293/290?
SL600 is a roadster its built for this.
Whats going on? lol

SL600 will rip it always..So will the SL55...

STI is nothing...

Last edited by Gondon; 04-26-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:32 AM

2003 S-600
Ah, of course-- run along back to class now.
You're still here? Go get me my video Mr. Man
Old 04-27-2008, 01:33 PM

none
You're still here? Go get me my video Mr. Man
Yeah, I'd love too but I can't seem to find traction
Old 04-27-2008, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
it's there to get you an idea of how a properly launched 600 moves to 60
what kind of skill is involved in stomping on the gas with the ESP on Take your car to the track speed racer and lets see some of this skill.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 c32 99 superduty
I agree with KWIK SC, Anyone who knows how to launch an STI will get you out of the hole.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video: 2007 Sti vs. my 2003 S600