Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

S65 and the SLOBRA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2009 | 11:59 AM

2018 S63, lowered
S65 and the SLOBRA

I was on the way to Krogers yesterday when I saw a loud, black Cobra passing me the opposite direction. So, I promptly U-turned and chased him down to see if he'd bite. Ironically, his vanity plate read "SLOBRA" so I was fairly certain he'd be willing to give my sedan a try.

I pulled up next to him and blipped the throtte in first a few times and he immediately downshifts and takes off before we could "fairly" line them up. We go a second time and I asked for the move, which he granted. This is from 1st at about 20mph.......I leave and put a half car on him from the move.....then probably another .25-.50 car on him before we got out of it. He shifted 3 times.....that blower was so friggin loud that's all I could hear. It was close, but I think it would have gotten worse for him with a little more room.

We stop at the next intersection and exchange compliments, specs etc. He said it was heavily modded (intake, headers, cat back, pulleys, CAI are a few that I can remember) and that it made about 520rwhp. I told him that mine was stock and made 530rwhp- then got the from the driver. We wave goodbye, he turns right and does a healthy 1st through 3rd acceleration.......then I hear sirens. John Law is flying up behind me.....he makes a right and pulls the Cobra over I think he must have been close by us and heard him banging gears a few seconds earlier. That car was loud as hell. I gave the innocent look at the po-po as he had to stop next to me at the intersection before making a right....."who me? In this big 4 door sedan?? Racing?.....No way."

Last edited by Busa196; 08-09-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-09-2009 | 09:15 PM

LS430
Another reason to own the big beast sleeper S65, cops won't look at your weird. Great kill, the owner seemed like he was suprised about the power your car is making.
Old 08-10-2009 | 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
hahaha, great kill man. Only messed up part is Cobra got pulled over. Hell ya the the S65 is a big time sleeper (except for people like us that know about them). Cops won't expect that and the best part is it still has room to grow (ECU tune) can you imagine it then?

Good race, thanks for sharing
Old 08-10-2009 | 03:02 PM

SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
Slobra

Great kill man and funny story. BTW: was the "Slobra" one of the older DOHC supercharged 2003/2004 Terminator models? or was it the newer 2005 plus Shelby Cobra models that came out with the updated Stang? I am guessing that it was the Terminator since you listed all of his mods and he still had only 520hp. I know those were "Underated" by the factory at 390 hp stock but could get tons more out of them with some judicious mods. If I recall, the newer version are rated 500ish stock and should be well above that with mods but I don't know them as well. I've heard that Shelby's "Super Snake" version is close to 700 hp "Yowzzer".

It never ceased to amaze me that Ford can make the Mustang in its many variants, (GT, Mach-I, Cobra SVT, Cobra Terminator, Cobra GT500, etc) all into some of the best sounding street cars available today and poor old GM's Corvette sounds like my moms grocery grabber sedan. ???Whats up with that?

Not to highjack your thread but I was out in the C32 yesterday and noticed a silver 2003/2004 Mustang with Cobra hood and wheels on it. I passed it in traffic but it pulled out and followed me. I drive past my exit to stop at a light with open road ahead and allow the Mustang to pull up along side, which he did. Anticipating a short street run, I got ready but when the light went green, the Ford jocky wimped out, lol. Now my C32 is no match for your S65 but as far as I can tell, he was in a GT with a few mods and not a Cobra. I ended up gently accellerating away and he never even tried. It was a big surprise as most Mustang Jockeys will bite in a heartbeat.

BTW: Your S65 even stock is one of the worlds biggest sleepers. I have an old friend with a black one with a number of mods and he kills people in his all the time, despite his being 84 years young. I watched him trap a 10.99 ET in his red, highly modded Porsche 911 turbo last year, lol. Speed freaks never grow up, lol.

Irish
Old 08-10-2009 | 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by Busa196
I was on the way to Krogers yesterday when I saw a loud, black Cobra passing me the opposite direction. So, I promptly U-turned and chased him down to see if he'd bite. Ironically, his vanity plate read "SLOBRA" so I was fairly certain he'd be willing to give my sedan a try.

I pulled up next to him and blipped the throtte in first a few times and he immediately downshifts and takes off before we could "fairly" line them up. We go a second time and I asked for the move, which he granted. This is from 1st at about 20mph.......I leave and put a half car on him from the move.....then probably another .25-.50 car on him before we got out of it. He shifted 3 times.....that blower was so friggin loud that's all I could hear. It was close, but I think it would have gotten worse for him with a little more room.

We stop at the next intersection and exchange compliments, specs etc. He said it was heavily modded (intake, headers, cat back, pulleys, CAI are a few that I can remember) and that it made about 520rwhp. I told him that mine was stock and made 530rwhp- then got the from the driver. We wave goodbye, he turns right and does a healthy 1st through 3rd acceleration.......then I hear sirens. John Law is flying up behind me.....he makes a right and pulls the Cobra over I think he must have been close by us and heard him banging gears a few seconds earlier. That car was loud as hell. I gave the innocent look at the po-po as he had to stop next to me at the intersection before making a right....."who me? In this big 4 door sedan?? Racing?.....No way."
Nice kill! The po-po mustve pulled the Stang for excessive noise. Gotta love your sleeper
Old 08-11-2009 | 11:44 AM

2018 S63, lowered
I actually managed to find the guy on a different forum. He got a ticket for "excessive speed" for slightly spining the tires after he made that right turn.

Funny thing is, I could have made that right turn just like him and mashed the go pedal and the cop never would have thought twice about it. He never would have heard me, and probably would have thought "who's the grandpa in the 4-door trying to be cool?"
Old 08-11-2009 | 05:25 PM

LS430
Originally Posted by Busa196
I actually managed to find the guy on a different forum. He got a ticket for "excessive speed" for slightly spining the tires after he made that right turn.

Funny thing is, I could have made that right turn just like him and mashed the go pedal and the cop never would have thought twice about it. He never would have heard me, and probably would have thought "who's the grandpa in the 4-door trying to be cool?"
The same "grandpa" that knows what he bought and wants others to find out the hard way.