Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C32 vs F360 True story!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 05:38 PM
av2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
C32 vs F360 True story!

On Thrusday, 1/9/03, I was on my way to pick up my re-painted MR2 Turbo over at La Habra. The time is around 5:10 pm.

As I was drivng very conservatively on Fullerton Rd passing Pathfinder Rd. I spoted a pair of bright blue xenon lights coming very fast, and I noticed the car is yellow..."maybe an S2000?" After he was 4 cars behind, I noticed it was a yellow Modena, holly ****! He was driving crazy, fast and cutting everyone off including me as I kinda tried to block him. I tried to pursue, but he was driving so fast with cars around I decided not to take chances. Over the hill, I can still see him. I have a feeling he was waiting for me... My lucky day, you bet. I got next to him after 1/2 mile at the stop light of La Habra Rd intersection. I lowered my window and asked him if he wanted to run. He said yeah and told me he just purchased an SL55 AMG and commented on my car. I noticed his car was lowered with nice rims and racing seats. He told me he had exhaust and intake.

I turned off my traction control and asked him to get ready as the light was about to turn green. We launched, both peeling and hook up at the same moment. Believe or not, we were dead even up to about 40mph. Then he started pulling very slowly, and at about 70 mph he was leading by a car length only. We shut off around 75 mph; don't want to get too crazy. Close race...I think so. We stoped next to eachother behind some cars and he said his F1 tranny was hard to luanch. His name is James, and he has a yellow Axis sticker on the quarter window. Really nice guy. First loss for my AMG, but I am not disappointed.

Although it was during rush hour, there were no cars in front of us and it was rather safe as we slowed at around 75 mph. Hope this justify the race. Plus how often can you get a Modena to race you?

Last edited by av2; 01-11-2003 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-14-2003, 01:03 AM
av2

C32 AMG
Found the Modena I raced. Check out this site

http://www.axiswheels.com/home.html

The car pictured on the banner is the one. It seems like they sell very nice rims.

Last edited by av2; 01-14-2003 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Cool Story, congratulation on the race, sorry you had to loose, get the K&N air filter, chip it or put the pulley, that should help you for next round.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:41 PM
av2

C32 AMG
Originally posted by pocholin
Cool Story, congratulation on the race, sorry you had to loose, get the K&N air filter, chip it or put the pulley, that should help you for next round.
Can't wait to see what those Evosport pulleys can do! Peter, anytime you want to see how those pulleys are working for you, give me a call. Pathfinder Rd @ 11:00pm. :p