Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

my buddy's bike walkin a 700+rwhp vette

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by chiromikey
starting a race at 120 is silly. it just doesn't happen in the real world...EVER. instead of horribly tipping the scales in favor of aerodynamics, make it a reasonable race.
I am just reiterating a scenerio someone else presented...I know damn well there are not ANY production cars that can beat a lliter class sportbike in a race from 0-120, hell any 600 could do it and I would even put up a stock Harley against just about any production car 0-100.

Someone said they did not beleive that a car could beat a bike in a high speed roll-on, I am just backing them up.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by jrcart
It has nothing to do with bread...money, I know for a fact the outcome, I have already done this race with my CTS-V and my Black Series against both 500's 750's and liter class bikes. I could up the wager and say my $10,000 to their $100, but it would not matter becuase I know I am not going to have to pay out.

Bikes are silly fast 0-100, but north of 130 they slow down where a car keeps on pulling hard. Once the bike hits 160 it's like hitting a wall, the MPH grows very slowly after that point. It probaly takes longer for a bike to go from 150-185 than it does to go from 0-150, my Black Series has gone 206 mph, and she might have more, I don't hit my wall until about 190mph, then those last 15-16 mph take an eternity, but by that time I've already passed the bike.

Plus you guys are looking at this the wrong way, anytime you are gauging roll-on comparisons you need a stop watch and a radar gun or GPS device that tracks MPH. The car might not literally catch the bike before reaching 185, but it is going to reach 185 sooner, meaning in less ticks of the stop watch and in a shorter distance. If it takes the bike 20 seconds it might only take the car 18.5, but a side by side roll-on race is not a true accurate gauge.

Trust me one this one

....I don't need your buddies money, but if he insists I will gladly take it from him.
I just re-read and realized you want to start the race at 120mph. Now it makes sense . This seems like it would be an awesome race. I still think the bike will win, but it will be much more competitive. Good offer dude, let's hope someone bites.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

for the record I'm not an idiot, I type-oed 500's, 750's and liter class. I meant 600's...hit the wrong key
Old 08-07-2008, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
http://www.dtmpower.co.za/forums/showthread.php?t=563

Here is a list of published 0-300kmh (186mph) times for some stock and modified cars. A Ferrari Enzo which is a 10.8-10.9sec 1/4 mile car takes 26.1s to hit 186mph. Say an Enzo can do 0-100 in 6.1s...that would mean that it takes a full 20s for it to cover the remaining 86mph. The Enzo is putting out 650hp at the crank and weighs just over 3,000lbs. Can a 1 liter bike beat that? (I don't know enough about bikes to answer that question). If so, then Jim better bring lots of cash to MIR....

Tom
Old 08-07-2008, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LSB M3, 04 R1
No, he is not full of it. I have a vast knowledge of motorcycles, far more advanced than my minimal knowledge of cars. I raced superbikes for a number of years. A 500whp car can reel in any liter class bike in a 120mph plus roll-on. Bike have superior power to weight ratios and from 0-120mph they are un-beatable by anything with 4 wheels, but from 120 north it's a different story. Aero plays a huge roll, bikes are not aero efficiant, a Cadillac Escalade is more aero efficiant than a GSXR 1000, ya, the bike looks like a bullet, but it's not, now factor in a riders head, elbows and shoulders sticking out into the wind and it's like a parachute above 140mph, no matter how small the rider and how well tucked in these things stick out there a little bit.

A stock E 63 will beat any liter class bike you can through at it from 120-185. Further more most of these bike top out in the 180-190 range and it usually takes a while to get them up thare after 145 or so it is slow going.

Can a Z06 beat a bike from 0-185....hell no, it would take miles for the car to catch the bike from a dead stop. But now do the same race, with the same vehicles but run them from 100-185 and see what happens, the outcome will suprise you.
You are right a Cadillac Escalade does have better aeros than a sportbike after hitting a certain mph, even a Geo Metro has better aeros than a sportbike in top end runs.

A bike will beat a E 63 from 120-185mph, you also have to factor in if the rider can ride, what gear he is in, what type of sprockets is he running, how his tuck is, what parts of the bikes are still sticking out, etc...

Do you think your car can take a old school ZX12?

Why does the roll on have to start from a 120mph roll? Is that where your powerband is at peak? Would you let someone spray a 20shot on their bike and run you?

Originally Posted by TMC M5
http://www.dtmpower.co.za/forums/showthread.php?t=563

Here is a list of published 0-300kmh (186mph) times for some stock and modified cars. A Ferrari Enzo which is a 10.8-10.9sec 1/4 mile car takes 26.1s to hit 186mph. Say an Enzo can do 0-100 in 6.1s...that would mean that it takes a full 20s for it to cover the remaining 86mph. The Enzo is putting out 650hp at the crank and weighs just over 3,000lbs. Can a 1 liter bike beat that? (I don't know enough about bikes to answer that question). If so, then Jim better bring lots of cash to MIR....

Tom
Takes a R1 about 14 seconds to top out from 120mph to 189mph on speedo not indicated.

Last edited by Carnage; 08-07-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Carnage
You are right a Cadillac Escalade does have better aeros than a sportbike after hitting a certain mph, even a Geo Metro has better aeros than a sportbike in top end runs.

A bike will beat a E 63 from 120-185mph, you also have to factor in if the rider can ride, what gear he is in, what type of sprockets is he running, how his tuck is, what parts of the bikes are still sticking out, etc...

Do you think your car can take a old school ZX12?

Why does the roll on have to start from a 120mph roll? Is that where your powerband is at peak? Would you let someone spray a 20shot on their bike and run you?
like i said before, 120mph was thrown about earlier in this thread, I could care less, i was just backing up what someone else stated. I know the outcome because I have done it, and I have a vast knowledge of motorcycles and a National Championship and 7 regional championships in 3 different classes (road racing)to prove it as well as an AMA Pro Racing license. I've been riding motorcycles since I was about 6 years old and racing them since I was 12. I know motorcycles, what they are capable of and how to ride them, on pavement or on the dirt. I might not be the brightest bulb in the bunch when it comes to car knowledge, but when it comes to bikes, It's a different story. I have owned 8 second drag bikes, 200 mph superbikes and everything in between.

Not trying to be cocky, but I know a bikes limits, stregths and weakness' and I know a cars limits, strengths and wekness'.

I have a magazine article here in the Cycle World Magazine May 2007 issue, they put a limited production, bone stock MV Agusta 1000 up against a bone stock M-B AMG DTM Cabrio on the Hockenhiem track. The bike is on par with the perfomance of a Suzuki GSXR 1000, the MV makes 169 hp and a GSXR makes about 155, so the MV is actually faster and lighter. The DTM makes about 520whp, so it is on par with the comparisons we have been discussing.

Anyone want to guess about the outcome?

...both the car and the bike turned lap times in the 2:00 minute flat range, only a few 1000ths of a second apart. How do you explain this? I'll tell you, torque. Bikes have HP, not torque, that is why they will lose in a big-end roll-on. I would be more afraid of a 900 cc Ducati or even a 748 Ducati than a 1000 cc in-line four in a roll-on, V-twins make gobs of torque vs their higher reving in-line counterparts
Old 08-07-2008, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
I don't really know anything about bikes. The only thing I do know is that I was giving it 9.5/10 on those bike races and you can see the results. I also know my car is faster than Jrcart's car.

Is the 1000cc bike I raced maybe really a ZX-14 and not a ZX-10? Did I make up fake dynographs and time slips to make myself feel like I have a fast streetcar when in reality my Z06 is slow? Is the car in my video even a Corvette or was it a Ford Focus? Were our vids rigged? Did angels come down and push the ZX-10 ahead of me?
You decide
Old 08-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Wait, what time slips and dynos Bobby?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:15 PM

Hooptie
Why is ANYONE talking about 120 mph starts?

LETS ALL GET ON THE SAME PAGE, AS SOMEONE ELSE STATED.

I NEVER stated ANYTHING about beating a bike from ANYTHING but a 85+ roll to AT LEAST 160. If I am wrong, please correct me. Let me say it again so it is clear:

I will BEAT ANY STOCK OR LIGHTLY MODDED (Slip on or filters) LITER BIKE FROM AN 85- AT LEAST160. I am talking about me, in my car, with me driving, against ANY STOCK liter bike. Please don't put words in my or Jrcart's mouth. This is what I have been saying all along, and this is what I will prove this weekend to you all with a video.

I already talked to a few buddies and we will be doing these races this weekend. I got a lightly modded busa, a lightly modded R1, and two modded CBR's joining. The races WILL be captured on tape so STAY TUNED...

Last edited by Zlicious; 08-07-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Nice video!

Ride safe boys.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
I have a magazine article here in the Cycle World Magazine May 2007 issue, they put a limited production, bone stock MV Agusta 1000 up against a bone stock M-B AMG DTM Cabrio on the Hockenhiem track. The bike is on par with the perfomance of a Suzuki GSXR 1000, the MV makes 169 hp and a GSXR makes about 155, so the MV is actually faster and lighter. The DTM makes about 520whp, so it is on par with the comparisons we have been discussing.

Anyone want to guess about the outcome?

...both the car and the bike turned lap times in the 2:00 minute flat range, only a few 1000ths of a second apart. How do you explain this? I'll tell you, torque. Bikes have HP, not torque, that is why they will lose in a big-end roll-on.
Wouldn't that be to do with the car being able to carry more speed through the corners? I don't know road/race bikes but this would be my guess
Old 08-07-2008, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,069 Likes on 857 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Wouldn't that be to do with the car being able to carry more speed through the corners? I don't know road/race bikes but this would be my guess
You look at most race course track times and cars rule the best times - not bikes.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Yes, in most types of corners cars can carry more speed than a bike, it also has to do with drive out of the corners, which relates to the roll-on situation we are talking about. It was a bad example as well, that was on a road course and we are talking straight away roll-ons

I never should have butt in on this one....
Old 08-07-2008, 10:32 PM

Hooptie
Yes, in most types of corners cars can carry more speed than a bike, it also has to do with drive out of the corners, which relates to the roll-on situation we are talking about. It was a bad example as well, that was on a road course and we are talking straight away roll-ons

I never should have butt in on this one....
i am glad you did, because EVERYTHING you have said has been spot on and my experience. I can't wait to make some vids and post them this weekend..
Old 08-08-2008, 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Zlicious
Why is ANYONE talking about 120 mph starts?

LETS ALL GET ON THE SAME PAGE, AS SOMEONE ELSE STATED.

I NEVER stated ANYTHING about beating a bike from ANYTHING but a 85+ roll to AT LEAST 160. If I am wrong, please correct me. Let me say it again so it is clear:

I will BEAT ANY STOCK OR LIGHTLY MODDED (Slip on or filters) LITER BIKE FROM AN 85- AT LEAST160. I am talking about me, in my car, with me driving, against ANY STOCK liter bike. Please don't put words in my or Jrcart's mouth. This is what I have been saying all along, and this is what I will prove this weekend to you all with a video.

I already talked to a few buddies and we will be doing these races this weekend. I got a lightly modded busa, a lightly modded R1, and two modded CBR's joining. The races WILL be captured on tape so STAY TUNED...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIDk4hERnpw

Ok, I didn't realize that in this vid, I am in 3rd gear at right around 85mph.

As you can see, the bike was ahead and still walking me until he hit his 175ish top speed.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:40 AM

Hooptie
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIDk4hERnpw

Ok, I didn't realize that in this vid, I am in 3rd gear at right around 85mph.

As you can see, the bike was ahead and still walking me until he hit his 175ish top speed.
Then that liter bike is either not stock, or my car runs better than yours..

Again, I am talking about a stock liter bike from an 85 to 160. I already talked to the guys and we will be out racing tonight. I will have a video tonight (but late tonight, so make sure to check it out tomorrow morning)

I am racing a Busa with filters on it from an 85-160. Even if I win and all of you can see that on video, I am sure there will still be excuses flying from the 'nay-sayers'.

Last edited by Zlicious; 08-08-2008 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Then that liter bike is either not stock, or my car runs better than yours..

Again, I am talking about a stock liter bike from an 85 to 160. I already talked to the guys and we will be out racing tonight. I will have a video tonight (but late tonight, so make sure to check it out tomorrow morning)

I am racing a Busa with filters on it from an 85-160. Even if I win and all of you can see that on video, I am sure there will still be excuses flying from the 'nay-sayers'.
I won't have any excuses or call BS. It's not like that. I just don't understand how the results are the complete opposite. Highway rolls are pretty controlled compared to races from the dig etc. There are only 2 shifts and no traction issues so it's really just the 2 vehicles going against eachother.

The bike did have an exhaust and tune, but I think he said it made 170whp which isn't supposed to be much more than a stock ZX-10. Plus he said it has 40k miles on it, which I'm not sure if that means performance is getting affected because of the high mileage.

One more piece to the puzzle is that, according to some posts I've seen, a properly driven 1 liter bike will run 9's @ 150mph+. Your Z06 should be trapping around 130-133. A 15-20mph trap advantage is buslengths. I'm sure we'll solve the mystery soon enough lol.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:01 PM

Hooptie
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I won't have any excuses or call BS. It's not like that. I just don't understand how the results are the complete opposite. Highway rolls are pretty controlled compared to races from the dig etc. There are only 2 shifts and no traction issues so it's really just the 2 vehicles going against eachother.

The bike did have an exhaust and tune, but I think he said it made 170whp which isn't supposed to be much more than a stock ZX-10. Plus he said it has 40k miles on it, which I'm not sure if that means performance is getting affected because of the high mileage.

One more piece to the puzzle is that, according to some posts I've seen, a properly driven 1 liter bike will run 9's @ 150mph+. Your Z06 should be trapping around 130-133. A 15-20mph trap advantage is buslengths. I'm sure we'll solve the mystery soon enough lol.
Bobby, you got to keep in mind a few things.

First of all, the bikes I am racing are making NO WHERE near 170 rwhp. The modded CBR made 146 rwhp when it got dynoed. Since then, it has gotten a new motor (previous one blew up) and an ECU. Owner says the bike should be around 150 rwhp, and not a single HP more.

Second, bike's traps are completely irrelevant from a high roll. Remember, a bike at 140 mph is like a brick wall going through the wind. They start to slow down significantly at higher speeds. This is why their trap speeds are irrelevant when we are talking about 85-160+ mph rolls. From a dig or even from a 50 roll or so, then it would make sense (and it does, since I will get walked by 15 cars from a 50 roll)

Lastly, the guys on the modded CBR's are big dudes. 6'+ @ 250+ lbs. (But the guy I am racing on the Busa tonight is about 185 lbs)

So, I hope this clears some things up. I am looking forward to racing tonight and more so showing you the vid. I could lose, but I don't think I will. Stay tuned, brutha..
Old 08-08-2008, 04:22 PM
hbr

'05 E55 on ADV1s
A new Busa with no mods makes 170hp. Bike is a brick wall at 140? A brickwall in 4th gear
I gotta see the vids.........................

Old 08-08-2008, 06:31 PM

Hooptie
Tonight's *** whoopin(for the bike, that is) is going to be caught on tape, and this video will be made in honor to you, hbr. I will make that clear in the video. So, stay tuned, my lost, delusional buddy..
Old 08-08-2008, 06:49 PM
hbr

'05 E55 on ADV1s
Tonight's *** whoopin(for the bike, that is) is going to be caught on tape, and this video will be made in honor to you, hbr. I will make that clear in the video. So, stay tuned, my lost, delusional buddy..
Can't wait
Old 08-08-2008, 09:05 PM

2007 Corvette Z06/2011 BMW M3
kick his *** sea bass!
Old 08-09-2008, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Busa is a different story, they are 1300cc's and the one in the pic with the Hindle pipe, and I'm sure it's got a power commander or something like it on it has got to be making over 170whp. A busa or a ZX-14 might be a different strory, I would be interested to see a Busa or 14 in a similar match-up.

It also appears that your wheels are not the factory wheels, unless they changed them for 2008, I thought the Busa's came with 3 spoke aluminum wheels. Those look very similar to Marchesini Forged Magnisium wheels in the pic.

BTW, nice looking, clean bike

Last edited by jrcart; 08-09-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:51 PM
hbr

'05 E55 on ADV1s

Jrcart- Z said he was gonna run a Busa ^

The Busa was mine till a couple weeks ago, traded my brother for his M3, my oldest just turned 16 and needed a ride..................what can ya do?

It had a buncha goodies including the wheels, I miss her already

PS- still waiting on some video

Got the congregation together for Z, little prayer for him:

Last edited by hbr; 08-09-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hbr
Jrcart- Z said he was gonna run a Busa ^

The Busa was mine till a couple weeks ago, traded my brother for his M3, my oldest just turned 16 and needed a ride..................what can ya do?

It had a buncha goodies including the wheels, I miss her already

PS- still waiting on some video

Got the congregation together for Z, little prayer for him:

So were those stock or aftermarket wheels on your Busa in the pic above? I really have not paid too much attention to Busa's in the past couple of years, but I know they used to come with a 3 spoke wheel, the ones in the pic look very different, almost like a Marchesini. I even went to the Suzuki web site, but there are no clear pics of the wheels.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: my buddy's bike walkin a 700+rwhp vette