Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Supped Up Mazda RX8 Kill Story **Long Read**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
Talking Supped Up Mazda RX8 Kill Story **Long Read**

As you may all know, Everyone enjoys taking their cars out and buffing them and getting them all shiny for the weekend. Well, after I did the same thing myself, I ordered a pizza and rented a few movies while it was being made. So I then went home and dropped the movies off, (I had a few friends over), and then asked if someone would help me get the pizzas and hold them so they don't slide around, and lucky me, My Mom volunteered.

So My mother and I are at the drive up window paying and a totally (i mean 5% tint, black wheels & paint) blacked out Mazda rolled by and I knew it wasn't stock the second I heard it. It wasn't a very strong sounding exhaust, but It did have some meanness to it. So I immediately followed him and caught up about a mile away from the pizza joint, and was pulling up next to him when he cut me off, and then I saw a dead giveaway that he wasn't showing off a crappy exhaust and tinted windows. It was what looked to be Sumitomo HTR P01's(My friend has an EXTREMELY similar tire and this looks almost exactly like it).

He had more, and by the looks of it, he tracked his car. So after seeing that and realizing he cut me off knowing I wanted it to play, I knew I had to smoke him. So I followed him about a mile more, and gave him the left 3 blink signal hoping he'd know what I meant. And he did, to which made him turn left. I did it once again, knowing the next left led 2 miles of straight asphalt. He once again turned left and stayed about 20 mph (the speed limit was 35) until I got next to him. Then as I started turning my head to see what was driving, I heard his car kick down, and I immediately did the same.

We were even till about 30 then i started taking him with ease till about 60, and traffic interrupted. Then when I realized we were still close I knew we HAD to go again, a fair race, from a complete stop. 0- whatever speed he stopped at. so we cruised way behind traffic at 20 in a 40 to make room until we hit an upcoming stop and then we both stopped and hesitated, waiting for him to jump it, and all of a sudden, I Heard my mom say dont let him get ahead of us, which startled me, because I totally forgot she was there. Then i punched it and he did a little later too, and I was having no luck whatsoever with the damn ESP on so I shut it off and the tires immediately broke loose and caught real quick, and by then we were about 10 feet behind him at about 35 mph.

After the tires finally grabbed, it was on, we were roaring like a freight train with a mission, a mission to Kill a Mazda. Very soon we were at 65mph and we were dead even by then, And I wasn't letting off till he was. I was about 1 1/2 cars ahead when he flashed his brights and slowed down from about 75-80. So I followed suit and slowed down and like a sour puss he floored it and cut me off, AGAIN! then he tapped the brake lights and changed lanes, which i assumed meant he wanted to talk. I figured, why not.. We were both even doing about 20-25 (still in a 40 mph speed limit) and he rolled down the window right when I did, and I was surprised to see a kid who looked no older than 16, most likely in Daddys Mazda, But then he gave me a and a to follow, and I gave him the ok hand gesture back, and he started to roll up his window, and i was almost pissed that I didnt ask what they did to it, so instead of signaling him to lower it again, I floored it hard and kicked down from 3rd to first and shot past him with such force he couldn't catch up, and It sure sounded like he was trying.

with a good lead, I went in his lane and turned off without a signal hoping he wouldn't follow, and he didnt. I was glad to see my mom wasn't having a heart attack, and then i remembered about my coolant problem i was having, and was very happy to see the temps at a steady 85 C and I almost didn't wanna check, but i was curious of my fuel economy, and I was at 12.3 MPG!! WooooHooo! What a good way to start the weekend, eh?

ok, now im ready to hear about my speeding, drag racing, wreckless driving, and all my other infractions!

Last edited by 03'55AMG; 04-30-2011 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Apparently, It was unreadable without some paragraphs.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
few things.

1. who the hell gets pizza from a place with a drive through window?
2. Who the hell street races with their mother in the car? Are you 17?
3. Why are you proud that you barely beat a 238bhp car with less torque than most vacuum cleaners?
Old 04-30-2011, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Oliverk how dare you criticize the beastly RX-8, the engine is huge, larger than a big block 572 chevy. The torque is just IMMENSE and the power is endless. Those things have so much torque they make an SLR look like a Civic. The engine also roars like no other. Plus with decals you can really put some power to the ground. I heard a NOS sticker gets you 110-150whp on the RX-8. BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2011, 11:35 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
I didn't bother reading the post. Apparently the OP doesn't understand the concept of paragraphs. Too annoying to bother.

Oh, and our mini-van can probably beat an RX-8
Old 04-30-2011, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Oliverk
few things.

3. Why are you proud that you barely beat a 238bhp car with less torque than most vacuum cleaners?
1. I do
2. Actually, extremely close to it.
3. It wasn't stock, like i said in the post. He had high end power, maybe a turbo, just nothing low end, which is why I blew him away so easily at 20

Originally Posted by tscales
I didn't bother reading the post. Apparently the OP doesn't understand the concept of paragraphs. Too annoying to bother.

Oh, and our mini-van can probably beat an RX-8
The day your mini van beats the RX-8 I am referring to, then you will have my respect. But until then,
Old 04-30-2011, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
OK I didn't take this thread very seriously with my last response but seriously, let me get something clear here, the RX-8 is a ricecooker. I've driven it multiple times. I swear to God my ricecooker (actual one) has more torque. The engine screams and nothing happens, it sounds sh*t, it looks like a piece of turd and it goes like turtle. At least the RX-7 was lighter and had a personality, it looked good too.

I had one pull up to me a couple of weeks ago, after I overtook it he comes next to me at the lights and revs it. I started laughing to hard I couldn't even drive properly. He was a little annoyed by me laughing but I didn't really say anything to him, he knew what I ment though. That ricecooker just can't scare me, it just doesn't intimidate. It's not just about speed, I mean the car itself. If a murdered out S65 pulled up I would be a little uneasy, it has presence and charisma. The RX-8 is for stupid retards who can't afford a real car, full stop. The category it's in is too strong. Evo, sti, rx7, supra, even the genesis is better, at least it has a big V6. Those rotary engines are rubbish,they're not durable or reliable, fuel consumption isn't good and no torque and they sound rubbish. If they were good Ferrari and Lamborghini would use them.

I call BS thread, BS kill too. An E55 would ANNIHILATE a 150psi RX8 even if that was possible, and the E55 would be STOCK. Don't race the RX8, EVER. Don't waste your fuel on something that was ment to cook your rice and stay in the kitchen.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS550, sold 11 E350
few things.

1. a kid
2. a kid
3. because he's a kid
Old 04-30-2011, 02:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
I had a caged, track turbo RX-8 before my E55.

Would have destroyed every 55k in this thread before it blew up Unless you're one of the very few running 10s.

But OP, kid wouldn't have been close to you without some sort of forced induction.

The RX-8 was a great car, for the money and for the driving experience, but with a fatal flaw of a ****ty-****ty motor.

But some of you guys are ignorant as **** about cars.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
The motor makes the car, and the look of the car is just retarded. The RX7 is the car you want not the RX8, like I said with the RX7 drop an LS2 or even an Audi V8 if you are willing to spend and it's a great chassis too. The RX8 is just pathetic.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Let's compare:

THIS

OR THIS

I'll leave you people to decide. I wouldn't get either but if I had to I'd get the RX8, that's right my rice cooker just went out, I need a new one.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:49 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
I've personally put an LS6 in a 93 FD. You are just bench racing here. The only valid statement you've made is seconding what I already said, that the renesis sucks.

I've owned, driven, and raced a turbo 8 [around a track and down the 1/4], and have driven and raced the V8RX7 around a road course and down the 1/4.

The RX-8 ran better times around TWS. It never had any ECU or harness issues, nor did it require the Accu-sump that the RX7 did. The RX7's tranny mounts tore through the flimsy tunnel like a knife through butter which required even more work and headaches.

You are so ignorant. And every post you make further evidences that.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:14 PM

E63
I don't know why everyone is bashing this thread. It really shouldn't matter who you race. The point of this thread is that anyone who pulls up and revs against you should be humbled.

I'll put a Prius and Minivan in it's place if I need to. Granted I burn past Prius' intentionally b/c I'm the epitome of Anti-Prius.

I'm pretty sure we have all put lesser cars in it's place just b/c they want to put a MB in it's place not really knowing what the AMG moniker means.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:42 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
FWIW, OP I just searched RX8club using my old login and there's nobody bragging about running an E55. I was hoping to figure out which member you ran so I could relay some mods. The blower is pretty popular on that car given all of the problems that the greddy kits caused. With that said, the blower is only good for low 13's or high 12's if the car was gutted.

Be nice to your mom though. You will always have another chance to run someone, but it's not nice to scare your momma!
Old 04-30-2011, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Enjoyed the read man! I just kept thinking the pizza was going to end up stuck to the back window.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
I was surprised to see a kid who looked no older than 16.
Are you 17?
Actually, extremely close to it.
I bought it brand new in 2003.
Was this your first kill with the E55?
Old 04-30-2011, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
I lol'd
Old 04-30-2011, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Ahh Geeez

Old 04-30-2011, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by BenzoDoc
FWIW, OP I just searched RX8club using my old login and there's nobody bragging about running an E55. I was hoping to figure out which member you ran so I could relay some mods. The blower is pretty popular on that car given all of the problems that the greddy kits caused. With that said, the blower is only good for low 13's or high 12's if the car was gutted.

Be nice to your mom though. You will always have another chance to run someone, but it's not nice to scare your momma!
If You do see someone posting about it, please do ask them about mods, Im puzzled by it
Originally Posted by cal1
Enjoyed the read man! I just kept thinking the pizza was going to end up stuck to the back window.
it was a little bit against the side, no harm done! lol

Originally Posted by splinter
Was this your first kill with the E55?
No, and if you would have read the thread where I stated i was older in the hopes of blending in more, you would know my DAD bought it BRAND NEW and gave it to ME for Christmas 2010... Sheesh
Old 04-30-2011, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Did he think that cutting you off was the cool thing to do?
Old 04-30-2011, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by HeissRod
Did he think that cutting you off was the cool thing to do?
I guess, If there was a need to cut me off like that, I would understand, but there was no reason to
Old 04-30-2011, 09:52 PM

2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
Before you bash mini-vans, the R63 (a mini-van by any rights) would toast an RX-8 and a lot of other cars.

Seriously though, paragraphs.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
...my DAD bought it. Sheesh
There's no shame in driving your dad’s former car, although the aforementioned “I bought it brand new in 2003” post was, in fact, a verbatim 03’55AMG quote. :y

reference
Old 04-30-2011, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by splinter
There's no shame in driving your dad’s former car, although the aforementioned “I bought it brand new in 2003” post was, in fact, a verbatim 03’55AMG quote.

reference
Indeed, it was.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
After a long talk with 03'55AMG tonight, we have decided to just retell the story exactly as it went down. We apologize for any embellishments in the first post as the young guy was posting up his first news worthy kill story and emotions got away from him. This may not be the way some of you want to hear it, but I am going to just type verbatim what he told me. Thanks so 03'55 for being a standup guy and giving us the real truth.

After dropping off my saint of a mother tonight I was driving back home. What cuts in front of me but a nasty looking Mazda with the sunroof open. I yell out, "Hey why don't you step up and let's do it. You want some?"

OKAAAAYY, yells the voice of three eager college girls who popped out while taking their tops completely off! One was light blond with just massive surgically altered upper mods and smokin features, the 2nd a brunette that could turn an entire room with her green eyes, flawless face and package and the other a simple read headed farm type girl with blue eyes and obviously natural yet perfect proportions.

"Hey ladies, I need to get back home. Lonnnng day..VERY nice but......"

"We are just going to stay here topless until you show us what that nice looking Benzo can do."

Finally after snagging a couple of poses with cell cam, I proceeded to pull up next to them and at the green light we punched it.

Obviously got the jump on them and it wasn't too close....so I slowed down a touch and looked over to see the blond and brunette tonguing each other and the redhead just smiled and punched it and got about a car on me, then I jammed the throttle and torched past them as I hear them squeal with delight

Having had my fun for the night, I turned off on my street and my 3 hotties drove by beeping and waving and pressing things against the windows

Over all a good night.

Telling Jakpro1 this cause.....wait, I am hearing beeping outside again. Not sure who showed up at my house so late????????

The phone then just went dead after I heard him yelling like he just saw a game winning touchdown.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Originally Posted by tgoss
I lol'd
This again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Supped Up Mazda RX8 Kill Story **Long Read**