Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

CLK500 vs Mazda Speed 3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suzuki Burgman Executive
CLK500 vs Mazda Speed 3

My friend has a MS3 we haven’t had a chance to run our cars, we were heading to Dunkin Donuts and we went through the forest preserve. (don’t flame about street racing no cars on both sides). Once we left the first corner we slow down we decided that its best to do it from 30mph roll to 100 I agreed on the 30mph roll because it wouldn’t be very fair if he wasn’t boosting. I turn of my radio my heater and click the sport button slap it down to second gear then it hits me I filled up 20min ago I have a full tank he has half a tank and its turbo weather, any way its time to man up. We leave on the third honk. I pull away instantly I am shocked because I have driven his car and it pulls hard not to mention his turbo is loud due to the fact that he has CAI. Well they’re is no way to say it the Mazda pulls very hard but due to the refinement of my Mercedes its very easy to underestimate how much power the car actually has. End result Mercedes takes the Mazda by almost 2 car lengths

MS3- CAI Crank horsepower according to him 289
CLK500- Stock with a full tank of fuel a trunk full of fluids and subwoofer.
Attached Thumbnails CLK500 vs Mazda Speed 3-east-river.jpg  
Old 04-07-2009, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
nice kill!

yah, those little mazda 3 speeds are cool, but they max out after turboback, intake, and tune......then its time to upgrade turbos (or internals, i dont remember which)
Old 04-07-2009, 01:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suzuki Burgman Executive
Originally Posted by jturkel
nice kill!

yah, those little mazda 3 speeds are cool, but they max out after turboback, intake, and tune......then its time to upgrade turbos (or internals, i dont remember which)
He plans on getting a cobb tune and a testpipe.

I plan on putting on a AMG airbox, pulley's, straight pipes (true dual), software from speed tunning and money permiting 100 wet shot of nitrous.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by audi_guy
He plans on getting a cobb tune and a testpipe.

I plan on putting on a AMG airbox, pulley's, straight pipes (true dual), software from speed tunning and money permiting 100 wet shot of nitrous.
yah.....nitrous or not, you'll still smoke him