Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Road Rage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 430
Road Rage

I was reading a thread about a member racing a bimmer and a s4 when he mentioned getting cut off buy some douch bags. He seemed like he handled it preety well which I know I wouldnt. I get into a road rage trance and have some incredibly stupid things when I look back. Thought it would be preety interesting to hear some road rage stories Hell ill throw in a few of my own.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
You are going to get Bashed HARD for this thread.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
This old lady gave me what looked like the bird after I let her out of a side street in heavy traffic. I was 70percent certain, no doubt in my mind that's what she'd done. She tried passing it off as a "thank you wave." "A what?," I asked as I stomped her head into the pavement with my size 12.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,363493,00.html
Old 06-05-2008, 05:35 PM

CLK 430
1985MB you should just go turn yourself in dude. I wont tell anybody but you know...
Old 06-05-2008, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BMW and Mercedes
I have mad road rage, but I have had to temper it......way too much proximity to bosses, etc where I live....not worth a very akward moment in the ready room, etc when the call comes over that I cut someone off on the way to work.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Some bag walk up

One time I was driving down a one lane. The guy infront of me was driving in a Lexus RX300 very slowly. The road was about to become a 2 lane so I swerve to the right before it did, anyway I drive for another 1/4 mile after overtaking the Lexus (when I got into the right lane) and pull up to a red light. The Lexus stops on my right side, the old guy walks out (I had windows down) and yells into my window "THERE IS NO RIGHT LANE THERE YOU KNOW!?" I was like "What!?" and he repeated himself. Funny shizer. What an idiot though. The man was in his early 50's prolly, maybe a bad day or something, but after that situation I feel like I need to carry a gun because you never know what some idiot will do.

Last edited by kindafast; 06-05-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Some guy in a Civic with an awful paint job and obnoxious coffee can exhaust kept high beaming me and blasting his horn because I refused to race him. I come up to a light, get out of my car, walk around the back. I then proceed to attach one end of a cable I keep in my trunk to my rear tow hook. Then I walk over to his car, and hook the cable around the horribly deformed polyurethane excuse he calls a bumper. Get back in the car, wait a few moments for the light to turn green, and then peel out, ripping his bumper from the front end of his car.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:16 AM

07 Clk 550
Originally Posted by HLG600
Some guy in a Civic with an awful paint job and obnoxious coffee can exhaust kept high beaming me and blasting his horn because I refused to race him. I come up to a light, get out of my car, walk around the back. I then proceed to attach one end of a cable I keep in my trunk to my rear tow hook. Then I walk over to his car, and hook the cable around the horribly deformed polyurethane excuse he calls a bumper. Get back in the car, wait a few moments for the light to turn green, and then peel out, ripping his bumper from the front end of his car.
LOL
Old 06-06-2008, 01:43 PM

2004 SL500R / 2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by HLG600

I don't know if this is true (probably is) but the visual of that happening is hilarious! How did you get that much time to hook up both cars? If I saw a guy hooking ANYTHING to my front bumper, he would be my hood ornament. Don't know if I would do it in my SL either. I choose to just avoid the confrontation and move on with my life. Those guys aren't worth my time.

Last edited by Dragoncoach; 06-06-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by Dragoncoach

I don't know if this is true (probably is) but the visual of that happening is hilarious! How did you get that much time to hook up both cars? If I saw a guy hooking ANYTHING to my front bumper, he would be my hood ornament.
He was kidding around. That being said, HLG doesn't leave the house without his Kalashnikov so I could be wrong...
Old 06-06-2008, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
This old lady gave me what looked like the bird after I let her out of a side street in heavy traffic. I was 70percent certain, no doubt in my mind that's what she'd done. She tried passing it off as a "thank you wave." "A what?," I asked as I stomped her head into the pavement with my size 12.
Wussy....
Old 06-06-2008, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Haha, that was my attempt at humor.

In reality, a simple aggressive cutoff is usually an adequate response to some idiot's antics. This is why I rarely drive in the city. Last time some ******* in a small SUV cut across three lanes because he was in the farthermost left and had to make a right. No warning, no waiting, no signal; light turned green and off he went, grazing past me. I was more in awe than in anger at that one.

My favorite is when someone jumps onto a busy main road from a side street without stopping. But here's the best part, after this risky maneuver, they drive a good 15mph below the limit. I have made some tight merges before, but I am out of the hole before the driver behind me has a chance to react. If they are so bent are driving BELOW the limit, one would assume they have the patience to wait a bit for an opening more suited to their driving style.

Last edited by HLG600; 06-06-2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 06-06-2008, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
He was kidding around. That being said, HLG doesn't leave the house without his Kalashnikov so I could be wrong...
Old 06-06-2008, 02:01 PM

14-F Sport, 07-CLS63 2003-HUMMER 2004-Suburban 2008-MAX 2005-YZF R1
Now thats Funny as Hell!
Old 06-06-2008, 02:28 PM

that red one
This happened a few years ago, I was driving home after work one night and a man driving an El Camino came right up my tush tailgating me for a few miles. We were in the right lane and I moved to the left lane to let him pass and he moved directly behind me again, completely on my a$%.

I'm looking at him in my rear view mirror, watching him pound on his steering wheel, making vulgar gestures with his mouth and what looked like yelling and screaming. Now, I'm totally freaking out and I speed up as much as I can changing lanes as often as I can to get this creep away from me. This guy was not going anywhere....

I frantically called my husband and told him what was going on and that I didn't want to go to the house - didn't want this guy following me home. My husband asks me if I can read the license plate of the car and I said, yes. I read it to him and he tells me to stay on the main street and that he's going to call me back in a few minutes. Within 5 minutes (seemed like an eternity) of hanging up with him I see flashing lights behind the El Camino. At that point, I pulled down a side street and the El Camino went flying by with the police chasing right after him.

Till this day I have no idea what the heck that guy was thinking or why he did what he did. What I do know is that he scared the crap out of me.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Originally Posted by itswindee
This happened a few years ago, I was driving home after work one night and a man driving an El Camino came right up my tush tailgating me for a few miles. We were in the right lane and I moved to the left lane to let him pass and he moved directly behind me again, completely on my a$%.

I'm looking at him in my rear view mirror, watching him pound on his steering wheel, making vulgar gestures with his mouth and what looked like yelling and screaming. Now, I'm totally freaking out and I speed up as much as I can changing lanes as often as I can to get this creep away from me. This guy was not going anywhere....

I frantically called my husband and told him what was going on and that I didn't want to go to the house - didn't want this guy following me home. My husband asks me if I can read the license plate of the car and I said, yes. I read it to him and he tells me to stay on the main street and that he's going to call me back in a few minutes. Within 5 minutes (seemed like an eternity) of hanging up with him I see flashing lights behind the El Camino. At that point, I pulled down a side street and the El Camino went flying by with the police chasing right after him.

Till this day I have no idea what the heck that guy was thinking or why he did what he did. What I do know is that he scared the crap out of me.

Great way of handling it!
Old 06-13-2008, 02:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
Great way of handling it!
Old 06-13-2008, 03:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
This happened to me when i was younger. I was driving on the freeway and needed to exit in about 3 exits. I went to the slow lane to drive to my exit.

Then this old lady in a 95 corolla merges in front of me going 45mph. I figured she would eventually speed up. She never did i was getting angry, since there was no traffic and everyone else was going 75-80mph.

I couldn't switch lanes, since everyone else was going so much faster. This is when i had my civic and i retrofitted in some e46 m3 bixenon projectors into my head lights. They were aimed slightly higher then they should.

I finally got fed up and turned on the high beam portion of my bixenons. I blinded her really badly, since she kinda swirved a bit and the light of the light hit her rear mirror and blinded me back.

I quickly turned them off, but all she ended up doing was tilting her mirror and kepted driving the same speed.

I eventually found a opening and switched lanes. I never used my high beams again after that. I felt bad that i almost made her crash, but she shouldn't be on the freeway if she can't drive past 45mph.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:41 AM
Almost a Member!

E55 or CL600, if I could make up my mind
I had two similar experiences, both times I'm in the Navi, and up against two different full size pickup trucks in the city, guy driver with girl passenger.

1. I turn left at a light, and guy one comes from the opposite direction making a right turn on the same 2 lane road. 2 lanes, 2 cars, no problem for sane people. He wildly cuts across traffic behind me, gets into the left turn lane at the next light, and I see the 40something chick roll down her window and yell at me with a beet red face. I have my window up and the tunes bumping, so I was going to ignore her, until I saw the driver flipping me off.
I cut the tunes, rolled down my window and yelled at them all the expletives and threats of bodily harm I could come up with. Their heads snapped forward, and they pretended nothing happened.

2. Slow traffic ahead, so I zip around 3-4 slow pokes in front of me to get in the left turn lane. Suddenly the truck that was right in front of me does the same thing trying to catch up to me and cuts left and right through traffic like an idiot. They don't quite catch up, and I see both of them flipping me off.
At the next light, I stop where their lane is backed up to, roll down my window, and wave for them to hurry up and get next to me. Which they won't for some reason.

Guess it has something to do with people thinking they can flip off some poor grandpa in his Lincoln, and not expecting a 6'7" 280 lbs guy with shaved head and shades starting to scream profanities at them.

Last edited by SAP_Pete; 06-13-2008 at 03:44 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:36 AM

MB
It seems there's not shortage of crazies out there....

Several years back I was on the way to work at 3am during a heavy rainstorm. I was doing maybe 50 in a 40 mph single laned road when some dude comes flying up behind me flashing his high beams. I got the sense he was rather well tanked up. After putting up with this a bit and with him tailgating me, I slammed the brakes. All I saw after that was him spiralling out of control onto the front lawn of a church we're he became lodged on some bushes. Hope he had fun explaining himself to the police!
Old 06-24-2008, 05:28 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by kindafast
One time I was driving down a one lane. The guy infront of me was driving in a Lexus RX300 very slowly. The road was about to become a 2 lane so I swerve to the right before it did, anyway I drive for another 1/4 mile after overtaking the Lexus (when I got into the right lane) and pull up to a red light. The Lexus stops on my right side, the old guy walks out (I had windows down) and yells into my window "THERE IS NO RIGHT LANE THERE YOU KNOW!?" I was like "What!?" and he repeated himself. Funny shizer. What an idiot though. The man was in his early 50's prolly, maybe a bad day or something, but after that situation I feel like I need to carry a gun because you never know what some idiot will do.
Lexus drivers....lol
Old 06-24-2008, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by SAP_Pete
Guess it has something to do with people thinking they can flip off some poor grandpa in his Lincoln, and not expecting a 6'7" 280 lbs guy with shaved head and shades starting to scream profanities at them.

Any possible reason for them to flip out? Sounds a bit random to just lose it out of nowhere. Then again, a lot of lunatics out there.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:51 AM

c32amg,c240
This stuff gets better and better. But one incident that happened with me was when I was with my girlfriend one day. And this retart in a F150 in front of me at a light, thought he was big and bad. The light turns green and he literally peels out kicking gravel onto my windshield, nearly cracking it. So I try to keep calm and as I was passing him, he looks over and rolls down his window and says "What the hell you lookin at". Now keep in my mind I have my girl in the car and I'm trying my best to stay calm, so I tell the guy its wise to leave us alone right now. But no he wants to make a scene, as we get to another light he is still talking trash. Now I look at my girlfriend and she looks at me, all of sudden my girl rolls down the window and said f*ck you and throws a bag of trash in his face. I couldnt believe my girl took action like that talk about a ride or die chick which amazed me. Anyway the guy got mad and I took off at the light as fast as I could and he couldnt catch us. Regardless of the situation dont let your woman handle your problems it leads to bad things take it from me.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:29 PM
Almost a Member!

Mercedes-Benz 2006 W211 E320 CDI Avantgarde stationwagon
Thumbs down Aggresive Touareg

This event took place today, I was on my way back from work driving on the Hillerød Motorway / highway - a major approach road to Copenhagen that runs from Copenhagen city and all the way into North Zealand, past the town I live in.

Anyway, I had just pulled off from a stand still at a red light before the entrance to the highway and had been driving for a little less than 5 minutes and I end behind a guy in a WV Touareg, I turn on my left indicator light, a lane shift to the left and accelerates from 120 km/h to around 135 km/h ( around 83 mph) - then I notice that the guy starts accelerating with me, thus making it impossible for me to re-enter the right lane again, so at first I knock it up a nodge and accelerates to 150 km/h - looking briefly out my right window, I see him looking at me then the road, then me, then the road.
At this point I still could not pull in. Thirty seconds after the "race" started I pulled out, slowed down to 120 km/h again and pulled into the right lane again. The Touareg guy drove away. I was at first a little schocked because of the aggresive driving, I didn't want to risk other motorists lives or my own, just for overtaking one guy who wanted to act tough.

People should realize that overtaking each other is not laughing in their face "Ha ha ha, look I'm going faster than you are!" - Hope the guy will act a little more responsible the next time he is on the road.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Road Rage