Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

my buddy's bike walkin a 700+rwhp vette

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hooptie
A local rider passed away last night. Not racing related. So vids to come later.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:20 PM

2006 C280 4MATIC, 2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000 race bike
so is the offer to race you still on jim?

i am willing to put my race bike back on the street for november...

it is completely stock, and when i say completely stock, i mean even the stock exhaust!
Old 08-09-2008, 09:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 S500, 03 C240, 03 E320, 03 tahoe
i could have bought 5 of those

god i miss my GSXR's,i had two 750's and raced big willow WERA.fastest lap was a 3.34 in 1987.i could have bought 5 of those 1000's for the price of my S500 and would have alot more fun,but where do i put the wife and kid.the older i get the faster i was.it is good to see people still going real fast for just a little money.i would like to see this guy suited up correctly,id be willing to bet a long position in unleaded fuel that he has never been down hard.good luck,looks like a blast.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:15 PM

CLK550
Originally Posted by Blk04cobra1
9.1 @ 155mph is definitely moving out...it would take another 150rwhp for that vette to trap that high in a 1/4 run...
It's going to take more than 650whp for the vette to trap 155. It will need at the very least 800whp to trap anywhere near that.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:28 PM
hbr

'05 E55 on ADV1s
Originally Posted by Zlicious
A local rider passed away last night. Not racing related. So vids to come later.
Sorry to hear that Z.......Godspeed. I just had a buddy get killed at Loretta Lynn's, very sad.

Jrcart- They are Carrozzeria forged on the '06 Busa (181 rwhp ) Little better cush drive than the Marchesini's (I do thave March's on the Ducati, not quite as cool as your Dymags ) Thinking about some BSTs for the K12.............

Last edited by hbr; 08-09-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:33 PM

2003 S500, 03 C240, 03 E320, 03 tahoe
it just isnt a fair race

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I don't really know anything about bikes. The only thing I do know is that I was giving it 9.5/10 on those bike races and you can see the results. I also know my car is faster than Jrcart's car.

Is the 1000cc bike I raced maybe really a ZX-14 and not a ZX-10? Did I make up fake dynographs and time slips to make myself feel like I have a fast streetcar when in reality my Z06 is slow? Is the car in my video even a Corvette or was it a Ford Focus? Were our vids rigged? Did angels come down and push the ZX-10 ahead of me?
You decide
bikes dont perform as well as a lawn dart shaped z6 over 120mph.back in my crazy days id have matched your $10k with this challenge,we can roll on at 120mph but i get to draft behind you and you will not be able to lose me to the 160 mark,every time you look in the rear view mirror you will see me laughing inside my helmet.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by AH1W-COBRA
i would like to see this guy suited up correctly,id be willing to bet a long position in unleaded fuel that he has never been down hard.good luck,looks like a blast.
Amen to that, before I started road racing I was one of those squid punks riding on the street, shorts, no helmet (no helmet law in IL) a cool pair of shades riding like a mad man doing mile long wheelies. Once I started racing and learned and saw first hand what saftey gear can do, now I never get on a crotch rocket without full gear, leathers, helmet, gloves, boots and usually the spine and rib vest. I've hit the pavement at over 130mph on one occasion and over 100 countless times and walked away with little more than one concusion (Daytona, I did not know my own name my buddies tell me) and a few broken fingers, collar bones and wrist. The 130mph crash I literally walked away with nothing but very bad heat abrasions, for those of you who have never experienced it you get road rash even if the leather does not burn all the way through, the heat and friction from sliding on the pavement still does a number on your skin, you just don't have to be picking gravel out of you wounds.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:29 AM

2006 C280 4MATIC, 2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000 race bike
Originally Posted by jrcart
Amen to that, before I started road racing I was one of those squid punks riding on the street, shorts, no helmet (no helmet law in IL) a cool pair of shades riding like a mad man doing mile long wheelies. Once I started racing and learned and saw first hand what saftey gear can do, now I never get on a crotch rocket without full gear, leathers, helmet, gloves, boots and usually the spine and rib vest. I've hit the pavement at over 130mph on one occasion and over 100 countless times and walked away with little more than one concusion (Daytona, I did not know my own name my buddies tell me) and a few broken fingers, collar bones and wrist. The 130mph crash I literally walked away with nothing but very bad heat abrasions, for those of you who have never experienced it you get road rash even if the leather does not burn all the way through, the heat and friction from sliding on the pavement still does a number on your skin, you just don't have to be picking gravel out of you wounds.
you got that right... i lowsided at 140+, and had a bunch of other crashes at speed. good gear will save you from a lot of pain and suffering.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
bobby,tell mr.cart i will run him with a '06 GSXR-1K thats 100% stock or charlies ZX-10 that's piped&mapped.

If he wants to put a little *more* money down&run a standing start mile(ala Maxton)we could increase the wager substantially &i would give him a size-able head-start against either my GSXR-1K or against my Busa.
Straight from Oldgixxer's mouth.

Jrcart, do you accept?
Old 08-11-2008, 08:49 AM

Hooptie

Jrcart, do you accept?
Any car will get beat pretty damn bad in the standing mile by a liter bike. I don't think Jrcart ever said anything about beating the liter bike from a stop, did he?

So, Bobby, did you like my PM?.. Told ya!!
Old 08-11-2008, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Any car will get beat pretty damn bad in the standing mile by a liter bike. I don't think Jrcart ever said anything about beating the liter bike from a stop, did he?

So, Bobby, did you like my PM?.. Told ya!!
Oldgixxer is thinking more like he'll give a HUGE advantage to the car. All can be negotiated as long as Jrcart is willing to play

Dude, post that vid on here! Let everyone else see it Nice kills my man
Old 08-11-2008, 09:20 AM

Hooptie
Oldgixxer is thinking more like he'll give a HUGE advantage to the car. All can be negotiated as long as Jrcart is willing to play

Dude, post that vid on here! Let everyone else see it Nice kills my man
Thanks brutha.

I will post much better / more clear vids soon. I just wanted to quickly show you that I wasn't bs'ing..
Old 08-11-2008, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Thanks brutha.

I will post much better / more clear vids soon. I just wanted to quickly show you that I wasn't bs'ing..
I never accused you of BSing dude. You're well known on CF and all, plus I've seen your other vids. I know your car is fast, never doubted that...

I am just trying to figure out why either your car is so much faster than mine or why the bikes I raced were faster than yours lol.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:46 AM

Hooptie
I never accused you of BSing dude. You're well known on CF and all, plus I've seen your other vids. I know your car is fast, never doubted that...

I am just trying to figure out why either your car is so much faster than mine or why the bikes I raced were faster than yours lol.
Bobby, don't think I was accusing you of calling me a BS'er. I was actually referring to some of the others on here, but NOT you. Just want to make that clear brutha..

As far as the outcomes, only explanations I have is my post (#118). Other than that, I have no idea.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Bobby, don't think I was accusing you of calling me a BS'er. I was actually referring to some of the others on here, but NOT you. Just want to make that clear brutha..

As far as the outcomes, only explanations I have is my post (#118). Other than that, I have no idea.
It's cool dude

I guess a rider with an extra 50 lbs and 20rwhp less might make up for the difference between our 2 results.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:59 AM

Hooptie
It's cool dude

I guess a rider with an extra 50 lbs and 20rwhp less might make up for the difference between our 2 results.
Yup, and that is the only explanation I can come up with.

Other than that, stay tuned for some more vids. Be safe..
Old 08-11-2008, 10:49 AM
hbr

'05 E55 on ADV1s
Sounding bad for the bike guys, I guess we're gonna have to blame it on the rider
Old 08-11-2008, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series

Jrcart, do you accept?
Give me some time to get my nitrous installed so I can see what kind of e/t's I am capable of with the spray and Mickey Thompsons. I know what a stock GSXR can run with a light weight, very good rider...about 9.85's and about 9.65's if he has it strapped or lowered.

I love a challenge, and I love to race for money, but a race like this I am not going to be offering up my $1000 to your $100, this is going to be an even money bet for at least $1000. I am going to have my buddy who just happens to be a ProStar racer inspect the bike from head to toe before the race. I want to be able to see the inside of the airbox, the ignition box and the fuel injection system. OLDGIXXER knows I used to be a street racer back in the day, he knows I'm savy to every street racing trick in the book. Don't forget, Chicago is the motorcycle street racing capital of the country. I used to ride on the street and hustle with the fastest man in the world on a streetbike Kent Stotz, he lives just down the road from me (those of you who don't know who he is should google him). So if he thinks he's gonna be pulling a fast one on some "rich idiot" tell him to guess again.

I would be more inclined to do this race without a tree and have him give me the bust, that's the least he can do for a guy rolling in a nearly 4000 pound car. So make sure he gets this messge in it's entirety.

Last edited by jrcart; 08-11-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:57 AM

2005 vw touareg, sl500 r129 SOLD, 2002 sl500 kleemann
bikes wil NEVER beat cars in a race

Originally Posted by oldgixxer
You beat them by a car length,thats it? So what happens when you run into a bike on the hiway&your only going,say 50mph&you know you'll get left for dead.Do you ignore the bike because you know the outcome is inevitable?...Or do you have a sign that you hold up to the window&show the bike that reads, " Please speed up to 80mph so we can race,I will lose otherwise"??

Ya,go take some vids...I'll do the same.Of course,yours will show you beating the bike&mine will show the bike beating the car...again,the point is moot.

Until your personal car walks this particular ZX-10 you really don't have any proof of what you say...but it's all good&I enjoy the occasional back&forth banter with Z06 owners like yourself

If ANYBODY ON THIS FORUM wants to run that ZX-10R(w 40k hard street miles no less) & has a WORTHY car to bring to the table PM me so we can get some footage
i'm from kuwait and i have a modded 2004 gto which now makes about 650 to the wheels with only 9psi of boost . i have raced alot of bikes from 900's to 1300's and they were all modded very highly (stroked and nos) and i roll 140kph where i try not to smoke the tyres and once i floor it give me just 3 secs and the bike is WAY back! what i'm saying is that even in the drag strip the topfuel bikes had a best of 6 secs in the 1/4 mile as for the top fuelers (car) has a best of about 4.500 try to beat that! and don't tell me that is is not a car it has four wheels so itIS a car so at thend the car wins over the bike even from 0-400m where the bike SHOULD be faster but it isn't.

and once a guy told that he had a turbo busa and he would kick my *** at any roll i want but still havn't heard of till now it's been a year now
Old 08-11-2008, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by jrcart
So make sure he gets this messge in it's entirety.
He's got it. I'll give you his response when he gets back to me.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:28 PM

in your Mom's car
Is it just me or does that guy look too damn big for that bike??
Old 08-11-2008, 04:16 PM

Kawasaki
Jrcart,

I won't waste much of your time and will get right down to it: Will you put your $1000 with you driving your car against my $100 with me riding a Kawasaki ZX-10R? The bike will abide by your previously stated rules of having minimal mods which will include no more than a full aftermarket exhaust, a race air filter, and a way of introducing the proper amount of fuel to correct the inherrent lean condition the above mods no doubt create.

I have a quality GPS unit handy and am versed in highway runs both against cars and bikes. Like you, I too have surpassed the 200 mph barrier so 185 is a very comfortable speed with me.

I believe you mentioned a start speed of 120 mph and a stop speed of 185 mph. Are those speeds set in stone? If I read and understood correctly, you are asserting your Mercedes will go from 120 to 185 in less time than the bike. How will this be verified and timed? Are you just going to zero out the max speed field on both GPS units, run heads up and whoever hits 185.xx mph or greater first and rolls off will be declared the winner? Is this a single heads up run?

I would prefer an early morning run but understand if you'd prefer a late night run (visibility vs less traffic).

Do you mind disclosing your horsepower since you will have essentially capped the HP of any 1000cc that decides to run you?

What are the specifics to vehicle inspection?

Sorry to overload you with tons of questions, I just want to make sure both racers have a clear and mutual understanding of the terms and conditions of the race before the run begins.

Thanks in advance for your response and consideration. If you feel more comfortable sending me a private message instead I'm fine with that. I figure the less of an audience we have the safer both from a po-po and bystander standpoint.

mr