Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

modded C32 vs S4 wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
modded C32 vs S4 wagon

I'll make this a nice long narrative for those that like stories lol.....

I decided to go to a local (in Mexico) hookah lounge last night as I'm a big fan. Picked up two of my buddies on the way, adding about 400lbs of weight to my car.

Started driving there and came up on a black Audi S4 Wagon. Not sure if it was a B6 or B7, but definitely had a V8 with the quad exhaust tips. Looked sick, I'm not gonna lie. It had what looked like 18' or 19' black rims with a nice polished lip and roof rack for snowboards/skis.

As we moved on from the light, I rolled down the windows and started peering over at the guy through his dark tinted windows. I could barely see in. He looked, but did nothing. I gave the car some gas, and then a little more, and then got on it JUST enough for the s/c whine to kick it (and its loud with my setup)......THAT got the guy going for sure. He promptly gunned it, switched lanes, and gunned it forward. Exhaust sounded really good, not sure if it was stock exhaust or not, but I liked the sound. Either way, I was like WTF? Is this guy running from me? So I catch up and we are coming up to a red light. Unfortunately, we don't get there in time to catch the red, and he guns it again........and i got pissed

so I catch up again and we have some space, I'm going about 40 mph and my buddies start giving the guy the "roll" sign with their hands. so then the guy down shifts it to second, and i *think* guns it. I wasnt sure so i got on it about half-way as I ask my buddy in the front (the car was on my right) if he is gunning it. He says, yah......so then i gunned it at the bottom of third.

I was unprepared for the race as i would usually manually downshift with the speedshift. The car for some reason didn't downshift into the top of second like it should have. Oh well. No need.

The guy had 1/2 car - car jump on me and then i slowly started to reel him in. Once I hit boost, I had about a car or so on him and was pulling really hard. Shut it down at about 110 i think? maybe 100-105? basically i just went through my entire third gear starting at the very bottom of the gear.

Guy must have been surprised and saddened as he quickly slowed down after this, moved over 2 lanes, and got onto the highway. Oh well....

Easy kill with extra weight in my car while it was already heat soaked from the 100 degree temps lol. I really need to split my coolant system to stop the heat soak in these temps.

For those wondering, I put down 350whp and 359wtq on a dyno dynamics on 91 octane before installing headers. I haven't head my car dyno'd or retuned since the header install.

Last edited by jturkel; 08-15-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320, Looking for my S4
Great Read and Nice kill
Old 08-16-2009, 05:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Nice!! Very detailed can really picture the scenario

WTF was the guy doing with skis on his car at 100 degrees? lol
Old 08-16-2009, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Karo
Nice!! Very detailed can really picture the scenario

WTF was the guy doing with skis on his car at 100 degrees? lol
there werent skis on the car, but a huge ski rack on the roof. i have NO idea what it was doing there. its the middle of August in Arizona. lol. maybe for water skiis? haha....idk
Old 08-16-2009, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Great kill!!! Having a few guys in the car really sucks up the power and to come out with a "W" is very impressive. Nice way to represent the AMG!!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Great kill!!! Having a few guys in the car really sucks up the power and to come out with a "W" is very impressive. Nice way to represent the AMG!!!!
thanks!

yah the biggest factor though was the heat and the fact i didnt immediately punch it.

on my older setup running 5 less pounds of boost, i pulled on a TrailBlazer SS with four passengers (additional 700-800 lbs or so).

its amazing what just 10 degrees difference in temperature can do for these F/I cars.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jturkel
thanks!

yah the biggest factor though was the heat and the fact i didnt immediately punch it.

on my older setup running 5 less pounds of boost, i pulled on a TrailBlazer SS with four passengers (additional 700-800 lbs or so).

its amazing what just 10 degrees difference in temperature can do for these F/I cars.
Yep, I witnessed this first hand. I raced at Fontana in 105 degree weather with DA close to 5000 DA, (I'm sure you AZ boyz know all about heat ) and a couple weeks later at Sacramento in 75-85. With about a 25 degree difference I picked up .6 and 8 mph in the 1/4 mile. I could only imagine how much a long pull would have affected me since my car runs very strong up top.

Either nice kill and be safe out there. I'm not really allowed to street race anymore . It's a deal my wife and I have, I could drag my car as much as I want but in return I promised not to street race....haha. I try my hardest but sometimes people make it so tough .
Old 08-17-2009, 02:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Yep, I witnessed this first hand. I raced at Fontana in 105 degree weather with DA close to 5000 DA, (I'm sure you AZ boyz know all about heat ) and a couple weeks later at Sacramento in 75-85. With about a 25 degree difference I picked up .6 and 8 mph in the 1/4 mile. I could only imagine how much a long pull would have affected me since my car runs very strong up top.

Either nice kill and be safe out there. I'm not really allowed to street race anymore . It's a deal my wife and I have, I could drag my car as much as I want but in return I promised not to street race....haha. I try my hardest but sometimes people make it so tough .
yah. that is an atrocious DA, though typical of what I have raced in down at SIR in Tucson. In early June, DA was 6300 or so. C6 Z06 was trapping 114 (granted the driver sucked). But the second fastest car was my ex-roommates LS1 camaro with lid and full exhaust (longtubes) running a 13.3 at 108 lol.

I have raced countless times against this camaro in both colder and warmer temperatures and it is night and day. When its cold, I pull a little. When its hot, he pulls hard.

Haha.....oh wives.....glad I'm still young and currently single, though exs definitely freaked-out/hated when i do/did that. it is hard to not street race in Mexico, I know. I'm too familiar with it. Be safe as well
Old 08-26-2009, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Z06, 2006 Touareg V8, 1999 A4 1.8t, 1997 M3
Nice... quad tips = B7. 340bhp stock and really not much to add to that without adding a blower.

So, you probably had ~90whp on him and even with 4 guys in your car you may have weighed as much as the avant with a passenger or two

Good run anyhow. Better than a lot of the posts on here!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by TwentyValveB5
Nice... quad tips = B7. 340bhp stock and really not much to add to that without adding a blower.

So, you probably had ~90whp on him and even with 4 guys in your car you may have weighed as much as the avant with a passenger or two

Good run anyhow. Better than a lot of the posts on here!
yah, i knew even with everyone in my car it wasnt gonna be much of a race even with heat issues. i have always been an Audi fan and considered an S4 before i got my C32. i went with my C because of the modding potential over the V8 S4, b/c i think all you can do with those is maybe an intake, exhaust, and tune....and then ur done.

just a good run with a beautiful car. glad you liked the post!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:10 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
did you install the dashdyno spd yet?
Old 08-27-2009, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by FrankW
did you install the dashdyno spd yet?
i have. but i have no digital camera accessible at this moment to take pictures of install pics.

i'm guessing you might want dyno numbers or boost readings? lol

i'm working on calibrating the boost for atmospheric pressure. i thought i *edit* DID it right but then i got a read out of 24psi yesterday at 95 degrees F, so i might need to recalibrate it again

Last edited by jturkel; 08-27-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:36 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
i have. but i have no digital camera accessible at this moment to take pictures of install pics.

i'm guessing you might want dyno numbers or boost readings? lol

i'm working on calibrating the boost for atmospheric pressure. i thought i didnt it right but then i got a read out of 24psi yesterday at 95 degrees F, so i might need to recalibrate it again
boost reading for sure
Old 08-27-2009, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by FrankW
boost reading for sure
will get to it shortly. i'm currently trying to install a oil catch can on my car and am having some fitment issues with our small little engine bay lol

i CAN say that as far as IAT goes, i was getting between 135 and 135 at around 45 mph in 05 degree weather. Then when I went WOT, i saw temps rise as high as 162-165. Cooled back down to about 140 after 2 or so minutes.

It's great. I will get some video clips of it too. I have warning lights set so I don't get on it when the car isn't warmed up and stuff like that. Really a neat device. Sorry you couldn't get one
Old 09-01-2009, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
as an update, i have been hitting about 18.5 psi in the summer temps of 100+ out here.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
Hey Jterkel
Great read!!! Crazy streets of Mexico......
I have one of PTE tstat if you are interested. I is for a clk430
I bought it as I was going to SC the car but now going different route!
If it fits hit me up will let it go for good price!
Old 09-02-2009, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by sick430
Hey Jterkel
Great read!!! Crazy streets of Mexico......
I have one of PTE tstat if you are interested. I is for a clk430
I bought it as I was going to SC the car but now going different route!
If it fits hit me up will let it go for good price!
Hey bud,

glad you enjoyed the story!

i actually already have the thermostat. just waiting to install. thanks for the offer! if you check with Patrick (PTE) to see if it fits a C55, then i have a buyer for you!
Old 09-02-2009, 02:05 PM

2005 E55
will get to it shortly. i'm currently trying to install a oil catch can on my car and am having some fitment issues with our small little engine bay lol
Hey Turkel, I talked to Rob at need wings and they just finished their C32 oil catch can. He said they were just writing the install directions. I've seen you've had yours for a while so I'm assuming it's the crossfire one. Maybe he can help.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by 02C32guy
Hey Turkel, I talked to Rob at need wings and they just finished their C32 oil catch can. He said they were just writing the install directions. I've seen you've had yours for a while so I'm assuming it's the crossfire one. Maybe he can help.
its the same thing. just mounted elsewhere. i'm installing his c32 prototype kit. should be on this week! will post results in C32 section once completed along with my new and upcoming cooling mod (new reservoir with split cooling system)