Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

My CL600 vs 98 S'charged Cobra, LS1 Camaro, Mk4 Supra, FD RX7, & 408 T/A

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 07:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes
My CL600 vs 98 S'charged Cobra, LS1 Camaro, Mk4 Supra, FD RX7, & 408 T/A

Well, this weekend I had a good time in Mexico. Here's a quick recap of the fun!

CL600 vs S'charged 98 Cobra:

Race 1 - We went from a 20 roll, and he jumped a little early...like right after the 2nd honk (seems to be normal for him). As soon as he jumps I hammer it and stop his pull with his back bumper at my front bumper...and we stayed right there until my governor shut the fun down at 130.

Race 2 - This time was a 25 roll, with the same early jump after the 2nd honk. Basically the same results, except he had a fuel pump issue that shut his car down around 100.

CL600 vs LS1 Camaro w/ 100 shot:
This race actually came about because the Camaro and above Cobra were going to race when the same fuel pump issue resurfaced...so I took the Cobra's place.

Race 1: From a dig...(glad cause I HATE roll racing). Anyway, I bring the car up to 1300rpm, hold it, and wait for him to honk it off. We both leave together on the 3rd honk and I put several bus lengths on him right off the bat. By the time we hit 80-90 I see him coming hard and reeling me in quick. At 120 we were door to door, and right after that it looked I was tied to something.

Race 2: 40 roll. We leave together on the 3rd honk and he steadily pulls me until we shut it down at 120 with him about 2-3 cars ahead. With him not having to lauch it was over for me before it ever started.

Race 3: This was a no spray run from 30. I pulled him steadily up to 120 with me finishing about 2-3 cars ahead this time.

CL600 vs Mk4 Supra:

Only Race: From a dig, we both nail it...and I find out I'm a total douche and didn't turn of ESP. Anyway, he jumps me pretty quick while my car pulls power. Finally get the big Benz rolling and start making up ground quick...and came around him at about 80 and pulled steadily with 3+ cars at 120. We were gonna go from a roll, but he didn't want to after I made up that much ground.

CL600 vs FD RX7:

Race 1: 40 roll, we both nail it and I jump him. He's about at my back bumper and as his turbo spools he makes up ground till he's at my door. Then he shifts and drops back to the bumper, then makes it back to my door again. Another shift and he's back at the bumper. As the turbo spools again he starts making up ground and we were door to door at 120. After 120, though, he left me bad!

Race 2: From a dig, apparently his car isn't so good off the line and I got about 2 cars on him right off the take off. We finished at 120 with him 1/2 a car behind, after 120 it was the same story.

CL600 vs 408 T/A:

Only Race: From a dig I jumped him 1-2 cars and then he started making up ground quick. But...we shut it down at 80 because he got a high RPM noise he didn't like. I won't BS here...This race would've been over quick if I he had've stuck the launch.

Car specs:

CL600 - Stock 03 w/ 5.5L V12 TT - Governor at 130, seems to start pulling power between 120-130, but I don't know for sure.

98 Cobra - 4.6 4V stick with a supercharger, intercooler, and aftermarket cams...don't know much else about it.

LS1 Camaro - Unsure of year, but the mods are a mild cam (sounded like a 224-ish), BBK intake mani, LT's and true duals, 100 shot of N2O. STOCK STALL - for those wondering why he didn't murder me.

Mk4 Supra - Stockish, 15psi boost, injectors and fuel pump, MT ET Street Radials

FD RX7 - Port work, T04R turbo, dunno what else. Supposed to be 395hp.

408 T/A - M6, built 408 T/A, needs a clutch.

Last edited by FormulaZR; 08-24-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CLS63, Honda Accord, 04 911
Thanks for posting, I had an FD RX7 and always wondered how it ran against more current stuff. Back then it seemed VERY fast but out of control at the same time =)
Old 08-24-2009, 08:35 AM

Yes
Originally Posted by 150shot
Thanks for posting, I had an FD RX7 and always wondered how it ran against more current stuff. Back then it seemed VERY fast but out of control at the same time =)
Yea, his car was damn fast...but lower rpms where that big *** turbo wasn't spooled was his downfall.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I read your other post about the IC pump..

were these runs before or after the new IC pump?

Also have you bled your IC circuit lately.

In my case, even after 3 bleeding procures on different days, I still had air bubbles.

just something you can check once more.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:12 PM

Yes
Originally Posted by TopGun32
I read your other post about the IC pump..

were these runs before or after the new IC pump?

Also have you bled your IC circuit lately.

In my case, even after 3 bleeding procures on different days, I still had air bubbles.

just something you can check once more.

These runs were all after the IC pump replacement. I replaced the pump a few months back. I bled it several times in the week that followed the replacement, but have not done so since. I have checked the level recently and it showed no change...but I do need to bleed it again probably.

I did go to the track on Sunday and my times/mph were very consistent as opposed to before the IC pump replacement when I was all over the place.