Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

W210 stock E55 vs. Modded Saab 9-3 Aero

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 01 E55
W210 stock E55 vs. Modded Saab 9-3 Aero

This morning, in the suburbs of Mexico City, while driving to a friend's house, I was on 237 Eastbound heading toward I-880 North. I was cruising around 75 mph or so on the onramp, and I happened to pass a rather humdrum looking Saab bumming around at 65ish in the middle lane.

I maintained my 75 MPH speed on the ramp, and noted that the Saab, which had been a speck in the rear view mirror, was getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger... and then blew by me at, I'm guessing 90 MPH in the right lane.

I got on the loud pedal in pursuit, and we both ran to about 135 MPH. I let off before the Dixon Landing exit, and he kept on going. I was ever so slightly pulling on him and closing the distance when I realized how quickly we were moving (boy, that tunnel vision really sets in when you're in pursuit), but I am certain the car had some sort of turbo software, as the stock engine is only a 250 HP turbocharged 2.8 liter V6 driven by the front wheels.

I settled down into a 90 MPH cruise, and he settled down into a 60 MPH cruise. I was able to catch up about a minute later as we neared the Mission Boulevard ramp and passed. I gave the guy a thumbs up. He gave me a big "L" for Loser. So I gave him the middle finger and kept on going.

Oh well. Can't win 'em all.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Interplexor
I gave the guy a thumbs up. He gave me a big "L" for Loser. So I gave him the middle finger and kept on going.
Should've thrown a rock on his windshield instead.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:11 PM

I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
Huh, I never saw Mission Blvd in my Mexico City, we have France Ave
What do you expect from a GM owner-
Old 03-25-2010, 08:16 PM

Charger SRT-8
What color Saab? I'll keep an eye out for him since I'm in that area of Mexico City and blow his doors off for you when I see him.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:20 PM

W210 01 E55
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
What color Saab? I'll keep an eye out for him since I'm in that area of Mexico City and blow his doors off for you when I see him.
Rock on....

It was a darker silverish color. Not quite tectite - a bit brighter than that, and definitely one of the newer Aeros, so it would have a dual exhaust. Driver was a 20-something white guy with a two day unshaven beard, black Oakley sunglasses, and spiked hair...
Old 03-31-2010, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
It sounded like me.... except I am not 20's and I couldn't grow beard in 2 days.

I wear Oakley and have spiked hair after a long sleep

Kidding.... only drove Saab once and didn't even like it.