Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

CLK vs. 997C4S vert.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by FastDonzi
just go to youtube and look. its there. for everyone to see.you are so cool with your big bad *** 55.can i be your friend? you want to feel real thrills, buy a bike and hit the track. then you can be on my level.or maybe you don't posses those skills.
I did look. Didn't find it, which is why I want to see the link to the video that you supposedly just watched. I suspect that you're either BSing again, or that if it does exist, it was a run done at altitude--which, as a seasoned track hand like yourself would know, kind of tends to sap power, which would make your video absolutely irrelevant, unless you were running at sea level while the imaginary Porsche was at 6000 ft.

It's kind of funny that instead of addressing the speed differences between the cars, and the claim that you supposedly spotted a 12 second car a full second in a 14 second car and still pulled him from 30-100, you just launch into ad hominem attacks and try to divert attention from the facts.

Why might that be?

Last edited by Improviz; 05-08-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:41 PM

'10 c63,'03expedition,ducati999,22'Donzi
OH. so you do know about that video. didn't you just say that you could not find it? dude you have problems ,and they have nothing to do with me.i can't help you. good luck!
Old 05-08-2009, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
OH. so you do know about that video. didn't you just say that you could not find it? dude you have problems ,and they have nothing to do with me.i can't help you. good luck!
Say what? You seem to have some reading comprehension issues. Please try very slowly, letter by letter if necessary, to follow what I wrote. Nowhere did I state, explicitly or implicitly, that I had found any such video; in fact, I said explicitly that I had not found it, and asked (twice, now three times) for you to provide the link.

And why am I not surprised that there is still no link?

So again: produce the video if you can, and explain its relevance to your imaginary race....I mean, you do have a point you're trying to make somewhere here, right?
Old 05-08-2009, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
One other thing:

You claimed, here, that you'd run a 13.5 @ 105 in your CLK. When? Where? Got a slip you could scan?

This is CLK55 territory, and you got there with a chip and exhaust, oh, and you even managed to do it launching in winter mode??? How would this help, exactly?
Old 05-09-2009, 12:23 AM

maybe you have a problem understanding that on any given day anyone can win or loose. you seem to be a little thick headed. i luv u anyway. go to bed.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
maybe you have a problem understanding that on any given day anyone can win or loose. you seem to be a little thick headed. i luv u anyway. go to bed.
Yawn...more attacks, zero substance, no video, no timeslip, no answers. Nothing but more of the same old

Old 05-09-2009, 12:47 AM

why did you edit post #26, line 2.where you added in there "or if that it does exist". if you think I'm trying to impress you with my lame 13.5 second clk daily driver you are mistaken.i bet i can make you wet your panties though when i fly by your super fast 55 @ 120 or so on one wheel.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:52 AM

does 105 trap sound high to you also? thats what the mustang gt. 370z, and many other cars in that class run.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
I edited the post because it dawned on me that, at high altitude, a CLS63 could trap much lower than at sea level. Also, from a dead stop, if a CLS63 spun wildly, he could lose some trap speed as well, so if he was at high altitude AND spun, he could pull a really crappy trap.

But hey, genius, guess what? Neither are relevant here, because:

1) you are in New Jersey, not Denver, and so was the Porsche you supposedly ran;

2) the Porsche you supposedly ran is AWD and would be unaffected by severe spin;

3) you supposedly ran him from a roll, ruling out any possibility of a launch error on his part.

4) you already admitted that you gave him a jump. So if he runs a 12.7, guess what? Subtract one second from that from your perspective, as you just started the race one second after he did, given that you would first have to see him jump on it, react, make decision to stomp it, stomp it, have the car react/downshift, etc etc etc....and in this one second, starting at 30 mph at full throttle, his car would have already been going 12 mph faster than yours.

So how is it possible, then, that he never managed to get past your bumper?

YOU stated that he "whipped around" you and stomped it, and THEN you got on it AFTER seeing this. So are you a robot? Do you have zero reaction time? Zero time from reaction to decision? Zero time from decision to nail gas? Zero time for car to downshift?

Didn't think so.

So how is it possible for him not to gain on you while he's at full throttle and you're still reacting, stomping, waiting for car to downshift? Do you have a "back to the future" car that allows you to go back in time to the instant where your opponent stomps on the gas??

And oh, what's that about a convertible being slower, and oh, the race was from a roll, so gee, that explains it, right?

So I guess the new M3 V8 should have no trouble with one of those slow ragtops from a roll, then...right?
997 Carrera S ragtop vs M3 V8:

And oh, you CLAIM to trap at 105, eh? Gee, that's what Cayman S's trap at, isn't it? Hmm, wonder how badly that Cayman S would beat the Carrera S?
Click and see:

So, there you have it: these races were run with both cars starting at the same time. YOU claim that he jumped on it first, and yet you still pulled him??

Bull*****. Absolute, total bull*****.

What you are describing is simply not possible. The numbers show it, the weight to power ratings of the cars show it, videos show it, and here is one more for you:

997 C4S runs a low 12:

Last edited by Improviz; 05-09-2009 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:55 AM
Banned

SL600
why did you edit post #26, line 2.where you added in there "or if that it does exist". if you think I'm trying to impress you with my lame 13.5 second clk daily driver you are mistaken.i bet i can make you wet your panties though when i fly by your super fast 55 @ 120 or so on one wheel.
Apples and Oranges my friend.

I got a buddy in the Air Force, he can quite literally "fly by" your two (or one) wheeled contraption like you are standing still.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:55 AM

i look up to your friend.tell him i appreciate his service. but, we are talking now about ourselves.not what my "friend" can do. i KNOW, i can drive the **** out of my car, and get every last hp to the ground @ the right time, thats all. so if you grown ups are going to sit here and ridicule my stupid liitle story and make such a big deal about not believing it then be it. this is ridiculous.I've been on this forum for over two years now and have watched people get bashed by guys like you about their kill stories or races because you don't believe them or it doesn't seem plausible to you. that doesn't seem like a nice way to try and make friends.like mom always said, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all. DRIVE FAST.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i look up to your friend.tell him i appreciate his service. but, we are talking now about ourselves.not what my "friend" can do. i KNOW, i can drive the **** out of my car, and get every last hp to the ground @ the right time, thats all. so if you grown ups are going to sit here and ridicule my stupid liitle story and make such a big deal about not believing it then be it. this is ridiculous.I've been on this forum for over two years now and have watched people get bashed by guys like you about their kill stories or races because you don't believe them or it doesn't seem plausible to you. that doesn't seem like a nice way to try and make friends.like mom always said, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all. DRIVE FAST.
If you don't wanna be bashed and accused of bs, then get proof so you can makem shut up, or you go to another forum. These guys are notorious for this kinda stuff , but it's fun to read at the same time
Old 05-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Banned

SL600
My point was your comparing two different things.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:33 AM

so, now everyone needs to have videos or proof of the runs to post anything.someones word is not good enough? that goes against the whole purpose of joining a forum for entertainment. you guys are TOO serious.this kill section SUCKS.DONE!
Old 05-10-2009, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Yet again, Improviz inflicts an unconditional surrender.

*Applause*
Old 05-11-2009, 05:56 PM

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts
S63 COUPE M157
Just to make it clear, my 911 4S Targa PDK produces 385BHP and I ran that CLS63AMG from a dig and also from a roll. From a dig up to 120MPH we were always door to door or I was by few inches ahead but only until 120MPH when AMG would start pulling on me, but very slowly.

We also raced from a roll (I haven't captured that one) and we both started at 30 and we ran door to door up to 125-130 where Mercedes would start to slowly pull on me.

All races were done in Sport Plus mode and without power brake - therefore Mercedes always got a jump (from a dig) but because of the PDK I would always gain it all back immediately after start.

This video is worth watching:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It9_jxLjl6U

And by the way, to the guy who said that well driven S5 can keep up with CLS 63 AMG; all I can say that it is totally impossible. I own MTM A5 with 3.0 TDI engine that produces 310BHP and 640NM and is just as fast as Audi S5 (confirmed). There is absolutely no way of stock S5 keeping up with CLS63AMG at any speed. S5 actually doesn't even beat 335i.

Last edited by GMBALL; 05-11-2009 at 06:03 PM.