Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

c32 vs. RX8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 C32 AMG
c32 vs. RX8

On my way to meet my buddies to go the Rangers baseball game, a black RX8 pulled up next to me at the light. He was revving up wanting to race. He rolled down his window and signal for a run. It's still daylight around 6:30PM and I just give him the what the hell why not nod. Turn off the ESP, and waited for greenlight, as soon as it turn green I went, he tried to keep up but I was already a car or two lengths away, we met at the next light and he ask for a rematch, same result, I realize that the 4th light I need to make my turn, slowed down and went on the left turning lane, as he drove by he slowed down and throw me a peace sign...That was a good short race.

By the way, his car I can tell has a nice exhaust system don't know which brand though.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
good kill...yeah a rx8 is no match for a c32 on drag without forced induction. He probably thought you were a regular c-class
Old 08-03-2008, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
I was suprised when I beat an RX8 in my E class. It was hilarious!
Old 08-03-2008, 03:29 AM

03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
good kill...yeah a rx8 is no match for a c32 on drag without forced induction. He probably thought you were a regular c-class
You know what? You are exactly right, most people think I just have a regular c-class, it's good to play the role of an underdog. I'm sure that goes the same with the C55, C36, C43 and even the C63. Even my co-worker was talking smack about his beloved 350Z, He even offered to race for slips, I told him how bout for starters the loser buys lunches and drinks after work for a week? He claims that he will win without a question because his car is "lighter". My reply to him that I would love to put my "sedan" to the test against his 350Z sports coupe. Of course, I agreed to the race for lunches and free drinks

Next on the chopping block after him will be our other co-worker who drives a 911 Carerra Gotta love these fellas I work with.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by C32AMGSC
You know what? You are exactly right, most people think I just have a regular c-class, it's good to play the role of an underdog. I'm sure that goes the same with the C55, C36, C43 and even the C63. Even my co-worker was talking smack about his beloved 350Z, He even offered to race for slips, I told him how bout for starters the loser buys lunches and drinks after work for a week? He claims that he will win without a question because his car is "lighter". My reply to him that I would love to put my "sedan" to the test against his 350Z sports coupe. Of course, I agreed to the race for lunches and free drinks

Next on the chopping block after him will be our other co-worker who drives a 911 Carerra Gotta love these fellas I work with.
Its awesome having an "under dog" car hehe
Old 08-03-2008, 03:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
yah RX-8s are slow. i think the autos have like 212 hp and the manuals somewhere between 230 and 240. They look really nice IMO. i wish they had a bigger engine and/or FI. it looks like it would be mazda's sports car but it isnt.

and yah, i love when people think the car is a regular C class, which almost everyone does.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
u should smoke a 350z w/o any problems. I dont care how good of a driver is in the 350z w I/H/E 6spd or auto, no match to c32 (ur TQ) will kill him.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:59 AM

03 C32 AMG
But just the other night, I was on my way to dinner and some homie rolled up in a Silver C240 with 20's yes 20" chromes on his car, and acting all flashy...Of course he looked at my 18" Brabus and thinks they are weak and in return I looked at him thinking, you think you know but you have no idea

Last edited by C32AMGSC; 08-03-2008 at 04:16 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Even my co-worker was talking smack about his beloved 350Z, He even offered to race for slips, I told him how bout for starters the loser buys lunches and drinks after work for a week? He claims that he will win without a question because his car is "lighter". My reply to him that I would love to put my "sedan" to the test against his 350Z sports coupe. Of course, I agreed to the race for lunches and free drinks
tell him you will give him like CL lead from a roll or jump, to make it more fair for him. see what his reaction is then. he would be quite confused i'm sure
Old 08-03-2008, 05:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah most people don't know about the c-class amg's. I always thought amg's were only for $120k + cars because thats the only time i heard of them. I was looking at m3's and s4 until i saw a c32 on craigslist. I was blown away with the m3 like performance with 4dr's.

Yeah one of my co workers bought a 02 carrea and was pretty psych'ed about the speed and styling. He was like i have a 5.3 second 0-60 time whats yours? I was like uhmm 5.1 and 4.8 with better tires..lol. It kinda took the wind out of him, when he found out a 4dr was quicker then his sports coupe.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:09 PM

03 C32 AMG
yeah most people don't know about the c-class amg's. I always thought amg's were only for $120k + cars because thats the only time i heard of them. I was looking at m3's and s4 until i saw a c32 on craigslist. I was blown away with the m3 like performance with 4dr's.

Yeah one of my co workers bought a 02 carrea and was pretty psych'ed about the speed and styling. He was like i have a 5.3 second 0-60 time whats yours? I was like uhmm 5.1 and 4.8 with better tires..lol. It kinda took the wind out of him, when he found out a 4dr was quicker then his sports coupe.
I'm on the same scenerio with you there, I was looking at replacing my 04 Honda Accord V6, nice car and very reliable but I needed something with a lot more power and just plain fun to ride and modify...I was looking at an Audi S4 and M3's until I did a little bit more research and found out about the C32, I'm glad I did because my car was just recently traded-in a really reputable dealership here in Dallas. It was local trade and from what I can tell the previous owner babied it. Right from start I knew I will fell in love with the car, even during test drive, I took off the ESP coming out of a yield sign floored it and was amazed by the take off, keep in mind this was bone stock at the time. Even the salesman did not expect that type of take off and was awed by the power coming out under the hood I had the car for about a month now, and reading on my sig, you can tell that I went crazy from the start doing modifications and making sure that I covered all the little quirks this car had (radiator checked, turn signal error corrected, moleskin, etc.). I know this is .

I will be doing Dyno and 1/4 mile runs before and after the 185mm LET pulley upgrade and also with the new LET Air Intake system.

One thing I really noticed the difference, the car feels lighter with the Brabus rims/Goodyear F1's on! This is a killer combo. I try not to take off at every light I go to or else I will be buying new set of rear tires.

To keep with the topic, I can't wait to race by co-worker's 350Z and 911 Carrera.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by 1qikctr
u should smoke a 350z w/o any problems. I dont care how good of a driver is in the 350z w I/H/E 6spd or auto, no match to c32 (ur TQ) will kill him.
Yes got trq? I love it 376tq@3,000
Old 08-04-2008, 10:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK550
Based on the times those cars are getting with f/i, they aren't a match even then. It's a shame because it's such a nice looking car, if only Mazda would have given it some guts. Best bet with a car like that is to do an LS1 swap.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Almost a Member!

V
Originally Posted by RedBull
Based on the times those cars are getting with f/i, they aren't a match even then. It's a shame because it's such a nice looking car, if only Mazda would have given it some guts. Best bet with a car like that is to do an LS1 swap.
I agree, they only gain about 40-50 rwhp with a turbo kit
Old 08-06-2008, 04:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RedBull

Originally Posted by renesis83
I agree, they only gain about 40-50 rwhp with a turbo kit

Come on, guys. I thought we already proved anything can be fast if you throw enough money into it.

There's even a article about Abel Ibarra's 1700hp rx8 that ran a 6.8 on the quarter mile. Not everyone posts there times on dragtimes.com.

I couldn't find a video, but it was on espn when he ran at the fontana speed way. There a couple of articles on it, just google it.

you can never really assume the limits how much power a car can put out or how fast it can go. You can only assume there's someone faster then you out there.

Its not bad for a 1.3L engine, even though i'm not really a fan of rotary engines.

Last edited by TemjinX2; 08-06-2008 at 04:35 AM.