Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Killed my friend after the Falcons killed the Dolphins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C55
Killed my friend after the Falcons killed the Dolphins

I think this will count as a kill story................just think back to any experiences that you've had with someone that was oblivious to anything car or performance related. And I mean oblivious.

A buddy of mine came over yesterday and we hung out and watched the football games. At 4PM we wanted to go out for a while and see what life was like outside of my living room. I offered to drive as he'd been drinking and I'd only been doing mixed drinks (and by mixed I mean 1/2 water and 1/2 iced tea...I'm weird, like really watered down tea). It is the first time he'd been in my C55 since I purchased it a while back and when he got in the comments ranged from "pretty comfortable" to "I liked your other car(s) better (2006 E350 & 2009 C350)" to "what is so special about this one anyway".....well that is the one that got me. I'm not sure if any of you have been in this boat before, but keep in mind that he has to register in the negative numbers when it comes to car knowledge and didn't even know what an AMG was <<insert heart break here>>. I gave him the cliff notes version of why I got rid of a brand new car (2009 C350) and purchased this one....unfortunatly he didn't get it. Then I explained to him the relative rarity of the car and that you were essentially paying for the engine.......he still didn't get it. So then my approach was to start it up, let him hear the exhaust note (modified) and did a few blips of the throttle.......I was getting nowhere. Pretty frustrating actually.

So then we backed out of my driveway and were off and running. I'd given up at this point, but then he said, "man, this car got a little kick to it".....he felt the torque when I got on it a bit....nothing out of the ordinary, but I was glad to see the layers of fog disappear from around this non-car-guys brain. At that point I made a quick turn and was heading for this road I know out by my house......I was intent on "showing" him an bit more at this point.

I'll cut to the chase; I slowed down to a near crawl and then punched it.........we rocketed from about 20 mph to about 115 mph in a few blinks (I say about b/c I was more focused on his reaction than the actual speed) and this guy went about as white as you can possibly get w/o actually seeing the ghost. I shut it down when I saw how nervous he was and I swore at one point he stopped breathing......well, actually shut it down because he looked kinda pale to me and I didn't need a mess to clean up in a car I'd just spent the day before detailing.

All he could muster was a "dude, what the %$#@#$%$" and that was the last thing he said until we reached our destination (15 minutes down the road).

Fellas, I think we have another believer in our midst; took me almost killing him via heart failure, but I proved the point.

..........and now the disclaimer: there was no traffic, no small children were injured and no animals were harmed. The only negative was my contribution to the hole in the ozone layer due to exhaust fumes and if a Prius driver had seen me I would have angered him with my big-bad-V8 (that is obvious to him I don't need nor should I want).

Be safe out there!
Old 09-14-2009, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charger SRT-8
Dude, you just brought a non-car guy to the dark side! Nice!