Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

E320 Bluetec vs Dodge Magnum RT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
07 E320 Bluetec
E320 Bluetec vs Dodge Magnum RT

Here I was doing a leisurely 75mph in the fast lane with my wife on my way to the temple near Woodbury NJ when I saw a black Dodge RT Wagon come on to my tail; I knew he wanted to race me. I was on the I-295 S (NJ) with traffic blocking my way. I then saw a gap in the middle lane and floored it, then moved to the fast lane with the Dodge on my tail, I pulled away 4 car lengths, much to the RT's surprise, but he was gunning for me with his 5.7L 340HP 390ft lb V8 against my 265HP 470ft lb Bluetec (thanks KD-Box). I moved aside to the middle lane to see if he was faster. I did not gain any distance though we were both doing 100+ with my wife asking me to slow down. I hit traffic again and slowed down, letting the Dodge pass me on my left. 30 seconds later I saw another gap and we were at it again; this time I did not let go; eventually we reached a fork in the road and we split up.

I concluded: in an open road condition the Dodge would very likely pass me before I hit the speed limiter (135mph) since the Dodge is rated at 143mph but the Bluetec beat the Dodge on Torque.

I need an E63 AMG; perhaps end of this year when the new E63 comes out. I'm still keeping the Bluetec.

Last edited by pinebaron; 08-23-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 G8 GXP M6
Hooray for the oil burners!!

I'm having daydreams of my old chipped TDI (50mpg and 115mph) and my 7.3 Excursion (measured 7.3 sec 0-60, funny coincidence...)(measured with an old G-analyst with some custom software.. I know I should have measured the lift/squat angle more accurately, but I was somewhat under the impression that the 11.5 foot wheelbase muted any angular errors)