Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

E55 vs Challenger SRT-8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charger SRT-8
[QUOTE=Jons95c36amg;3959559]
A bolton,tuned 300c srt-8 is close to 500hp crank no?
I would say about 485hp.

I'm sure his modded Srt-8 runs low 12s.
Only with DRs. IF he traps 115mph I would lean towards mid-12s

Originally Posted by Improviz
I think they have bumped it to a 3.06 in the new one, as I've searched around and all of the sources I've found state it as 3.06, except the fine folks at MB, who have better things to do than list such minutae on their website.

Hey, waitaminute, AMG has a separate website, let me check there: oh, yeah, that settles it: they're listing it as 2.82!!!
How frustrating!

Yeah, but that's the great thing about Mopars, they've got lots of options to beef them up pretty quickly that won't bust the bank. Always been a Mopar fan, still have an original "426 Hemi" side badge from the old days, had it since I was a kid.
That's cool about the badge. The modern 5.7 and 6.1 does have a pretty good aftermarket but the LSx is still considered king. It may also be a reflection of the sheer size and mass of the LX platform.

Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
Yes he had a time slip. He pulls in 2nd gear (about a car)and I keep up in 3rd. So the 40-120 he gets me almost 2cars. Did the runs couple times. The Clk55 vs E63 run he is gone before I hit 100. Same 40-120. The 6.3 AMG is no joke
Lets factor 115mph is drag prepped, most likely with race gas and who knows what else besides the tune.

Also 40mph is either very high for 1st gear or a near dead-spot for 2nd in the SRT-8 so there is that to consider.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
That's cool about the badge.
I'll try to post a pic later.

The modern 5.7 and 6.1 does have a pretty good aftermarket but the LSx is still considered king. It may also be a reflection of the sheer size and mass of the LX platform.
Yeah, you can definitely get the most bang for the buck on the LS's, no doubt about it. Sickening, really.

Lets factor 115mph is drag prepped, most likely with race gas and who knows what else besides the tune.

Also 40mph is either very high for 1st gear or a near dead-spot for 2nd in the SRT-8 so there is that to consider.
This is also true for the CLK, though, so I don't think that'd give him a leg up. I just think that either he's really exagerating, or that the SRT guy botched it somehow...gas could be a factor too, depending upon how agressive the tune, but those are 10.x:1, aren't they? I wouldn't think it'd be too large of a penalty, but if he got some junk in the tank it wouldn't help...
Old 02-28-2010, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
I never said your modded c55 is not faster than my Clk55. But don't guess what it will run. Also which car would I rather be driving your 15 yr old Talon or a 09 C63? Please give it a rest.
OK this is a lil long but here goes:

Wait a minute Chon. Are you implying that I can't buy a C63? I can buy one with out my wifes help if I want. I could get rid of my cars if I wanted to but I like all of them. My wife tells me to get rid of them but I refuse. Sometimes I listen and consider it but why?
Plenty of REAL car enthusiasts still keep their old cars,why,because there is some novelty involved.

What difference does it make how old they are, all I know is that my 12 yr old C43 waxed your 9 or 10yr old CLK55. And you STILL own it. My 11 yr old 99 M3 would have completely destroyed your 15 yr old C36 that you just sold.
You bought a new car with the help of your GF and I am not mad at you. You r the one who feels you have something to prove because when you first bought any of your cars you started immediately calling people out!
Your ego has been crushed many a times,and your tired of folks literally kicking sand in your dumb little face. So you buy a C63 that you could barely afford. Great no problem,enjoy it like Ive said b4. Im sure it helps you rest better at night after my benz thoroughly humiliated both your cars. I'm also sure people pm you to encourage you not to pay folks any mind. I could imagine who as well but I will not say. It's probably a troll I won't mention
However,you have been the aggressor in each and every case. You r the one sitting at Mexico bright and early,every Sunday morning,sunshine,rain,or snow,waiting for an opportunity to see who you could run. I'm usually here Sunday morning lying up here with my wife relaxing form a busy 5 to 6 days of work making plans for vacationing and what we will be doing today. Trust me,you r far from my mind until I visit mbworld with some leisure time.

I will not race your C63 with my C43. Why? Because common sense says that the C63 will win. If you want to race my 15 yr old Talon,then let's do it for 1k. If you win,I will make a car payment for you and give you 1k.
With 1k you can put that towards a Renntech SW upgrade.
Look I am even giving you incentive to run my car.

I assure you that if Impro saw you in person ,he would not believe a person of your infantile ,cartoonish,nerdy stature,maybe 5ft 4,135lbs soaken wet ,with big glasses and a baseball cap,is spewing out so much crap!

I guarantee you Ihave spent and earn more $$ than your little mail carrying job has earned you your whole time there.

Back on topic now,we wil invite Will back to the convo. I will call him tonite.

Jon if you want,we can setup something again with your CLK vs my C43. Yep I will put my 17" rims back on. Yep I will call Will to come back out and run his SRT8 against your CLK.

But to shut that hole up in the middle of your face I want to run your C63 vs my Talon. I am even speculating giving you a one car lead out the hole with the brake. If this does not motivate you I dont know what will. Keep looking at the black car in my sig and say to yourself,"That 15 yr old car looks good,but I think I could take it" Don't fear it Jon,bring your used 2k9 C63 and give it a go. Trust me,you don't want me to buy a C63 and run your half pint ***,because you know my C63 definitely would not be stock for long!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 02-28-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
OK this is a lil long but here goes:

Wait a minute Chon. Are you implying that I can't buy a C63? I can buy one with out my wifes help if I want. I could get rid of my cars if I wanted to but I like all of them. My wife tells me to get rid of them but I refuse. Sometimes I listen and consider it but why?
Plenty of REAL car enthusiasts still keep their old cars,why,because there is some novelty involved.

What difference does it make how old they are, all I know is that my 12 yr old C43 waxed your 9 or 10yr old CLK55. And you STILL own it. My 11 yr old 99 M3 would have completely destroyed your 15 yr old C36 that you just sold.
You bought a new car with the help of your GF and I am not mad at you. You r the one who feels you have something to prove because when you first bought any of your cars you started immediately calling people out!
Your ego has been crushed many a times,and your tired of folks literally kicking sand in your dumb little face. So you buy a C63 that you could barely afford. Great no problem,enjoy it like Ive said b4. Im sure it helps you rest better at night after my benz thoroughly humiliated both your cars. I'm also sure people pm you to encourage you not to pay folks any mind. I could imagine who as well but I will not say. It's probably a troll I won't mention
However,you have been the aggressor in each and every case. You r the one sitting at Mexico bright and early,every Sunday morning,sunshine,rain,or snow,waiting for an opportunity to see who you could run. I'm usually here Sunday morning lying up here with my wife relaxing form a busy 5 to 6 days of work making plans for vacationing and what we will be doing today. Trust me,you r far from my mind until I visit mbworld with some leisure time.

I will not race your C63 with my C43. Why? Because common sense says that the C63 will win. If you want to race my 15 yr old Talon,then let's do it for 1k. If you win,I will make a car payment for you and give you 1k.
With 1k you can put that towards a Renntech SW upgrade.
Look I am even giving you incentive to run my car.

I assure you that if Impro saw you in person ,he would not believe a person of your infantile ,cartoonish,nerdy stature,maybe 5ft 4,135lbs soaken wet ,with big glasses and a baseball cap,is spewing out so much crap!

I guarantee you Ihave spent and earn more $$ than your little mail carrying job has earned you your whole time there.

Back on topic now,we wil invite Will back to the convo. I will call him tonite.

Jon if you want,we can setup something again with your CLK vs my C43. Yep I will put my 17" rims back on. Yep I will call Will to come back out and run his SRT8 against your CLK.

But to shut that hole up in the middle of your face I want to run your C63 vs my Talon. I am even speculating giving you a one car lead out the hole with the brake. If this does not motivate you I dont know what will. Keep looking at the black car in my sig and say to yourself,"That 15 yr old car looks good,but I think I could take it" Don't fear it Jon,bring your used 2k9 C63 and give it a go. Trust me,you don't want me to buy a C63 and run your half pint ***,because you know my C63 definitely would not be stock for long!
You continue to crack me up This is a car forum so the bottom line is you drive 10+old cars and I drive a 09 C63. It doesnt matter if you could afford it. I could sell my house and get a new 911 turbo or a new Ferrari. You always seem to bring up that super Talon Its no Viper or Supra has no value at all. OH oh dont let me by a GTR Please you need to grow up.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Jon, word is you bailed on a race against a certain Jeep. What happened? I was going to be there to film you get your *** handed to you.

Also its amazing how disillusioned you are. Few months ago you were only driving 10 year old cars yourself, and now you're somehow better because your wife chipped in on a used C63?
Old 03-01-2010, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt
Jon, word is you bailed on a race against a certain Jeep. What happened? I was going to be there to film you get your *** handed to you.

Also its amazing how disillusioned you are. Few months ago you were only driving 10 year old cars yourself, and now you're somehow better because your wife chipped in on a used C63?
You mean this clown never showd up ? Hes such a BIRD!

I'm surprised he didnt offer to race the guy with his 15yr old C36.

What a clown!!!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You continue to crack me up This is a car forum so the bottom line is you drive 10+old cars and I drive a 09 C63. It doesnt matter if you could afford it. I could sell my house and get a new 911 turbo or a new Ferrari. You always seem to bring up that super Talon Its no Viper or Supra has no value at all. OH oh dont let me by a GTR Please you need to grow up.
After I whoop up on you ,you will sell your house,your wifes C63,and your soul and buy a 911 Turbo. Put the 4sale sign on everything you own right now!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt

I never said I was better because I drive a newer model car. But a certain some claims he is better than me because he has all this things going for him. Personally I don't care This is a car forum so we compare cars. What they do or have in their life is irrelevant in this forum
Old 03-01-2010, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

After I whoop up on you ,you will sell your house,your wifes C63,and your soul and buy a 911 Turbo. Put the 4sale sign on everything you own right now!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=Deuuuce;3961771]

I would say about 485hp.

I see but it will lose steam in the topend vs a stock C63

Only with DRs. IF he traps 115mph I would lean towards mid-12s

Yes mid 12s stock tires

How frustrating!

That's cool about the badge. The modern 5.7 and 6.1 does have a pretty good aftermarket but the LSx is still considered king. It may also be a reflection of the sheer size and mass of the LX platform.

You mean this clown never showd up ? Hes such a BIRD!

I'm surprised he didnt offer to race the guy with his 15yr old C36.

What a clown!!!!!
Your the one with the name calling so obviously your jealous
Old 03-02-2010, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=Jons95c36amg;3962802]

Your the one with the name calling so obviously your jealous

Your delusional my boy! Totally delusional. Everyone knows mail carriers have mental issues.

And we all r hearing you never showed up to run the SRT8 on Sunday! Scared again huh Jon Just like my signature says,read below.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 03-02-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:49 PM

Charger SRT-8
[QUOTE=ProjectC55;3965637]

Your delusional my boy! Totally delusional. Everyone knows mail carriers have mental issues.

And we all r hearing you never showed up to run the SRT8 on Sunday! Scared again huh Jon Just like my signature says,read below.
Can you edit that? I don't believe I wrote that.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=Deuuuce;3969018]

Can you edit that? I don't believe I wrote that.
My bad! I edited that wrong.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
damn and all this time i thought my w210 e55 could take a clk55 .. ehh time for the s/c j.k
Old 03-10-2010, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by MBFLO
damn and all this time i thought my w210 e55 could take a clk55 .. ehh time for the s/c j.k
Stock to stock a 210 E55 vs a 208 CLK55 is a driver's race: the E's 7 higher rated horsepower is more than offset by its 300 pounds or so of extra weight, but that extra weight pushing down on its wider 275 (vs 245) rear meat will help it get a better hole shot.

But the factors are close enough to where reaction time and launch skills would determine the outcome, unless one had a really strong motor compared to the other...

A 209 CLK55 would probably win this one, especially the seven speed model: more horsepower, higher redline, and more gears with faster shifting would give it an edge there, assuming relatively equal drivers.