Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

My CLK63 BS vs. CLS55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
just an observation...

has anyone else noticed that one person seems to be in the middle of every flame war we've had as of late? mbworld has been the most polite forum i've been a part of and i've quit visiting other forums (like m5board) because of people like this. i sure hope things don't continue to go south around here.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
Originally Posted by chiromikey
just an observation...

has anyone else noticed that one person seems to be in the middle of every flame war we've had as of late? mbworld has been the most polite forum i've been a part of and i've quit visiting other forums (like m5board) because of people like this. i sure hope things don't continue to go south around here.
Nope,I never noticed
Old 04-19-2008, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by coolcamden
Ouch!
ELLINOPEDO182 you better re-research your facts on my company. The company was incorporated in 2004, been in business since as LLC 2001, and the 30 employee thing is a joke. I have nearly that many in Dallas alone, and nearly 50 in Chicago. Better go find a new research site pal. As for the financials you are way off...done more than 3.5 this year already. Can you also research my operating debt? Because if you can you will note that the company has over 2mm in assests over half my truck are owned (paid for free and clear) and the others I lease. Did it make mention of my facilities? I own those too.

Dude, I hope to god you are not really going to med school, because with poor research like this you are never going to graduate.

One more thing, don't lecture me on fast cars. Anytime you feel like driving down from the ghetto (i mean Gurnee) to Naperville feel free to look me up and stop by and take a gander at my motorcycle and car collection. Like I said before, my nice cars are not even listed in my profile.

Last edited by jrcart; 04-19-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EXODUS seems to be the only sensible person viewing or commenting on this thread. He obviously understood what I said. I never said I could beat every Z06 out there. All I said was a beat one and the several of you jumped on my case about it like I was lying. The same thing when I mentioned the GT 500, several of you jummped on may case again about that and how a modded one would kill me! Well guess what, it was not modded SHOOT ME! That would be like me saying "well if I had a 150 shot in the trunk I could run 10's", but I don't. Hey, all I am saying is that I beat those cars on that given day, who knows what could happen the next time we line up, or the next time I line up against a different Z06. You guys are the ones being defensive. You even doubted the times I posted for the Z06's I saw run today. I just posted exactly what I see on the video tapes...sorry their e/t's were not to your liking.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Can we get some kind of guarantee, like a certified check or some kind of contract written up? I will make some phone calls and have a good driver come out and take up your challenge. I'll pay the $5k if the driver loses. Deal?
No response yet
Old 04-19-2008, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Jrcart,
Back to cars, with a 1.7 sec 60 foot time your going to be low low 11's maybe even a break into the 10's. Bone stock Black on drag times has run 11.98 with a 1.9 sec 60 foot time. Not bad for a road racer. I'm in line for the same mods at EVO so I've done all the hypothetical calculations.
600 FWHP at 3800 lbs comes up low 11's. Can't wait for a dry track.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:24 PM

08 CLK63 Black Series, 11 ZR1, 13 M6, 15 G63
ELLI 182; I just spent 25 minutes reading this one. Lots of jumping the gun on both sides in my opinion. I have met and raced Jim/jrcart with my black series his car tore me up. No stock corvettez06 is going to beat his car not on street tires anyway. His car beat me by at 10 cars in the quarter mile 5 times in a row and I'm a better driver than him I got the holeshot every race. His car makes mph at an insane rate it's easily a second faster than stock. As for his money and company I can't really say but I have been to his house and his garage where he stores his toys and he has some serious artilery in there, better watch what you say because you will be eating a 7 course meal of crow. you are the one that needs to get eduacated and you need to know when to speak

1 more thing he is correct Gurnee is not a very nice area. Maybe you should consider selling a few of your cars and moving into a more respectible town.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jim Brady
Jrcart,
Back to cars, with a 1.7 sec 60 foot time your going to be low low 11's maybe even a break into the 10's. Bone stock Black on drag times has run 11.98 with a 1.9 sec 60 foot time. Not bad for a road racer. I'm in line for the same mods at EVO so I've done all the hypothetical calculations.
600 FWHP at 3800 lbs comes up low 11's. Can't wait for a dry track.
Jim, thanks. How do your figure or factor that e/t? Is there a formula? I am sitting here comparing my slips from last year and today, the differences are astonishing, yet the MPH is nearly the same. Conditions were bad to say the least. After today I am wonering if I could have turned a better e/t with my stock wheels and tires. It was like I was on ice today. At one point the tires were spinning so effortlessly that I thought I broke something, All I heard was engine, not tires did not even feel them spinning.

Good luck with your mods, keep everyone posted.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 SL500 Blk, 2000 BMW M5 Blk (totalled), 2004 VW R32 Blue, 2003 Audi A6 3.0, 2003 BMW 530i
Originally Posted by 573WHPCLS
ELLI 182; I just spent 25 minutes reading this one. Lots of jumping the gun on both sides in my opinion. I have met and raced Jim/jrcart with my black series his car tore me up. No stock corvettez06 is going to beat his car not on street tires anyway. His car beat me by at 10 cars in the quarter mile 5 times in a row and I'm a better driver than him I got the holeshot every race. His car makes mph at an insane rate it's easily a second faster than stock. As for his money and company I can't really say but I have been to his house and his garage where he stores his toys and he has some serious artilery in there, better watch what you say because you will be eating a 7 course meal of crow. you are the one that needs to get eduacated and you need to know when to speak

1 more thing he is correct Gurnee is not a very nice area. Maybe you should consider selling a few of your cars and moving into a more respectible town.
I live in Glenview with my fiance and own a condo in the Gold Coast. Previously lived in the John Hancock Center, and Gold Coast Galleria in Chicago.... Fokionos Negri in Athens, and the ultra-chic Monte Mario in Rome. I am now on the search for a nice condo in the Times Square Area of NYC or Huntington Beach area in Los Angeles... its going to be wherever I end up going for medical school in the next few months. So for coming from the ghetto... I think i've lived in nicer areas than Naperville.

Last edited by ellinopedo182; 04-20-2008 at 01:35 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 SL500 Blk, 2000 BMW M5 Blk (totalled), 2004 VW R32 Blue, 2003 Audi A6 3.0, 2003 BMW 530i
Originally Posted by 573WHPCLS

Well, than i am mistaken. I see that he is also in his 30's, i just do not see someone his age to speak the way he does. This is my reason why I don't like this guy. I really could care less about what he does or anyone else. I was offended the way he talked to other board members. I guess even though I was born in Waukegan IL and from the ghetto and not in Naperville, I was taught to have a little more respect for others and not to talk crap just because someone has a different opinion from mine.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:07 PM

c32amg,c240
Come on man you don't have to be that harsh on the situation. The last thing you need to do is trying to get someone taken to jail, for no reason. You guys have been at it all night, all jr cart was doing is explaining his clk bs and some of you guys kinda twisted things around. But you guys let yall ego and pride interfere with what the whole thread was about. And which caused unneccessary comments to have been said. Both you guys I feel are way better than that, and have taken things to a whole new level. Sometimes you just gotta let things go, I'm tellin you your ego and pride can be your greatest downfall.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by ytryc32amg
Come on man you don't have to be that harsh on the situation. The last thing you need to do is trying to get someone taken to jail, for no reason. You guys have been at it all night, all jr cart was doing is explaining his clk bs and some of you guys kinda twisted things around. But you guys let yall ego and pride interfere with what the whole thread was about. And which caused unneccessary comments to have been said. Both you guys I feel are way better than that, and have taken things to a whole new level. Sometimes you just gotta let things go, I'm tellin you your ego and pride can be your greatest downfall.
LOL. seriously, do you think I am that low of a person to do that? I am just twisting this guys leg, I could care less how he handles his business and what he does. Thats his problem, I just don't like his attitude.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Almost a Member!

BTW, i am not going to post this thread to the other trucking companies I know. I love his car and do think its very fast, I just don't like his attitude in how he defends his car.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:32 PM

c32amg,c240
Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
BTW, i am not going to post this thread to the other trucking companies I know. I love his car and do think its very fast, I just don't like his attitude in how he defends his car.
I totally agree with what your saying about the attitude, it might not have been the best option, but that whats he had felt at the time to explain himself. We're human we can do and say the dumbest things on earth when our pride is on the line, that's all I was sayin. Anyway I know your a good guy stay proud and do your thing with the medical thing. I wish you success aight bro.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
OMG
Old 04-20-2008, 12:23 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
Dude I read this whole thing and Im starting to think we should assume partial CLAYJ status...
Old 04-20-2008, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by jrcart
Jim, thanks. How do your figure or factor that e/t? Is there a formula? I am sitting here comparing my slips from last year and today, the differences are astonishing, yet the MPH is nearly the same. Conditions were bad to say the least. After today I am wonering if I could have turned a better e/t with my stock wheels and tires. It was like I was on ice today. At one point the tires were spinning so effortlessly that I thought I broke something, All I heard was engine, not tires did not even feel them spinning.

Good luck with your mods, keep everyone posted.
Jim,
Mph is only for the last 60 feet. If your not hooking up then your loosing time. You've made up the speed due to the mod's on a slippery track. Go to horsepower calculator on google and it will give you approxiate times based on weight and horsepower. Since we know the hp based on dyno results and we know the weight, the figures are usually in the ball park. If your beating a stock Black by ten car lenghts that equal to 8/10th over a quarter mile. I won't go into all the math but my 40 years of racing tells me
you should pick up .8 of a second over your stock times.

I did want to mention the other myth, I keep hearing from the Zo6 contingent with respect to weight. The Black published weight is 3800 and that INCLUDES DRIVER, 90% of a full tank of gas (90 lbs) and 22 lbs luggage. Vette weigh it dry. Difference is about 275 lbs net. Unless it's the average vette driver then its about equal.
Jimmy
Old 04-20-2008, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
What is with all the idolization of the Z06? Great car, unbelievable performance value right out of the box, with a light clutch, and interior better than most give it credit for. Many, however, throw out the ideal performance of the car which is depicted a marginal percentage of the time, and make little of the fact that this is not the easiest of cars to launch nor extract maximum performance from. A Black Series will be more consistent on the street and on the track, and throwing out the best time for a stock Z06 as retaliatory ammo is narrow minded considering that such a time is rarely seen by a skilled driver, and almost never by the average driver behind the wheel.

ellinopedo182: Reading your responses it appears you are rather intent on provoking the guy...that makes his responses defensive and doesn't get him to see your perspective.

jrcart: Post the videos already. Crap track and crap weather regardless, these cars were compared under the same conditions, so some recorded evidence would certainly help your argument. When it warms up, take to the track and see what that thing can do. Nothing silences (nor proves wrong) like recorded evidence.

And what is this crap about who has a bigger house or looking up other people's "supposed" financial business info? Either approach is just adding fuel to the fire, and dilutes one's commentary.

Although I disagree with jrcart's approach at bragging, I can understand his response to the comments that a "modded whatever" will put him in for a rude awakening...so what? Everyone knows there is always something faster...that is assumed, and no one is that delusional...hence no friggen' point to make that comment.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:36 AM
Almost a Member!

so are we all friends now? sorry for provoking the guy.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Boys - enough is enough. More then a few of you have been edited or given infractions over this thread.

Just calm it down and talk about the cars.

If you must argue - do it with some civility please.

As for the provoking - WHY are some of you doing this. I am more upset at those that will provoke and create a desired response (this is premeditated) then I am by those that react emotionally. Both are not acceptable on this board, but the former is far more troublesome.

I have also read two of the most OUT OF CONTROL and OUT OF LINE posts in this thread. About reporting to the IRS and reporting to a person's competitors or contemporaries in an attempt to either internet blackmail or harm their business. This attitude is not welcome on this forum (or any other that I have a say in) and will not be tolerated, so those that have done this or think it is acceptable - be warned.

Now - back to your regularly scheduled argument.....

Thanks
Brad
Old 04-20-2008, 02:02 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Cliff notes...

Jrcart has a nice car and it make sme drool.

Jrcart is a little confused about how fast a Z06 really is. Stock for stock with equal drivers the C6 Z06 will RAPE a CLK BS. I want a free C6 Z06 but I guess that was just talk.

Drama ensues.

Nothing has changed.

jrcart- Please post a time slip or type up a time slip because I would be interested to see the numbers and may be able to help you predict the time you should run

PS- How much money/cars a person has is irrelevant to the topic at hand. Lets just stay on topic.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 04-20-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
I have spent quite some time reading this thread... and I must say, some of you are pretty immature (probably spelled wrong) and this is coming from a 19 year old.

JRCart: Your car is nice, very nice, but dont get it twisted (I cant remember the last time I used that phrase), a Z06 is a truely amazing car, dont talk smack about it. For about 80k you are getting a supercar that can keep up with a 997TT.

Everyone else: There is no reason to EVER- EVER say that a modded (whatever) could walk whatever car you have. He was just sharing a kill story, he wasnt talking smack about the car, and even if he was, hes talking smack about the car, not modded versions of it. We're driving benzes, if we wanted the fastest car on the road we'd be driving something else, these cars give us a hell of a lot more than brute speed (which they do very well btw). I totally understand why he got pissed right away, i just dont agree with how he expressed his emotions.

Thats just my 2 cents.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:48 AM

none
Bottom line is: on the streets, anything can happen. End of story. I know better then most, I also know better then most the annoyance JRcart goes through when people just refuse to believe the story because of "should-have"s... Yeah, we know... the Z06 should have... should. Key word: SHOULD.

I like the Z06 a lot but seriously, everyone humping it's left nut is kind of making me start to hate the car. Give it a rest... it's why I ended up hating the Veyron, every time someone would say a certain supercar does THIS, "oh yeah but the veyron does this"...

Time for me to get back to work, continue...
Old 04-20-2008, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Cliff notes...

Jrcart has a nice car and it make sme drool.

Jrcart is a little confused about how fast a Z06 really is. Stock for stock with equal drivers the C6 Z06 will RAPE a CLK BS. I want a free C6 Z06 but I guess that was just talk.

It's all in this long drawn out thread.

Drama ensues.

Nothing has changed.

jrcart- Please post a time slip or type up a time slip because I would be interested to see the numbers and may be able to help you predict the time you should run

PS- How much money/cars a person has is irrelevant to the topic at hand. Lets just stay on topic.
Once again, yesterday I ran a terrible 13.19 @ 116mph with a 2.32 60ft time.

Last fall I ran a 12.21 @ 117mph with a 1.79 60ft time.

I think Jim Brady has already calculated that if I can duplicate my 1.79 60ft I should be in the very low 11.0 second range. Keep in mind my passes yesterday were on the Pirelli Corsa running 44psi, I had not aired down yet. Drag wheels and Micky Thompsons are on their way.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in your Mom's car
Originally Posted by jrcart
Do you know how many times I hear "Daddy's Money"? It gets real old, real fast, but it's kind of funny, if that is the best thing you can come up with you are a pretty sorry azz MF! Don't get mad at me be cause you are a pathetic OFF (over financed), don't hate beacuse I spent more on mods than your sorry azz Bimmer is probably worth. Don't hate because I make more money in a month than you will make in a year...or two. Hell, I probably spend more on vacations in a year than you make....don't hate me my friend, don't hate!

You want to see arrogance, I'll show you arrogance...I wrote a check for a Vanquish last weekend...and guess what, the check cleared. My garage is most likely larger than your entire sorry azz house. If I want a faster car, I will go out tomorrow and buy one...if it's not fast enough I will dump $100k into it if I have to. I own a motorcyle that is worth more than your M5. I owned an M5 when they were still cool to own and not yesterdays news... Should I keep going, or has this been arrogant enough? Let me know, I have a ton more material.

EDIT...my mistake I see you own a CL 65 not an M5...I saw your screen name and just assumed?

So do you have the new CL65....or yesterdays news?
Where did you buy your Vanquish from??

Are you coming to the Chicago meet in Woodfield next month??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My CLK63 BS vs. CLS55