Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

08 ML63 vs. 08 Quattroporte Sport S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFF YOU JACKIE
08 ML63 vs. 08 Quattroporte Sport S

So I am leaving my client yesterday afternoon, windows down, 78 degrees, radio on, relaxing at a light. A gentlemen in a Quattro Sport GTS pulls up, comments, nice car, etc. I comment back and say thats a "pretty" car too. Mention that I have a GranTourismo S on order for next year. He say's "Pretty!" "Lets see how pretty it looks when I am in front of you". I say, hmm, ok, light to light? "Sure". Light turns green, and we're off. As I pull away by 2-3 car lengths and approach the next red light, I slow down. He says "I got a bad start", I say, ok, again. Light turns green, and 2-3 car lengths later, we stop at the next light. This time he says, "Lets hop on 287 North, side by side, 70-120". I said, ok, I will follow you.

We proceed to 287, get it up to about 70, traffic clears, honk-honk-honk, and we're off. When I hit 120, I put my flashers on, look in my rearview, and he is about 8 car lengths back. He pulls up again, shakes his head, says "one more time". Ok, honk-honk-honk, and I give him a half second head start, then when I hit 120, put my flashers on and look in my rear view, he's about 5-6 car lengths back. I slow down, give a salute, and pull of the next exit (287 is no where near my way home). I get a honk and a head nod.

Thats my story, just felt like sharing.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Hmmm, I'd cancel that GranTurisimo S order. It's going to get stomped by M3s and up...
Old 05-08-2008, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by transferred
Hmmm, I'd cancel that GranTurisimo S order. It's going to get stomped by M3s and up...
Not the purpose of that car or why I am buying it. I fell in love with that car when I drove the GranTourismo last month. M3's, M5's, etc all a dime a dozen. THe dealer by me can't give them away. How many pure, ferrari at heart, italian masterpieces do you see everyday? How many M3's or M5's do you see? I see tons of them, new and old.

But thats just my two cents.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by ldangeli
Not the purpose of that car or why I am buying it. I fell in love with that car when I drove the GranTourismo last month. M3's, M5's, etc all a dime a dozen. THe dealer by me can't give them away. How many pure, ferrari at heart, italian masterpieces do you see everyday? How many M3's or M5's do you see? I see tons of them, new and old.

But thats just my two cents.
Not to rock the boat but I see more Quatroporte's, Gallardos and F430s than I do both E39 and E60 M5s combined. Of course, M3s area dime a dozen.

Anyhow, the GranTur is a real head turner so to hell with the performance and congrats on the purchase.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Not to rock the boat but I see more Quatroporte's, Gallardos and F430s than I do both E39 and E60 M5s combined. Of course, M3s area dime a dozen.

Anyhow, the GranTur is a real head turner so to hell with the performance and congrats on the purchase.
Aren't you driving an M5?? HAHA. Yeah, out here on the right coast, there are so many M3's/M5's both old and new. I wanted something with a little more, "WTF is that factor".
Old 05-08-2008, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
ldangeli:

Ah Ha!!!! So...you are getting a Maserati GranTurismo S!!! What a beautiful car!!! I love the S's new wheels....any ideas on color/options? For those that don't know they bumped up the displacement from 4.2L to 4.7L and HP & TQ are now at 433hp and 361lb-ft of TQ. You really can't compare this car to a CL63....it is more about style and visceral performance...the sound and feel of that Ferrari sourced powerplant. To me it is a more appealing choice to a Ferrari 612.

Good luck...and BTW nice kill!

Tom
Old 05-08-2008, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by ldangeli
Aren't you driving an M5?? HAHA. Yeah, out here on the right coast, there are so many M3's/M5's both old and new. I wanted something with a little more, "WTF is that factor".
I too wanted the WTF factor, but wanted it when I blow by two-seaters on the freeway.

I do understand your choice though, I'm just attracted to the relative anonymity of my sedan. Or at least I thought. Get more comments at the gas pumps than my P-car so guess I messed up on that one.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by TMC M5
ldangeli:

Ah Ha!!!! So...you are getting a Maserati GranTurismo S!!! What a beautiful car!!! I love the S's new wheels....any ideas on color/options? For those that don't know they bumped up the displacement from 4.2L to 4.7L and HP & TQ are now at 433hp and 361lb-ft of TQ. You really can't compare this car to a CL63....it is more about style and visceral performance...the sound and feel of that Ferrari sourced powerplant. To me it is a more appealing choice to a Ferrari 612.

Good luck...and BTW nice kill!

Tom

Damn! Let the cat out of the bag. Yeah, it is such a beautiful car. I have to go back to the Ferrari / Maserati dealer in a few weeks and finalize everything. They are so far behing in production, they are just now taking orders for Dec. - Jan.

I too wanted the WTF factor, but wanted it when I blow by two-seaters on the freeway.

I do understand your choice though, I'm just attracted to the relative anonymity of my sedan. Or at least I thought. Get more comments at the gas pumps than my P-car so guess I messed up on that one.
No doubt, still a stupendously fantastic choice.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Thumbs up

By the way, forget to say nice kill. When the GT arrives you'll have beauty and the beast. A great combo.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
ML63 is a fast car !
Old 05-08-2008, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
By the way, forget to say nice kill. When the GT arrives you'll have beauty and the beast. A great combo.
My intentions exactly....
Old 05-08-2008, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by Gondon
ML63 is a fast car !
It is a freakish drive. I still have not gotten used to the endless power.

ML63 ///AMG
Old 05-08-2008, 08:14 PM

955 cayenne twin turbo, r230
Nice kill, love the ML63! I had the ML55 for many many years, and it was a fun car... AMGs are funnnn.