Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

W211 E55 vs E92 M3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
W211 E55 vs E92 M3

The sun was finally out for a while yesterday, so I fired up the E55 for one of my favorite 80 mile loop runs....south of the boarder, of course. The majority of it is consists of 4 lanes that wind up through the mountains from sea level to about 2,500 feet and back down again. Anyway, when I take the car out just to drive, I occasionally look for someone to play with but didn't find anybody for the first 40 mile leg of the trip. So, the wife and I stopped for some lunch and then decided to head back. As I entered the on-ramp, my eyes did a quick scan to see what kind of cars are driving by and BINGO - I see two E92 M3's caravanning in the far left lane. So, I quickly come up behind the second one (purpishly blue color) and I can see the passenger in the back whipping his head around. So, I veer into the lane to the right of him and slowly drive by. In there, I see 3 little Asian guys that are just staring at my car as I slowly creep by. The driver gave a quick stab at the throttle but then let off so as to not rear end his "buddy" in front of him. So, I then proceeded to creep by the first M3 (black) and again, 3 little Asian guys in this one too just staring! Weird. Anyway, so I paced him for about a mile and when there was no traffic, I put the hammer down about a 1/4 way from 70mph. Right then he decided to go for the full throttle pass. As I see him in my left mirror catching up quickly, I go WOT and my car drops gears just as he is by my side and about to get ahead of me. We are dead even from 80mph until about 100MPH and then I start to walk him. We shut it down at about 140mph at the "polite" request of the wife and by then I had about 5 car lengths on him.

At that point, I don't know of his friends were egging him on, but he starting lane changing really aggressively and trying to line up with me again and I didn't want part of that. So, I just gave him the thumbs up and kept my speed at 75 in the middle lane. They both followed me for the next 20 miles after that.

Last edited by str8ridin; 02-22-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by str8ridin
The sun was finally out for a while yesterday, so I fired up the E55 for one of my favorite 80 mile loop runs....south of the boarder, of course. The majority of it is consists of 4 lanes that wind up through the mountains from sea level to about 2,500 feet and back down again. Anyway, when I take the car out just to drive, I occasionally look for someone to play with but didn't find anybody for the first 40 mile leg of the trip. So, the wife and I stopped for some lunch and then decided to head back. As I entered the on-ramp, my eyes did a quick scan to see what kind of cars are driving by and BINGO - I see two E92 M3's caravanning in the far left lane. So, I quickly come up behind the second one (purpishly blue color) and I can see the passenger in the back whipping his head around. So, I veer into the lane to the right of him and slowly drive by. In there, I see 3 little Asian guys that are just staring at my car as I slowly creep by. The driver gave a quick stab at the throttle but then let off so as to not rear end his "buddy" in front of him. So, I then proceeded to creep by the first M3 (black) and again, 3 little Asian guys in this one too just staring! Weird. Anyway, so I paced him for about a mile and when there was no traffic, I put the hammer down about a 1/4 way from 70mph. Right then he decided to go for the full throttle pass. As I see him in my left mirror catching up quickly, I go WOT and my car drops gears just as he is by my side and about to get ahead of me. We are dead even from 80mph until about 100MPH and then I start to walk him. We shut it down at about 140mph at the "polite" request of the wife and by then I had about 5 car lengths on him.

At that point, I don't know of his friends were egging him on, but he starting lane changing really aggressively and trying to line up with me again and I didn't want part of that. So, I just gave him the thumbs up and kept my speed at 75 in the middle lane. They both followed me for the next 20 miles after that.

Nice kill!! Although next time I would say "north of the border"...since you are in Seattle...

Tom
Old 02-22-2009, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
LOL good run you shoulda started aggresively changing lanes right back !.......J/K J/K !! You don't want to do that.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:53 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Nice runs! Sounds like fun. I've seen a few new M3s, but none wanted to play. I usually don't instigate though, I always wait for others to take the first jab.

So which 80 mile loop is it that you like to take? I have several routine drives I take when the weather is nice. Just did the Whidbey Island/Deception pass run last weekend. I'm hoping the 6speed crew goes on a Northern Cascades drive again this summer. I'll join in on that one for sure!
Old 02-22-2009, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Originally Posted by nrgy
Nice runs! Sounds like fun. I've seen a few new M3s, but none wanted to play. I usually don't instigate though, I always wait for others to take the first jab.

So which 80 mile loop is it that you like to take? I have several routine drives I take when the weather is nice. Just did the Whidbey Island/Deception pass run last weekend. I'm hoping the 6speed crew goes on a Northern Cascades drive again this summer. I'll join in on that one for sure!

You have a PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody, Porsche Cayenne, International Scout
Nice runs! I, too, never seem to be able to get M3s (or for some reason, even M5s) to run with me. It's always some guy in a Mustang or a Camaro or an SRT-8 Charger or 300C. Too bad for them though!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by str8ridin

Nice fun run! I wish my long time girlfriend could be understanding when I hit those speeds!
Old 03-06-2009, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
That's awesome. My wife still doesn't understand it, and all she has had since a teenager are sports cars. Whether it's in the E or on my VROD, or hell, even in my golf cart, she just doesn't get it!