Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Road Rage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by Azla
This event took place today, I was on my way back from work driving on the Hillerød Motorway / highway - a major approach road to Copenhagen that runs from Copenhagen city and all the way into North Zealand, past the town I live in.

Anyway, I had just pulled off from a stand still at a red light before the entrance to the highway and had been driving for a little less than 5 minutes and I end behind a guy in a WV Touareg, I turn on my left indicator light, a lane shift to the left and accelerates from 120 km/h to around 135 km/h ( around 83 mph) - then I notice that the guy starts accelerating with me, thus making it impossible for me to re-enter the right lane again, so at first I knock it up a nodge and accelerates to 150 km/h - looking briefly out my right window, I see him looking at me then the road, then me, then the road.
At this point I still could not pull in. Thirty seconds after the "race" started I pulled out, slowed down to 120 km/h again and pulled into the right lane again. The Touareg guy drove away. I was at first a little schocked because of the aggresive driving, I didn't want to risk other motorists lives or my own, just for overtaking one guy who wanted to act tough.

People should realize that overtaking each other is not laughing in their face "Ha ha ha, look I'm going faster than you are!" - Hope the guy will act a little more responsible the next time he is on the road.
That's not road rage man, nor would I consider it aggressive. The guy was most likely just flexing his car a bit having some fun in a straight line. Happened to me today, driving back from work. Was following a older Chrysler 300 as he was moving maybe 25 above the limit, occasionally maneuvering around a light seasoning of traffic. I pull up next to him at a light. Turns green, I accelerate as usual, and the guy passes me full throttle. As he was gaining his second car length jump I pop it into 2nd and give a half throttle squeeze. Bye bye my friend. It's just playing around on an open straightaway. Sometimes you need to give your motor a jab of throttle to liven up an otherwise dull commute.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 clk55 AMG
this happened a few years ago i was going down I 95 in my corvette in the fast lane about 75 mph some dude in a accord gets on 95 and goes from three lanes over right into my lane running me into the grass median i didnt loose control somehow anyway i thought it was an accident on his part so i just go on my way i go about another 5 miles and exit im sitting at the red light and this guy pulls up next to me flips me the bird and tells me to f-off so now im mad i get out of my car and start puching his car and trying to get his door open but wouldnt you know he locked his door then the guy runs the red light to get away. im glad i didnt get ahold of him because i think i would still be in jail. Ive never been that mad before in my life road rage is not good.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackCLK
this happened a few years ago i was going down I 95 in my corvette in the fast lane about 75 mph some dude in a accord gets on 95 and goes from three lanes over right into my lane running me into the grass median i didnt loose control somehow anyway i thought it was an accident on his part so i just go on my way i go about another 5 miles and exit im sitting at the red light and this guy pulls up next to me flips me the bird and tells me to f-off so now im mad i get out of my car and start puching his car and trying to get his door open but wouldnt you know he locked his door then the guy runs the red light to get away. im glad i didnt get ahold of him because i think i would still be in jail. Ive never been that mad before in my life road rage is not good.
patience my friend... you could've wasted your life because of his stupidity. that sob got lucky you weren't able to pull him out of his car.

Last edited by svt ricco; 06-26-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that red one
Originally Posted by svt ricco
patience my friend... you could've wasted your life because of his stupidity. that sob got lucky you weren't able to pull him out of his car.
Or be lucky the guy didn't pull out a gun....
Old 06-26-2008, 08:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackCLK
We say road rage is not the solution to the problem but when you loose your cool, you loose it. I ran into some lady this morning and I was going probably 45mph on my lane she was on the right lane merging onto my lane but the stupid b!tch merges going 30mph and she knew I was there because I saw her looking back on her sideview mirror and but her action must of been stubborn and she did what she did. I tailgated so close to her car that i can see her reaction in the rear view mirror. I got around on her side at a stop light and told her off in front of everyone in traffic and gave her the finger and you know the rest and of course she was angry too.

I drove off and cut her off as well but after a while I think back and realize all I could of done was slow down and let it go.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by itswindee
Or be lucky the guy didn't pull out a gun....
that also
Old 06-27-2008, 04:11 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz 2006 W211 E320 CDI Avantgarde stationwagon
Originally Posted by HLG600
That's not road rage man, nor would I consider it aggressive. The guy was most likely just flexing his car a bit having some fun in a straight line. Happened to me today, driving back from work. Was following a older Chrysler 300 as he was moving maybe 25 above the limit, occasionally maneuvering around a light seasoning of traffic. I pull up next to him at a light. Turns green, I accelerate as usual, and the guy passes me full throttle. As he was gaining his second car length jump I pop it into 2nd and give a half throttle squeeze. Bye bye my friend. It's just playing around on an open straightaway. Sometimes you need to give your motor a jab of throttle to liven up an otherwise dull commute.

I might not have been road rage, but at least I did not say it was a kill story